A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC

Go down 
+6
saelean
Hydrako
Iron and Metal
Princeofhavoc
Wendigo Bob
Carnelian
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 3:30 pm

I would also avoid orbital bombardment. The leaders of the Blago bloc may be willing to sacrifice their civilians, but I am not. Straightforward would likely be best. They wont respond well to aggressiveness.

Responding to Ignatio:

Hmm...this will certainly tempt the southern bloc. The Blago may take it as a veiled threat. It isnt for nothing we keep a wide exclusion zone around their spires.

She rubbed her chin, reflecting.

My current plan would be to make some concessions to them, without necessarily emphasizing your impact in our bloc with technological aid. There are large territories we've been disputing, as they contain valuable ressources; if your technology does what is promised though, we will be able to do quite well without. I'll make a fuss about it, make it seem like a real imposition.

Back to top Go down
thepooreconomist

thepooreconomist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 9:35 am

"I appreciate your shrewdness, Manutarch-prime. If you believe they will be amenable to regency under our dynasty with the concessions you describe, then I am ready to begin. Perhaps once you have absorbed the other blocs in the near future, they will see the benefits of unity. If not, given time, we can establish spy networks throughout their bloc and monitor their actions, with any necessary counter actions taken subtly and quietly.

I suggest we approach these negotiations as one unified party. It will highlight our combined strength."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 10:12 am

[Aboard the Anatem]

Alexium was refreshed. They had washed, rested, buzzed down their hair, and handled business of the Astropathic Choir before meeting with the crew to make final preparations for the summit. Dressed in robes of the finest quality and deepest purple with electric blue lining criss crossed over their slight chest. They hugged close too the arms, rather than excessively loose like some preferred. The top portion tucked into pants of the same fabric that were as elegant as they were practical. Slippers of the same color, but a slightly more durable and warm design hugged tight to their feet, held firm by strips of white silk that tied up the lower portion of the leg. A heavy, fur lined cloak adorned their back in place of the backpack everyone was used to seeing the child-Astropath wear on their adventures.

Finally, in stark juxtaposition to the rest of their attire, a bright white silken sash was tied around their eyes. The color matched the white silk of the leg ties, and it was meant to be a sign of purity, friendship, and alliance. The outfit was no random conglomeration; purple was the color of royalty, and the "men" from space should look their part. White was the color of purity, a symbolic gesture of friendship. Their las pistol, displayed openly was simply a compliment to the outfit. And if things went south, an Elite Honor Guard was the color of "play nice or get fucked."

Torian wrote:
"Speaking of which, Alexium, has your heart found forgiveness for that grox-brained glacean guard who so foolishly threatened you? Please consider whether you would like for him to end up in an unpleasant accident at some point."

"Now, now, Torian. I am not one to hold grudges." Alexium said in their sweet sing-song voice. "Should the fates decide to trip him off the top of a tower block, then so be it," they added with a wicked smile. "What is that saying about Carnadons not caring for the opinions of grox? Really, he was just doing his duty, as uncouth as he was. I can hardly blame him. If I ever start growing tentacles out of my ass, you have permission to kill me... after all other options have been exhausted, of course."

Again, the smile.

+++++++

[At the Summit]

The Astropath Transcendent stepped out of the shuttle as if 10 feet tall. An air of pure confidence, not arrogance, clearly showing from their stride and warm smile. Immediately, Alexium was grateful for the fur-lined cloak. They had almost forgotten how fucking cold this place was. Glacea... subtle after all. In all honesty, Alexium was here to metaphorically disarm the others. Force them to underestimate and misunderstand the situation. They were really excited to see Torian do his thing; the man had a gift. They were even more excited to go Fluffalo shopping with Roderick; he too had a gift. A much different gift, but a gift none the less.

Alexium made a quick note of the cyborg-zombies. In a pinch, it could be nice to have some shock troops that were expendable in the extreme. They were sure Ignatio and the others had already noted that as well.

When Lethia mentions the King, Alexium turns extremely slowly to stare at her, mouth agape, for a few moments. They leaned over, gently placed their small hand on hers and whispered: "My dear Lethia... remember when we left the King on his planet and then traveled the stars to come to this entirely different planet for a Summit meeting? Maybe you should go back to the ship for a nap."

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 11:40 am

Roderick entered the meeting hall with the others and took a seat at the table. He propped himself up with his chin on a fist and watched for a moment, in silence as Torian and the Manutarch discussed their plan of attack. A moment later his chair visibly shook as Haast silently landed on the back to watch over the congregation.

As much as I enjoy letting the Mundus loose, I think keeping it under a tight rein on this one is a better option. Wiping out a bloc might make dealings harder with others in the future, once their fear washes off. Giving them a win that costs us nothing is very clever. It is even better when we add the theatrics. He nods at the Manutarch Prime in agreement with a large smile.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 5:06 pm

Alexium decided to keep an eye on Lethia for a bit, but wandered back into the conversation as Roderick spoke.

"Believe it or not, I can look like an absolutely petulant child when we 'don't get our way.'" They had large grin playing across cherubic features.

"Oh! I am winking under the sash, by the way. Well, I would had I eyes. This guy knows what I'm talkin' about." Alexium pointed to a random official in the room associated with the Manutarch to emphasize their point. "Yeah, yeah, he gets it."

He nudged Roderick for good measure.

Back to top Go down
thepooreconomist

thepooreconomist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 2:09 am

Torian smiled at his cousin, extending his hand in a clear request for the flask. He knew how sharp he could come across, and it was often to his benefit, but sometimes it was better to take the edge off; it served to calm his humors and lessen his temper when others foolishly came to his negotiating table with insults and threats. 
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 11:09 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
[Aboard the Anatem]

When Lethia mentions the King, Alexium turns extremely slowly to stare at her, mouth agape, for a few moments. They leaned over, gently placed their small hand on hers and whispered: "My dear Lethia... remember when we left the King on his planet and then traveled the stars to come to this entirely different planet for a Summit meeting? Maybe you should go back to the ship for a nap."

She frowned,
All these dirt dwelling kings are tyrants of specs of dust. How am I supposed to keep up with which spec of dust rules which petty kingdom?

She regained herself quickly, turning her smile into a frown.
"Forgive me. I have spent as much time as possible studying what scant records we have on the expanse. Its all mostly legend and old-space tales Im afraid."
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 2:59 pm

The group left the chamber and walked towards an elevator. Similar to most imperial installations, there where little to no safety features-just a bare platform being pulled up by cables towards the peak of the spire. The elevator stopped at a corridor, where a number of soldiers where stationed, also in 5-people groups, as well as a number of manutarchs in various styles walking about. You turned left down the corridor, stopping at a large door that various people where walking in and out of.

The chamber beyond was some form of large, circular amphitheater. Dozens of manutarchs where sitting in the rows, all wearing wildly varying fashions.

At the center, there was a large, oval table with 6 chairs. The nearest chair on the long table was empty, and Blagosiad indicated it was to be your chair. To the direct left was blagosiad's chair. In the second chair to the left was a tall, dome-hated elderly man, surrounded and discussing with manutarchs in a similar style-like the eldest of the group, Waketar, Manutarch-Prime of the Elder Bloc.

Waketar-Elder Bloc:

To your immediate right was a stern-faced woman wearing an armored suit and carrying a long metal staff-likely the Manutarch-Prime of the Blago Bloc, Elnaket.

Elnaket Blago Bloc:

The second chair to your right was empty, though a few manutarchs nearby seemed to be checking timepieces and fretting. At the end of the table was something unexpected. What appeared at first glance to be a young girl-child, with exceedingly pale hair & complexion (likely an albino), hair reaching the floor, wearing a tattered and torn cape with her feet propped up on the table. The various lesser manutarchs milling about gave her a wide birth, occasionaly giving her a furtive glance filled with anxiety and aprehension.

???:

Elnaket looked at you arriving.

Good, you are on time.

She stood up and struck the floor with her staff, that let out a powerful, single high note, attracting everyone's attention.

Would the delegation from the Southern Bloc hurry to bring their Prime? I know they are in the building.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 3:48 pm

Alexium took in the room, excited for the day's meeting. It appeared that only Torian would have a seat at the "adult table." No matter. It was better that way. The Captain had an absolute gift for word play and barter, and the Astropath had no doubt the Anatem crew would come out on top.

They had been nigh unstoppable since meeting. It was damn near euphori- who is that?

Their head turned slightly toward the dead-zone surrounding the young woman and her interesting wardrobe. Immediately they made a bee line for this enigma, this weirdo who so much reminded them of themselves.

Egomaniac. The child stifled a laugh.

Alexium broke through the wide berth given, standing in front of the girl and bowing respectfully. Burned out eyes behind a fine piece of white silk look toward her. They spoke loud enough to be heard, but not so much to project their conversation to the room. Lips parted into a gentle, genuinely happy smile.

"You absolutely must teach me that trick with your hair."

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 4:05 pm

The apparent girl turned her face to yours. The look was particular-like a cat sizing up a mouse as to wether she would eat you or simply play with you and break your neck.

You'd need to grow yours out a tad I'm afraid-simply no space to anchor anything with what little you have. I am curious about the trick with your eyes mind you. No subsonics implying echolocation; no e-mag fields; no notable implants. And that piece of fabric is quite opaque as the invisible lasers I'm shining on to it would have blinded you. If it werent for this - she vaguely gestured her hands around - I would suggest a dissection.

She smiled widely, showing far too many teeth. From up close, he skin seemed unnatural, almost plastic-it was too smooth, to even, too perfect. Out of the corner of your psychic vision, you almost had the impression of her hair taking the shape of a scalpel than dissolving back into the coiffe.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 4:32 pm

Alexium nodded, grin still high on the cheeks.

"Ah, yes. Hair. A luxury I don't mind forgetting - all the washing and combing and doing up. Were I to be able to work it like a muscle, as you, I might rethink it."

Alexium's Mandala implants glow softly under their robes, it was as if their body anticipated an attack that their mind ws convinced wouldn't come. They laughed at the mention of dissection.

"You wouldn't be the first. Tell me your secrets first, and I shall tell you mine. Or, can we start with names?"

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 5:44 pm

Yes indeed, lets dispense with the pleasantries. I am Evangel. These troglodites she rolled her eyes call me mistress of Metal. The spire is mine.
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 10:34 pm

Magos Pulsanus flowed into the chamber, years in the mechanicus having impressed on him the way to make a graceful entrance into a formal meeting. His head hardly seemsd to move, but beneath his mask cybernetic eyes flitted from figure to figure, cataloging faces and evaluating equipment.

The young girl stood out rather dramatically, and that drew ignatio's attention. He examined her in detail, and while something was definitely strange about her, he didn't see why everyone treated her as so important.

As Alexium approached her, the tech priest decided to leave it to the Astropath to investigate her. She seemed likely to be some form of psyker, anyway. Instead he moved to a seat behind the one reserved for Torian and quietly began to crack the encrypted messages passing through the air.

He knew that his Lord Captain would know how best to introduce him to the overall conversation.
Back to top Go down
thepooreconomist

thepooreconomist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 6:12 am

As they walked in, Torian noted disapprovingly the solitary chair at the table, but did not comment, and gestured his party to the seats set aside for them in the audience. Clearly these people underestimated the independence and capabilities of his team. It served his purposes to leave them ignorant. He knew the party would have no issues interrupting from the sidelines if they felt it necessary, regardless of however the chairs were set in a room. He also knew Brenonya could kick through that railing and decapitate two of the manutarchs before anyone else in the room could even react. Again, such knowledge was better preserved for now.

Torian stood briefly behind the proffered chair, calmly going through the processes of introduction. He did not introduce himself; these people knew what he represented, and he preferred to keep the focus on them and their internal divisions, as opposed to himself. These negotiations would go best if he could play on the existing politics and disallow any sort of unification against regency. The easiest way to accomplish the latter was to simply keep the focus on them as individual blocs facing a growing and growing unification against them.

He first locked eyes with the Elder leader, nodding his head in respect and resting his hands on the back of the chair - it was unwise to assume handshakes with new cultures, he had found, but showing his hands to be free of weapons was always appreciated, and keeping them down kept focus on his face, his signs of respect, his words. He spoke calmly, neither rushed nor intimidated, firm but gentle: "Greetings, Manutarch-Prime Waketar. I have heard of the wisdom of your people, your desire for knowledge, your drive to secure the best future for your people. I hope to help you with that today." Before the Manutarch could respond, the shift of Torian's gaze dismissed any response except body language.

He turned his head to look at the Blago leader, again calmly locking eyes and nodding respectfully: "Manutarch-Prime Elnaket. Greetings. I have heard of your patriotism, and the ferocity with which you defend your people's independence. I have also heard you do not like to bandy words; I will speak truthfully and succinctly today. I believe we can work together."

He turned finally to the enigma. He waited until Alexium was done having fun with a new dangerous distraction. He listened to their words as he went about the greetings, it was quiet but distinguishable. He noticed the unsubtle threat 'she' gave them. Internally, Torian chuckled. The people of this world were so ignorantly hostile, so blissfully unaware of their own fragility. He supposed it was inevitable, a consequence of a punishing environment and disunity. Nonetheless... irksome. On the plus side, he thought, if negotiations turned unexpectedly violent, it would be entertaining to watch Alexium tear apart that arrogant sociopath. Truly, he much preferred to be the only arrogant sociopath in any given room.

He locked eyes with the enigma, nodded exactly the same as he had to the others, and spoke in the same calm voice; Torian was not easily unnerved. "Evangel. Thank you for hosting us today. I truly appreciate it. Seeing your technological marvels excites the archeotechnographer within me; I look forward to sharing information. I admit I know little about you and the faction you represent. Please know, if you will but share your desires, I will do what I can to bring them about."

With that, he pulled back his chair, swept back his coat, and sat. He crossed one leg over the other, and sipped at his water - the picture of patience.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 11:54 am

Wendigo Bob wrote:
Yes indeed, lets dispense with the pleasantries. I am Evangel. These troglodites she rolled her eyes call me mistress of Metal. The spire is mine.

"A pleasure, Evangel. I am Alexium and these troglodytes," they said gesturing to the various main crew members nearby, "call me 'Astropath Transcendent.' Thank you for having us in your spire. I'd love to see more of it someday, assuming of course you can give me a tour on the promise that I would return in tact. I'd so hate to be dissected again."

They let the conversation hang in the air for a moment before moving off. If Evangel was truly interested in Alexium's gifts, as they were in hers, she would make contact. If not, that was OK too. The fun was about to begin.

+++

They took a seat near Ignatio and Roderick. "This is her spire. The mistress of metal. She has me inspired, Hot Rod. Inspired, horny, I cannot tell actually. Did you bring a drink?"

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 4:21 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:

"A pleasure, Evangel. I am Alexium and these troglodytes," they said gesturing to the various main crew members nearby, "call me 'Astropath Transcendent.' Thank you for having us in your spire. I'd love to see more of it someday, assuming of course you can give me a tour on the promise that I would return in tact. I'd so hate to be dissected again."
[/color]

Hehe...oh, I would put you back together...

She winked her eye at you as you walked away.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 4:34 pm

thepooreconomist wrote:
"Greetings, Manutarch-Prime Waketar. I have heard of the wisdom of your people, your desire for knowledge, your drive to secure the best future for your people. I hope to help you with that today."

The Manutarch-prime nodded.

thepooreconomist wrote:

He turned his head to look at the Blago leader, again calmly locking eyes and nodding respectfully: "Manutarch-Prime Elnaket. Greetings. I have heard of your patriotism, and the ferocity with which you defend your people's independence. I have also heard you do not like to bandy words; I will speak truthfully and succinctly today. I believe we can work together."

The Manutarch's Prime's face relaxed a little, the suspiciousness dissolving on her face.

thepooreconomist wrote:

"Evangel. Thank you for hosting us today. I truly appreciate it. Seeing your technological marvels excites the archeotechnographer within me; I look forward to sharing information. I admit I know little about you and the faction you represent. Please know, if you will but share your desires, I will do what I can to bring them about."

She smiled with all her teeth-the cat had found a new plaything. I'll hold you to that.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 6:09 pm

Ah, but it would never do to arrive before the guest of honor!

Nekatrine-Southern Bloc:

A woman swept in wearing a sweeping, orange robe. The robe was modest by your standards, but it was the most revealing piece of dress you had seen on this planet. And she was clearly wearing makeup that accentuated her features and effectively masked her age. She walked towards Torian, bowing deeply in front of him before standing back up.

And as I am a gracious host, I have brought gifts!

She snapped her fingers and multiple workers carrying in fancy metal cases, that where opened as they approched.

Fluffalo silk, made from the birth-fur of fluffalo calves, died with our finest mineral dies!

A case opened showing rich, smooth fabrics in crimson, ultramarine and gold. The case was deposited near those in the group who werent at the table.

A necklace made of Octoped Blood Pearls-found in one out of every thousand octopeds, and said by tribal shamans to be a concentration of their unnatural evil.

A second case opened showing a necklace of dark, crimson pearls that shone weirdly in the light, laying on a bed of green velvet.

3 crystal bottles of fermented soul-lichen-a rare and powerful hallucinogen, aged for a century in deep caves.

A third case opened showing a trio of bottles, with a mildly orange phosphorescence.

It is my wish that we establish a long and fruitful trade relationship.

She walked elegantly to her seat and sat down. Evangel, her feet still on the table, jumped into a flip and landed acrobatically on the table. A couple of the foreign manipulators where surprised, but her own people clearly where not.

Well, with everybody here, its time to start. This summit is to decide the actions of you blockists when facing the possibility of working with humans from beyond our planet. So get on with it.

She flipped back into her seat, her face impassive.

Manutarch Primavera stood up.

Well, thank you for the introduction. So, just a week ago we received our first confirmation that mankind exists beyond our own system. That coreward, there exists a vast human empire stretching across most of the galaxy, dedicated to protect humanity from the various threats that exist beyond our world- such as the Eldar, who took slaves, or the Ork, who wished little more than war. Of course, these actions are not without cost-you all know the ressources spent to ensure just our own land-based safety. There are entire worlds given just to production of these military necessities.

She cleared her throat.

These explorers are at the vanguard of a wave of ships from this empire, coming to find all that may join. The terms of the empire itself will likely be harsh-they will wish to immediately recoup whatever costs our defense might imply. So they have come to use with a proposal. A 35% tithe of our surplus production directed to them to finance planetary defense. In addition, they would supply technological experts-their "Tech-priests"- allowing us to unlock the full power of the ancients and drastically increase our efficiency in industrial and agricultural production.

She shuffled the papers in front of her.

My Bloc has already passed an agreement with them-in exchange for giving them the Prime Tower, they will help us unlock in the short-term the true energy sources of the spires. In addition, we will provide them with security assistance, to develop our soldier's experience with the outer galaxy-a company of armor and one of mechanised infantry.

She lifted her head and stood to be above the eye of the others.

We are at a crossroads-we have seen the dangers of the universe beyond Glacea. We now have the opportunity to do so much-to unlock the secrets of the ancients, to ensure the safety of our people, to generate wealth at a scale currently unimaginable. We have our differences, yes, but they must not stand in the way of this potential.

She sat down, looking a bit spent.

Do you have anything, Trader Filianatis?
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 3:33 am

Lethia stood behind Torian, quiet unless spoken too.

She noted the banter between Alexium and Evengel,. What really had her attention was the three bottles that the Southern bloc had provided. She wondered how well they would fare on some fine cuts of meat.
Back to top Go down
thepooreconomist

thepooreconomist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 3:02 am

Torian watched the extravagant entrance happily. Luxuries were always valuable, especially when assessed by locals as such. More importantly, such a welcoming and respectful display both heightened his position at the negotiations, while signifying yet another bloc's interest in regency and unification. He noted the pearls particularly, as something to have inspected closely by Lethia and Alexium. He did not assume any sort of genuine friendliness in these gestures, but nonetheless respected the pageantry. Pageantry was serving them well so far. He bowed his head in response.

He impassively listened to the manutarch's words. He did not stand; there was no need. He slowly made the sign of the Aquila, then spoke: "Well said, thank you. I represent a trading dynasty within the Imperium of Man. Let me speak candidly; it serves my interests to unify this world under our House. It provides us an excellent location to become a hub of trade as this sector floods with Imperial vessels. As regent, it serves my interests for this process to be amiable, and to see that this world flourishes. That is the true advantage of the agreement that I made with the Norald Bloc, and wish to make with all of you: it eliminates the distinguishing of interests. The Norald Bloc is no longer a separate entity from the Filianatis Dynasty, meaning their interests are my interests, and vice versa. We will establish a trading hub as never before-seen on this planet at the heart of our capital. We will share the knowledge needed both to bring all the power our industries could ever dream of, and more importantly, to feed all our people in perpetuity. Never again will the Norald people face the dangers of this galaxy defenseless, but instead with the unending might of the Imperium.

This is what I offer you. The chance to embrace progress and prosperity as never before.

Let me be clear. As much as I know you value independence, that time is truly over. Your choice is not between full independence and regency under House Filianatis, but between regency or forceful assimilation. We are here as a vanguard, but know the time of isolation you have endured is over. There will be endlessly more, and the Imperial Navy will not ask for terms, nor negotiate. Instead, meet them as welcome protectors. Allow the flood of visitors to this system to bring you riches and knowledge beyond your wildest dreams. This can only be achieved through unification. Yet do not think I wish to strip you of your power. If your wish is to remain independent from other blocs, that is perfectly allowable under the umbrella authority of the House. I have no wish to intrude upon the intra-planetary politics of this world; rather, I will champion its extra-planetary concerns.

I look forward to your responses."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 10:36 am

Alexium watched with interest, hanging on Torian's every word.

Emperor damn it, he is good.

They kept their mind-sight focused on everything in the room, of course, but paid special attention to Evangel. How the hair danced away from gravity was a show in its own right.

What a time to be alive.

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 5:54 pm

The manutarch of the Blago Bloc rose, her fists striking the table:

So its as I expected, a naked power grab form the Norald! Blago will NEVER accept their rule.

The manutarch of the southern bloc spoke up.

Yes, this is of some concern. You would understand, sir, that your "assimilation" to the Norald bloc is likely to cause significant discontent. Concern that in interplanetary affairs, you would be biased in their favour.

Primavera gave a somewhat disturbed look at Thorian and spoke up:

I acknowledge the appearance of inequity in that matter. While their location will always allow closer collaboration between us and the Filianatis, I want to ensure you I have no intention of abusing this relationship. Might I suggest the formation of a planetary council? They would liase directly with the Filianatis leadership.

The manutarch of the Elder Bloc spoke up:

Pfah, these divisions have always been arbitrary. I still remember the time before the blocks arose. This could be a start to having a planetary bloc.

The manutarch of Blago:

Simply that you could outvote the Blago at every turn? How do you think we could accept it?

The manutarch of the southern bloc:

It would be a balance of power. One vote each, with the balance held by a representative of the Filianatis-a governor of sorts. How about it Regent-surely you have someone on that ship of yours that could serve as governor?

The manutarch of Blago sat back down fuming. The situation was evolving rapidly. Clearly the notion of favoritism for the Norald did not fall well.

Evangel watched the events with disinterest.
Back to top Go down
thepooreconomist

thepooreconomist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 2:40 am

Torian seethed inwardly. These goddamn peasants didn't listen to a word he said. He noted mentally that the blago leader seemed like a problem; a high priority once a spy network was established would be looking into whether her replacements might be less obnoxious, and how readily a situation might be created wherein she is quietly eliminated.

Outwardly, his appearance stayed entirely passive and calm, listening attentively to each speaker without word or expression. He tried again to make these backworlders understand what their situation truly is: "I will repeat myself. My offer, and expectation, is to create a trading hub at the heart of each of your capitols, to bring knowledge and power and prosperity to all of you. That hub will be constructed at a spire within your capitol city, which you will provide us, just as the Norald did. The Norald have already agreed, therefore they are already reaping the benefits. As I said, the Norald are now a part of my House. Once I have come to similar agreements with you, you will be part of my house as well, just as valuable and important as the Norald. As I said before, I am not interested in your interplanetary politics. Organize yourselves however you see fit. A planetary council or a planetary bloc strike me as equally acceptable options. Either would include a regency governor from House Filianatis, to oversee extraplanetary matters.

I will repeat myself again. The Imperial Navy will care little for your interplanetary disagreements. They will arrive within weeks, and will expect total and immediate assimilation. I encourage you to join with me, so that their arrival is a harbinger of wealth and life, instead of the alternative."
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 4:06 pm

A manipulator approached the Manutarch of Blago, whispering something in her ear.

I have a communiqué, I will rejoin you as soon as possible.

The manutarch walked out of the room, following the manipulator. The manutarch of the southern bloc spoke up.

We are certainly amenable to the proposed arrangement. As long as we can trade freely with people from your imperium, we will be satisfied.

The manutarch of the Elder bloc spoke.

The base conditions are established. Your representative shall serve as head of goverment, responsible for interplanetary diplomacy & defence coordination. We shall need to create a constitution to define the nature of the council, but your role is already well defined.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 5:29 pm

Alexium focused their mind-gaze on Evangel to see how she would react.

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 5:49 pm

After a few minutes, the manutarch of Blago returned, looking a bit dazed.
Back to top Go down
thepooreconomist

thepooreconomist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 4:07 am

[taking place immediately after the Blago manutarch leaves the room]

Torian gestured to the party to join him at the table, while asking the Norald, Southern, and Elder Manutarch's as well as the enigma, "would you please call over your attendants? I believe we are in agreement, and it is to our advantage to move quickly. Let us discuss terms and ally. First I will lay out our basic terms, that match those made with the Norald Bloc, then I will try meet with you, or my representative will meet with you individually now to discuss additional individual terms. I propose the following terms, centered around the core proposal as previously discussed:
1. 35% tithe on surplus production
2. Representation through a planetary constitution under House regency
3. Independence over intra-bloc affairs
4. No further alliance with other extraplanetary institutions; full incorporation into House Filianatis
5. Transfer of the largest spire within your capitol city to House Filianatis proper, to serve as an embassy and base of operations
6. Establishment of a trading hub in said spire, with a 35% tax upon extraplanetary trading done independent of House Filianatis
7. Transfer of knowledge equal to other blocs
8. Defense against extra-planetary threats by the House, including the Imperial Navy
9. Full military alliance with the House and others within its Regency
10. Provision of one specialist military battalion to House Filianatis
11. Demarcation of non-aligned spires to direct control by House Filianatis
12. Re-starting of spire power plants across the planet
13. Blocs may send an ambassador to represent them through our journeys
"

As the party reached the table, he delegated to the group: "Cousin, I need you to lead negotiations with the Mistress of Metal. Lethia, Alexium, please accompany Roderick. Ignatio, if you could please give a short talk to the Elder bloc on the knowledge we will share, and answer any questions. Bren, bounce around between negotiations, starting by accompanying me - answer any questions about our military capacity."

he added, turning to Manutarch Primevera, "would you please represent us with the Elder bloc? Our tech-priest is enlightening them on the knowledge we will share, and I hope you can vouch for the benefits of alliance, as well as formulate a basic proposal for a constitutional convention. I will be largely busy with the Southern bloc, but will attempt to join you later if time remains."

He attempted to think loudly, although was not sure if Alexium could hear his thoughts, "keep 'her' distracted and entertained, it will make the negotiations easier".

With that completed, Torian turned to the Southern leader, "Manutarch Nekatrine, it is good to meet you. I have heard of the wealth and trade acumen of your people. Let us forge our strengths together; at our core, we are traders too. I propose the extension to the base proposal as follows:
13. Southern Bloc may independently trade with extraplanetary parties, with a 35% tax to House Filianatis
14. Southern Bloc may send a trade envoy alongside their ambassador, to represent their interests in trade negotiations with other systems
"

[note: Should Southern bloc agree, Torian will then move to the Elder bloc to attempt to secure a formal alliance there as well in the limited time]
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 9:32 am

Alexium rose and moved to Torian's side, listening to the Captain issue instruction. With a nod, they accompanied Roderick and Lethia to the Mistress of Metal, Evangel.

"Lethia, how are you feeling? Just a quick reminder that using your gifts will likely result in warp monstrosities eating your brains." There was a chance she had forgotten. After all, she had forgotten what planet they were on.

Alexium approached Evangel and smiled widely. "I do believe that I have never seen someone look quite so bored. Many interactions with humans from outer space before this?" The banter had begun again.

Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 10:46 am

The Magos strayed behind the others as the crew was called over to consult with their Lord Captain. He'd just found a new communication frequency with what he was coming to recognize as Blago Bloc's primitive encryption. The application of relatively simple mathematical hermeneutics was adequate to decipher the true meaning behind the scrambled message.

Ignatio stopped in his tracks as he heard the Blago Manutarch's voice. Frozen, he spent the time that his Lord Captain used for opportunistic dealmaking to listen to and analyze the message.

By the time Torian had finished his rapid-fire negotiation, Ignatio found a moment while the Manutarch Prime he was speaking with paused for thought. Preparing a quick message on his adamantine-cased dataslate, he leaned in front of Torian.

"Lord Captain, I have prepared some information for you to review."

He did his best to block any possible view of the screen by anyone other than Torian. At first the information on the dataslate was just a simple report on the progress of the work on the fusion cores, but at a touch a smaller window appeared near the bottom with a simple message.

'Blago Manutarch's child being threatened by unknown outside party. Actions going forward very likely to be in accordance with unknown agreement between Manutarch and unknown party in exchange for child's safety. Outside party also seizing primitive Blago atomics. Situation precarious. Revelation of our knowledge likely to provoke further action. Discretion advised.'

Ignatio used the pict-caster built into the dataslate to monitor Torian's eye movements, and the second it was clear he was done reading he shut off the dataslate's display and stepped back.

"I will discuss this with Manutarch-Prime Waketar's delegation."

As the Bago Manutarch returned, the Magos had just approached the Elder delegation and offered a small bow.

"As you may have been informed, I am Magos Technicus Ignatio Pulsanus, of the Adeptus Mechanicus of Mars. Perhaps after this meeting we can discuss the ways that the Mechanicus can assist you in unlocking the full potential of your spires."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 1:00 pm

Roderick walked through the doors to the next meeting room and left Haast on his now vacant chair. The eagle wouldn't attack anyone unless they got too close. He took a seat with the others away from the table had watched the negotiations in silence, hand drifting in and out of his breast pocket to take short nips from his flask. From time to time he would offer it to Alexium, though he was sure the little wastrel was drinking more than just a few swigs at a time.

He bowed formally to his cousin when they gathered around to receive orders. As you wish Lord Captain. As long as Alexium keeps that diddle in check and doesn't poke the bear, we should be right as rain in the Highlands.

He broke from the group then and the trio made their way over to the strange girl. A tonne says there's trouble brewing after watching old mate there stumble back in, he muttered to Alexium. However, Alexium must have been feeling excitable, as the Astropath was quick to needle the Mistress of Metal with another zinger on their approach. He paused to wait for a response before introducing himself. Greetings Evangel. I am Lord Roderick - Voidmaster of the Anatem. May we discuss the terms laid out by our Lord Captain just now? What is it you seek from a deal such as this? He was direct without being obtuse. He had a feeling that if things became derailed by too much fanfare, they may never get back on track again.

Last edited by Hydrako on Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 4:16 pm

thepooreconomist wrote:
[taking place immediately after the Blago manutarch leaves the room]

Torian gestured to the party to join him at the table, while asking the Norald, Southern, and Elder Manutarch's as well as the enigma, "would you please call over your attendants? I believe we are in agreement, and it is to our advantage to move quickly. Let us discuss terms and ally. First I will lay out our basic terms, that match those made with the Norald Bloc, then I will try meet with you, or my representative will meet with you individually now to discuss additional individual terms. I propose the following terms, centered around the core proposal as previously discussed:
4. No further alliance with other extraplanetary institutions; full incorporation into House Filianatis
5. Transfer of the largest spire within your capitol city to House Filianatis proper, to serve as an embassy and base of operations
6. Establishment of a trading hub in said spire, with a 35% tax upon extraplanetary trading done independent of House Filianatis
8. Defense against extra-planetary threats by the House, including the Imperial Navy
13. Blocs may send an ambassador to represent them through our journeys
"

The manutarch prime of the elder block answered.

The only thing I take issue with is point 5. We have no empty spires in our central territory to give you. Unlike the Norald, we do not have spires lying unoccupied. We can surely indicate spires on the edge of our territory that are only lightly settled.

The manutarch prime of the southern block answered:

Its the same for us. Everything else is adequate, but we cannot address point 5. We are simply incapable.

As the squad split up for individual discussion, the Manutarch-Prime of Blago returned with a dazed look in their eyes.

thepooreconomist wrote:

With that completed, Torian turned to the Southern leader, "Manutarch Nekatrine, it is good to meet you. I have heard of the wealth and trade acumen of your people. Let us forge our strengths together; at our core, we are traders too. I propose the extension to the base proposal as follows:
13. Southern Bloc may independently trade with extraplanetary parties, with a 35% tax to House Filianatis
14. Southern Bloc may send a trade envoy alongside their ambassador, to represent their interests in trade negotiations with other systems
"

That would be largely adequate. Though might I tempt you with something? How about reducing the taxation to 20%, but you get first right of purchase for anything we sell? We will likely be doing significant exchanges with whomever passes by, so you could end up with some quite interesting items.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 4:22 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:

Alexium approached Evangel and smiled widely. "I do believe that I have never seen someone look quite so bored. Many interactions with humans from outer space before this?" The banter had begun again.

I've dissected humans before. And non-humans as well.  If I know the insides, the outside isn't so difficult to infer. In any case, I'm just waiting for the most dramatic moment to intervene.

Hydrako wrote:
Greetings Evangel. I am Lord Roderick - Voidmaster of the Anatem. May we discuss the terms laid out by our Lord Captain just now? What is it you seek from a deal such as this? .

You'll see a little later big boy...

Last edited by Wendigo Bob on Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 4:26 pm

Pyritefoolsgold wrote:

"As you may have been informed, I am Magos Technicus Ignatio Pulsanus, of the Adeptus Mechanicus of Mars. Perhaps after this meeting we can discuss the ways that the Mechanicus can assist you in unlocking the full potential of your spires."

Yes. We have halls filled with old technology-most of it likely junk-that remains unexplained. This is the opportunity the Elder bloc has been awaiting for 1000 years.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 4:36 pm

Alexium pursed their lips as they listened to the response and immediately became disinterested in Evangel. There was something about the constant posturing that was such a turn off. The Astropath had literally crossed the stars, warred with Rogue Psykers, single handedly bested an ancient Tech-Titan on a world they couldn't use their gifts, helped turn the fate of an entire planet, reached across the abyss into the psyches of beings so powerful they would make Evangel piss herself, and had a moment of solitude with the fucking Emperor of Humankind Himself.

...And Evangel had claimed to have dissected people...

What a waste. They decided right then and there that Roderick would handle this one. As far as they could, they would follow Torian's word to the letter - keep her distracted - but they were already so bored.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 11:03 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:

"Lethia, how are you feeling? Just a quick reminder that using your gifts will likely result in warp monstrosities eating your brains." There was a chance she had forgotten. After all, she had forgotten what planet they were on.

"Though people like you and me and grouped together with non specific psykers, our mutations are actually very stable. My eye lets me see into the empyrean without risking my sanity."

She bows as was the custom for her navigator house, "Greetings Mrs. Evangel. I am Lethia of the house Tzemopolus."

Roderick was taking lead on this one. That suited Lethia fine as she did not enjoy the hidden messages within casual banter that these social delegations consisted of.

Still, she just had to know,
"I must ask, What made these people worth dissecting? Did they have anomalies?"

It wasnt that she was truly interested in random mutations, she just didnt see the point in human dissection unless there were certain circumstances, like a medical student, or a worshipper of chaos, or a biologis looking for the heart of a mutation.

Something Like that.

Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 1:19 am

The robes and mask made it nearly impossible to tell, but a thrill went through Ignatio's body as the Elder Manutarch spoke of slides full of unknown forgotten technologies.

"I will assign a small delegation to catalog and study these artifacts as soon as I am able," he answered, watching as the Blago Manutarch took his seat once again. "I believe that the meeting is recommending. We will speak further."

Last edited by Pyritefoolsgold on Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thepooreconomist

thepooreconomist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 2:28 am

Torian spoke the instant she stopped speaking, "25%, and the top of your core spire". He stuck his hand out, "physically bind this alliance with me".

As she shook his hand, he nodded, let out a brief "excellent", and walked calmly to the Elder Manutarch. It was a short walk, no more than 10 steps. As he approached, he stuck out his hand again, saying "details later. Ally with me now."

He had overheard the trio conversing with Evangel, and inwardly let out an exasperated sigh. What a pain in the ass. He set himself the goal of fleecing that uppity little shit. He would have been generous with his terms, had 'she' but listened and responded. But no, it was to be put off until some random time in the future that matched 'her' overly-threatening sense of drama. He noted to look into whether this place could just be stormed later on; he doubted any of the manutarchs had any sentimentality for that brat. Throne, they might even welcome her removal.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 4:28 am

[quote="Sylphilis"]
Iron and Metal wrote:

Still, she just had to know,
"I must ask, What made these people worth dissecting? Did they have anomalies?"

Well, most of them where for the sake of learning. You'll notice most of these manipulators have either minor or no augmentation. Their skills in the medical field are quite inferior. It took nearly a century of work to figure out neural linkages, muscullo-skeletal leverage ratios, and gastric efficiency modulation. Both on others and on myself-I've dissected myself more than any other, under many different conditions, to better understand the particularities of my own body. And now, I am more machine than man-virtually everything you can see is artificial, and while some of the technology is inspired by cybernetics I found on ancient corpses, none of it is outside my capacity to manufacture .

That is how I know I could put this big blind boy back together-I've done it to myself a hundred times over.

As for the aliens, well, that was just curiosity. They look almost human on the outside, but the inside is quite distinct. And oddly unnatural-not in its unusualness, but it the "flawlessness" of the form. No junk organs, no wasted space, no significant variation of location between individuals. Almost as if they had been manufactured, not born. But you're likely to know more about that than I do. I would quite enjoy picking your brains-metaphorically-when we are in a less public situation. You'll notice that the manipulators listening to us have grown a tad nauseous.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 4:20 pm

thepooreconomist wrote:
Torian spoke the instant she stopped speaking, "25%, and the top of your core spire". He stuck his hand out, "physically bind this alliance with me".
[/color]

22%, and half the volume of a core-adjacent spire. Then we can physically bind the alliance. After things are concluded.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 5:57 am

Well, as we are all present let us return to business. The base agreement is written - Evnagel Passed the text to the Blago Manutarch-Prime - And I believe it is time to pass to a vote. All will, of course, be free to pursue individual arrangements concerning things of personal import. Now to the vote; raise your hands if you agree with the arangement.

One by one, the manutarch prime's hand rose, the last being Blago-who set down the paper of the agreement and raised her hand.

Last edited by Wendigo Bob on Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 12:19 pm

Roderick stood rigid, and clenched his jaw in irritation, as his attempt at diplomatic discussion was brushed aside. He was also dumbfounded at the casualness with which this child referred to him as big boy. A moniker that friends would hardly use, let alone diplomats in the midst of negotiations. This fool will discover the seriousness of her situation sooner rather than later when the Imperium arrived behind them. He charged in again with another attempt. As the Lord Captain said, we are offering far better terms than the Imperium will when it arrives. It would be good for us to discuss your needs now, so we can secure the best for both of us.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 12:21 pm

"And only once we have finished what the Void Master has put forth will we be allowed to talk about dissections and vivisections, your mastery at cybernetic and bionic reconstruction, aliens and amasec kisses with caviar dreams. Promise."

Alexium smiled. The assist was to throw Evangel off and round out some of Roderick's hard edges. This one clearly liked her ego appealed to. Might as well play that angle.

Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 1:45 pm

As Ignatio turned to watch the summit resume, he mentally reviewed some of the other audio channels he had recorded from his surroundings.

Evangel wrote:
"You'll notice most of these manipulators have either minor or no augmentation. Their skills in the medical field are quite inferior. It took nearly a century of work to figure out neural linkages, muscullo-skeletal leverage ratios, and gastric efficiency modulation. Both on others and on myself-I've dissected myself more than any other, under many different conditions, to better understand the particularities of my own body. And now, I am more machine than man-virtually everything you can see is artificial, and while some of the technology is inspired by cybernetics I found on ancient corpses, none of it is outside my capacity to manufacture."

His mental process threw up a red flag at this, and his head snapped robotically to the side to further observe the strange girl.

This was beyond the primitive tech-heathenry of the Manipulators and Manutarchs. Evangel was, it seemed, deciphering the secrets of the ancients on her own, and walking a dangerous path convergent with that of tech-heresy.

The Magos' servo-skull slipped free from his robes and hovered a bit closer to the augmented woman, seeking to keep tabs on further conversation with her. A confrontation between her and the Adeptus Mechanicus was inevitable; it was just a matter of whether she would submit or be destroyed, and how much damage she would do along the way. Her apparent ego did not give Ignatio the greatest hope for a peaceful conversion.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 4:49 pm

Evangel looked at Roderick and smiled sweetly, though you could sense an edge in it.

All members including myself support this agreement.

She turned to the manutarch-primes.

There appears to be no dissension?

The Primes of Norald, Southern, Elder and Blago all indicated they where satisfied with the agreement.

Good! To summarize:
5. Bloc-specific negotiations to establish embassies within each bloc.
13. Blocs may send an ambassador to represent them through our journeys.
14. Formation of a planetary council, with the Dynasty having the deciding vote.

With various specific compacts for the specific blocs. The only acquiescence we are missing in the Filianatis Dynasty's.

She looked at Torian with that sweet smile with a slight edge.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 5:06 pm

Roderick's stern face cracked a fraction, before splitting into a pearly grin. He bowed deeply to the girl, Excellent Evangel. Just excellent. When she turned away from him to address the gathering, he elbowed Alexium, which given their height disparity ended up hitting his friend in the neck. Let's go chap. My work's done here, he whispered. He moved back around the table to stand behind Torian and listen to the final agreements play out. A moment later, a flash of silver emerged from and returned to his breast pocket.
Back to top Go down
thepooreconomist

thepooreconomist

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 5:22 am

Torian glanced up at the return of the Blago manutarch, expecting trouble. Inwardly he felt annoyance at his own lack of speed in being able to finalize everything before her return. Outwardly he allowed a look of curiosity to play over his features, his piercing eyes following her to her seat. He stood where he was for now, next to the Eldar Manutarch, listening to the proceedings and particularly Evangel's words. Perhaps fleecing was even gracious; her removal seemed necessary. Clearly she had few friends among the leaders of this world, perhaps he would ensure their neutrality to the situation during negotiations. She did appear to have useful knowledge. That could be extracted several ways; if she thought the Imperium of Man was unfamiliar to dissection, she was gravely mistaken. He watched the Blago manutarch appear to deflate, and saw her resigned yea vote. Perhaps these independent variables were attempting to help them. This felt more and more like the work of that shabby cabal. Perhaps he underestimated them; this was a shabby planet, afterall. Still, if they were going to continually impact his negotiations without his approval, they were going to need a talking-to.

He smiled broadly back at Evangel, every appearance of warmth and genuine happiness exuding from him. He took a fine-tipped silver pen from his breast pocket and signed the document with the Filianatis crest and his personal mark. "The era of disunity, war, and famine is over. A new era dawns, hastened with the glow of the Emperor's light shining down on this world. A new era of prosperity, growth, bounty, and knowledge; of protection and unity and peace. Welcome to the Filianatis Dynasty."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 11:04 am

Alexium took a mental note to absolutely fuck Roderick's day up when this was all done for hitting them in the neck so casually. It might be a minor poisoning of some food so as to send the Void Master to the latrine all day long, or perhaps it would be a really intense nightmare involving 9 Orks, a bunch of lube, and Roderick with arms and legs three sizes too small so as to be helpless against the onslaught.

Alexium held in a laugh. The situation wasn't right and they maintained their professionalism, but the thought was brilliant.

They bowed their head slightly as Torian finished his proclamation. This was indeed a fantastic day for not only the planet but also the Filianatus Dynasty.

Inwardly, they wondered who would fuck it up first.

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 2:32 pm

Marvelous! So the accord is concluded! There shall be peace in our time, and so on and so forth, bladi bladi blah. Now to the good part: the embassy. I propose myself to lead the Glacean mission with these explorers. I know you wouldnt be unhappy to see me leave. And frankly, these Explorers are a thousand time more interesting than you dunces.

She gesticulated in the direction of the manutarchs. She then turned her eyes to Torian, no longer smiling but presenting incredible intensity.

How about it? You'd have access to a surgeon and scientist with a century of experience. And my mobile laboratory. In exchange, I merely seek to see what exists beyond this dusty snowball. What say you?
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 5:03 pm

As soon as Evangel suggested going with them, Ignatio began to run scenarios through his mind. By the time she had finished speaking, he'd determined that the vast majority of such scenarios in the situation she proposed would end in disaster.

Ignatio stood up and stepped forward, his vox-generated voice projecting to reach Evangel.

"As the highest ranked Magos associated with the Filiantius Dynasty, and Enginseer Prime of the ancestral ship The Anatem Imperabit Mundus, you would do so under my supervision. There are strict rules for the use of Imperial technology, especially for investigations into its nature."

He approached to within about ten feet as he spoke, examining the girl's expression carefully, and presenting her with an implacable, expressionless mask representing his unbending will. "If you seek to practice your techniques and advance your progress in the Quest for Knowledge, you would do so under my instruction."
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 5:34 pm

Pyritefoolsgold wrote:

He approached to within about ten feet as he spoke, examining the girl's expression carefully, and presenting her with an implacable, expressionless mask representing his unbending will. "If you seek to practice your techniques and advance your progress in the Quest for Knowledge, you would do so under my instruction."

Oh, yes, certainly. If you would have any documentation for me to pore through please, share it with me. And my laboratory is packed and ready to be redeployed within hours-450 tons but entirely mobile and self-powered. Its very extensive, it should be useful even with my technological limitations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC   Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Into the wild black yonder IC
Page 15 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next