A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General OOC

Go down 
+8
blackadder
Iron and Metal
bobarctor1977
Murcurie
Sylphilis
MmmTasteIt
Theoretical
Threebad
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

General OOC - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 7:03 pm

autopistol damage to alistair:

3 shots - location and then damage total.

body 10 - body 7 - arm 4

pen 0 on all, so I'm sure that does absolutely zero damage.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 2:39 am

Belated IC:

Alistair nods as Marius sends a shotgun blast slamming into the vehicle. Assuming that the arbites would stick their head down at least a little, Alistair moves out from behind his cover. Let's see how tough this armour is, Alistair mused, flicking his lasgun to overlord. Alistair fires a burst at the two, hoping to keep their head down.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 1:32 pm

Awareness & Athletics roll
https://orokos.com/roll/817784 = 10 & 23 vs 36 (Awareness) & 24 (Athletics -20)
Awareness 4dos
Athletics 2dos

Didn't expect to pass both of those!
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 1:39 pm

What kind of weapons do we have laying at our feet?
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 7:02 am

Sylphilis wrote:
What kind of weapons do we have laying at our feet?

Lasguns, a shotgun, a shock maul.

he/him
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 7:08 am

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfUE4b_HAFicRinvr8Oo4ZM8MCPtZahkM6yMtu2lBzmXwVhTg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Please vote on a party leader.

I selected viable PCs based on consistency of posting, length of time in the game, and narrative reasons (let's be honest, I don't think anyone sees Donna as the best PC to lead the party lol).

If you think another PC should be on the list, let me know and we can discuss.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 10:13 am

Alistair will run after the shooter, diving into the nearby buildings to break line of sight.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 10:32 am

Posting here for the record....those who have not declared their action to run or pursue the shooter OOC, IC, or on LINE by 10 AM ET, june 24th will be autocannon'ed.

I will deliver on this promise.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 8:34 pm

Contrary to what I want to do OOC (chase him down) someone mentioned reinforcements with heavy support, Im assuming Donna would know this kind of thing is coming and have her run.

After she picks up a shotgun and a shock maul of course
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 6:31 pm

posting here for reference: Marius is also running.

So that means the party is split into two groups:

Pursuers:
Attikus
Dorian
Egill
Alistair

Runners:
Marius
Donna
Felyx

I need awareness and athletics tests for attikus, dorian, and alistair.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 3:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 4:00 pm

Awareness:
https://orokos.com/roll/818931
Target: 51, rolled 34, 3 DOS

Athletics:
https://orokos.com/roll/818934
target 31, rolled 72, 5 DoF
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 6:16 pm

reposting from LINE so no one misses:

I am assuming autofail from thirsty for both tests to keep game moving. Take note, I am going to continue penalizing inactivity, usually not by autocannon, but to some degree or another. I will accept dice rolls from phone apps screenshotted in LINE if you need to make rolls but dont want to fuss with orokos on mobile

he/him
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 1:58 am

Initiative vs Shooter
https://orokos.com/roll/819053 = 13
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 12:11 pm

Gonna need a dodge from egill or he takes 21 damage, 0 pen.

needle rifle damage: 3d10 21

he/him
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 4:30 pm

Charge / Grapple
https://orokos.com/roll/819054 = 87 vs 63, 4 dof

Dodge
https://orokos.com/roll/819173 = 88 vs 33, 7 dof

FP Reroll dodge
https://orokos.com/roll/819174 = 87 vs 33, 7 dof

Bloomin' dice!

I have 10 soak, so thats 11 wounds. I have 1 left.

Egill had long sheathed his claymore by the time he caught up to the heretic shooter, it had slowed him down. He figured this one might be worth capturing so his hands and his gifts should suffice. The shooter knew he was caught so as he spun around and raised his strange rifle Egill charged, he tried to half duck and step to one side as he charged but it was a clumsy attempt and he was to close. The rifle barely made a sound as it was fired but Egill sure felt its power as whatever it fired slammed into his side, causing him to roar in pain. The shock of the hit causing him to grasp at air instead of a grapple, he'd at least closed the distance...
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 2:11 am

Next rounds attack
Grapple (standard attack +10)
https://orokos.com/roll/819991 = 71 vs 53, miss
Sad
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 12:17 am

Attack of opportunity
Grapple (standard attack +10)
https://orokos.com/roll/820470 = 86 vs 53, miss
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 6:30 pm

Felyx Modify Payload Int 44 +30 (servitor assist/skill/combi tool) TN 74
Modify Payload <74: 1d100 3/9 DoS

RAW: Krak is modified and becomes 2d10+8 with no other changes. Raw doesn't mention increasing the Concussion score, only blast and smoke. Wondering if 9 DoS constitutes a boost to Concussive special quality as well (Concussive (1) rather than 0)? Spitballing for extra boom.

I feel like we came to a decision during the first mission to change the static damage to an additional d10/3 DoS for some variation. I need to dig in the back logs though. Regardless, that is a successful AF modification.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 2:34 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:

RAW: Krak is modified and becomes 2d10+8 with no other changes. Raw doesn't mention increasing the Concussion score, only blast and smoke. Wondering if 9 DoS constitutes a boost to Concussive special quality as well (Concussive (1) rather than 0)? Spitballing for extra boom.

I feel like we came to a decision during the first mission to change the static damage to an additional d10/3 DoS for some variation. I need to dig in the back logs though. Regardless, that is a successful AF modification.

Ehh I don't remember what I ruled on that but I am skeptical about allowing you to make a krak grenade 5d10+8 lol. That would, on average, give you higher damage per nade than a freaking melta bomb (melta bombs are 6d10 and ill take 5d10+8 over 6d10 any day).

Modifying your payload to make it more potent is one thing, but you cant just dive into a grenade thats practically standard issue for imperial guard grunts with a screwdriver and jerk off to the omnissiah and end up with a tactical nuke in your back pocket...no matter how successful the roll is lol.

I am going to stick to RAW as you already get bonuses for 9 DoS, you can make the the blast 4 meters larger, which will be blast (7) so I think that's already plenty powerful. That's not to mention the fact that you get 1 extra damage per 3 DoS.

Can you walk me through how you got 2d10+8? Baseline krak grenade is 2d10 damage right? Are you modifying grenades you have already previously modified?

Because if it was a base krak grenade and I have my stats right, you should have a krak grenade that's 2d10+4 Blast 7.

I am also going to rule that each grenade cannot be modified more than once because then you could just keep tweaking it until you have a handful of stupidly OP grenades.

http://gagetowngaming.wikidot.com/modify-payload

This is my reference for the talent

he/him
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 1:42 am

If I had some grenades I'd be giving them to Felyx for the special kind of love only he can bring.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 12:49 pm

bobarctor1977 wrote:
Iron and Metal wrote:

Ehh I don't remember what I ruled on that but I am skeptical about allowing you to make a krak grenade 5d10+8 lol. That would, on average, give you higher damage per nade than a freaking melta bomb (melta bombs are 6d10 and ill take 5d10+8 over 6d10 any day).

Modifying your payload to make it more potent is one thing, but you cant just dive into a grenade thats practically standard issue for imperial guard grunts with a screwdriver and jerk off to the omnissiah and end up with a tactical nuke in your back pocket...no matter how successful the roll is lol.

Oh, I agree. I think this is exactly what we ruled last time too - definitely OP.

Quote :
I am going to stick to RAW as you already get bonuses for 9 DoS, you can make the the blast 4 meters larger, which will be blast (7) so I think that's already plenty powerful. That's not to mention the fact that you get 1 extra damage per 3 DoS.

Can you walk me through how you got 2d10+8? Baseline krak grenade is 2d10 damage right? Are you modifying grenades you have already previously modified?

Because if it was a base krak grenade and I have my stats right, you should have a krak grenade that's 2d10+4 Blast 7.

This is a krak grenade - it doesn't have a blast radius. It only has Concussive (0). None of the exposives he had on him were previously modified. Each one is labeled either "unmodified" and "modified." Once I succeeded on this roll, I changed my PC sheet. It is reflective of only ONE modification. Modifying more than once seems excessive.

Krak grenade is 2d10+4, Concussive (0) RAW. I got the initial success (+1 static damage) and 9 DoS (+3 more static damage), which makes the final modified krak 2d10+8, pen 7, Concussive (0). If you want to rule that the initial success "add +1 damage If he succeeds, plus 1 for every 3 DoS after the success" is part and parcel of the 9 DoS, then I will change it to 2d10+7.

So, what I need to know is whether or not the roll will enhance the Concussive special quality as well.

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 1:02 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:

This is a krak grenade - it doesn't have a blast radius. It only has Concussive (0). None of the exposives he had on him were previously modified. Each one is labeled either "unmodified" and "modified." Once I succeeded on this roll, I changed my PC sheet. It is reflective of only ONE modification. Modifying more than once seems excessive.

Krak grenade is 2d10+4, Concussive (0) RAW. I got the initial success (+1 static damage) and 9 DoS (+3 more static damage), which makes the final modified krak 2d10+8, pen 7, Concussive (0). If you want to rule that the initial success "add +1 damage If he succeeds, plus 1 for every 3 DoS after the success" is part and parcel of the 9 DoS, then I will change it to 2d10+7.

So, what I need to know is whether or not the roll will enhance the Concussive special quality as well.

My apologies, I think I fucked up and was looking at frag stats and got confused.

Let's say 2d10+8, pen 7, concussive 4?

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 1:04 pm

Sweet! I am going to need to save this Bad Larry for when we actually come up against a raging sea monster. I'll update the PC sheet.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 1:43 pm

Modifying Web Grenade (to give it a bigger spread) & Alistair's frags. No idea how many I can attempt in a night. Assuming each one takes about an hour, but that's only because grenades are small? Feels right.

Modify payload x4 (assuming Alistair has 3 grenades) TN 74
Modify Payload <74: 4#1d100 38/4 DoS 98/3 DoF 84/2 DoF 33/5 DoS?

No fails bad enough to have anything explode in my face.
- Web Grenade = 4 DoS after initial success, so blast +2
- Alistair Frags = 5 DoS after init. success, static damage/blast +2; the other two frags remain the same.

Sound good?

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 7:05 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Modifying Web Grenade (to give it a bigger spread) & Alistair's frags. No idea how many I can attempt in a night. Assuming each one takes about an hour, but that's only because grenades are small? Feels right.

Modify payload x4 (assuming Alistair has 3 grenades) TN 74
Modify Payload <74: 4#1d100 38/4 DoS 98/3 DoF 84/2 DoF 33/5 DoS?

No fails bad enough to have anything explode in my face.
- Web Grenade = 4 DoS after initial success, so blast +2
- Alistair Frags = 5 DoS after init. success, static damage/blast +2; the other two frags remain the same.

Sound good?

I don't want to rule anything after a roll. But next time, if you ever roll a 95-100 on one of these rolls, the grenade will blow up in your face.

I know Felyx is a tech genius but I think tinkering with grenades without dedicated explosives equipment or a work station has a greater than 1% chance of going wrong - and as it stands, if I'm understanding correctly, a roll of 100 is the only way you could get enough DOF to have it explode. Or would that still fall short lol?

Either way count on 95-100 being an explosion next time.

Unrelated and addressing the party in general - are you on board for Dorian's plan of taking the fight right to the Kalb house to fight some heresy head-on? If not you need to start discussing alternatives ASAP - I know I have been a bit out of commission with my back but since you've had plenty of time to brainstorm plans, when I am ready to go I update with that plan if I haven't heard anything else.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 10:51 pm

Yes I am. What do I need to roll to gather a posse?
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 5:46 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
Yes I am. What do I need to roll to gather a posse?

Well, you first need to give me a little more detail on how exactly you hope to achieve that. I think it's entirely likely, but for the sake of narrative and rolls I need some guidance on where you are going, who you are going to speak to, etc.

I will aid as necessary but you need help paint a bit more of a picture for me as to how Donna is going to make this happen.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2020 10:36 am

Quote :
if you ever roll a 95-100 on one of these rolls, the grenade will blow up in your face.

RAW this would count as a jam and I would then need to roll 1d10. On a 10 it explodes. Are we changing the "jam" rule for grenades then to automatic explosion?

Plan sounds fine.

Quote :
if I'm understanding correctly, a roll of 100 is the only way you could get enough DOF to have it explode.

Per the talent, it explodes when DoF exceeds the characters INT bonus. So, if he was without his tools or Servitor, his chances of success would be much lower. Felyx's Int score is only 44 because I am not a min-maxing, bottom feeding, piece of unroleplayable garbage human. Granted, I will one day boost this score, but it is the situational modifiers that are ensuring that while he might fail, the situation is in enough control not to die. I imagine attempting this on things more difficult than standard issue guard grenades will up the ante quite a bit more.

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 8:02 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
Quote :
if you ever roll a 95-100 on one of these rolls, the grenade will blow up in your face.

RAW this would count as a jam and I would then need to roll 1d10. On a 10 it explodes. Are we changing the "jam" rule for grenades then to automatic explosion?

Apologies for any confusion, I mean a roll of 95-100 is an explosion when modifying payloads - not throwing them. So I don't really feel jam rules are relevant here.

Iron and Metal wrote:

Per the talent, it explodes when DoF exceeds the characters INT bonus. So, if he was without his tools or Servitor, his chances of success would be much lower. Felyx's Int score is only 44 because I am not a min-maxing, bottom feeding, piece of unroleplayable garbage human. Granted, I will one day boost this score, but it is the situational modifiers that are ensuring that while he might fail, the situation is in enough control not to die. I imagine attempting this on things more difficult than standard issue guard grenades will up the ante quite a bit more.

I know you're not trying to min max. But the bottom line is that you rolled a 98 - 2 percentiles away from the worst possible roll - and nothing bad happened, when tinkering with explosives.

And if I'm following everything correctly, with these mods you will only ever get 4 DoF on a roll of 100. No offense, but I just feel like regardless of how you got to that point with bonuses or RAW, that's a little cheesy.

No matter which way you slice it, opening up ordnance to make it MORE explosive without tools designed explicitly for that purpose (and perhaps even WITH said specialized equipment) is dangerous stuff. I just feel in my gut there is more than a 1% chance that youre going to hurt yourself.

One way or another I need to reign this in a bit. I mean at the very least I feel I should limit the amount of grenades you modify based on equipment, since presumably felyx is not just carrying around significant quantities of raw explosive compounds in his backpack lol.

My thought was that rather than say 'you can only modify x grenades per downtime' I would just say every explosive modification roll has a 5% flat chance of failure.

I have to either limit or disincentivize this. I don't feel great about RAW letting you roll to modify every single explosive that passes through the party's inventory with 99% confidence that there will be no consequences.

Sorry, sometimes as a GM I am going to overrule RAW, this is one of those times. Unless you have another suggestion that you feel would be fair for how to house rule explosives, I am going to draw a line in the sand and say that 95-100 is an explosion of said device when modifying. I feel strongly that it should be inherently risky.

he/him
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 8:09 am

More on the topic of modifying grenades -

I know you spent XP on the upgrade based on the abilities and benefits of the talent RAW, so I don't want to pull the rug out from under your feet by significantly boosting the risk of modifying payloads.

While I prefer the 95-100 = explosion rule, the other option I am amenable to is that you can make a max of 2 payload modification rolls per downtime, and a roll of 100 is an explosion.

I just don't like that you can roll for 5 grenades or more every downtime with only a 1% explosion rate, doesn't sit right with me.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 9:08 am

I think how many can be modified should be determined by how much time is available for modification and the device being modified. Not a simple "2" because that's that. *insert shrug emoji here*

Quote :
And if I'm following everything correctly, with these mods you will only ever get 4 DoF on a roll of 100. No offense, but I just feel like regardless of how you got to that point with bonuses or RAW, that's a little cheesy.

Like I said before, the difficulty can be adjusted based on ordnance being modified. Since I have modified frag/web/krak in this downtime, it was/is within your power to say that one is more difficult than the other and apply a penalty from there.

But there is a reason why I wait until downtime to do this - it is much safer when he can sit down with his tools AND his servitor and take time to be assisted in modification. The situation becomes much less disastrous. If he was doing this on the fly, it would be different. I don't think you're taking situational modifiers into account.

Whatever you decide, that's fine. Let's just get a decision down so we don't have to revisit this every time I attempt it again. As I have tied it to my goals, it is something I am planning on doing as often as time/available ordnance allows.

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2020 6:16 pm

On the topic of modifying payloads

I guess I am a lot more open to you modifying that many grenades now that I know you've spent 4 days with downtime. I was thinking it was just an evening.

Moving forward I will definitely apply penalties for any more advanced grenades, and I will also limit the amount of grenades you can modify in a given period of time - probably 2 per 12ish hours of downtime, I am thinking, presuming that you are spending some of that other time eating, drinking, resting, tending to other tasks and whatnot, etc.

I know I am not following RAW to a tee, but I feel like that's a fair compromise, let me know what you think.

Gather Around for XP

I'm giving everyone 500 xp as a baseline and then offering some players more than that based on frequency/quality of posts.

Donna - 600

Egill - 800

Attikus - 600 (I liked the ingenuity of using faith or command skills in combat)

Felyx - 800 + 150 for bday xp.

Dorian - 800

Marius - 700

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 8:30 am

bobarctor1977 wrote:
On the topic of modifying payloads

I guess I am a lot more open to you modifying that many grenades now that I know you've spent 4 days with downtime. I was thinking it was just an evening.

Moving forward I will definitely apply penalties for any more advanced grenades, and I will also limit the amount of grenades you can modify in a given period of time - probably 2 per 12ish hours of downtime, I am thinking, presuming that you are spending some of that other time eating, drinking, resting, tending to other tasks and whatnot, etc.

I know I am not following RAW to a tee, but I feel like that's a fair compromise, let me know what you think.

Yeah, this sounds totally reasonable. Down.

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 7:38 pm

Can I get everyone's honest input on how we feel about this game moving forward?

I feel like engagement has sort of fallen off a cliff and I am just wondering if everyone actually wants to continue, and more realistically, if you honestly feel you will be able to post more often.

By posting more often, I would like to get a renewed commitment that players will post at least once a week, if not every 3 days.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 7:19 am

I'm definitely loving the game and still interested, but I suppose the most important issue is my ability to post frequently and I know that's been difficult for me. My work schedule is a bit hectic and I have trouble finding the time/creativity to post. I hadn't even realized its been over a week since my last post here. I'd like to say I'll make more of an effort to update regularly, but I've said that before and I'm still only updating sporadically.

So essentially "its not you, its me." I'm way into the game but its hard for me to make it a priority.

Also I temporarily don't have access to LINE because of a new phone, so I won't be responding to messages there until I figure out how to set it up again.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 9:12 am

bobarctor1977 wrote:
Can I get everyone's honest input on how we feel about this game moving forward?

I feel like engagement has sort of fallen off a cliff and I am just wondering if everyone actually wants to continue, and more realistically, if you honestly feel you will be able to post more often.

By posting more often, I would like to get a renewed commitment that players will post at least once a week, if not every 3 days.

I'm still down for this game and I can post most days.

I think we're going through a bit of a hump at the moment. You've had a bad back, Jeff has brought a house and had a b'day, I've had a bad chest/throat infection, we've also had a few people drop from the game and other's have a few issues also. With some of us able to post often and others less so I guess we need to agree on some halfway house for frequency of posting.

The other option as I know you've been wanting to change systems is to take the plunge now. We could take a break for a few weeks while we convert our guys to Wrath and Glory. This might give the game some new urgency and would also help with your own motivation for the game as I know you dislike the DH2 system.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 7:18 pm

Checking this after my ENTIRE DAY SPENT FUCKING MOVING. So, I hope the commitment speaks for itself. I am in.

I am with Dave on this one too. Let's make the switch, using the time off to familiarize with the new system. Whoever makes the switch obviously wants to dedicate to the game. Whoever doesn't, doesn't. Depending on numbers, we could talk about potentially opening it up to new recruitment.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 12:32 am

What are we switching too? Sorry but I recall talking about it but I didnt know we were doing it.

Im checking the forums daily, with weekends being hit or miss. Donna is a one of my fav Pc's so Im all for charging ahead.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 5:05 am

Kobras_Aquairre wrote:
I'm definitely loving the game and still interested, but I suppose the most important issue is my ability to post frequently and I know that's been difficult for me. My work schedule is a bit hectic and I have trouble finding the time/creativity to post. I hadn't even realized its been over a week since my last post here. I'd like to say I'll make more of an effort to update regularly, but I've said that before and I'm still only updating sporadically.

So essentially "its not you, its me." I'm way into the game but its hard for me to make it a priority.

Hard to blame you man. It's the kind of thing where it's not a huge deal when one person is a bit busy, but I definitely feel the game lagging when everyone seems busier.

Carnelian wrote:
I'm still down for this game and I can post most days.

I think we're going through a bit of a hump at the moment. You've had a bad back, Jeff has brought a house and had a b'day, I've had a bad chest/throat infection, we've also had a few people drop from the game and other's have a few issues also. With some of us able to post often and others less so I guess we need to agree on some halfway house for frequency of posting.

This is a great point. I don't mean to sound like I'm calling the kettle black so to speak, I know I was out for a minute. Didn't know you were sick, hope you are feeling better my friend. It's also good to remember its probably a temporary lull rather than the new normal.

I think as far as posting frequency I want to shoot for once a week minimum, ideally once every 2-3 days. For combat, I think minimum is once every 2 days.

That's a posting frequency I can stick to on all but my busiest weeks (probably 99% of the year I could stick to that), and I think it would generally make for a good cadence for the game if all players shot for posting in that ballpark.

I like to post daily or every other day and I will continue to do so when I can but I can agree to that as a minimum.

Of course life happens and there will be times when we can't post even once a week and that's fine. I just ask that you try to let us know so we can account and plan for your absence.

Curious for players thoughts on that cadence. I know that sounds slow but id rather agree to something slow and realistic, than fast and hyper-engaged that we don't end up sticking to for more than a few weeks.

Carnelian wrote:
The other option as I know you've been wanting to change systems is to take the plunge now. We could take a break for a few weeks while we convert our guys to Wrath and Glory. This might give the game some new urgency and would also help with your own motivation for the game as I know you dislike the DH2 system.

Honestly if you and Jeff are down I am. I am feeling pretty motivated about the game and the story, aside from just worrying that player engagement is suffering.

Sylphilis wrote:
What are we switching too? Sorry but I recall talking about it but I didnt know we were doing it.

Im checking the forums daily, with weekends being hit or miss. Donna is a one of my fav Pc's so Im all for charging ahead.

Wrath and Glory.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 12:56 pm

bobarctor1977 wrote:

I think as far as posting frequency I want to shoot for once a week minimum, ideally once every 2-3 days. For combat, I think minimum is once every 2 days.

That's a posting frequency I can stick to on all but my busiest weeks (probably 99% of the year I could stick to that), and I think it would generally make for a good cadence for the game if all players shot for posting in that ballpark.

I like to post daily or every other day and I will continue to do so when I can but I can agree to that as a minimum.

2-3 days is reasonable, for combat though I'd say 1 day as it holds things up to much otherwise. If a player is pushed for time a quick LINE message as to what their action is in combat should be a minimum.

Perhaps we could agree a 'buddy' system for combat which is used when a player is absent. Your agreed buddy can roll the combat dice and just give a line or two of IC for your character. This could be used if a player can't post in whatever window is agreed to get an action in. I would be down for this. I would suggest players with more pressured time team up with someone with more on their hands.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 1:06 pm

Carnelian wrote:
2-3 days is reasonable, for combat though I'd say 1 day as it holds things up to much otherwise. If a player is pushed for time a quick LINE message as to what their action is in combat should be a minimum.

Perhaps we could agree a 'buddy' system for combat which is used when a player is absent. Your agreed buddy can roll the combat dice and just give a line or two of IC for your character. This could be used if a player can't post in whatever window is agreed to get an action in. I would be down for this. I would suggest players with more pressured time team up with someone with more on their hands.

That's actually a great idea, provided we have enough "buddies" in game with free time. Right now and oftentimes it seems like the entire group is pressed for time though. Last combat was fairly snappy.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 1:23 pm

One big help would be just informing your fellow player, VIA here or Line when you expect a lack of posting. I dont think anyone has gotten any real shit for having to dip out for any length of time. Its just a common courtesy.
Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 4:49 am

Sylphilis wrote:
One big help would be just informing your fellow player, VIA here or Line when you expect a lack of posting. I dont think anyone has gotten any real shit for having to dip out for any length of time. Its just a common courtesy.

It feels bad to have to do this as often as I do. Although I suppose in the grand scheme of things, the number of on weeks compared to off weeks is still pretty good.

Anyway, I'm down to take the plunge and convert characters if others are also interested. It might be invigorating for player engagement to do a character rebuild. It helps us get back in touch with our characters, not that I think anyone here has had trouble with that. But it could be a nice change of pace.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 2:24 pm

IMPORTANT!!! Please read carefully!

On the System Switch

I've been reading W&G all day and I'm actually pretty excited, system seems a lot smoother while still having a good deal of crunch (I get the sense this group is into that).

Let's aim to have all our characters rebuilt by September 1st. PLEASE let me know if you need more time than that.

I'm not going to let you roll tests or participate in combat if you don't have your PC rebuilt by then, so just note that PCs from the DH2 ruleset will only be good for narrative RP once we transition. To make skill tests and fight you'll need a W&G PC.

PM me for an updated copy of the rulebook. We're using the Cubicle 7 version of W&G, NOT the Ulisses Spiel one.

On the Game Right Now

If you don't have anything else to ask Ewald or anything to chat with him about, I'd like to move forward. Please let me know what you want to do next.

If it's not too much to ask, I would appreciate a bit more initiative from the players to help me drive action. Feels like at the end of a lot of scenes I have to ask "ok, what now?" or "ok, what do you do now?"

Please don't sit around waiting for myself or another player to chart your course - whoever takes the initiative to post a decision gets final say.

With a sandbox game you have total freedom, but you also have a bit of a responsibility to help me drive action. Help me make this game awesome!

he/him

Last edited by bobarctor1977 on Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 2:59 pm

One last note - I know this is a new system for all of us. I don't want anyone to feel stressed about perfecting their character for a system they haven't played yet, so I'll allow everyone to respec after playing for a while if they so choose. Cheers!

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 12:56 am

I got nothing to add currently.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 9:28 am

UPDATE: we're going to aim for sept 1st for switching to W&G (or WANG for our more sensual gamers)

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 4:06 pm

MmmTasteIt wrote:
Sylphilis wrote:

It feels bad to have to do this as often as I do. Although I suppose in the grand scheme of things, the number of on weeks compared to off weeks is still pretty good.

Anyway, I'm down to take the plunge and convert characters if others are also interested. It might be invigorating for player engagement to do a character rebuild. It helps us get back in touch with our characters, not that I think anyone here has had trouble with that. But it could be a nice change of pace.

Honestly, IMO as long as you are being VOCAL/COMMUNICATIVE about being absent, it doesn't bother me at all how often you have other engagements, whatever they may be. It's the fucking silence that kills me as a GM.

I am down for 1 day during structured time, with LINE/buddy system in place.

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 2:08 pm

Echoing what Jeff said above in response to Zeke, you are fine man. I totally get it. The thing I appreciate most is just keeping me in the loop so we are not waiting around on a player who is definitely not going to post anytime soon, or so that we can plan accordingly around RPing/driving the story forward without their PC in the limelight.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

General OOC
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next