A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Wormwood

Go down 
+3
Iron and Metal
Princeofhavoc
Wendigo Bob
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Grond

Grond

The Wormwood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2020 1:38 pm

Amanzi looks around briefly, and seeing no other movement, turns to Alyra, “What do you want to discuss? I expect we have a few minutes.”
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 2:28 pm

Alyra gives a nod to Amanzi. Both him and Sakana seem quite intellectual and could prove invaluable in this phase of her plan.

"Well, this is the second time we've fought together, the third time we've all been in a room, and we were all pressganged from the same port. I'd say, not working together now would be a waste. Beyond that, I think a number of us have made friends we'd be willing to wager could help if we were to look to... better our rank. I say we start crunching numbers. Find a place where we can talk, in private, about who would be willing to help our cause. Start working on a plan of action to assert ourselves. Carefully. What do you all think? Can I trust you? I certainly hope so, I've seen you all fight and I would hate the alternative..."

She was very casual about it but she knew that if any of them were on the side of the officers, there would be blood. A bunch of vicious rats and an under equipped team would make a death not too unlikely, so this would be a good time to feel out her would-be companions' positions.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 10:10 pm

Sakana answers almost immediately. "That is the single best idea I've heard since being aboard this poor excuse of ship. There are a few up top I can trust." He looked to Amanzi to see how he'd respond.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 1:41 am

Sakana also found a vial with some kind of liquid in it.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 6:29 pm

Sakana held up there hand, noticing a vial they had grabbed seemingly for the first time. "Well kiss my scaly ass, what might this be?"

While the others kept chatting on mutiny, they studied the vial.

Rolling Survival to identify?:

Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 7:06 pm

"I've got no love for our captain, or any of his drooling officers, you can rest assured. But I'm not about to charge against them blindly with a secondhand sword and a couple of spells. Think there's a way we could set the battlefield in our favor?"
Back to top Go down
Grond

Grond

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 9:21 pm

Amanzi growls at mention of the officers. ”Bastards don’t deserve to lead. I’ll back your play, but we have to wait for the right opportunity. We’ve been on this ship less than a week, a general mutiny will probably turn against us. Best case, Harrigan takes another ship, and we end up as prize crew with some of our other new friends. Let’s give it a few days, and see what develops. The officers are loyal to the captain; the fewer of them we have to face, the greater our chances of success.”
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 12:05 am

Sakana believes it might be holy water.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 12:41 am

Alyra breathed a sigh of relief. At least she could trust these few to side with her, and no blood would be shed. shakes her head. "I don't mean to say we run at them with belaying pins and cookware, but I would like to begin to lay the ground work. If we can, we should take a better look at the quartermaster. Either we get Grok on our side or find a way to slip in and acquire some gear when we need it. Amanzi raises a good point however. We should look toward proving ourselves to the crew, as much as possible. When the time comes, the decision to put us in charge should be clear. We're not there yet, but I think there are a few I can count on to support me. What about the lot of you?"

She raises an eyebrow and scans each face for just a moment, then pauses as she realizes the fish man is quite focused on something else. "Sakana? Anything special about that vial of water? Kind of looks like, well, everything else."

After seeing the man sling lightning in their last combat, she makes a few motions and says a couple words charged with magic.

*OOC:
Back to top Go down
Grond

Grond

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 8:19 am

Amanzi nods at Alyra. "I'll handle Grok, and I think I've found a couple other sympathetic ears. Best to bide our time."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 10:55 am

"I have brought a few sympathizers to my side as well. At the very least, we know we can start increasing our numbers exponentially."

Sakana holds up the vial. "I think it is holy water. Not sure how much help that is currently, but it is a start. Perhaps there are other goodies hiding around. Might get lucky if the quartermaster doesn't work out."

Back to top Go down
Grond

Grond

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptySun May 10, 2020 9:06 pm

Amanzi looks at Sakana with a smile, "I'm pretty confident about the quartermaster. She's a superstitious sort, and Besmara's name carries a lot of influence out here." He glances upward towards the deck with a scowl, "We should head back up, don't want them to start thinking we're shirking down here. Let's grab the carcasses, proof of a job well done."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptySun May 10, 2020 10:52 pm

Sakana looked at Amanzi and Alyra for a long moment, then at Yesmoro, and held out a scaled hand.

It was a sign of solidarity, clear in any language. They had spoken of things that could get them killed in the most horrible way. They were on the same path now. Sakana meant to show that physically and would be very wary of anyone who did not return the gesture.

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 12:14 am

By the gravity of Sakana's look, she new she had made an ally. She didn't plan to squander the notion, but as she reached out, she couldn't shake the overwhelming thought in her head.

Please don't be slimy...

She hoped her pokerface looked more serious than grossed out as she shook his hand, and gave a nod to the others before reaching down to pull her boots up just under her knees. She moves to cautiously enter the water, speaking aloud as they collect their plagued trophies.

"We have an agreement. Let's be discreet about this, we shouldn't collect ourselves in the same manner without purpose, I'll try to keep it to small groups if possible. None of you know how to remove any diseases from this water, do you? I'm not exactly interested in leaving the rat festered waters untreated."
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 1:40 am

Nothing radiated much to Alyra's eye; though there is very possibly more there - but might be better for either a night expedition, or if they got sent to the Bilges for a day.

OOC: Anything else, or can I fast forward through to the evening shift?
Back to top Go down
Grond

Grond

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 10:51 am

Amanzi takes Sakana's hand, then looks to Alyra. "I can cleanse water, but nowhere near this volume. Bilges are always filthy, dead rats or not. Not much to do about it." Amanzi grabs a rat by the tail, and moves towards the ladder. "Yesmoro, remember to return that blade. Let's not arouse suspicion yet."

Last edited by Grond on Tue May 12, 2020 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a cue)
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 2:19 pm

Yesmoro climbs back above deck to find Grond, and hands him both the sword and the dead rat. "You've got a problem with pests down there."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 10:25 am

Sakana watched Yesmoro suspiciously as the Nagaji ignored the gesture and simply climbed back it. He couldn't have been more clear about its meaning, and thus had little trust for the fighter at this time.

He nodded at the others and then headed up himself.

Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 12:11 am

The rest of the day passed uneventfully, and you gathered once more for the Bloody Hour.

OOC: Sorry, really wiped today, will do results of tasks and the like tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 4:29 am

As the Bloody Hour passed, it was more of the same really. Nearly everyone had been whipped at least once by now, though none too severely - yet. Amanzi did get a feeling he was lucky though, and that a more severe beating was coming for him.

OOC: Night actions please!
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2020 11:13 pm

The night passes uneventfully, and you all wake up next morning well-rested. The chores for the day are getting repetitive.

Amanzi: Lookout: A climb to the crow’s nest 60 feet up, requiring DC 10 Climb checks followed by a DC 10 Perception check.
Yesmoro: Swab the Decks: Backbreaking work mopping the decks and scrubbing them with sandstone blocks called holystones, requiring a DC 10 Strength or Constitution check. Failing either check results in the PC being fatigued at the end of the shift.
Sakana: Man the Bilges: Vile and sweaty work cleaning out the bilges, requiring a DC 12 Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.
Queqek: Runner: Passing messages to the crew and officers of the Wormwood in all parts of the ship except officers’ cabins, requiring a DC 10 Acrobatics check and DC 10 Constitution check. Failing the Constitution check results in the PC being fatigued at the end of the shift.
Alyra: Special Occasion: Captain Harrigan is celebrating something today, and wants one of the ship’s
pigs butchered and cooked for dinner. The PC must make a DC 10 Profession (cook) or Survival
check to slaughter the animal, then help Kroop to clean, cut, and prepare the carcass.
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 12:21 am

Today, you all achieve your tasks without any issues - perhaps due to working extra diligently. So when evening comes, none of you are up for entertainment. It seems Plugg though, has an even nastier idea in mind. A hulking monster of a man is led on to the top deck, and the crew all shout!

"Owlbear! Owlbear!"

Plugg then tosses his purse on the casket and grins.

"There's my wager. I don't think any of you could face up to my champion here. Unarmed, bare-knuckled. The one who knocks the other unconscious wins. Just one on one - if any of you are man enough."

The purse seems to indicate another prize as well -as well as the respect of your crewmates.
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 12:00 pm

“I’ll take that wager Missster Plugg.” Yesmoro says nonchalantly as he stands. His forked tongue tastes the air. The promise of gold, some good old fashioned blood sport... why, the ship was almost starting to feel like home.

He approaches his opponent. “Be careful now, I just cleaned this deck. Try not to get your blood all over it.”
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 12:40 pm

Sakana moved forward to get a good view, but not be in plain sight, of the fight. This should be interesting.

Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 11:57 pm

The 'Owlbear' grabbed some crabs off his body, and moved into the ring.

"Fiigght!"

The other pirates roared in excitement.
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 12:42 am

As the fight started, Owlbear moved first, and swung a great fist at Yesmoro, and it did miss him.

OOC: Tomorrow, I'll do some diplomacy checks for the rest of you to try to win friends and influence people.
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 12:10 pm

With the pig on the stove and a bit of downtime, Alyra snuck away from Kroop to watch the fight. she climbed up a few rungs on the rigging and slipped her legs through to make a sort of seat, then watched from her elevated position. She cheered on her ally as he took on the owlbear.
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 5:35 am

Yesmoro struck first, and sent the opposing warrior staggering,though he didn't stay that way for long, slamming him with a fist, doing 5 non-lethal.

Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 5:30 am

More time passes, and Yesmoro gave him another hefty blow, but Owlbear smacked him again, sending him staggering back. There was a clatter suddenly, and Yesmoro sees that Owlbear has been thrown a club - but he also sees a sense of fear in Owlbear's eyes as well - he looks unwilling to continue fighting, but Scourge's lackeys are pushing him forward.

OOC: Yesmoro, actions please. Owlbear seems unwilling to fight, but will if forced - and you have currently taken 10 non-lethal.

The rest of you can do actions as well to try to tip the tide, but clear interference in the fight is a punishable offence.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 9:30 am

Sakana did not have a dog in this fight, so to speak. Yesmoro had denied his gesture of solidarity, so he was unsure how the Nagaji felt about the others' plans to mutiny.

He wouldn't let him die, of course. He simply watched with interest.

Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 9:47 am

Yesmoro leaps forward to grapple Owlbear. He locks his arms around him and puts his scaly face right up to Owlbear's ear. He whispers. "I don't have to hurt you any more, friend. Stay down, it'll be quicker that way."
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 6:38 am

OOC: Make an intimidate check please. You risk Owlbear lashing at you with his club as you approach, so it depends on if he's more scared of you or Scourge.

Alternately, you can do it as a bluff check.
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 4:21 am

Owlbear had the club in hand, but something about Yesmoro stayed his hand, and he let Yesmoro grab him and... went down. No-one else would realise it, but Yesmoro would know that he hadn't actually beaten Owlbear. Could he have? It was possible, though probably distinctly unlikely - Owlbear looked far less damaged than did Yesmoro, but no-one else could really tell that. Plugg reluctantly throws the coin purse towards Yesmoro.

The rest of the night passes, and you all sleep well that night. The day opens to heavy rain though, so not as pleasant as the previous days. You all traipse up for your tasks.

Alyra: Cooking: Assisting Ambrose Kroop in preparing the day’s meal. Kroop sobre, so no check required.
Amanzi: Rope Work: Handling the ship’s ropes, including coiling them, stowing them, and securing them to cleats and single and double bollards, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.
Sakana: Repairs: Things constantly tear or break aboard the ship and need repairs, whether sewing sails or splicing rope all day, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.
Yesmoro: Runner: Passing messages to the crew and officers of the Wormwood in all parts of the ship except officers’ cabins requiring a DC 10 Acrobatics check and DC 10 Constitution check. Failing the Constitution check results in the PC being fatigued at the end of the shift.
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 4:13 am

The day passes uneventfully, with you all doing your jobs without any issues, other than Yesmoro who did get a bit tired doing so, and took one rope bash during the bloody hour.

Those with profession sailor also sense that the rain is buiding up to a crescendo, possibly a storm is coming.

OOC: Night actions - specify anyone you wish to try to diplomacise based on the list. Sakana is still trying to get one person from friendly to helpful.

I will update the NPC list tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 11:25 pm

The night passes uneventfully, and the next day the storm is clearly building - Sakana believes there will be one hell of a storm tomorrow. Even today, the winds are getting quite strong - woe betide the riggers!

The tasks are still given out though, as work has to happen.

Alyra: Cooking: Assisting Ambrose Kroop in preparing the day’s meal. If Kroop is sober, no check is
required. If Kroop is drunk, this requires a DC 10 Profession (cook) or Intelligence check. Today, Kroop is sobre.
Amanzi: Mainsail Duties: Tough work raising and lowering the mainsail, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.
Sakana:Runner: Passing messages to the crew and officers of the Wormwood in all parts of the ship except officers’ cabins requiring a DC 10 Acrobatics check and DC 10 Constitution check.
Failing the Constitution check results in the PC being fatigued at the end of the shift.
Yesmoro:Things constantly tear or break aboard the ship and need repairs, whether sewing sails or splicing rope all day, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.

All rolls for Rigger tasks take a -2 penalty.

OOC: Feel free to get ahead of the curve by posting who you're going to influence for night actions.
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 1:16 am

Amanzi struggled slightly, but did manage to avoid any punishment. Yesmoro got a rope bash, and would need to do better tomorrow.

Sakana though got the full treatment. Lashed up for a whipping from Scourge, and Scourge seemed to look forward to this one. He took out his whip, and three times his whip raked across Sakana's back. (total of 10 non-lethal).

Night actions for those who are able!
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 5:15 am

In the morning, the storm has hit with all it's fury. You are woken early, to the horrifying news that you are all expected in the rigging today.

"I don't care what you do, you will all be in the rigging today - and don't use the fact you're not used to it as an excuse. You -will- do this work, or it's a whipping for ya."

OOC:
Amanzi: Mainsail Duties: Tough work raising and lowering the mainsail, requiring a DC 12 Profession (sailor) or Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 12 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.
Alyra:Rope Work: Handling the ship’s ropes, including coiling them, stowing them, and securing them to cleats and single and double bollards, requiring a DC 12 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.
Sakana: Lookout: A climb to the crow’s nest 60 feet up, requiring DC 12 Climb checks followed by a DC 12 Perception check.
Yesmoro:Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails,
requiring a DC 12 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check. The PC must also make a DC 12 Constitution
check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 7:07 pm

Sakana was too worn out from the lashing he had got to protest. He stood defiant. He had spent the previous day warning those who would listen about how bad the coming storm would be. Hopefully those who had listened now took him more seriously; hopefully now they knew he was a valuable asset to have around on the high seas...

He got to work as quickly as he could, deftly climbing to the crow's nest. He made the 60 feet climb without issue, and then gazed out to see what he could.

"Gozreh, hear me now. I see you, in the fury of the skies; I hear you, in the tempests of the wind; I feel you, in the pouring of the rains. I am true to you, as you are true to the depths. Hear me now. I welcome thee."

He prayed gratefully as the storm picked up.

Rolls :

Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 5:03 am

You're all working at your various tasks hard, then all of a sudden there's a cry!

"Man overboard!"

Jack has been knocked overboard, and is being dragged out to sea. If you don't do something, he'll be lost pretty soon. Even if you do, he might be - how much is your alliance with him worth, when it means potentially revealing your hand early.

"Leave him! He was weak!"

That is the call from Scourge.
Back to top Go down
Kobras_Aquairre

Kobras_Aquairre

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 9:55 am

Yesmoro looks up from his task to regard Jack apathetically. He leans over to one of his co-conspirators to whisper. "Is Jack one of the ones we care about?"
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 12:02 pm

With a few words charged with arcane energy and a wave of her hands, Alyra summons a dolphin and commands it to aid Jack in remaining afloat. She regarded Yesmoro coldly. "They're all ones we care about. Grab some rope. Sakana!" She calls out to the fish man above her, pointing to the man overboard. If any of them had a chance to get Jack to safety, it was him.
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 4:24 am

Sakana throws the rope out to sea, but it didn't go near Jack, but the dolphin started pushing him back in, and he swam further in - whilst the rope did get there on the next attempt, Sakana isn't really strong enough to do much yet, however, luckily for him, Jack is now close enough and he swims, with the help of the dolphin, to the ship and is then brought back on board. Scourge looks furious about the time-wasting.

Meanwhile, Amanzi is struggling with his task, and is also starting to get tired. Looks like there might be a whipping for him that night.

However, when it came down to it, there is a deep shock felt by all, when dinner is just some stale biscuits, and then straight back to work - there is too much to be done. New tasks are assigned, but heading straight back into work is going to make it tough.

Tasks:
Alyra:Lookout: A climb to the crow’s nest 60 feet up, requiring DC 12 Climb checks followed by a DC 12 Perception check.
Amanzi:Mainsail Duties: Tough work raising and lowering the mainsail, requiring a DC 12 Profession (sailor) or Strength check.
Sakana: Rope Work: Handling the ship’s ropes, including coiling them, stowing them, and securing them to cleats and single and double bollards, requiring a DC 12 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.
Yesmoro:Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails, requiring a DC 12 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.

Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 4:50 am

Whilst Yesmoro blitzed his task, Sakana wasn't so lucky; though he did a passable job and so would like only be a rope bash for him. He was also unable to avoid getting a bit tired whilst doing so, though not outstandingly so yet. Alyra though, failed comprehensively, unable to even climb the ropes to the crows nest, and was also unable to fight off fatigue.

Despite his poor showing in the first part of the storm, Amanzi did an outstanding job with the mainsails this time around, and was also able to shake off any other fatigue for the night.

Morning came, and the storm was dying off. But if you thought that meant you got to recover from your fatigue, you were deluded. Scourge immediately strolls out barking orders.

"We'll resume normal duties now, a number of you have earned my ire. Don't be another one!"

Amanzi: Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails,
requiring a DC 12 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity
check.
Sakana: Swab the Decks: Backbreaking work mopping the decks and scrubbing them with sandstone blocks called holystones, requiring a DC 10 Strength or Constitution check.
Yesmoro: Man the Bilges: Vile and sweaty work cleaning out the bilges requiring a DC 12 Strength check.
Alyra:Bull Session: Drinking with Ambrose Kroop and listening to his stories. The cook’s mate must
drink an additional rum ration, but is able to take an additional ship action during the day.

Also, everyone needs to make a DC 18 con check. Failure will make Amanza, Alyra or Sakana exhausted, but will merely make Yesmoro fatigued.
Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 5:54 am

The bloody hour would not be fun today. All except Yesmoro was going to be taking a turn of it - and all are already at least fatigued, with Amanzi dead on his feet. Scourge smiles grimly as Sakana is brought up first.

Two mighty blows from his whip but the third instead of striking Sakana square on the back, only lashes the mast he's on. Scourge grimaces but shrugs - Sakana gets a reprieve. (8 non-lethal - still conscious for night actions - but remember you're fatigued.)

Alyra is hauled up next, and Scourge once more seems to gloat as the chef's mate is tied up to the mast. And the blows for Alyra are too much. (10 non-lethal).

When Amanzi is hauled up, barely awake, Scourge grins with pure malice. Like with Alyra he struck three times, which is too much for Amanzi. He kicks him as well, and gestures for his prates to dump them below, where they can sleep it off. (12 non-lethal - Amanzi is also exhausted right now)

Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 4:23 am

The party, after a combination of lashings and just being tired, stagger to bed - there is no-one else really staying up either after a brutal storm. The morning comes all too soon, and Sakana senses that whilst the storm is abating, it's still not perfect yet. Still, it's much better, and the tasks seem to be back to being suited for them.

Alyra: Kroop sobre enough; Assisting Ambrose Kroop in preparing the day’s meal. If Kroop is sober, no check is required.
Sakana: Runner: Passing messages to the crew and officers of the Wormwood in all parts of the ship except officers’ cabins requiring a DC 10 Acrobatics check and DC 10 Constitution check. Failing the Constitution check results in the PC being fatigued at the end of the shift.
Yesmoro: Hauling Rope and Knot Work: Tying and untying knots in the ship’s ropes and moving heavy coils of rope from one part of the ship to another, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.
Amanzi: Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails, requiring a DC 12 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

OOC: Day actions if not working diligently please.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 10:10 am

Sakana made sure to tell the crew he worked with to not get their hopes up that the storm was quite done. He did not brag nor did he give any advice; he simply stated a fact. With this simple gesture, he was showing his value as a Storm Druid - which none of them knew of course. But if they trusted his instinct when it came to weather at sea, there was a good chance their disposition toward him would be more cordial.

It was a vital skill on the open ocean that others would surely see the value of.

+++++++

Dex and Con @ DC 10: 1d20+3 7 1d20+1 9

Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 5:59 am

Time for either drinking the rum ration, or palming it off. You all did a passable job today as well - Sakana got a 'love-tap' from the knotted rope (1 non-lethal), as did Yesmoro, but Amanzi managed to do his tasks superbly after a torrid storm. People wind down, and start heading off to bed, or games, or chatting.

OOC: Night actions please. Both Sakana and Tesmoro are fatigued.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2020 10:45 am

Sakana was tired, too tired to make small talk and definitely too tired to drink. The Locathah Druid made his way to one of the riggers who had a hard day and gave out his rum ration. If anything, it would hopefully improve how they felt about him. Building allies was the name of the game.

"You'll get more out of this tonight than I will, friend." And went to bed.

Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 10:26 pm

The next day passed uneventfully, all of you doing your tasks with ease. That night, whilst Sakana and Amanzi didn't do much, Alyra finally managed to persuade Jack to fully throw in thier lot with the group.

The next day, Plugg gathers you all on deck, and at his feet are four crab pots.

"The captain wants crab for dinner." He gestures off to a reef in the distance.

"You will swim to the reef, gather some crabs, and swim back. That is all."

You all notice that Jack is also amongst this group - though apparently he doesn't have a pot.

OOC: If you any rank in swim, or you have a natural swim speed, you can take 10 - otherwise, you will need strength checks to swim across.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 5:16 pm

Sakana was a Locathah. This "challenge" as it were might as well have been hand tailored for him. The druid takes a bucket and goes to what is perhaps the easiest task asked of him since this whole debacle started.

+++++++

OOC: Definitely taking 10 on the swim check here. Time to shine.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wormwood   The Wormwood - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wormwood
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: The Graveyard :: Skull and Shackles (Pathfinder)-
Jump to: