A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General OOC

Go down 
+8
blackadder
Iron and Metal
bobarctor1977
Murcurie
Sylphilis
MmmTasteIt
Theoretical
Threebad
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

General OOC - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2020 6:44 am

1) We are one week out from WANG. Where are we at with this? So far I think I have only seen WIP or finished builds from Dave and Kobras. Jeff, Zeke, Heath, will you be able to make this happen?

2) As mentioned in another thread, I am of the opinion that we should ditch most all of your current wargear and take what is provided by WANG. This is for balancing reasons, most tier 2 PCs in wang start with power swords and bolter weapons. If you keep your current equipment, you will have weapons and armor that is severely underpowered compared to your stats.

I also really don't want to homebrew rules for every last piece of equipment we want to port over that doesn't have stats yet in WANG.

That said I don't want you to feel like you're losing anything important to your PC or losing equipment you earned/got as a reward, so just talk to me about any pieces you don't want to lose and we can sort things out.

I just don't want any fuss over stuff like "but my CHAINSWORD!!" when youre going to be getting fuckin poweraxes and powerfists lol....unless you REALLY want to nerf yourself with a underpowered weapon, in which case go for it!

3) I haven't updated IC as I feel like this scene has reached it's end. Are you ready to storm the noble's house? If not where to now?

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 12:24 am

Mine is about done on my PC sheet at this bottom.

So what your saying is I ditch my current chainaxe, chainsword, and shock maul for a knife and/or sword?
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 4:45 am

Sylphilis wrote:

So what your saying is I ditch my current chainaxe, chainsword, and shock maul for a knife and/or sword?

No. What I'm saying is if you keep using a chainaxe, chainsword and shock mail, you will be pretty underpowered compared to tier 2 enemies and PCs.

You can easily build a tier 2 PC to have a power axe, Heath. If you really want to keep your chainaxe then knock yourself out but please look at the rules for advanced character creation on page 38...there are options for starting with stronger equipment.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 7:22 am

Chain axes/swords aren't that bad. You can take two rare items with the rules on p38.

Difference between a Power Axe and a Chain Axe is the the former has -2 AP and the latter has Brutal trait.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 7:58 am

Carnelian wrote:
Chain axes/swords aren't that bad. You can take two rare items with the rules on p38.

Difference between a Power Axe and a Chain Axe is the the former has -2 AP and the latter has Brutal trait.

Good point. So less of a power drop than it would have been in DH2, but the point remains.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 11:33 am

Sylphilis wrote:

Summary on equipment purchases;
1) You can buy equipment that in total cannot exceed 20 value points
2) You can buy up to two rare items

For example you could take a chainaxe and some heavy carapace (both rare) which are value 5 & 6 respectively and have 9 value points left for other purchases.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 11:57 am

Ok. I didn't realize we could change starting weapon options. Thought we were limited to what the archetype had listed.
Thats all I need to do and then I'm done.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 2:20 pm

This might help for some of those other stats for people who've not added it to their WANG sheets. The values are from Egills sheet for an example... https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com/t544-egill-skallagrimmson-wang#19455

Objective
- Conviction (Will): 4
- Resolve (Will-1): 3
- Size
- Speed: 6 [-1 Bulk]     everyone starts at speed 6. Egill has slow ass armour (bulk).

Defence (I-1): 3
Resilience = Base (T+1) [5] + Armour [4]: 9

Wounds (T + 2 x Tier): 12/12
Shock (Will + Tier): 6/6
- Determination (Will): 4
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 9:16 am

TLDR; I am putting this game on hold. Let's reconvene in a month or two and re-assess how we are feeling then. I apologize but this is something I need to do for myself.

Reposting a couple messages from LINE:

At this point I put more effort into trying to drag people to the table so to speak than RPing or thinking about the story and NPCs. It's not fun and as many of you know I'm running on empty. I'd rather we just put the game on hold because I'm pretty tired of banging my head against the wall trying to keep this game going.

I'm gonna step back for now. I gotta throw in the towel. Let's plan on reconvening in a month or two and reassessing how myself and everyone else are feeling then. No promises and if we were to keep playing I'd need to lay out some hard commitments for players to stick to. Like I said if someone else wants to GM or y'all want to try a self guided game then knock yourselves out. But at the moment my heart is not in it anymore. I'm sorry to do this so abruptly, I've been trying to soldier on despite burn out for a while but it's been a hard year and the last thing I need is a game that's more frustrating and tedious than fun for me. Sadly that's where I'm at. I'll post this OOC as well. Apologies and thanks for playing thus far.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 3:58 pm

As I said in LINE, this sucks all the ass, but it is totally understandable.

Burnout is real. I'll see you back here in a month (or so).

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 8:30 am

As an update:

Hey all. I know I said I was putting the game on hold and would make a decision later but at this point I don't need any more time to think. Its clear to me now that I'm not the right GM for the group. I am sincerely sorry it's ending this way, but you legit deserve a GM who's not grumpy all the time. On the bright side you don't have to read any more winded, rambling LINE messages from me 😂. We had a good run, take care and see you all around. And by all means, if you want to find a new GM or run the game yourselves, knock yourselves out.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

General OOC
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20