A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My status

Go down 
+3
Iron and Metal
Wendigo Bob
Sylphilis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

My status Empty
PostSubject: My status   My status EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 1:05 am

Guys I feel like some kind of status update is necessary,

So for the last 7 years Ive been working 3 jobs, minimum 68 hrs a week and some 88 hr work weeks. I only get 1 weekend off a month (meaning 3 days total).
Im trying to put my wife through school and get myself in a position to get a real house, or possibly move to a different city entirely. Im also wanting to go back to school myself but cant while wife is going. The workload at all my jobs has unceasingly increased, and there appears to be no signs of slowing down., I usually only get 4-5 hrs a sleep a day, and even that is spread out throughout the day.

Im beat. Worn out.

I know it shows here. I post less often than I used to and I know some of my posts are not as in depth as they once were. Sorry for that.
Im running on burnout mode almost all day, everyday. Even when I find a chance to relax i cant. Ive been multi-tasking everything I do for so long that I have a hard time slowing down and relaxing. Things may change soon with the wife finishing school, but that's still up in the air too. I just wanted it to be on record that im struggling along and hopefully there's a good reason for it.
So if I forget something, or miss something in a post, or something similar, that's why. I wish I could give you a time frame for when things will get better, but I dont have an answer myself.

No sympathy or encouragement is necessary. I just felt like I owed you guys an explanation for me.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

My status Empty
PostSubject: Re: My status   My status EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 12:01 pm

If there's anything I can do from a distance to help I will. I've payed for GM-ing before, and if it can help I am willing. I feel a fair bit of empathy as I was living on a similar schedule a few years ago, which eventually led to a burnout, from which I'm still recovering.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

My status Empty
PostSubject: Re: My status   My status EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 10:38 am

Brother,you absolutely don't owe any one of us an explanation.

What you are doing is being an awesome father, husband, and human being to your family first. You're sacrificing yourself for them. There is nothing but honor in that. So, no fucking way I am going to accept an apology for that.

You're a beast and I respect the hell out of you. I sincerely hope things start leveling out. You definitely need to take some you-time, man. R&R is essential to your well being.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Solodice

Solodice

My status Empty
PostSubject: Re: My status   My status EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 5:14 pm

Don't sweat it, Sylph. Life and all the responsibility, shitty or otherwise, that come with it come first. That's just the way it is. So an apology or excuse isn't necessary for us. Just keeping grinding and living to the best of your abilities, bud.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

My status Empty
PostSubject: Re: My status   My status EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 11:14 pm

Thanks for the support guys.

I mean.....alot.
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

My status Empty
PostSubject: Re: My status   My status EmptyFri Apr 12, 2019 1:59 pm

I hope no body will mind that I use "us"...

RL comes first, always. Take the time you need, and we'll be here waiting for you.

You are giving us alot and we greatly appreciate the time and energy you're putting in for us.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

My status Empty
PostSubject: Re: My status   My status EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 7:38 am

Hey Heath just now seeing this so I know I am very late to the punch, but hope you know I'm here for you as well. Absolutely no explanation or apology necessary and I always knew you were busy as all get out so I hope it never feels like I'm rushing you for my game.

Hope things have calmed down some since April, but if not, definitely let me know if there's anything I can do for you and don't feel bad if you need to take a break from my game. I greatly appreciate your presence and role playing in my campaign but above all else I want you to be well my friend.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

My status Empty
PostSubject: Re: My status   My status EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 7:54 am

^^ YES

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

My status Empty
PostSubject: Re: My status   My status EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 5:09 am

Heath, I am late to this as well, but I hope things are getting better for ya. Know that you have always and will always be one of the best GMs and players that I have had the pleasure of gaming with. You have our support here and just focus on you and yours right now. Real life, especially the sacrifices you are making right now going above and beyond for your loved ones is something that you never have to apologize for.

Be well and know that we are here for ya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My status Empty
PostSubject: Re: My status   My status Empty

Back to top Go down

My status
Page 1 of 1