A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC

Go down 
+5
mruozu
Iron and Metal
Hydrako
Sylphilis
Wendigo Bob
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
callume26

Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 10:38 am

Willpower Test - 86

I'll burn my 'free' Fate Point from Last Survivor and reroll that.

Willpower Test - 74

Welp, at least it's not as mahoosive as the other roll.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 11:35 am

IOvanus gets 1d10+dof in insanity.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/23/52/ae/2352ae64f7503eb533a7e5969bf27e14.jpg
5 total.

So here is some confirmation that these non-legion astartes you've been hanging around with are not batshit insane. These CSM should startle you and shake your beliefs to the foundations. You obviously recognize the markings of the alpha legion (3 of them) but the other 4, the blatantly corrupted, are not familiar to you.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 2:46 pm

OOC:

Tech-use test to gain information about something not visible to the naked eye. I can make additional rolls if what I described in IC requires it.

Target: 67+10 (vs machines)+10(training)+10 (talented)=97

https://orokos.com/roll/931563 27 vs 97; 9 DoS

++++

IC: Despite the sudden arrival of the chaos astartes, Sapien's could not turn his attention to them. The phaeron had escaped. Best case scenario, they had left for another planet to regroup. Worst case scenario, they had gone to an auxiliary command facility to finish raising their local forces. It did mean command authority was still localised, which would at least make it easier to find.

Shutting down the bands of interference caused by the sudden teleport, sapiens reached out through his augur array trying to determine 2 things:
1-Where M'Ra had teleported to
2-Whether the local facility was still under control by the phaeron (IE, that it was still coordinated, that something was still in control)
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 1:28 am

"There can be no deal with the arch-traitors followers. Perhaps a temporary cessation of hostilities until the end of a mission, but it appears our mission is over. I will send you to hell!"

Cassiel queues up a krak missile in preparation to fight with the Chaos marines. They were an ancient foe and certainly versed in a thousand centuries of Astartes combat doctrine, but the divisions among the false gods would work to Draco's advantage. Even with new members the Kill Team was earning the name, putting aside differences in chapter doctrine to fight together. "Squad Leader, please confirm my order to engage targets to our six."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 2:26 am

**EDITED**

IC
It took a moment for Hydrako to recover his bearings after the impact of his attack on the Phaeron. He hadn't heard any of the chittering from its Acolyte, and as the ringing in his ears subsided he began to hear as well as feel the rumble of the crumbling structure. Draco, sound off, he hissed over the vox. But it only hissed back with static. He looked at Lucius and Seraphan as he got back to his feet, This whole Necropolis feels as though it's collapsing. We should gather the others and find an exit. He fired his engines and took off into the air, towards where he'd left the rest of Draco.

As he cleared the edge of the raised pyramid, he saw first the hulking mass of the terminator champion and then the wretched hides of the traitors he had parlayed with earlier. He could not hear what was spewing from the mouth of the Strikemaster, but assumed they were curses or protestations of some kind. To see him so angered pleased Hydrako. They had hit a nerve. He steered his descent so as to land next to the Dark Angel, and somewhat impose himself between them by half a step. What are you mewling about, Traitor? "My mission is my own, as is yours. The debt is paid now..." Those are your words Traitor. We have not interfered in anything as you refused to enlighten me as to your mission. We are pursuing our own mission and leaving you in peace. He looked at Cassiel and asked, Is this how you would interpret his deal? He ignored the rumbling as though it weren't happening. This would give the squad time to form up for withdrawal or combat, since his orders could not be sent over the vox.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Hydrako on Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 4:20 am

Wendigo Bob wrote:
OOC:

Tech-use test to gain information about something not visible to the naked eye. I can make additional rolls if what I described in IC requires it.

Target: 67+10 (vs machines)+10(training)+10 (talented)=97

https://orokos.com/roll/931563 27 vs 97; 9 DoS

++++

IC: Despite the sudden arrival of the chaos astartes, Sapien's could not turn his attention to them. The phaeron had escaped. Best case scenario, they had left for another planet to regroup. Worst case scenario, they had gone to an auxiliary command facility to finish raising their local forces. It did mean command authority was still localised, which would at least make it easier to find.

Shutting down the bands of interference caused by the sudden teleport, sapiens reached out through his augur array trying to determine 2 things:
1-Where M'Ra had teleported to
2-Whether the local facility was still under control by the phaeron (IE, that it was still coordinated, that something was still in control)

First, vox is 100% down. The source in unclear and its unclear if its intentional.
You find no trace of M'ra.
The xenos sub-net is still not understood by you. But you can clearly see signs of increased activity-frenzied. Its unclear if this is an automated response or being coordinated.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 4:23 am

Hydrako wrote:
Will give the order to attack the traitors. Since we can't see where they are for a proper charge, I'll have Hydrako take off to survey the scene and attack next round.

IC
It took a moment for Hydrako to recover his bearings after the impact of his attack on the Phaeron. He hadn't heard any of the chittering from its Acolyte, and as the ringing in his ears subsided he heard the calls of his squad from below asking for orders. He mused on how the traitors could have found them so quickly given they had all been teleported to various parts of the acropolis. He shook the thought away as Cassiel called for orders.
Focus fire on the terminator champion, Cassiel. Sons of the Khan, target any heavy weapons you see. Uriss, Grimnir, Iovanus, attack the Strike Leader. He looked at Lucius and Seraphan to confirm they were still with him. He nodded once to them and took off again. Devour theeemmmmmmmm, he hissed across the vox.

Vox is down. Hydrako is some 125 ish meters away.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 10:34 pm

OOC: Trying to find an exit using my auspex. Looking for air currents and other indicators of an exit.

https://orokos.com/roll/931788 68 vs 97; 5 DoS

IC:

Sapiens opened up his external speakers:

"Recommend avoiding combat. Structure we are in is self-destructing and we have no identified egress-though I am seeking one. I would also reccomend recovering any whole, detached tech in our path for later study."

While he spoke, his auspex was sweeping outwards, trying to find an evacuation route.
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 1:00 am

"It seems to me, brother Sapiens, that our exit lies through the traitors before us." Bleda eyes the Chaos Sorcerer, itching to put a pushed Smite into his face.
Back to top Go down
callume26

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 5:35 pm

IC: Iovanus was, to his detriment, all too quick to recognise the insignia of the Alpha Legion, even if their colours were off. Their sinister look, as well as the fact that the rest of Draco were even more on edge now, all but confirmed in his mind that Hydrako had, in fact, been telling the truth. Not that it made it any less of a shock to him, but a great deal of that shock instead quickly turned into anger.

"They had a sinister reputation even during the Crusade. But if what you all proclaim is true, then we should not let these traitors draw breath for a second more." Iovanus snarled like his legion's namesake, seemingly more eager for blood than any of them.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 9:14 am

OOC
Fire selector now = stalker bolt mag, kraken bolt mag and witchbolt mag

IC
"Iovanus speaks true" Grimnir snarled into squad comms making his position clear. While conversation was had Grimnir checked over his stalker bolter; he removed the normal bolter mag and replaced it with a witchbolt mag into the weapons fire selector. He then started slowly walking down the steps looking for a decent area of cover that would give him sight of the enemies position.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 1:07 pm

IC:

Sapiens approached Grimnir and whispered in his ear.

"Brother, it seems the Eldar have concealed themselves nearby. They may have an alternate escape route that avoids these lengthy complications. Destroying the traitors is pointless if the ceiling fall on us before we escape. Being the most discreet, you are the best suited to track them down."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 6:58 am

Here's my IC from earlier, which I think got missed.

It took a moment for Hydrako to recover his bearings after the impact of his attack on the Phaeron. He hadn't heard any of the chittering from its Acolyte, and as the ringing in his ears subsided he began to hear as well as feel the rumble of the crumbling structure. Draco, sound off, he hissed over the vox. But it only hissed back with static. He looked at Lucius and Seraphan as he got back to his feet, This whole Necropolis feels as though it's collapsing. We should gather the others and find an exit. He fired his engines and took off into the air, towards where he'd left the rest of Draco.

As he cleared the edge of the raised pyramid, he saw first the hulking mass of the terminator champion and then the wretched hides of the traitors he had parlayed with earlier. He could not hear what was spewing from the mouth of the Strikemaster, but assumed they were curses or protestations of some kind. To see him so angered pleased Hydrako. They had hit a nerve. He steered his descent so as to land next to the Dark Angel, and somewhat impose himself between them by half a step.What are you mewling about, Traitor? "My mission is my own, as is yours. The debt is paid now..." Those are your words Traitor. We have not interfered in anything as you refused to enlighten me as to your mission. We are pursuing our own mission and leaving you in peace. He looked at Cassiel and asked, Is this how you would interpret his deal? He ignored the rumbling as though it weren't happening. This would give the squad time to form up for withdrawal or combat, since his orders could not be sent over the vox.

Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 6:08 am

Bleda could scarcely believe his ears that Draco had in fact entered into negotiations with traitor Astartes in the past and did so now. The Eldar were bad but this...

Bleda would have to seek more information on this matter because "fraternizing" or negotiating with the arch-enemy was not something many would look kindly upon.

He glared a final time at the traitors and collected himself, still on edge and ready for the battle to begin at any moment.

"What are your orders, squad leader?"
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2022 6:30 am

Hydrako wrote:
Here's my IC from earlier, which I think got missed.

As he cleared the edge of the raised pyramid, he saw first the hulking mass of the terminator champion and then the wretched hides of the traitors he had parlayed with earlier. He could not hear what was spewing from the mouth of the Strikemaster, but assumed they were curses or protestations of some kind. To see him so angered pleased Hydrako. They had hit a nerve. He steered his descent so as to land next to the Dark Angel, and somewhat impose himself between them by half a step.What are you mewling about, Traitor? "My mission is my own, as is yours. The debt is paid now..." Those are your words Traitor. We have not interfered in anything as you refused to enlighten me as to your mission. We are pursuing our own mission and leaving you in peace. He looked at Cassiel and asked, Is this how you would interpret his deal? He ignored the rumbling as though it weren't happening. This would give the squad time to form up for withdrawal or combat, since his orders could not be sent over the vox.

I did miss this. So the second Hydrako hits the air you go back into structured time. It will be a new round at the top of the round. Any sort of provocation would start things off again.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2022 8:25 am

Charging the strikemaster. No vox, so no orders. Pick your targets chaps.

WS 51 + 20 MC/sig wargear + 20 charge =<91
11 (right arm) = 10 DoS
https://orokos.com/roll/934197

Damage, tearing, flesh render
29 (RF), 24, 28
https://orokos.com/roll/934199
Taking 29 pen 3

RF (right arm): 2 = "The force of the blast (strike) snaps the bones in the arm in half. The target drops anything held in the hand and must pass a Challenging (+0) Toughness test or becomes stunned for 1 round." pg260
https://orokos.com/roll/934200

IC
The sweep of lightening claws and the bellow from the Strikemaster sent Hydrako into a frenzy. He was done running from these dogs and would bleed them. His turbines had barely shut off before he gunned them again and charged the Alpha Legionnaire. His chainaxe roared over the shaking of the catacombs as he closed the distance. The teeth churned hungrily, ready to taste the vitae of traitors. With the vox down, there would be no orders. He would trust his squad to pick their targets well. Draco, devour theeeeeeeemmmmmmm. He cast his final order out into the rumbling cavern as his axe crunched into the arm of his foe.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2022 8:52 am

You are currently 120m away. They were 60m behind where you started.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 12:07 am

Full run to get as close as possible.

IC
Hydrako watched the sweep of the lightening claws from the Strikemaster and knew they were under attack once more. Luckily he had sundered the Phaeron so easily. Otherwise Draco would have been caught between the hammer and the anvil.

His turbines blazed and carried him towards the Alpha Legionnaire. His goal would be to sever the head...
Back to top Go down
callume26

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 3:25 pm

OOC: Full-Auto Burst on nearest Legionnaire, followed by moving down towards the nearest piece of cover. 47 BS - 10 (FAB) + 10 (Bolter Mastery) + 10 (Custom Boltgun) = 57

FAB roll = Barely succeeds

Damage Roll + 2 (Custom Boltgun) + 2 (Bolter Mastery) = 13 Damage, Pen 5

IC: Iovanus produced no noise as his face contorted to a snarl under his helmet, disgusted at the sight of these newly-found traitors. His rage was made manifest when he let his bolter scream into the air, sending a volley of shots towards the closest Legionnaire, before making his way forward to cover. A sudden realisation dawned on him as his bolter howled at his foe: he had ten millennia of warfare to catch up on...and he couldn't wait.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 2:42 am

https://orokos.com/roll/934956
the noise marine rolle d a 2 for dodge.
7 dos, he cancels out 1 hit for success, then one for every 2 dos against semi auto.
Iovanus had 52, his base is 47, +0 for semi-auto and +10 for the master crafted bolter.
1 dos.
The noise marine (1) is unharmed.

Hydrako is now on the map at coordinates 25,14

Noise marine 2 will full action suppressive fire.
Base bs -20
https://orokos.com/roll/934957
no hits, however, Bleda, Cassiel, Iovanus, Sapiens and now Hydrako all need to make a -20 WP of be pinned. Dont forget nerves of steel lets you re-roll this should you fail.

EDIT: looking at the IC, it appears as if Hydrako is airborne and not in the fire arc.

And then its Sapiens' turn, Followed By Grimnir/Tomasu.
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 6:28 am

Roll against suppressive fire

WP 57-20=37

27 vs WP 37, success!

https://orokos.com/roll/934971

Back to top Go down
callume26

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 7:08 pm

WP 41 - 20 = 21

First Test 27 = Fail

Second Test 98 = Crit Fail.

Dice Gods hate me today, it seems.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 2:39 am

callume26 wrote:
WP 41 - 20 = 21

First Test 27 = Fail

Second Test 98 = Crit Fail.

Dice Gods hate me today, it seems.

It may be a hassle for a minute, but it's not one that will cause damage.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 1:10 am

Ok, WP test to avoid pinning:

https://orokos.com/roll/935119 22 vs 27

No need to re-roll!

Ok, as for my actions, jump behind cover at (x,y=12,25) .

IC:

Sapiens thought this was becoming tedious. Most chaos astartes where. Interesting to know that these astartes had wilingly collaborated with chaos-I would need to keep my eye on them. Still, there was some vicarious pleasure in facing these fools: their fondness for going without a helmet made their power armour's defenses meaningless. And their armour deserved the rest of the grave-its machine-spirits trapped in endless suffering.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 6:43 am

Ill go ahead and go for Tomasu while we are waiting for Grimnir, If Tomasu sprints 2 times in a row, he takes fatigue. Just a regular run.
That takes him to 32 on the map, just behind Bleda.

noise marine 2 moves into cover and fires full auto at Cassiel, who is the closest.
https://orokos.com/roll/935192
miss.

legionnaire 1 will fire at the rocketeer-I mean Hydrako.
Its a reaper chainnannon, -20 for Hydrako's full run. +10 for 1/2 aim, -10 for full auto, +10 for range
https://orokos.com/roll/935194
He barely missed.

That Brings it to Serephan, he will also rocket forwards. at 24,5

legionnaire 2 will aim/fire at serephanwith single shot plasma gun, Maximal setting
https://orokos.com/roll/935203
fail. almost jams

Now its Bleda
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptySat Mar 05, 2022 8:03 am

Action: Full Run

OC: Seems like Bleda is to far away for that Smite I was dreaming about. So quick draw the bolter and then run forward-right (from Bleda's PoV) to place himself behind cover at the meeting point of 24-25 on the long side and 4-5 short side.

I hope that makes sense for how Bleda moves closer to the traitors.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 11:13 am

OOC
Move to 34y24x on the map and hide. Should be behind the top right wall as I look at the map on LINE
Hide (Stealth) roll https://orokos.com/roll/935368 = 17 vs 114 (with camo cloak) = 11 dos

IC
Without the protection of his power armour and up against the traitor legions Grimnir was very aware he'd have to play to his strengths as his scout armour would be almost like paper to a bolt shell. Cover and a decent shooting position was paramount and he'd already picked out a spot. He would hide and shoot the traitors in the head and be ready to reposition, he'd let the engagement start before acting so he might have an easier time picking his targets. Running low he gathers his camo cloak about himself as he rushes to a ruined structure.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 2:23 am

Gurkhal wrote:
Action: Full Run

OC: Seems like Bleda is to far away for that Smite I was dreaming about. So quick draw the bolter and then run forward-right (from Bleda's PoV) to place himself behind cover at the meeting point of 24-25 on the long side and 4-5 short side.

I hope that makes sense for how Bleda moves closer to the traitors.

According to the map, you started at 99m away. Your max smite range if you pushed is 60meters. A run will get you to 20,5 which will get you to cover and in smite range.

Marked, cam I get an IC?

PLague marine 2 moves to the right and over the wall. He will then single shot at Hydrako. +10 range, +10 standard attack, -20 full run.
https://orokos.com/roll/935558
no hit.

On Lucius.
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 5:41 am

IC: Finally allowed to take on the traitors, Bleda runs forward with bolter at the ready in order to bring the Emperor's wrath to the heretics.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 8:27 am

Strikemaster will take a defensive stance.

Plague marine will move forward and fire a single shot at Cassiel
https://orokos.com/roll/935858
15 to hit. 21 damage p5 Fury
if you take any damage, I need a toughness test, on failure you take
https://orokos.com/roll/935859
5 more damage

Then its ok Cassiel himself. Revenge?
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 4:27 pm

Dodge (Fail)
Dodge 3/14/22: 1d100 93

WP 1 [Avoid Pinning] (Fail)
WP 1 [Avoid Pinning]: 1d100 48

WP 2 [Avoid Pinning] (Fail)
WP 2 [Avoid Pinning]: 1d100 56

Toughness [Avoid 5 Damage] (Success)
Toughness: 1d100 14

Cassiel wasn't afraid as bolter fire erupted around him, or the shell pierced his armor and caused damage to his internal systems. He had been shot at before; he had been wounded before. He was a weapon of the Emperor, and drawing fire allowed the other members of Draco to close distance - he had seen what Hydrako and Lucius could do when they got close - they had just shown it again with the Xenos at the top of the pyramid. Although Cassiel wanted to fire at the terminator traitor, Codex doctrine directed him to preserve himself first; there would be another opportunity. Cassiel scrambled for cover and looked for a place from which to bring his artillery to bear.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 8:43 pm

Cassiel takes 7 damage from the attack but avoids the toxic damage. And he uses his action to move to the left into cover.

Now its Cyrax. He will fire a doombolt at Hydrako, who is the biggest obvious threat at this time.
https://orokos.com/roll/936335
I do believe thats a fail. That brings us to the top of the next round and its Hydrako, and Iovanus first.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 9:39 pm

Charge the Strikemaster

WS 51 + 20 MC/sig wargear + 20 charge =<91
63 (body) = 4 DOS
https://orokos.com/roll/936428

Damage, tearing, Flesh render
27, 22, 25 - taking 27 pen 3
https://orokos.com/roll/936429

IC
The sweep of lightening claws and the taunts from the Strikemaster sent Hydrako into a frenzy. He would eviscerate this dog and take his head as a trophy. His chainaxe roared over the shaking of the catacombs as he closed the distance. The teeth churned hungrily, ready to taste the vitae of traitors. With the vox down, there would be no orders, but he could see Draco picking their targets and going to work. His impact added force to the blow as the axe bit and chewed into the torso of the strikemaster. I will devour you, traitor, and learn your secrets, he hissed at the Alpha Legionnaire.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 5:15 am

He was in a defensive stance so you get a -20 to the attack, not that it matters with 4 dos.
Parry.
https://orokos.com/roll/936459
35, 4 dos

Iovanus?
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 5:17 am

Ahh, cheers
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 5:41 am

Just noticed when updating the map that Hydrako is currently 66m away. a jetpack charge is only 48m. So what else would you want to do? You could simply move a bit closer? Or full run to him or above him to keep yourself from being charged? you have options.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 3:14 am

Good as. I'll land in front of him so to avoid another round of shots from the others. If we're toe to toe already, he won't be able to charge, and can't shoot his bolter PB without a penalty.

Full move to melee range with the Strikemaster

IC
The sweep of lightening claws and the taunts from the Strikemaster sent Hydrako into a frenzy. He would eviscerate this dog and take his head as a trophy. His chainaxe roared over the shaking of the catacombs as he closed the distance. The teeth churned hungrily, ready to taste the vitae of traitors. With the vox down, there would be no orders, but he could see Draco picking their targets and going to work. He landed face to face with the Strikemaster and appraised him with deathless eyes. I will devour you traitor, and learn your secrets, he hissed.
Back to top Go down
callume26

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 4:55 pm

OOC: Probably just going to attempt to break suppression, and then Ready a shot for next turn.
41 (Base WP) + 30 (Not being shot at) = 71 to beat. Willpower Test 46 = Pass

IC: The shots of the traitors were by no means accurate, at least as far as Iovanus was concerned, but the danger presented by their reckless offensive gave him cause enough to take cover and reevaluate his position. Still slightly disoriented from being out of time by about ten millennia or so, Iovanus nonetheless shook it off, and quickly popped out of cover to line up a shot on the next available target.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 12:17 am

IC:

The situation was evolving rapidly. I would need to trust these other astartes to handle themselves. I signaled two other ranged fighters-Bleda and Cassiel- to join me. I'd be able to reinforce this spot to hell and turn us into an invincible turret.
Seeing the relic appearing somewhat disoriented, I called him over. I new nothing of his own signals, but I had read some ancient pre-codex tactical manuals from the early crusade (the chapter library was bounteous) and tried to speak a language he might understand.

As they started moving in, my servo-arm and mechadendrites grabbed at debris, bolting, spot-welding and punching material together and turning the crumbling ruins into a puissant (if quite ugly) bullwark- all save for small strips which my servo-arm punched out at the last moment, providing a trio of murderholes for maximum defensive potential.

"Brother! Tactic Oregon, Argon Configuration. Objective Rattata."

Tactic Oregon:
Argon configuration:
Objective Rattata:

OOC:

I'll use my "improve cover" ability; full round action ; our current cover gains +12 armour points.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 1:45 am

My last post seems to have gotten eaten. Noise marine 2 fired at Bleda and missed.

I dont See Sapiens improving the whole 30m in a single action. I can see 3m to the right and 3m to the left for a total of 9m of improved cover which Ill Mark on the map.

Next is Grimnir. Who's loosing their head?
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 2:48 pm

Free action, fire selector to Witchbolts
Fall action aim on the sorcerer in terminator armour with the intent to shoot him next round

IC
Keeping his profile as low as possible Grimnir takes a peek at the battlefield, taking it all in in but an instant. His skill and camo cloak making him all but invisible, he blended in with the lip of the wall as he eased the muzzle of his stalker bolter outfrom the confines of his cloak, the weapons scope hidden amongst the hoods shadow.

He marked his target, the sorcerer in terminator plate. This would be difficult, he doubted he'd take him down in one shot. The witchbolt round that he loaded wasn't desigfned to go through such thick plate so Grimnir aimed down the scope for a few seconds to ensure his aim was as true as possible. He held his breath, finger poised on the trigger...
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2022 9:06 am

Tomasu runs.

Noise marine 1 fires at him.
Full auto, 1/2 aim, -20 run, +30 PB
https://orokos.com/roll/938118
natural 1, 6 dos
Dodge:
https://orokos.com/roll/938119
4, 5 dos. He still takes a hit.
And those numbers are scary as shit.
https://orokos.com/roll/938120
2, subbing dos for 15 damage p4 to head.
Tomasu wears no helm so he takes 7 damage. 12/19

Legionnaire 1 will full auto at Serephan
full auto, half aim, -20 run, +10 range
https://orokos.com/roll/938122
miss

Next is Serephan. He will rull move 24 squares as well. Hes in a position to where he can charge any of the chaos guys next round

legionnaire 2 will fire at Serephan
1/2 aim, semi attack, -20 full run, +30 PB, maximal mode
https://orokos.com/roll/938123
hit, 1 dos
Serephan dodge
https://orokos.com/roll/938124
should be a pass

now we are on Bleda
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 1:59 pm

IC: Sensing that the sorcerer was the main threat and key to victory Bleda focused on him. Terminator armour or not. The Destroyer extends his hand towards the devotee of Slaanesh and with a crack of thunder blue-white bolts of electric energy shots forth.

Action: Pushed Smite on Cyrax

WP 57 + ??? (from Psy Rating) vs roll 26, so it should be a success!

https://orokos.com/roll/938207

Damage (hopefully it will be a ton of it Very Happy)

34 (7d10) damage Pen 7

https://orokos.com/roll/938208
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 6:31 am

recall that we are using Dark heresy 2.0 ruleset, and Push is only +2 instead of 3 as in the DW ruleset. That means the last dice (7) will not count. 27 p6
ok. So that will hit cyrax, the strikemaster, and both chosen.
https://orokos.com/roll/938564
Cyrax takes 9 damage
https://orokos.com/roll/938565
https://orokos.com/roll/938566
The strikemaster takes 13 damage
https://orokos.com/roll/938567
Legionnaire 1 takes 13 damage
https://orokos.com/roll/938568
Legionnaire 2 takes 13 damage

Plague marine 2 fires at the newest and biggest threat (Bleda)
standard attack, short range
https://orokos.com/roll/938569
Miss

On Lucius
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 9:22 am

Lucius will full move. Will let him figue out where he ends up when he has the time.

Strikemaster will aim/swift attack vs hydrako
+10 aim +0 action +20 run (In CC)
https://orokos.com/roll/938685
5 dos, 3 hits
https://orokos.com/roll/938688
26 (Sub),22,21 all p6 to body/body/arm
Reaction?

plague marine will fire at Bleda
short range +10, Single shot +10
https://orokos.com/roll/938686
https://orokos.com/roll/938687
hit, 19 damage p4 to the a leg. You can dodge. Recall that you have some cover and it provides an extra 5 armor but it will be destroyed afterwards.
If you fail and take damage, I need a toughness test or you get an extra 1 damage not reduced by the toxic weapon.

Its on Cassiel now
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 7:50 pm

Cassiel moves to Sapien and his newly assembled field fortification. The murderholes were perfectly designed for his missile launcher. He locks on to the marine with the plasma rifle and fires the krak missile.

Krak Missile - Plasma Rifle Chaos Marine: 1d100 74 3d10+10 31 1d10 6

I show that as a hit for 37 points of damage; Pen 10
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 8:16 pm

Reaction: Dodge the range attack that hit Bleda

61 vs Agility/Dodge 51

https://orokos.com/roll/938704

Well, it seems that Bleda takes a hit.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 1:05 am

Wp test 49 for noisemarine sound nearby
33 = 2 DoS
https://orokos.com/roll/938738

Reaction. Gonna try to parry with the chainaxe and then see if we can use this shiny new talent called Counter Attack.
WS 51 +10 MC +10 Sig wargear -10 unbalanced =<61
41 = 3 DoS
https://orokos.com/roll/938741

Perfect. Now it's a -20 roll to see if he strikes back
WS 51 +10 MC +10 Sig wargear -20 Counter attack talent =<51
43 (body) = 2 DoS
https://orokos.com/roll/938742

damage, tearing, flesh render
21, 24, 29 (RF) pen 3. Will take the RF
https://orokos.com/roll/938745

RF
4 = The power of the blow rends flesh and bone with horrific results. The target must make a challenging (+0) toughness test or suffer from Blood loss and be stunned for 1 round (pg 260)
https://orokos.com/roll/938746

IC to come
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 2:27 am

Hydrako takes 12 wounds from the first attack only as he parried 2 hits.

Counter attack is an awesome talent. I looked and its not clear if all hits need to be parried, or just 1. Im going to go with just 1 (in your favor)

https://orokos.com/roll/938756
his force field protects!

Cryrax moves 3m towards Hydrako, behind the strikemaster, and casts doombolt towards Sapiens
+10 short range, -20 (treated as a full auto attack), +45 for psy rating
https://orokos.com/roll/938757
Sapiens is hit with 4 bolts, and they can be spread between him and Cassiel, so 2 each. These are dodges exactly like a full auto attack.
Vs Cassiel:
https://orokos.com/roll/938758
13 and 14 p8 to arm, arm
Vs Sapiens
https://orokos.com/roll/938759
12,12, p8 to arm/arm

Cover only helps with legs and body here. Dodge please?
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 2:49 am

Dodge (Improved Cover): 1d100 65

Cassiel Dodge

That's a fail. Versus 45.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 6 - War Eternal - OOC
Page 21 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next