A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1

Go down 
+2
Wendigo Bob
Carnelian
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 3:11 am

Archmagos Explorator Augustus reviewed the known facts and associated image files of the 'finds'. One of the driving reasons for the expedition into the Halo Stars...

+++ 79 standard years ago [121.M36] a ghost ship appeared in the eastern fringe of the Jericho sector +++
+++ Designation ‘The Ascendant Star”, a MKII class sword frigate +++
+++ Rogue Trader vessel of the Ferenc Dynasty +++
+++ Reported missing 2284 years ago [837.M33]+++
+++ Last known course Halo Stars bordering the Jericho Sector +++
+++ Vessel initially boarded by agents of Arch Magos Augustus Archimedes Tycho Faraday-Gauss +++
+++ Ship dead. Coginator memory cores wiped by an unknown event +++
+++ No evidence of the human crew and only mechanical parts of servitors remained +++
+++ Two items salvaged +++
+++ Star map detailing an area of the Halo Stars and the course of The Ascendant Star +++
+++ Remains of an Android of unknown providence. Only head, torso and left arm remain. Evidence suggests it had been cut in two by an external docking bulk head +++
+++ The technology of the android suggests it hails from the Age of Technology. It is at a level of sophistication and micronisation beyond Mechanicus understanding +++
+++ The android is remarkably human in female form +++
+++ The remains of the android and star map are currently situated in a secure stasis vault aboard the Single Photon +++
+++ The Ascendant Star returned to the Ferenc Dynasty +++

Image File #112k3p
The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 Cyborg15

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was time to address his twelve cogs. They awaited at the designated time in the council chambers of the Single Photon...

Last edited by Carnelian on Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 4:39 am

Welcome fellow Adepts.

I turned to face the twelve magos assembled around the table. Twelve representatives of the twelve divisions of knowledge.

The table itself was an exceptional work. The cog shape was defined by a giant adamantine cog from a dark-age vessel, polished flat to a mirror sheen. The center of the cog had beem filled with a single clear pure crystal of Al2O3 (also known as sapphire). An intricate Opus Machina was found directly beneath, containing holo-projectors that shone through the transparent crystal and vox projectors that resonated with the crystal sending sound to all within the chambers.

My own face was a work of art, specifically designed for optimal charm on the AAS (Aesthetic, Aggressiveness, Submissiveness) attractiveness scale. The work of decades of surgery, no less effort was put in my body than in those of the vast array of cybernetic clergy before me; I simply had radically different parameters to optimize.

This is the first meeting on a grand expedition. We are currently docked at high orbit around the forge-world Samech, one of the expedition's sponsors and our primary port of resupply. Our fleet is composed of three vessels; the Omnissiah's Vigil, a powerful cruiser carrying the destructive might of the omnissiah; the Single Photon, a rapid scout capable of outpacing eldar vessels; and the Opus Equus, a vast and industrious factory-ship that will allow us to avoid ressuply for years.

I started pacing around the table. This was an intentional choice, to provide the impression that all are being taken into consideration. Most tech-priests liked to believe they where above such things; which only left them more vulnerable to non-emotional psychological manipulation.

While I hold the Explorator's writ, you have been assembled due to my intent to consider all divisions of knowledge. As the Omnisiah is the font of all knowledge, I must take all branches into account. Such balance is required when facing the threats of the Halo zone.

I walked to the side to two individuals sitting on chairs away from the table.

We are assisted by the Astropath Ascendant Deveres,
pointing to the elderly man, And High Navigator Tzemopoulos, pointing to what seemed like a young child, who will assist us on matters pertaining to the warp.

Thus, we require proper introduction from each of you. Will many know each other, wider shared knowledge is needed.
I pointed to the first Adept to my right and let them start.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 1:45 pm

Zindalus listened to Augustus as he reviewed the facts on the data slate. Androids were rarely encountered and were one of the highest rating of tech heresy of the omnissiah.

One so....human was troubling, but also fascinating.

He stands, his frame small compared to most others in the room.

"Explorator Magos Zindalus P. Aleph-Geen 67. I have considerable expertise in most areas of knowledge acquisition. My main area of practice is astro-cartography and cataloging of unidentified anomalies."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 8:41 am

Zahleezah focused on Augustus during the main introduction. Slowly, she made eye contact with everyone around the table. The 12 Cogs - these were the supreme command of this technological undertaking.

No. This is a crusade.

She was honored to be a part of it.

Zindalus spoke first. His size reminded her of her spotted, Toes-187. She wondered briefly if she and the Astro-Cartographer would get along.

"Skitarii Alpha Zahleezah Zahzorahgahnz. One of two equal components composing the role of Secutor. I am a direct combat leader with tactical and experiential expertise in stealth, scouting, and ranged warfare. I specialize in anti-armor and anti-heretekal mechanical warfare. In addition, I am a mechanical operator with experience in land and aeronautic craft. The Omnissiah has blessed me with the capacity to craft gear and soothsay."

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 11:25 am

I watch as the Archmagos Explorator paces the room. Augustus is young. A child compared to me. Yet I do not fool myself. The priesthood is not the place for the meek and foolish. Young or not, I am certain that he is capable. Nodding in approval to his words as he walk by me, I can now study in close his augumentations. The genetors who worked on his flesh are masters of their craft, I'm sure of it. But the truth is that the flesh is weak. I know that better then most. In time, so will the Archmagos. Pettiness is not of the Machine-God, so I ignore my reservations. All that serve the Omnissiah justly are worthy.

First to introduce himself to the assembled magi is a small framed priest, Magos Zindalus. I have a feeling that we will need his expertise frequently as we venture deeper into the unexplored vastness of the Halo stars.

Next is the one of the Secutors. It is a strange thing to have this role divided, yet not unheard of. But facing the unknown will certainly bring challenges that might need more then one angle of approach to overcome. I'm always pleased to see the instrument of  Omnissiahs wrath in person. It is a fine thing to know that marvelous gift we create are put to the good use.

Now I stand, leaning my metallic chorme palms heavily on the work of art that we sit around. I notice something that irritates me - one of my internal servo motors is not working perfectly, its cogs grinding wrongly. It will not do. I know only I can hear it, but still it troubles me.

Before I speak, I make the sign of cog on my chest. Rituals must be observed.

"Praise the Omnissiah. I'm Magos Artisan Lazarus. In the matters of fabrication, assembly and creation I shall be your guidance and mentor. For any requests you have search for me in the Manufactorum of Opus Equus."

I sit down and meticulously correct my yellow and red checkered robe, listening as the others introduce themselves. Questions will have to wait.
Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 8:38 am

Lucretia felt a smile creep onto her face as Augustus began the meeting. Ever the diplomat, the introduction was tinged with pleasantries and good will but, unlike in some circumstances, Lucretia knew Augustus' enthusiasm to be genuine. The Magos Factor had spoke of nothing but this mission for Omni-father knows how long.

As introductions continued, she felt a twinge of discomfort; despite her prolonged association with the Magos Factor, she was out of place at this gathering. Those present were closely associated with the Mechanicus, while she was a somewhat recent "convert". She was glad they had chosen to introduce themselves in gothic; her techna-lingua was mediocre, at best, and she did not wish to have their first impression of her be one of weakness. Such a display would be dishonorable, both to herself and the Magos Factor. She made a mental note of this deficiency; she would have to work harder if she wished to properly venerate the Omni-father. Finally, the round of introductions settled upon her, and she decided to mimic the introduction of Zahleezah for the sake of consistency, hoping such an introduction was considered "good form":

"Lucretia Reid, Shield-Maiden to the Magos Factor. I am second component comprising the role of Secutor for this mission. I am an auxillary combatant with tactical and experiential expertise in defense, perimeter security, and close-quarters combat. I specialize in ensuring the survival of my companions. In addition, I have Arbites training in investigatory practices, including data-extraction from hostiles."

Last edited by MmmTasteIt on Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 2:50 am

Next the most ‘unusual’ amongst you slowly stands. His red robes are dirty and hole ridden, his completely mechanical body a burnished steel in colour. What stands out is the glass globe attached on a small mechanidrite that sprouts from the back of the magos’ neck, the globe contains his brain suspended in a thick green liquid. His face is in the form of a human mask an opaque white colour. The magos lets out a burst of static before speaking, his voice is of course completely synthesised. As he speaks his opaque mask is light up by a soft blue glow.

“Praise the Omnissiah” another burst of static follows “Magos Melthavion, master of physics.”

That was all that is said and the magos then slowly lowers himself into his chair.

The next to stand is obviously your Magos Electro-priest, his bare arms covered in metallic electoo circuits which spiral around his muscled arms. Conductor mechandrites and his Electroleech Stave clearly marking his place amongst you. The warrior priest intones…

“Praise the Machine.”
“Praise the Omnissiah”
“Praise the Motive Force”

He then regards each of those around the cog table, his gazes lingering on the Lucretia and Zahleezah before moving on. “My designation is Electro-Magos Julius Anthetos. Fellow adepts of mars, we have been blessed by the machine, we who stand here. We who will venture into the unknown in the quest for knowledge. In the inky blackness of the void remember the Universal Laws. Keep them close to mind and we will safely return.”

The Electro-priest then offers a slight bow to the arch-magos before sitting.

The next to stand is a giant of a man, close to seven feet tall and bulked out further by his cybernetics and servo arm. His face is largely free of obvious augmentation apart from his two glowing green eyes. “Magos Romanus, Master Materius.” He folders his large cybernetic arms before him “Arch-Magos. Why do non adepts sit at our table? I am of course aware of the unfortunate demise of the Secutor Dahan, but this is against tradition and protocol.”

It seems the introductions have been interrupted for now…

Info:
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 4:01 am

Augustus knew this moment was critical. As with most tech-priests, arguments centered around logic, need & the foundations of our faith would be most effective. He did however maintain a monotone affect, as the presence of emotionality would not assist him.

I acknowledge your concern, Adept Romanus. Due to the nature of our quest we require representatives of the Unmaker God. These members of the Skitarius Elite where chosen as they have the deepest comprehension of the unmaker; their presence is optimal in the absence of a skilled secutor. As it is said, Comprehension is the key to all things, beyond even questions of rank.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 1:24 am

Magos Romanus lets out a burst of reconciliatory code and he unfolds his arms and takes a more passive pose. He was not done though.

"Skitarii work optimally with a Secutor. This is a known fact. We anchor above Samech so surely a Secutor could be found for such an august endeavour? As you say Arch-Magos 'comprehension is the key to all things' so aid me in understanding this choice."

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 3:01 pm

I changed the primary image, showing the heart of my personal organizational chart. I knew it would appear confusing to those within the room; thousands of points representing individuals moving and connecting and fluctiating, representing nearly 100 individuals of the command core of the expedition.
The whole structure, with the over 100,000 individuals involved in the expedition, would have been incomprehensible at best for those unfamiliar with the factor's mysteries.

The following displays the heart of the Organizational network defining the personnel involved in this expedition. Each individual accounted for, in relation with every other individual, and how their interaction generates the sum total of the expedition itself.

A single point disapeared from the complex network.

Removal of the Secutor induces variations in type-X rhizomes as well as all relationships classified as Aleph-g.

Two individuals points move into the place, holding the same links and variations as the previous

The vast majority of those rhizomes and relationships are already linked with our Skitarii-Alpha, with the sole missing rhizomes being interconnection with the Twelve. An average of 32.3 man-hours of effort spread over the two skitarii. Overal personel efficiency lowered from 98.3% to 96.7%, but with a return to 98.1% within 2 months of normal expedition operations.

A single point, of a different color, appears trying to insert itself into the network at the same point as the secutor. The network starts fluctuating, a large number of linkages start re-creating slowly, while various individuals start moving attempting to avoid interruption of pre-existing connections.

Addition of a new secutor into the network would require, assuming no other responsibilities, a minimum estimated duration of 6295 man-hours for the secutor, and an estimated 152,938 hours distributed among expedition personnel. Estimated maximal personnel efficiency of 97.3+/-2.3%. Within expedition strictures, would involve 746.875 days, 2.16 years, involving a starting overall personnel efficiency of 74.1%, with a starting martial personnel efficiency of 57.0%.

I told them the truth, without any varnish (though with no effort at making understanding easy). I removed the intruding point from the network.

As you can see, this reconfiguration allows optimal personnel efficiency in the short and long term. Even a new secutor is unlikely to achieve a comparable level as these two can. All possible reconfigurations have been considered, and this one is Optimal.

Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 4:59 pm

Lucretia remained stone-faced as the Master Materius voiced his displeasure. It was a scene she had participated in more times than she could count; a venerable member of a distinguished order talking past her in hopes that other "reasonable" individuals would voice their assent and have her removed from the proceedings. She knew the result here would be different than in the past; this time, she had Augustus in her corner, and she could think of no one better equipped to quell the concerns of narrow-minded dogmatists. She fixed her eyes upon the Master Materius, attempting to draw his baleful green gaze and match it with her own. She remained silent, however, letting Augustus wax pedantic with his complex organizational methodology. She knew that to speak would be to undo the intricate politicking in progress... and she loathed that she must bite her tongue and swallow the venom she so desired to spit.

Praise be the Omni-father,
she recited to herself, doing her best to maintain her poise, for He has found a place for me in His vast machinations. May the Motive Force carry me onward so that I may honor the Machine.

She paused in her pious recitations as Augustus finished his "explanation", gauging the tense silence as best she could. He had warned her that such suspicion would likely exist... but had he adequately prepared for its severity?

Last edited by MmmTasteIt on Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 12:52 am

Zindalus spotted the increased efficiency in Augustus' command structure. It was only his training and years of experience that allowed him to do so. He did, however notice that this force was entirely mechanicus, no imperial or adeptus assets. That meant there was the possibility of archeotech retrieval.

"Besides evidence of tech heresy, or perhaps the detritus of it, what do we hope or expect to find? The halo zone is a treacherous and largely unexplored wilderness. In your choice of me as the seat of explorator, I commend you on you foresight. Praise be the ommnisiah.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 4:24 am

I responded to our explorator, while also trying to bring keep the meeting on-agenda.

Regarding expedition objectives, these will be developed following introductions. Should there be additional notes Adept Romanus, I request they be saved for after introductions.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 6:51 am

Romanus studies the organisational chart as Augustus provide's the logic behind his choice . He responds as soon as the Arch-Magos finishes.

"I have my doubts. However the evidence of the new Secutors performance will be evident for all." With that Magos Romanus sits. Lucretia's stare is ignored or perhaps it is not even noticed.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 7:36 am

Should you wish to perform further analysis, you can find it on the noosphere at point 110.372.911.035. In the meantime, the introductions may continue.

The data I pointed to was Raw data of course. Vast realms of numbers untreated and organized according to a process known to me alone; largely incomprehensible to others. My conclusions where factual, but I knew too well myself how data could be made to show a different face, so I would not make it easy.

I awaited for the next adepts to continue while shutting down the holo-projector with a hand-wave.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 7:50 am

The next magos to stand is a mass of MUI jacks and sockets, they spill from the front of his open hood and out from his sleeves. His fingers and he had more than ten all ended in jack points. They seemed to have a life of their own.

A soft synthesized voice is emitted from the region of its head, its is hard to distinguish if it was intended to be male or female "Praise be the Omnissiah. Magos Logis Arx at the expeditions service. I will gladly analyse the data Magos Romanus, it will prove an interesting distraction while I perform my manyfold tasks."  

Magos Romanus lets out a burst of code in thanks.

Last edited by Carnelian on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 9:04 am

I had limited knowledge of Magos Romanus & Arx, beyond their optimal integration with my efficiency network. I would see what they would discover in the ever-updated & ever-changing dataset. But this could be an opportunity; data density had been a constant issue with the dataset, with petabytes of data entering every second, and thousands of mostly negligible variables ignored for simplicity's sake.

I would certainly appreciate your input, Magos Arx. Your aid in streamlining data-collection and processing could increase overall model effectiveness.

In the meantime, I made a mental note to activate the hypno-spies near the plasma collectors on the Opus Equus; I needed to know the facts about the character about adept Romanus. His apparent concern of station above competence could become troublesome.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 2:44 pm

Zahleezah had been standing when the meeting had begun and she remained standing now. On mere coincidence alone, she noted that her face turned to regard - and keep locked onto - Magos Romanus at the exact same time as Lucretia.

She had expected at least one of them to have an issue with their placement. She awaited someone else to voice their discontent; the purely dogmatic types typically fell into such categories. One had to adapt. One had to overcome.

Those who cannot think outside of the box are doomed to die within it.

She briefly wondered how long he could perform in the field before begging for the aid of the Secutors.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 5:16 am

The remaining cogs stand one after the other and give brief introductions.

The first is one with few visible augmentations, his face mostly flesh. His brown hair short and maintained. He seems lost in his own thoughts and takes a moment before speaking. “Genetor Leoran VII, you will find me on the Photon if you require my expertise although there is of course trained biologist adepts across our small fleet.”

The next priest was encased entirely in armoured metal, it was hard to tell what was bionic and what was flesh. “Dominus Lillithus, Master of the Omnissah’s Vigil” her voice through her breather carried weight, she was used to being obeyed. Her voice firm in her assentation that she ruled on the fleets warship.

As the Dominus sat a slight tech priest stood, his seven glowing green eyes sweep across those around the table. His heavy rebreather sucks in air before he speaks “Alchemys Magos Saul. Master of chemicals. Both the Photon and the Vigil have facilities of interest so I will divide my time between the two while we travel.”

Finally the last of the twelve stands. She is beautiful by mechanicus and human standards. Her augmentation are baroque, her hair long luxuriant and white, her lips full. Even the bionic across one eye did not spoil her beauty, but only enhanced it. She smiles “Praise the Omnissah. I am Magos Foreal Dashan, master of repair and maintenance of the blessed machine. You will find me where I am most needed.”
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 2:59 pm

Thank you all for being here.

With the introductions ready, I released a single noospheric signal towards the table. A holographic representation of the galaxy sprung up above the table while the lights dimmed. The location of Samech wasindicated with a bright point of light: Rimward of the realm of ultramar, on the edge of uncharted stars of the Sagittarius arm. A bright line traced rimward indicated our elaborate route into the lost stars of the Halo zone.
The Ascendant Star, a vessel of the Fenrec Dynasty last seen in 837.M33, appeared on the eastern edge of the Jerichosector in 121.M36.
I conjured a second image above the map; a sword-class frigate appearing nearly new with little apparent damage.
The vessel was largely empty; lack of any organic remains suggesting destruction through a biophagic event. Its databanks where wiped. Two objects of significance remained. The first was a solid-state chart indicating previously unknown passages to unexplored regions of the eastern fringe. The second is of greater concern.
I replaced the holograms with the image of an apparently human form, though signs and apparent mechanics suggest an artificial origin.
This damaged android, human-form artificial entity, was discovered cut in half by a closing bulkhead.. Base analysis shows technology far beyond what the mechanicus has ever been able to generate, even before the schism. It may even be Silica Anima. While additional analysis is required to determine if it ever possessed a biological brain, natural or synthetic, the danger such heresy could represent is immeasurable.
I returned the galactic map, zooming onto our projected trajectory.
Our primary objective is to identify the source of this artificial. The technology associated with its creation should be recovered. However, should silica anima be discovered, it must be purged, lest its corrupt nature spread away from its source. It is for that reason I have placed major importance to the role of magos juris, occupied by Adept Anthetos.

Our secondary objectives are multitude, though more befitting the traditional role. Using extensive analysis on the last 6 millennia of anthropological data concerning our destination, I have identified a number of likely features through their cross-correlation from a number of independent sources.

The lights return to their normal illumination.

Now I open the floor to all. Addition of objectives to the overall matrix can allow us to optimize our progress. I also wish to hear concerns, notes and opinions on the priority objectives. All probabilities must be considered to achieve ideal success.
Back to top Go down
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 9:23 am

Listening carefully, I silently approved magos Romanus objections. What I do not approve is Romanus disregard of protocol. Then archmagos demonstrates his organizational charts. They are comprehensive, impressive and, I must grudgingly accept, too complex for me to fully comprehend.  But, I keep my thoughts for myself waiting for the others to make their introductions. As magos explorator interrupts the introductions,  I barely constrain from blurring an unapproving remark. I constrain my reaction to my optical inputs, the lenses that cover a good portion of my otherwise metallic face, and they visibly and clearly audible refocus on the explorator.

With the introductions over, I speak:

"Where is this android," I say to archmagos, deprecation obvious even in my mechanical voice, "currently being held? I hope maximum security is exercised and that total data isolation is carried out. We can only hope it has a biological component. Anything else requires swift and uncompromising application of terminating force."

My awe at this marvel of technology is dwarfed by my repulsion of the possible implication of abominable intelligence.

"Do we have any other information about this biophage that struck the crew of the Ascended Star? Surely some of us here could be similarly compromised by an aggressive biological agent?" I say, knowing full well that my adamantium clad brain, the last vestige of my flesh, is probably secure enough.

"What of our material needs? Are the cargo holds full or are we expected to supply ourselves on the way? If that is the case, I would recommend prioritizing raw material acquisition. If there are any requests of suggestions of what kind of blessed devices we need to manufacture, I would like to know so that we can start the work in earnest."

Finally, my synthesized voice is silenced. But before anyone else has the chance to speak, I speak once more, increasing my vocal output by 25%, and for the first time I add binary component to my speech, letting out intermingled burst of data and low gothic words, that is probably hard to comprehend to those not learnt in the lingua machina. The ones, zeroes and words flow from my "mouth" creating a loud screech:
"Let us not forget that while accumulation of knowledge is a paramount mission of our whole organization, some lines must not be crossed. Precedence of dogma and tradition is imperative even over efficiency."
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 4:54 pm

I observed the Magos. An individual hewn more closely to the mechanicus baseline; there must be nothing left save a heavily-augmented brain in his metal skull.

The android an the star-charts where isolated in a stasis vault. Even should the android possess some hitherto-unknown repair mechanisms, they cannot activate in stopped time.Dissection will occur after departure from Samech. Yourself, Adept Dashan, Adept Anthethos, Adept Zindalus and Adept Leoran are required to dissect such a complex mechanism. Adept Lilithus is invited should her duties allow it; her will in controlling mechanisms should prove invaluable should the subject awake. Astropath Deveres is also invited, to ensure the ruinous powers have not contributed to this subject's corruption.

Sapiens projected a noospheric cloud of data from the ship analysis report.

As for the biophage, no sign remained. No biological material was left on the vessel, which is a halmark of certain superweapons like the life-eater virus. No signs where found of nanomachines either. While I cannot discount any warp-born phenomena, no obvious signs of gross corruption where present. The report can be found at noospheric point 449.475.687.333 should further analysis reveal more.

I switched holo-view to statistical feeds of ship stores. It was obvious to see they where going up, with only the Single Photon already at 100% charge, though crew numbers showed a good number absent on shore leave.

Our stores are currently being charged to maximal capacity, allowing us several years in the void when combined with hydroponics. In addition, the Opus equus contains manufactorum and plasma refineries allowing us to resupply and perform the vast majority of repairs needed. Ressource collection is not an initial priority, though placing it as a secondary objective will allow us to maintain maximum reserves with minimal effort & time.

I mentally debated my final note. It would, of course, be a message directly at the tech-priests. I would stick to the standard mechanically projection. In microseconds, I established a harmonic multiplexing on the subsonic, sonic and hypersonic bands that would transmit the concept with perfect exactitude in the purest way. To those uninitiated, it would sound like a single perfect note from a crystal; to those of the faith, it would show its complexity, and would send surrounding machines alive!

++ Ritual honors the machine spirit; To break with ritual is to break with faith. ++

Linguistics:

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 8:26 pm

+++To break with ritual is to break with faith+++ Zahleezah repeated in machine-cant.

She then spoke when Magos Lazarus' questions had been answered. Her immaculate bionic eyes had at some point taken themselves away from Magos Romanus. Somewhere between his disapproval and now, she had decided that he would become her project. He would understand the true glory of Project Athena, and he would beg forgiveness.

Arrogance will be transformed into appreciative remorse.

"Does any intelligence gathered thus far give us reason to suspect that threatening heretekal tech or countermeasures will be encountered aboard the Ascendant Star?"

She was quick to follow up. "If we have obtained this information then we must go into this assuming that other agencies and agents of the Imperium may have the same idea - and their plans may directly counter ours. Namely, I am referring to the Inquisition and the Ecclesiarchy. I understand the need to enter into a productive partnership with such agencies, yet if they seek to undermine us I propose our rules of engagement be as follows: fire if fired upon and leave no survivors to report back. The mission must be protected."

She had no need to sugar coat it; while a civil war was not what they were after, they could not abide any hostility either. Nor would being the subject of further investigation do them any good.

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 12:06 pm

Zahleezah had made a serious misstep. To say such things in front of a navigator and a member of the scholastica psykana was a great risk, and I would need to speak with Zahleezah later. I looked her in the eye with a regard suggesting peace, stating:

I insist Alpha Zahleezah that such things should not be considered. We all labor for the greater good of humanity under the grace of the Omnissiah, regardless of the term we use to describe him.

I kept an eye on our Astropath to try to gage his reaction. Despite our long friendshuip, I had no doubt that should any warp-craft be found, he would inform the Scholastica psykana; and frankly, I would not be too bothered to have such things out of my hands. The warp was...messy, and too many Factors had, in the past, gone mad trying to quantify it and its connection to the human soul. Still, to present a willingness to violently oppose other servants of the Omnissiah was a risk.

In any case, we have no more to do concerning the Ascendent star. Every inch has already been analyzed for data, and it has since been returned to the Fenrec dynasty. It will most likely be scrapped due to its inauspicious history. In addition, as this problem seems to have a purely technological nature, it the duty of us, the Mechanicum, to investigate it and persecute those responsible. Should servants of the ruinous powers, xenos or worse present itself, the inquisition will be the first informed.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 3:03 pm

Laberan Deveres the fleets Astropath Ascendent his eyes or whatever remained hidden, wrapped in heavy cloth made him hard to read. He often bore a frown as he did now away from the quiet sanctuary of his tower. He remained silent throughout but he switched his gaze between those that spoke, taking it all in.

Many eye's were on Zahleezah as she gave her thoughts and perhaps Magos Romanus was going to speak his mind had the Arch-Magos not been so quick to assert his authority.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 3:59 pm

Magos Electro-priest Julius Anthetos lets out a shot burst of static that he wishes to speak "While I of course agree with our Arch-Magos, Secutor Zahleezah is wise to consider other interested parties. I think it more likely that we should consider the Rogue Trader house Ferenc, they are powerful and have many ships at their disposal."
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 5:30 pm

Deveres was a stone, as always. Hearing the comment from Julius gladened me, as I was no longer required to bring up the subject myself.

That is a salient point, Adept Anthetos. They have already professed thanks for returning the Ascendant Star. And they would no doubt be interested in knowing how the vessel met its end. I will expand my correspondence with them; they may yet be interested in joining the expedition, even if only for a time. I know of several other dynasties that have entered tech-pacts with the mechanicus, exchanging discovered archeotech and the location of archeo-ruins for new navigation data and lucrative resource localisation. Their traditional pursuit of profit rather than knowledge can allow a symbiotic relationship.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 6:40 pm

Had Zahleezah organic eyes, she may have rolled them. She watched as Augustus attempted to read the navigator. If there was anyone around this table who did not place the success of their mission as first priority - even before their own organizations - then Augustus had made an incredible mistake in recruiting them. She took him for a better judge of character than that.

She hoped he had a good reason for sidestepping her question. She made a mental note to speak with Magos Lazarus; regardless of whether or not heretekal machines patrolled the ship, a question that was ignored entirely, she would need to do some ammunition crafting.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 10:58 pm

"Do we have any records of house Ferenc as having access to such weapons as the life eater virus? There are precedents for rogue traders to have such weapons at their disposal, though they are not often given."

"And, as it seems that we are to traverse the halo stars, have we procured a competent set of navigators for our fleet? The warp currents and eddies here are varied and violent. There are many....ancient legends of the causes for this that predate the imperial records."
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 4:02 am

For the Fenrec dynasty, it is possible if improbable they would hold such super-weapons. Though the Ascendant star disappeared so long ago, they themselves lack data.

I turned and signaled towards our chief navigator. As always, she looked disturbingly like a child, despite me knowing she had several centuries under her belt.

Mistress Tzemopoulos is our lead Navigator. The Tzemopoulos have a long history of serving alongside Rogue traders on the galactic edge. She is here to answer any such questions.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 5:28 am

Mistress Tzemopoulos looks up from a puzzle box she had been working on without finding a solution "The way will be fraught with peril, which is to be expected. Let none of you be under any illusion otherwise." she is about to return to her puzzle box when she sighs and places it on the table "We're fortunate we have a star map. I would advise short jumps through the warp to allow us to stay on track as much as possible, this will mean there are chances to explore the void on the way if there are any diversions you wish to take. Depending on what you decide will guide me when I plot our course." her voice like her body is childlike.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 8:30 am

This methodology corresponds to what I discovered on my homeworld Skaros Primus ++Blessed be the Relic-world++ concerning the explorators that settled it during the age of strife; the pre-imperial forge furthest from Mars. So-called System-system translation minimized danger and  maximized discovery potential.

I chided myself in my mind. I didnt intend the small techna-lingua blurt but that damned Skaros-made voice modulator had always seemed to do so no matter the recalibrations performed. On the world itself machines sung, an unending choir that I had grown bored of by the age of 1. The choir was absent here; but still these faults showed up.

The high speed & quality of detection of the single photon will also be ideal for quick scouting of systems without need to bring in larger vessels.

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 4:25 am

The chamber appeared to be satisfied. I moved to end the meeting so we would have time to prepare for departure.

With all principal subjects addressed, I am closing the meeting. As of, MARK ++MARK++ ..MARK.. we have 144 hours until departure.

I could hear in the distance the PA system of the ship activating as the timer started
Protocol theta is activated. All systems and sub-systems are to be inspected. All shore leave is cancelled. All cargo and supplies must be verified for safe stowage. All crew must report to their posts.
My voice would be reverberating across the entire fleet. The expedition was now started in earnest. In the midst of it all, I sent a small noospheric code-blurt to Magos Lazarus and Magos Alpeh-Geen 67 inviting them to meet with me when they had the time.
Back to top Go down
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 6:09 am

I respond to archmagos message in the same fashion, indicating in my answer that I am at his disposal at anytime. I have no doubt that he wants to talk details about our expedition manufacturing obligations.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 11:34 am

Zahleezah made the sign of the Cog and approached Magos Lazarus as the others were dispersing. She stood with the rigid, straight back of a soldier.

"Magos Lazarus. I have need of your workshop for our upcoming missions; while I wouldn't presume to ask for your assistance, I do believe that you are a much better suited to the task. Should you have time, I would appreciate working with you to specialty ammunition for my Galvanic Rifle."

Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 11:48 am

Lucretia moved to Augustus' side as the various Magi began to disperse. Waiting until they were well out of even bio-mechanical earshot, she whispered: "So, it went well, then?"

While she was quite adept at reading the body-language of mostly human individuals, she couldn't figure out the heavily augmented magi. Nor was she sure she ever would be able to; they were so zealous in removing the few remaining vestiges of humanity from their forms that she was unsure where to even begin in understanding them, save for the increased pitch from frantically whirring cogs in times of great stress.

"If you have nothing more for me, Magos, I ask to permission to return to my quarters. I wish to seek guidance from the Machine-father and pray he bless our voyage."

Though far from home, Lucretia could not abandon all of her clan's traditions. They had always done their best to honor the All-father and pray for his blessing during their travels; the journey ahead seemed likely to be just as fraught with danger as her clan's treks across the barren moors and fetid swamps of Sacris.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 12:04 pm

Do not hesitate Prima Lucretia. As long as your duties are complete, your time is your own. Temporal micromanagement is only truly effective with servitors and automatons.
I observed her general appearance, unmarred by technology. While I was not a technophile, certain things where needed.
Though we may need to discuss certain elements. While it is minor, a Mind Impulse Unit will quickly become needed to properly integrate with most devices. However, that is a question for another time.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 11:59 pm

Zindalus approaches Augustus and awaits a chance to speak to him.

"I am available for whatever discussion you may have. I also have questions so that I may coordinate with Tzemopoulos on planned warp routes and the like."
Back to top Go down
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 1:49 am

I mirror Zahleezahs sign of Cog and respond to her:

"Secutor," I say, then make a deliberate pause, as if I am testing the newfound title of the skitarii, "I am most certainly better suited for that task. You suprise me with your enthusiasm for the sacred manufacture. It is not common for one of your profession. As long as it doesn't impair your primary duties, I would be willing to help you when I find the time. I think sooner will be better then later, but I first have some matters to discuss with archmagos."
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 1:46 pm

++Archamgos Faraday-Gauss office, 134 hours until departure. Adept Lazarus, Adept Faraday-Gauss++

Adept Lazarus was a very traditional Tech-priest. What I knew of him painted the picture of a painfully pious man, something of a zealot. But I had been dealing with individuals like him since my earliest days. A few simple rules where to be respected in one-on-one interaction:
-Speak exclusively in techna-lingua
-Speak parsimoniously, avoiding flowery language
-Speak clearly and without ambiguity
-Use the lexicon of the faith when appropriate, without over-using it; I wasn’t dealing with a member of the ministorum after all
++Welcome++
++Proposal: Participation in status Omega project++
++Codename: Athena++
++Role: Prime technologue++
++Reason for choice:
-Class Gamma+ technological competence
-Class Gamma+ artisan knowledge
-Extensive experience with all levels of imperial martial production++
++Personal objectives:
-Establish optimal technological loadout in project conditions
-Parameters beyond standard imperium military tactics
-Develop large-scale, high-quality production processes
-Establish sanctity for non-standard usage of tech, comparable to extension of high-danger exosuits into terminator plate. ++
++Questions?++

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 2:45 pm

++Archamgos Faraday-Gauss office, 134 hours until departure. Adept Lazarus, Adept Zindalus++

Adept Zindalus was a peculiarity. Much like the ancient Arkahn land, he seemed to have little in the way of obvious augmentation. Surprisingly little about his life could be found beyond more recent decades by my agents. Beyond him clearly having been raised on a void-ship due to his clear comfort in zero-g, and the high-ranked results of his magos examination, he was a mistery.
I would stick to my standard procedure for adepts, with an open-ended approach to attempt to extract more information.

++Welcome, adept Zindalus++
++Reason for selection:
-High-Rank polymath
-Extensive competence as navigator
-Optimal status as explorator. ++
++Query: Personal objectives on expedition?++
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 1:53 am

He bows slightly, giving the Archmagos his due reverence.

++Born into the service of the mechanicum indentured servants en mission during routine patrols of mechanicus' holdings on the Gothic sector, 112 years ago. My aptitude testing scores proved above adequate for full adept status. The next 10 years were spent on Ryza under various magos and in various capacities. The servants of the all encompassing ommnisiah determined that my specialty was in data acquisition and knowledge categorization. I have spent my remaining years serving in that capacity from explorator fleet to explorator fleet. I ended up on Samech to be transferred to your service. This is my first assignment as senior staff.++

He stood there, hoping that his history proved worthy for his position on the senior staff.....
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 4:05 am

++Archamgos Faraday-Gauss office, 134 hours until departure. Adept Lazarus, Adept Zindalus++

++I appreciate the additional historical data. Query remains: what are your objectives for the expedition?++
Back to top Go down
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 6:39 am

10 standard martian hours has passed and I hurry along to get to archmagos office, leaning heavily on my staff of office. I feel the weight of years pressing down on me, but it is not a physical sensation, rather mental. My bionic legs work tirelessly, my adamantium heart is pumping a mixture of oil and nutrients through my artificial veins without pause.

And yet I lean heavily on the Omnissian axe.  
It is the weakness of flesh that is a problem, not that of steel.

By my side floats a servo skull, its laud hailer canting ceaselessly the Universal Laws of Mechanicus in binary code. I find solace in its droning, and occasionally send spikes of encouragement  imperatives to it by the noosphere, making the skull work even more vigorously.

Exactly 10 standard martian hours and 43 nanoseconds has passed as I enter archmagos office. An acceptable deviation. I make a cog sign on my chest and listen to the Faraday-Gauss.

++Praise the Machine.++ I say, and the servo skulls optical sensory input glows a few lux more brightly,
++Inquiry:
-What is general objective of Athena project?
-What is your personal objective?++

++Concern:
-A non-sanctioned use of technology? Make further explanation.
-Why is project not based on Forge world and is instead starting as we make our perilous journey?++

Our exchange last but a second, for the techna lingua is superior form of communication.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 9:17 am

The questions where expected; to ask for non-sanctioned usage would predictably be an issue. But I had my arguments prepared for such eventualities. This would be a long data-blurt; a whole 3.927443 seconds.

++Project: Athena.
Objective: Establish optimal martial bio/techno configuration for the human female template. Conceptually symmetrical to Astartes, who are the optimal martial bio/techno configuration for the human male template.
Sub-objectives:
-Establish optimal bio-configuration for the female template; current analysis indicated high agility/perception, seconded by regenerative ability
-Establish optimal tactical methodology for the female template; current analysis indicates light infantry as core tactical concept.
-Establish optimal techno-configuration for tactical methodology & bio-configuration.
-Sub-clause: high reproducibility, must be applicable for a wide range of humans (>0.1%).++
++
Purpose/Personal Objective:
-Ensure 50+/-2% of humanity holding the female template (typically excluded, estimated 10% of astra militarum) can be included in high-grade military personnel
-Provide new wide-spread tool to ensure safety of the human species++
++Concern A:
-Example: The so-called "Tactical dreadnought" power armor was, according to historical data from the dark age, used to protect voidsmen while cleaning plasma vents. Through the grace of the omnissiah, its role was elevated to a higher purpose of greater sanctity, that of protecting elite Astartes.
-Your role would be to establish sanctified uses of pre-existing technology. I have no doubt technologies available to the Mechanicus may have further, more sanctified uses that could be used with our tactical methodology.++
++Concern B:
-Project initially commenced on forge-world Skaros Primus by myself, 72 years ago. The current project phase requires extensive analysis and testing, which requires high-risk situations for proper evolution.

++ Current project plan:
-Arc 1: Initial analysis identified full magnitude, indicated the need of extensive research into humanity.
-Determined optimal human female abilities
-Multiple Genetors from Skaros Primus, Mezoa and Voss Prime indicated interest, but lacked resources to perform such project without prototypes.
-Arc 2: Development.
-Extensive analysis of Abhumans and other unusual purestrain humans to establish stable biological standards for augmentation (still in process)
-Devellop implant-organs, begin devellopment of prototype models (2 prototype individuals started in course).
-Includes most sub-objectives previously mentioned
-Arc 3: Deployement
-Establish baseline "chapters" on imperial worlds
-Establish relationships with mechanicus and militarum to ensure deployement
-Promote project amongst the adepta for widespread usage++
Back to top Go down
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 10:32 am

As archmagos uploads his data, a flash off anger run through me, and for a second, grip that my metallic fingers have on the shaft of the axe tightens. His ambition and audacity stuns me.
I am angry at this trap that I am caught into, a trap with no clear escape. If I refuse cooperation my opportunities in this expedition will fall exponentially invalidating my value to the Voss Prime. If I accept the offer I will be in danger of technoheresy and/or a high possibility of failure that will result in ridicule at best. Still, I must confess to myself, that the project if successful could bring a formidable amount of prestige.

There is a noticeable pause before I answer. My mind races to evaluate all the data I am provided with, and it shows. Finally I make my decision and speak:

++Proposal: Participation in status Omega project++
++Codename: Athena++
++Role: Prime technologue++
++ACEPPTED++
++Inquiry: Other adepts involved in Project?++

For better or worse, I'm committed now.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 12:04 pm

I saw the conflict within Magos Lazarus. The sudden tension; the use of the axe to support himself. It was always such with these ancients; so inhabituated to emotion that every one was projected for any normal human to see.

++Response: All shall be required, in time. Currently, my apprenta Adept Leoran, as well as Adepts Dashan and Anthetos have already been involved.++

++Aside: I am aware of the magnitude and risk involved in the project. I do not believe we will ever equal the skill of the Omnissiah, but thequest for knowledge can only be pursued by striving to be like HE. I estimate (37.2% probability) that by achieving optimal concordance between adepts of the twelve divisio, we can come as close to the Omnissiah as possible for us mere mortals. I can only trust one of your depth of comprehension to ensure the sanctity of our mechanisms.++

The ego-call was probably unnecessary, though it was legitimate; I knew I did not have the knowledge to ensure we did not accidentally fall into tech-heresy; and others might be...a risk. Still, I was glad he saw the logic in my proposition and that I had not been forced to use less underhanded methods. Still, I had an ace in the hole for such a situation which would make a good gift thanks to this swift resolution. A gift post-agreement was always better than a crude bribe. This message was sent not vocally, but through a direct eye-to-eye lumen-laser link; a signal that could only be detected should someone be foolish enough to place themselves between us.

++post scriptum: I have a number of favors owed on Ryza. These individuals will be put into contact with your masters on Voss Prime before our departure.++

Nothing more needed to be said. Short & vague, this message would say far more than any complex expression. I had heard of the obsession of the priests of Voss Prime. While I had no doubt such an obsession could not so easily be stopped, this would increase the probability that project Athena would become his priority.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 4:39 pm

++I seek only the knowledge required to spread the ommnisiah's dominance across the stars. This includes astro-cartography for future expeditions, and also reclamation of lost technology. I will admit my combat experience is limited. I am appeased that we have 2 members in the role of secutor to see to our needs, it is uncommon to have such a layout, but it is not unprecedented.++
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 5:23 pm

His lack of experience explained much. There was a brittleness to his expression; an apparent anxiety in his speech. I would keep note of that. Frayed nerves were a long-term risk, and it would need to be mitigated.

++No specific objectives yet? Such is the way of youth. I will not hesitate to help you develop your ambition once you have found your path to tread. ++

++ In the meantime, I would propose another path I have been walking for some time. A grand design, and an attempt to bring us all closer to the way of the omnissiah. The Athena project. It is not meaningless that our two secutors are mostly unardorned in steel flesh. They are to be the prototypes, the base for a new kind of human warrior. And from you, I need perspective. Your breadth of knowledge, your youth, will allow the identification of weaknesses, flaws, that the more specialised would not. What say you?++
Back to top Go down
MmmTasteIt

MmmTasteIt

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 1:04 pm

Lucretia breathed a sigh of relief as the pneumatic door to her quarters slid closed behind her. She had never been one for meetings; she wasn't the best at such formalities and it always weighed heavily upon her to keep her opinions to herself. But here, with the constant hum of the machinery as her only companion, she felt peace. The Machine-father was with her.

She approached the altar on the far side of her quarters. The efficiency of the cramped quarters magnified the altar's prominence within the space; she had requested that the loading servitors bring it aboard and they had done well to do so without harming it in any way. The focal point of the altar was the vicious visage of a pseudo-mechanical gargoyle, a representation of the legendary guardians of the Storm Warden's fortress-monastery that orbited Sacris upon its singular moon, Highcastle. She gingerly placed her shotgun into the gargoyle's outstretched talons and, gently unstopping the vial of sacred unguents resting in the basin at the altar's foot, she began her maintenance ritual.

"There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal."

She ran her hands across the gilded metal of the gun, searching for imperfections yet knowing she would find none. She had honored the weapon's machine spirit for years before now; it would continue to maintain its perfection-in-steel.

"There is no strength in flesh, only weakness."

She felt a slight sting as her fingers traced the barrel. The rounds she had fired at the range must have possessed imperfections - typical of the Arbites - leaving abrasions near the mouth of the weapon. She watched a single drop of blood slide down her finger and drop into the basin. The imperfection would need to be erased before she could use her weapon further.

"There is no constancy in flesh, only decay."

She began to apply the unguents to the mechanisms of the gun, working her way from the trigger, to the choke, to the pump-action mechanisms with slow, time-honed precision.

"There is no certainty in flesh but death."

Her efficiency had left a few drops of unguent in the bottom of the vial. She poured them into the basin, watching the oil and her blood swirl together. She bowed her head to continue her prayers, lost in contemplation of the Machine-fathers infinite, inscrutable machinations. Most of all, however, she prayed that she would fulfill her role in those machinations. There quest into the unknown would most certainly be fraught with perils she could not even begin to imagine.

"As your soul is guarded from impurity.
The Machine God watches over you."

"And ignorance", she recited quietly, "is a Wisdom of its Own."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1   The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Halo Stars - IC - Chapter 1
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next