A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC

Go down 
+6
Hydrako
mruozu
Wendigo Bob
Carnelian
Sylphilis
Azza
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 1:04 am

"On the contrary, I believe he suspects them plotting together against him. Whatever his flaws, he is currently the one who reigns in the other two. If a single one were in charge of the triumvirate, it would be him."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 1:12 am

Some time later.....

Klaxons sound and a mechanical voice erupts from ancient voxes'
"Attention, we are exiting the warp. All astartes personnel are required on the bridge. That is all."

Whatever you were doing, it seems that the survey was to begin. As distant a possibility as there was, there was still a chance that the defenders had left a message embedded deep in the crust of the planet before the tyranids had sucked the planet dry of all resources. If that was the case, you would be dispatched to the surface of an dead planet, now a planetoid, to recover such valuable data.

Many planets had been given this kind of last ditch technology, but thus far, none of these deep core data packets had ever been recovered, so sudden had the planet's failures been.

The bridge was abuzz with the activity from warp disembarkation. The constant threat of the denizens that prowled the warp always kept the crews on edge, even paranoid. The crew of the soulsmear showed little signs of this wear and tear on the soul. Avincus and Dario stood on the command plinth observing the activity. Farosh was there as well. His bandages had been partially removed, he had what appeared to be a burn scar where before there had been none.

Avincus acknowledges you.
"Now that you are all here, we can begin. We will be in visual range of the planet shortly. Its name is "Pioneer's vista" in the records. If the planetary governor was smart enough to dispatch his deep core data packet, this will be a simple recovery mission. If not, then there will be no need for anyone to go planetside."
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 7:09 am

Bleda arrives roughly at the same time as the others. He tries to seem oblivious to the debacle with the Genestealer hunt but it gnaws at him all the same. The fact that the Black Templar had saved him from death made it all the worse. Now he owed the Black Templar a heavy debt, something he would no doubt be reminded off.

EDITED

"I suppose the simplicity of the recovery will be in regards to how much wreckage the Tyranids have caused?" Bleda feel like someone should say something but it sounded like a pretty straight-forward mission if it came to it.
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 10:50 am

"If there is to be a new mission, it is time to elect a new leader."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 12:22 pm

-- Earlier on the bridge --

With nothing else to add, and no more protests from Ironbound, Hydrako bowed his head slightly to both, made his way out of the bridge and off to wherever it was he went when they were not on a war-footing.

He made his way again to the brig section to check on the Aspirant. It was still trying to make sense of its situation, but in time it would understand. Life was brutal, but from now on it was going to be more so.

-- Now --

Entering the bridge again, Hydrako listened while Avincus laid out their mission. It sounded as though it were hardly a mission for Astartes. Recovery of data could be performed by mortals. He kept these thoughts to himself however, as he was not in command, and in turn was commanded to follow orders. I assume a simple scan of the planetoid's surface will tell us if there is anything to go down a recover? he waited for an answer as Cassiel spoke up. You performed well last mission Dark Angel. Will you put your name forward again?
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 5:38 am

"I will not. You have appeared thoughtful Carcharodon throughout the mission. I would follow you if you chose to lead."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 1:04 pm

Hydrako thought for a moment on that. He had not considered leading the squad before this point. He had been content to go wherever he was needed, leaving tactics and decisions to others. However, he had been found lacking when commanding the Guard units last mission. He had thrown them into the breach, ground them to nothing, and then had to rely on his own strength to see mission success. He needed more experience with command if he was to return to the Fleet a worthy battle brother. He clicked his teeth as he reached a decision. Yes, I will lead if we are sent planet-side. It was a statement of intent rather than a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 4:57 pm

234 hours since the beginning of training.
He stalked back to the brig to check on the aspirant. Today was the beginning of PT. He opened the door to the cell, this time without worry this time, and was greeted by a suspiciously calm candidate. What have you learnt? Hydrako whispered from the hatchway. Today is PT day, and we should get this over with. I am starting to like my room here.Is that really how you feel or are you saying what you think I want to hear? Hydrako folded his arms and scrutinised it. I don't care what you want to hea..., it felt like being struck by lightning. So fast and so powerful was the blow, it could not fathom a warrior being able to move that quickly. It spat out blood from a spilt lip and tears began to well up as its tough facade cracked. Hydrako loomed over it with death in his eyes. You are mine, and you will keep your insolence in check from now on. Now, pick yourself up, and come with me. He took a step back and allowed it to get up from the cell floor. He turned and motioned to candidate to exit. As they walked out together, Hydrako placed an iron grip on its shoulder to discourage any thoughts of fleeing as they left the brig section.

They entered a small gymnasia that was reserved for the crew in down time. Travelling through the warp usually saw this place empty as mortals were generally put off by the effects of the immaterium. Despite the protections of the gellar field, it was not uncommon for them to suffer feelings of paranoia, panic, or dread while plyng the depths. Hydrako welcomed the feeling of the abyss. It drew his thoughts to the Fleet he was hoping to return to one day and gave him a sense of content. Looking at the gear clustered before them, he shoved the candidate towards the stationary running platform. Today we will test the strength of your legs and the capacity of your lungs. It got up onto the platform and glared at him while Hydrako turned the speed dial to a slow trot. The candidate took to the pace easily. After 10 minutes, Hydrako turned the dial to 50% and allowed the aspirant to acclimate. After 10 minutes the dial was turned to 60%, then 70% 10 minutes after that up until they reached 80%. Sweat was running in streams down its brow, and it drew breaths in ragged gasps. It was not able to sustain the pace for long and it fell off the platform in an undignified heap. Hydrako towered over it once more and said nothing. After a moment, he reached down and picked up the aspirant under the arm and set it down on the platform. Now lets see how far you can go...He turned the dial to 50% and left it there for the remainder of the training session.

Too tired to resist or speak, the aspirant was marched back to its cell and locked up once more. Inside there was a pitcher of water, a rag, and a basin. Clean yourself up. Tomorrow there will be more to learn. Instead, the candidate collapsed on the floor and slept.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 1:15 am

Lucius nods without a word. Hydrako as brother sergeant? That would be most interesting.

Any further talk is interrupted by the void vox attendant.
"Captain! We are being hailed."

Farosh raises his eyebrows and looks at Avincus. The Ultramarines gaze was steely as he let Farosh take the lead.
Captain Tomoi nods to the bridge officer who patches the transmission to the overhead.

A burst of static projects fourth from the laud hailers, followed by a scratchy voice.
"We have you on out-----auspex. You are registering as imperial but ----serial code. Please Identify."

The officer tells you, "The transmission is sent from deep-void listening posts. They should not be active."

"Ahem, This is captain Farosh Tomoi of the Soulsmear in service of the holy ordos xenos and the golden throne. To whom do I speak?"

""--Adjunct---Valen of Talena's descent. Listening post no. 154----"

"Clean up the transmission" Farosh barked at the vox officer, who was already working on it.
"Adjunct Valen, We have come and expected to find the planet a lifeless rock. Do you resist still?"
There was a second before Valen responded.
"Resist who?----Out of astropath contact for----"

"Resist who? Your planet is in the direct path of the tyranid hive fleet. Are you mad?" Farosh asks perturbed.

"Im not---what tyranids are, but our planet is fine besides lack of communication from the crusade command."
The transmission was cleaned up somewhat.

"So you are not under xenos attack?"

"No. But we are in the process of mobilization as ordered by you agent."
This drew a surprised look from the watch captain.

"Hold please" Farosh ordered, seeing what Avincus was thinking.

Avincus looks to you.
"The planet is just fine it seems, thoughts?"

Ezu speaks up, "Ive looked at the astrocartography charts for the past several days. The planet is in the direct path of Dagon, well behind the warp shadow. They should have been devoured by now."

Dario agrees, "Dey been heah, cut off fo' months now. Notta peep. Dey ain' no way de nids jus pass'em by."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 10:55 am

What are they mobilising for if they are not aware of a Tyranid threat? Which agent sent that command out? Hydrako asked, arms crossed. This felt like more subterfuge and a rather large complication to what was a straightforward retrieval mission.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 12:15 am

Avincus looks at the bridge staff for any ideas. No one spoke to the inquiry,
"It doesnt look like we are privy to that information. I know of no agents here. Why would there be? The planet has been considered lost." Avincus says.

"Shall we ask Valen?" Farosh asks, almost immediatly cut off by Ezu.

"No. It may be some sort of subterfuge going on. It may be best to play along."
Just like an inquisitor would recommend....

"Pull of the planetary data" Avincus orders, Farosh moves to a holo-display to pull up the planet.
He then read off the numbers to you:
"Talena's descent. Its a verdant jungle world. Local fauna can be hostile but its no death world. There is a single hivesprawal with approx. 1 billion souls. A small population. Its primary export is exotic meats and plants that have been classified as medically viable. It was settled before the crusade arrived but once again under imperial rule it has expanded 10 fold. I see nothing pertinent in this data....."

Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 5:32 am

"Could it be that Genestealer's have overtaken the planet? In honestly I know little of them but I thought that I would suggest the possibility. Or perhaps, someone else from the Inquisition?" Bleda makes a point to not look at Ezu. "Its not like we haven't already experienced the Ordos seemingly working at cross purposes."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 10:51 pm

Ezu ponders on this.

Curas studies the planetary map, but stays quiet.

"Its a possibility." Avincus concedes, "But they seem more....cooperative than I would expect from a xenos cult."

"That could be the point." Curas adds. "Misdirection? standard cult activity if Ive ever seen one."

"Have you?" Ezu asks.

He turns back and looks her with a mischievous wink, "Nope."

"In any case," the watch captain says, "The fact that there are no signs of dagon here warrants more in depth questioning."
Captain Tomoi disagrees, "Brother captain, I must remind you that the fate of billions, and the stability of the salient will be determined by the knife's edge that is Castobel. We cannot tarry here if we are to save them."

"You are both correct." the inquisitor adds, "Castobel is holding back the xenos at great cost. If that planet falls, the hive fleet will have access to many more worlds in the Salient. We cannot leave them as it. Neither, can we ignore the possibilities here. A planet in direct path of a hive fleet that has been bypassed is unheard of. We must know what it is."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 2:30 pm

How long would it take for the ship to reach Erioch and deliver our news? Would it be prudent to leave us on the surface and investigate what has happened here while you report back? Hydrako added after the Inquisitor.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 3:55 pm

Lucius listened to the exchange with growing interest. He had left the Inquisitor's chambers the night before feeling as though they were finally on the same page; he was not naive enough to believe that to be true, but their footing had been leveled somewhat. At the very least, she was less of an enigma to him and more another piece of the bigger game of Regicide they were all playing.

"Genestealer cults exist to destabilize a planet in anticipation for an oncoming Hive Fleet. Given that Dagon should have aready bled this planet dry, they would serve no purpose on the surface of the planet after-the-fact. I have a feeling something else is happening here."

He waited calmly for another round of vox traffic, eager to unfold this curious scenario. If Draco had to stay planet side to investigate while while the Soulsmear moved on given a reasonable time frame, that would suit him fine.

He watched Hydrako from time to time. He was excited to see his blooded-brother embrace the reins of command.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 8:09 pm

"Thats along the lines of what I was thinking," Avincus replies to Hydrako.

"Though Erioch is not our destination. We still need to make it to watch station Arkhas and hopefully avoid the imperial navy as we take what we need from the armorium there. We can also send the astropathic message back to Erioch."

He looks at captain Tomoi, "How long would a round trip like that take?"

Tomoi studies the galactic map carefully, "A week? Less? More? Hard to say with the shadow in the warp."

The watch captain nods, it was always a difficult move to guess the tides of the empyrean.
"I still disagree with the course of action." Grhaile says. "I say we-"

"You have spoken with me several times about what you recommend inquisitor." Know that I consider your opinion important and dont ignore your recommendations lightly."

"yet you still ingore them." she reminds him.

"Aye." He responds.

""So when we gon' go get awl dirty on da ground?" Dario asls, clearly ready for some action.
"I need you here." Avincus tells him, "In fact, Ill need several of you to sty with me aboard the soulsmear. Serepjhan? I need you to inspect every crew member aboard, the taint of the genestealer must be stopped. Ill not have the vessel propagate the spread of any xenos cults."
Seraphan nods without complaint, though he felt like he was being punished anyway.
"Khol, I believe your chapter's history of lending its best sniper squads to imperial detachments will come in handy should we need to initiate dialogue."
"Pip pip" he responds with guesto.

"And Albrect, the templars crusade fleets have performed admirably in the reach and beyond. The navy have a high regard for your brethren. I may need that as well."
Three of your squad, and Dario, all needed here for their chapter history and expertise, you would be short handed dirtside for perhaps a week or so...

No one seemed willing to question the watch captains orders now.

'Tomoi, open the vox channel." He nods and the attendant makes it done.

'Valen? I am watch captain Avincus of the deathwatch chapter. I will be landing an inspection team of my best to make sure your defenses are adequate for the threat."

---Uh, yes sir. I will notify my superiors at once---
"Don't bother adept. We will inform the planetary governor ourselves when we get there."
---o-ok sir. I will do as you ask. Ave imperator---

The line was cut. "Jam their signal. If there is an uprising, which I still doubt, they will have no time to prepare for us."

He turns his attention back to you.
"Hydrako, you have been nominated as brother Sergeant of this mission. Do you accept?"
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 6:20 am

A jungle world. Cassiel was disappointed. Well, perhaps he was relieved that the planet still survived, but he had imagined setting down on a barren rock with clear sight lines. Jungles were his least favorite terrain after deep swamps. There would be no orbital involvement; there would be no open areas to establish defensive perimeters in. Hopefully they wouldn't have to leave the hive world. But surely if this planet still lived it was either invisible to the Tyrannid or contained something that was anathema to them. Learning the secret of the mystery would pay dividends in defeating them.

Cassiel looked toward Lucius and Hydrako. "Who is to go?"
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 12:15 pm

Hydrako nodded once to the Watch Captain, Aye, I accept the role. It will be a shame to lose the expertise of the rest of the squad, but we will manage. I trust the four of us will be enough for anything we may experience. He glanced at Cassiel, a good question he mused. Will it just be us going to the surface or will we have company again, working in our periphery? He looked steadily at the Inquisitor then, waiting to hear what the verdict would be.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 12:53 pm

Ezu looks at the watch captain. It seemed they had already spoken at length on the subject.

"Alas, the watch captain is expecting to be discovered at Arkhas. My presence will be needed it seems."

"Draco, make the necessary preparations and oaths, arm yourselves for unknown threats." Avincus said with a commanding voice.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 12:22 pm

The Novamarine moved into the armory with heavy footfalls. His bodyglove and Mk. VII power armor had been returned to him from the ship's tech priests. They had done an excellent job repairing and repainting both pieces of equipment. At Lucius' request, the armor itself had been repainted a flat, matte black. His left arm and Iron Skull centered on his chest shone bright given the juxtaposition.

The Beast of Thule's skull was packed in an armored container in his chambers. As such, his left arm shone even brighter.

He spoke to the tech priest. Behind them both, chapter serfs moved with a practiced efficiency to grab the items he requested. A heavy cart was presented to him with a bow. Storm shield, Hellfire flamer, what he considered a reasonable amount of spare ordnance and ammunition, and an item that was becoming more and more treasured to him: the Draco Back Banner.

His Hesh Bolter and jump pack were already on him. He collected his gear, meticulously outfitting himself for combat. With a single word of thanks, he made his way out.

+++

"Cassiel, do you have a moment?" He had made speaking with the Dark Angel a priority, but wasn't able to find time for it until now.

"I hope what I am about to say won't cause your head to inflate and explode all over me, but you displayed outstanding leadership on our last mission. Guilliman would have been proud."

He smiled warmly and awaited a response.

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 1:28 am

Makradon had delved deep into the task at hand, at least the most important one in his mind. Finding out more information on the big picture at hand all around them. These siblings had proved rather difficult to dig up information on, but that hadn't deterred Makradon at all from the attempt at it. But he needed more time with it, time that would be interrupted should he have to go planetside with the others. All that time could be better put at finding out at least a little more regarding the inner workings of what was going on.

The tech marine went to the bridge with the others, being the last one to arrive. He listened to everything being said, before putting in his recommendation.

"Captain, I wish to further my information gathering up here rather than going planetside. I believe that could help much more in the long run than my bolter rounds. I request a stay from this mission to further my research if you will permit it."

He looked around at the others.

"And I do so believe that we will need the work of an apothecary on this mission and I would recommend that Serephan go in my place on this next mission. If you will allow it of course."
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 12:36 pm

Cassiel stood a moment looking at Lucius, blinking at the words. With an imperceptible start he realized that the Novamarine was trying to be friendly with him. It was a kind gesture. Cassiel had planned on retorting that the mission command had gone acceptably and that there were no casualties, but he realized that would sound like an attack on Lucius, and honestly, Cassiel thought Lucius had done a better job with Draco than he had. The team listened to him. Instead he cracked a smile that didn't look too much like a rictus. "Your words are kind. We had to split command several times and you did an admirable job. I know there is a lot I can learn from you with time." Cassiel hoped it didn't sound as obsequious to Lucius as it sounded to himself, still, it wouldn't do to rebuff the offer of friendship.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 11:54 pm

The caption looks sternly at Makradon, questioning what exactly he was getting at.
"I dont know if that-"
He was cut off by Captain Farosh, "A brother Techmarine could be instrumental in helping should the warp tides prove...difficult." He eyes the watch captain, clearly he had not meant to interrupt him.
"Apologies brother captain." he says with a bow.

He takes the advice into consideration. Serephan would be useful in both deployments, but Farosh seemed to believe Makradon would be more useful on the ship.
"Are your apothecaries up to the task of ridding the crew of xenos taint?" he asks with a raised eyebrow.
"Most definitely, M'lord." Farosh replies.

He nods his approval to Makradon and Serephan. "As you wish brothers."

The chapel upon the soulsmear was cold and empty. Your boots echo in the candlelit gloom.
The patron primarch of the soulsmear was Leman Russ.A stained glass window was back lit from the other size, the vibrant features clashing with the cold stone of the room.

You stand; ready to take your oaths before heading down to the planet. As Hydrako was to take the mantle of leadership and there was no chaplain aboard, it was up to him to lead the rite.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 9:25 am

"Likewise, brother Cassiel. Our next op should prove interesting, though I am curious about what the others will get up to while we are planetside. Tell me, what are your impressions of Inquisitor Ghraile?"

Lucius had yet to completely make his mind up on the elusive Inquisitor and would consult all of his brother's to get their takes. He was especially interested in what Cassiel had to say. He noticed how perceptive the Dark Angel was and was eager to gain some insight.

+++

Lucius stood in the chapel fully kitted out and ready for war. His armor was adorned with his trophies he had taken in the past - the Beast of Thule's shoulder carapace over his left arm and a necklace of long, devastating teeth hanging over the outside of his armor on a strong steel wire. His jump pack hummed lightly with the power from his armor, as did the heavy storm shield on his left arm. Weapons and ammo adorned him. But it was his master crafted Hesh bolter that stood out, resplendent above the rest.

He smiled a toothy grin as Hydrako took the mantle of leadership. He was eager to see his brother grow into a more well rounded Astartes. Truly, this was the power and strength of the Deathwatch - constantly testing, forging, and growing lasting brotherhood between the Chapters.

Of all the Marines of squad Draco, it was Hydrako who he had formed the closest bond with. He alone did he truly consider a blood-brother. He committed himself to follow and give advice as necessary.

Lucius' soul was born for battle. His heart was built for war.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 12:26 am

When the briefing broke up, Hydrako approached Avincus. He would need his support and assistance in the near future if he was to fulfil his duty to the Chapter. Watch Captain, a word if you would allow it. Not being one to bandy words, he drove straight to the point. Would you shield my charge from the designs of Curas? I have begun its training, physically and mentally, and to interrupt that with a return to general population would be...detrimental. Ironbound has given up the fight for now, but with my absence I imagine he will take up the matter again or do something covert. It is important to my Chapter that this candidate makes its way to the Fleet when you reach Erioch. Will you help me?

-------
Spoiler:

He waited in the shadows of the Chapel for the squad to assemble. Being first had allowed him to blend into the background and wait silently for them all to appear. Lucius was predictably first, which made Hydrako grin. The Novamarine was a born leader, so Hydrako knew he would be under the microscope on this mission. He had learnt much from their time together, and Hydrako hoped he could conduct himself as effectively.

The others filtered in shortly after, bar those that were staying aboard the ship. They were gathered in a circle and waiting patiently. Hydrako's footfalls began to echo from the shadows as he circled them all. His voice whispering out from here and there, but somehow not where the bootfalls landed. Remove your gauntlets, all of you. He commanded from the shadows. His gauntlets lay on one of the pews so that his wrists were exposed for the next part of the rite. On a small dais in the middle of the assembled circle, the oath parchments and wax sat next to a bowl and his jagged combat blade. When they had all done as commanded, he spoke again. Lucius, take up the bowl. Seraphan, take up the parchment. Cassiel, take up the wax. Bleda, take up the blade. As they each went to the dais and took up their charge he brought his right hand to his mouth and slashed his exposed wrist with his teeth. He made the gash deep and ragged enough to ensure the flow was strong and steady then lowered his hand to allow the blood to flow across the palm and fingers. When they had all returned to their positions, Hydrako emerged from the shadows to stand in the middle of the circle and address them in the light. You each hold the pillars of the Oath we are about to make here. We do not know the details of where we are deploying, nor the strength of the enemy we may face. We are Astartes and do not require such details. If we are lucky, the only detail we desire is to know where they are. Whatever we may face on this queer mission, you each know that the warrior to your left and right will lay down his life for you. I hold in my hand the Blood of my Chapter. The Blooding is a rite every new commander goes through with his squad, for it is the power of the Blood that ensures victory. He walked to Lucius first, as he was bareheaded and most fitting for the moment. With his bloody hand, he grabbed Lucius across the eyes, nose, and mouth, leaving a visible hand print. He did this for each of his squad mates, grabbing the face plates of those who were helmeted, and returned to the centre of the circle. Bleda, step forward and expose your wrist to the bowl. Hydrako moved to Lucius' side as the Destroyer came forward. Make your Offering to your squad. Given how this rite had begun, Bleda guessed what was expected so ran the blade along his open palm, and made his Offering of Blood. Lucius, hold out your hand and make your Offering. Lucius' hand snapped out palm up for Bleda to score and a generous stream of blood was added to the bowl. Seraphan make your Offering. Bleda walked to Seraphan then, followed by Lucius, and they drew their Offering from the Blood Angel. Cassiel, approach the dais and make your offering. Lucius moved to the dais and held the bowl up for the Offering as the Dark Angel approached. Bleda was there with the blade a moment later and drew the Offering into the bowl. Hydrako walked to the dais and motioned for Seraphan to approach also. The whole squad was now drawn in close around the bowl on the dais and ready to afix the parchments to their armour. Seraphan, as if knowing the next step had already, passed the parchments out so each member was holding one. Hydrako brought his other wrist to his mouth and gashed it before adding his own blood to the bowl. Everyone had now contributed their strengths and legacies to the bowl, creating a cocktail of greatness. Now, dip your parchment in the Blood and affix it to one of your squad mates. This will seal our Oath to each in a bond that is unbreakable. He watched as the gathered Astartes dipped their Oath and wax sealed it one another's breastplates. They drifted amongst each other fluidly and with a familiarity that only a fighting bond could breed. They were one squad, and they were showing their dedication to their cause and fraternity. When everyone stepped back, Hydrako spoke once more. You all have my Blood now. You have the Blood of your squad mates. It is this mixing of our holy vitae that seals our pact. We are Bloodsworn. We fight for each other. We protect the flanks of our Cousins and Brothers. We take power from the Blood, for it is the Blood of our ancestors and our Holy Emperor. The Blood Oath is unbreakable, for it signals a bond that binds us together as a fraternity and sons of the Emperor. But, the Blood is also a guide. It guides us back to our roots, to the ancients, and to our duty. No matter the circumstances, whether we are lost cutoff or bleeding our last drops, if we look to the Blood we will always find purpose. In this moment, I make this Oath to each of you. I will give my last drop of blood to see each of you returned to your Chapters. I will give my last breath to see the mission succeeds. And, I will give my last ounce of strength to see the Imperium protected from the foe without, and within. He looked every one of them in the eye and asked for their Oath then.

When each had given his Oath, Hydrako drew both hands to his face and smeared the remainder of the liquid over his face and hair, turning his pale flesh and grey hair a deep crimson. Now they were ready.

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 8:11 am

Serephan made it into the chapel with the others, eager to redeem himself of the folly he had committed on the previous mission. The Thirst was ever-present but he needed to control himself. He needed to show his sworn brothers that he could make up for past transgressions and behave more according to his duty as their protector, both while they fought and should they fall in battle. The new helm would help in this endeavor, giving him the vital edge needed in keeping his brothers from falling.

Along with that, he had let his normal chainsword rest for the coming battle, opting to go for a masterfully crafted piece acquired from the armory. He tested its weight, slashing in the air in fluid, biting motions. It was a beautifully crafted weapon that would blood their enemies well. The flamer was equally amazing, giving him chills at the destruction he could wrought with it.

And last but certainly not least, the Blood of Heroes. He stowed the other weapons and took out the small vial of blood. It sang to him with an energy that invigorated him, blessed him, and told him that the coming mission would be a success. The Blood within would protect him and his brothers and let him perform to the best of his ability, no matter the obstacles faced. He put the vial to his forehead, asking for the sacred protection offered by the God Emperor and the "Brightest One." Silently, he placed the vial back into one of his compartments for safe keeping.

Upon seeing Lucius, he smiled under his helm, eager to get on with the proceedings and get to the mission below.

"Brother, I only hope I can find some trophies of my own in the coming mission. I can't let you and the shark have all the fun this time."

His head watched as their chosen leader strode from the shadows. Deadly, ferocious, and altogether a terrifying sight to behold. It made his skin electric. It made his hearts pump faster. His smile grew as the ceremony started. Taking the parchment, he affixed it to his closest brother, his bonded partner in war. He watched as Hydrako finished the ceremony, turning himself crimson.

It was time. And this time he was ready.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 4:24 pm

Lucius grinned as Bleda took his bionic hand and paused. He used his free hand to point to the wicked scars that ran from the top of his head, down across his eyes, and onto his chin. Four in total - a genestealer's dying action. The blade flashed and he felt his blood run out and into the chalice before his enhanced physiology sealed the wound.

His eyes closed as Hydrako's large palm fell over his face. He grinned again. The barbarian inside of him embraced his brother's tradition as if it were his own; this was the part of the Novamarines that their counterparts in the Ultramarines could never fully grasp. This is what separated the inhabitants of Honorum from those of Macragge.

He went through the motions as instructed. He would follow Hydrako, Cassiel, Seraphan, and Bleda to the Warp and back if only it were asked.

Seraphan...

He was surprised at how jovial the Blood Angel was. After their previous action, he had meant to have words with him. He seemed level now, however. He would watch him closely and, if need be, take him down for the third time.

He returned the sentiment. "Have Hydrako and I finally turned you into a fellow savage like us?" He quipped.

He turned and placed the parchment upon Hydrako. When the seals of the pact had been made, he said the words. They seemed to come alive inside of him, and his desire to bring glory to Draco and the Novamarines rose to new heights. He wasn't one to give into fervor, but he felt now, and he embraced it.

"On your go," he said to Hydrako.

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 2:16 am

Serephan looks over at Lucius, a smile painting his face. The wound in his face had already nearly finished healing, the skin repairing at a rapid rate.

"I find that as we grow together and bond even further, I wish to embrace this tradition. I should like to always remember our missions and what better way than a piece of our enemies."

Serephan knew the others were worried about him. He was worried about himself even more. So many had succumb to the thirst. So many good brothers lost. He shook his head to dispel the disquieting thoughts surrounding him.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 1:10 am

With the oath taken and your gear ready, you have nothing left to do but head towards to the small landing bay aboard the Soulsmear.

The bay was small by imperial standards, occupied by a single Arvus lighter, the same lighter that took you to Castobel. Its pitted and scarred surface was being attended to by a team of serfs and adepts, overseen by Makradon.
He greets you as you approach, "Brothers. I have attended to the rights and machine spirit. The turmoil delt to it upon Castobel has been soothed out. The shall be no issues during your transport to the surface below."

As if responding its readiness, the lighter opens its rear door in invitation.
"I will ferry you down to the surface." Makradon says as you board.

You load up and secure yourselves in the couches. It was no where near as spacious, armed or armored as a thunderhawk, it was a cargo transport vehicle in every which way. With the appropriate clearances and procedures followed, the ship lurches out into the void above Talena's descent. The sudden acceleration causes you to sink in your seats, followed by the inertial dampers reducing the internal G-forces. Out the front window you see the planet itself.

It was a small green jewel suspended in the blackness of the void. In the far distance was a barely visible scar upon the inky blackness, the hadex anomaly, the scar where the warp bled into realspace. To look upon it from this distance would pose no threat, and the atmosphere meant that the citizens would not be able to see it at all. Mostly covered in large tracks of jungle, there was an occasional water body, though they looked more like massive lakes than actual oceans.
Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 Jungle_Planet_by_ZipIt.png

The flight was without incident. The turbulence of the atmosphere was tolerable, and the possibility of being shot down was ended as soon as you entered the atmosphere.
As soon as Vox contact was reestablished, the channel opens up:

"Ordos xenos vessel. We have you on our scopes. We have a landing pad prepared for you if you will proceed to coordinates 35 delta by 267Imperius. Dot 67. The high Lord governor is in wait for you on arrival."

Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 86a1c5b5c42d9b4fef65827449a7180d

Makradon shifts the vessel following the planned flight path. Below you was the hivesprawal, the only city-structure on the planet. Unlike most imperial planets who chose the safety of large vertical hives, the hivesprawal stretched out across the horizon on a horizontal building pattern. The data on the planet indicated the entire 1 billion population lived in this single hivesprawal.
Soon, you spot the assigned landing pad. It was modestly sized, but that didnt stop a millitary-looking escort of approx 100 pdf troopers. At their head stood the lord governor flanked by a few of his most trusted attendants. Makradon guides the lighter to its resting position and the rear door opens. The cabin is filled with a fresh, earthy air that was welcome after weeks of the stale air aboard the soulsmear.

Stepping out, you are bid a final farewell by Makradon and the ramp closes with your exit. It lifts off as you clear safe distance, a pad of air expanding out from directly underneath the lighter as it ascends.
The lord Governor was a short, portly man. He had thin hair, but looked more bald than anything. He had a thick, dark uni-brow over his pudgy face. He had a half-cape over his left shoulder, the white cloth ending just below his waist. From under his cape rested his left arm tucked into his belt. In his right arm he held a cane. He bows as you approach, the shock on his face evident.
"I had not expected the angels of the Emperor! Forgive me m'lords. I am Lord-Governor Atticus Newton the seventh, servant of the Emperor "
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 6:11 am

"To be fair, we didn't expect you. Intelligence claims that your planet was overrun by the Tyrannid menace. As you must know, our intelligence reports are fortunately completely wrong about the situation on the ground." Cassiel felt that wasn't offering too much information, nor would it prevent Hydrako from laying out the next steps.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 am

Lucius took in the scene. If the Hive Fleet was supposed to have taken this planet out, then there had to be a very good reason why they failed - or rather, never attempted to do so.

His mind briefly went to genestealer taint. But that didn't add up entirely. Genestealer's existed to subvert populations in order to weaken them prior to the main Tyranid attack. And yet, so far everything seemed to be functioning normally.

He swept his eyes over the Lord Governor and then the assembled troops, paying special attention to any irregularities or quirks they might have.

Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 9:39 am

Bleda exists with the rest and keeps to the Kill Team, and lets Lucius and Hydrako do the talking. Lucius could have a point about the Genestealers but Bleda was certain the people off this world was up to something, and that it was xenos in nature. The question of it was, what?
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 12:25 am

Serephan took in the sights and sounds around him. Something wasn't right, not in the slightest. The whole thing felt off from the moment he saw the retinue approach and greet them. He would let Hydrako take the lead and say what needed to be said, but should he miss a question, Serephan would be ready to pick up the slack and get some answers.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 1:13 am

Hydrako was up and out of the grav couch as soon as the turbulence from atmospheric entry subsided. He grabbed a dangling strap and looked around the squad, taking them in. His squad. A moment later and they were setting down on the landing pad. He glided down the ramp leading the others and approached the governor, a fat looking fool leading militia type troops. He could see their nervousness grow as they approached, his presence sweeping ahead of them like a bow wave before a ship. They shifted awkwardly and looked askance at the Emperor's Finest whom loomed over them all. The grisly trophies some of them displayed adding to their intimidating presence. Worthless, he thought. As the governor made his introduction, Hydrako waited a few moments before replying. He was sizing up the man to gauge his mettle. What year is it? he asked finally.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 9:07 pm

"Oh?" The governor adds to Cassiel's question. "Well, we have been out of contact for months now. We had no idea why until your ordos xenos agent told us that we were light years behind enemy lines. I have started to mobilize my PDF as he requested, but we are a small population and it will take at least a week before we are ready to-"
(Hydrako asks about the year)
The lord governor stopped prattling and shared a concerned look with one of hi advisers. In fact, it was the only adviser in the bunch you thought could be useful.
Turning his look back to Hydrako, he stifled a chuckle.
"M'lord. Our chronograms register the year as 818m41. Is that accurate?"
It was possible that time dilation could happen during warp travel. It was entirely possible that a ship arrived years after they should have; or in even more rare cases, arrived before distress calls were sent out. In this case the time was accurate.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2019 4:57 pm

Lucius spotted nothing out of the ordinary, but he kept his eyes peeled regardless. Of course, the fact that nothing seemed out of the ordinary could be because nothing was wrong. It was just hard for him to accept that.

He locked eyes with the officers. He wanted them to know that he saw them, but that he was approachable if they needed to speak. Hydrako and some of the others could be less than... friendly.

Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 3:00 pm

Cassiel nods. "That date is accurate. Go on. What requires another week, yet? I would hate to think that you have not been responding with all due haste considering the situation."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 10:27 pm

The lord general stutters as Cassiel's threat looms overhead. Before he could respond, the advisor he looked to before spoke at his defense.
"We are but a small settlement. We have sent out the call to muster as soon as we received it but seeing as how we are not a high priority on the munitorum's list of importance, we don't have the best equipment available. We have to recall our conscripts from their day jobs via sirens and runners. We also have to have the enginseers rouse the machine spirits for the scant amount of vehicles that we do have."
You take a measure of this man. He was not like the other men the lord governor surrounded himself with. Unlike those soft clams, he was a scarred, tanned man in PDF fatigues with flak plate. A heavy pattern laspistol sits on his hip in a well worn holster. His rank was displayed proudly on his right shoulder plate.
"It will take a week to have the full force of the PDF ready and able to respond to whatever is going on. Until then we have squads maintaining fixed positions at key points in and on the edge of the hive." he finishes.

"I have instated martial law," the lord governor speaks again, "my arbites report no problems as of yet, besides the typical drunken brawls and petty crimes that tend to break out. We are willing and able to assist in whatever you need."
He hesitates, unsure of what to say next. He picks his next words carefully.
"Your agent was vague on what exact threat that may be. I would petition you for a straight answer, what are we dealing with?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 6:28 pm

Lucius made a note to speak with this man at length when he had an opportunity. For now, he would get the basics of his area of expertise.

"What defenses does this sprawl-hive have ready and operable? What are in need of repair? Where are your weak spots and what, aside from the physical layout, are your major vulnerabilities?"

Lucius ignores the Lord Governor for the moment. The question he posed would be up to Hydrako to answer.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 12:08 am

The PDF commander guy answers the question,
"Our basic troops are equipped with m36 lasguns. Every other squad has a tripod mounted heavy stubber. We have a few tauroxes for transport, and a few old beaten chimera's that were deemed unsuitable for imperial guard deployment. We have a small handful of heavy weapons: Missile launchers, meltaguns, and an occasional plasma gun. We have an adequate amount of industrial explosives and flamethrowers that we can easily repurpase. As far as armor goes, I have 2 hellhounds, 10 sentinel walkers and a single leman russ demolisher."

"We are in the process of sealing the hive," The lord governor adds, "We've been ordered by the administratum to expand, as such, we don't have any citywide fortifications."

"Yes,"the commander-guy replies, "we have been sealing off streets towards the city exits with our deforestation and construction equipment."
He pauses for a second, considering all the information, "We will not survive even any sort of siege, or an armored push. I'd say that until we can secure the hive, we are susceptible to small infiltration forces."

"we havent had any issues, not even since we were told to mobilize and prepare for a fight."
The lord general reports.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 12:28 am

Hydrako let everyone speak as they wanted. He wasn't concerned with that. He merely listened while the governor tried to explain their weak situation. When the inventory of units and vehicles rattled off he broke in, What we are dealing with Governor, are dead men....His black eyes bored into him then as silence fell between the two parties. When no one spoke, he continued. A xenos force has swept through this area of space, and your planet was in its direct path. Using historical accounts of this particular scourge, your planet should have been overrun and scoured of all biological matter, yet here you stand before me. Can you tell me why that is? Why has such a verdant target been spared? You and your planet should be annihilated right now, a mere memory.He paused to think about what could explain it. Are there natural phenomena about your planet that we should know about? Is there anything unexplained in your histories or logs about your home? The most insignificant detail could be of use. Enlighten us, he said with a sweeping gesture to the rest of the squad.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 2:07 am

Serephan listened as everyone prattled on about this and that. He knew that eventually the Space Shark could get information out of almost anyone using his methods. It wouldn't take much to make the Lord Commander budge. Serephan smiled beneath his helm, while surveying all around him, before chiming in.

"Sure is an interesting point he made there. I'd hurry up and answer him, he doesn't like to wait. Got the patience of a shark in blood-filled waters."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 5:41 pm

A look of dread-terror crossed everyone's face, the Lord Governor and all his advisors.
If sowing terror and fear was the point of Hydrako and Serephan's words, they were clearly effective.
"W-w-what?" The lord general manages to croak through dry lips, "We have had no effective communications with the administratum for 2 years, but that is not so unusual in the reach. We've done nothing but keep up with the tithes required, keeping it in storage until its picked up and fresh supplies are delivered."

Before he could speak out more placations, the commander-guy cuts off his pandering. "Who are they? Orks? We dont have the manpowere or equipment to stop them but I assure you we will die fighting."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 9:26 am

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Focusing on the question at hand is more important than who the enemy is currently. I believe our squad leader Carcharadon asked about any phenomena in this planet's history - known or locked away in knowledge-cogitators - that could prevent an enemy set on a path of destruction from reaching this planet. If that knowledge is classified, consider it declassified. If you do not know, we need to speak with the person who does."

He stands so that those speaking to him have a good view of the Iron Skull on his breastplate, just in case there was any confusion about whether or not to completely cooperate with Kill Team Draco.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 11:10 pm

Hydrako gazed at the officer for a moment before looking back at the Governor. You may not die yet, not until I say you may. The xenos species is known as Tyranid. They swarm planets far faster than any ork Waaagh using sheer numbers to overwhelm their foes. Governor, what are the tithes you produce here? Clearly it is not manpower or industrial goods. Have you lost contact with the Imperium or Administratum before? Has there been any civil unrest of any kind? Have there been any disappearances or an uptick in violence or murder in the past? Cultist activity even? I refuse to believe that your planet is so backwater that nothing interesting happens here...
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 7:09 am

The lord governor shakes his head to Lucius, "There was a small listening post and research station here during the well of night, not even in imperial records, perhaps it had been a pirate outpost or smuggling drop of some sort? When the crusade arrive the buildings were empty and in decline. Whatever had been here before was long gone and the jungle had reclaimed what was taken. The estimates from historical analysis topped the population of the facility at 50 people."

All the people present's eyes widen in shock at the revelation. The commander-guy was the fiorst to speak, "Tyranids!? Here?" his face pales as the implications sink in.

Another adviser steps forward, his carapace and marks him out as an adeptus arbites officer.
"We have had no increase in violence or murders of any sort. There are occasional work disputes between various companies over mining rights, and the like. The population has always been privy to drunken fights and the occasional killing. We've never had any serial murders, or any hint of culist activity."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 1:26 pm

Hydrako nodded as the other officer reported. And, who sent the command to mobilize the PDF? It did not come from our ship, and the rest of the Reach assumes your planet is dead. You've been out of communication for two years, so something must have changed for you to receive an astropathic message. We may need to speak to your chief Astropath.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 1:04 am

The men before you exchange glances of worry and confusion.

Before Hydrako, no one seemed to want to speak. Finally the Lord Governor stammered an answer.
"There was no astropathic message m'lord. It was a vox communique from on Talena's descent. He did not give a name, but he transmitted the appropriate cyphers that marked him out as a member or the inquisition....."
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:29 am

Serephan put a mailed fist to his forehead and sighed underneath his helm.

"Just what we need boys, another member of the Inquisition messing up things behind the scenes. Or maybe he was just someone with the right cyphers that managed to get forces mobilizing. But...to what end?"

He turns to the governor.

"Any sign of this mysterious person that sent the vox?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 8:17 am

Lucius speaks to Draco in squad cant. The secret language of the squad would serve them well, he thought. Spooking the PDF further would serve no purpose.

"Shadow wars and Inquisitorial in-fighting. One of Ghraile's enemies no doubt - this ties back to Ironbound and the cold war for the heart of the crusade. I doubt we will be dealing with Tyranids on this rock; stay ready for clandestine agents."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next