A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC

Go down 
+6
Hydrako
mruozu
Wendigo Bob
Carnelian
Sylphilis
Azza
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 2:21 pm

"No," The lord governor answers Serephan, "He said he was in the jungle, and that we should mobilize the PDF with all due haste. He was....abrasive in manner and speech. I wasn't going to argue with a member of the holy ordos."

Up ahead at the end of the PDF lines, the limo was replaced with 2 taurox transports. Curiously, the front treads had been replaced with tires, turning the vehicles into a more mobile halftrack.

Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 1c34d06f3c26eb0e21e004f5e1b97a18_56122

The greeting committee had not noticed the switch yet, engaged in the discussion as they were.

"If the tyranids have arrived," The commander began, "we should be prepared to blow all of our nuclear reactors and plasma generators."
"Lord-mil-" The Governor began before being cut off.
"We cannot hope to survive a hive fleet. The only thing we can do is bleed them dry as we sell our lives dearly." he finishes.

This seems to placate the lord governor, though he clearly didnt like it.
"Make it so." he says with a tone of defeat.

Another member of the greeting party, obviously the local ranking techpriest, acknowledges the order with mechanical clarity. Bursts of static are punctuated with grating metallic words. "By your will lord governor. The tyranid menace will regret the might of the ommnissiah."

Last edited by Sylphilis on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 10:18 am

Inquisitorial infighting, it seemed to Bleda that his second suggested source of the problem on this world was true. But careful from previous, accidents, he does not cast his psychic powers to take a closer look at the governor and his men. But he adds a question to the discussion.

"Tell me, Lord Governor, what are the state of your Astropaths? I would like to meet them and be informed of their abilities to serve the Imperium. Nothing long or drastic, but just an interview."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 10:55 pm

The Lord governor nods.
"I will give you full access. They are strained from attempting to send or recieve messages, but are in good shape otherwise.....for an astropath anyway."

From within the milling advisors a robed figure steps forward. He was lanky with bone thin fingers which he used to pull back his deep hood. A Bald man with bandaged eyes "looks" at Bleda.
"Perhaps I can be of assistance? We have no ranking members of the astropathica here. But I was chosen to be on this welcoming party."
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 10:04 am

Bleda seizes up the Astropath with a glance.

"I am sure you will be of great use to us and the Imperium. And I do have some questions. Have you for the last time senced a change in the Warp, like a shadow over it?"

Bleda does not dare to think that the Astropaths would have any particular knowledge of Tyranids. But he does decide to put the Astropath to a little test, just to see if he was a mere animal-of-habit walking in a circle in his own tracks or if the Astropaths could do with independent thinking. One could be shocked at how often the former was found in position of authority. The plan was to mix his actual questions with irrelevant, for now, inquiries to see if the Astropath could follow and not get distracted. And if he would be part of a cover-up, then perhaps a ill-chosen word could expose set up before the Kill Team by the other members of the delegation. It would win Bleda no friends though, but it could be worth it.

"Further more, before communications where cut, what did the planet deliver as its tithe? The population is by your own words to small to supply regiments for the Imperial Guard."

And then comes the various questions that Bleda uses to keep the Astropath from easily sensing what Bleda was really after.

"How old are you?"

"Has there been a physical threat to the Astropaths?"

"What is the common attitude to Xenos on this planet?"

"Has there been labour unrest in the last twenty-four months?"

"How are the local Astropaths organized in your work?"

"What is the governor's name?"

"Who can authorize the sending of an Astropathic message?"

"What is your name?"

"Given your remoteness how are you dealing with local psykers in at least a two year absence of the Black Ships?"

"How many Astropaths are there here on the planet?"

"What was the last report you had regarding the war in the greater Jericho Reach?"

"What is the story with the jungles on this world, does it contain a potential security treat to the planet?"

"When did you recieve news that I and my brothers were coming here?"

"How long have you been positioned on this world?"

"How common are psychic births on the planet?"

"Are the Astropaths allowed to carry weapons or armour for their protection?"

"When did the planet send its last tithe to the Imperium?"

"Who was the last among the Astropaths number to arrive here?"

"Is there a mutant or abhuman population on the planet? And if such, where are they and what do they do?"

"Who has physical access to the Astropaths?"

"How long has the governor been in his position?"

"Before these two years of silence, how often did you recieve messanges from off-world by astropathic means?"

"Has the planet experienced some kind of threat between its liberation by Achilles Crusade and now?"

"What is the security around the Astropaths?"

"Why were you selected to be part of this entourage?"

"How are recieved astropathic messanges reported beyond the Astropaths themselves?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 12:57 pm

Lucius side eyes Bleda as the Destroyer unloads a litany of questions onto the unsuspecting astropath.

From the after-action report he had read from their attack during the last battle, he silently prepared for the daemon that would inevitably spawn from this interaction.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 4:29 pm

The astopath attempts to answer the first question, but then wilts under an onslaught of follow up questions.

If he had eyes then they surly would have been been wide with fear.

The advisers look with grave concern, afraid the angel of death would live up to his moniker.

After the barrage is done the Astopath stammers, still bent back,
"I....I dont..... what....I"
The wizened man was truly at a loss for words.

None of the others seemed willing to defend the astropath at the risk of Bleda's ire.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 5:23 pm

Lucius razed a calming hand.

"We have a rare moment of unadulterated time here for you to answer. Take your time and start from the first. Finish with the last. There is no need to fear the Emperor's Angels, friend." He said in impeccable low gothic.

Not yet.

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 9:48 pm

A smile spread over Serephan's face as Bleda went on the offensive. It was amazing the spitfire way in which the questions penetrated as if each were a bolt round puncturing into the carapace of a Tyranid. He stifled a laugh as the questioning finished, unsure of what else to do in that situation.

"I'd answer the questions, friend. And we have time, so be thorough."
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 10:11 pm

"I are in no hurry. But I do want answers to my questions." Bleda tries to be polite but not friendly. He didn't want to start by playing favorites or appear soft.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 12:14 am

"We....we are under no threat." He stammers to one of the questions.

"No psychic births since ive been here. Twenty six years.....security for astropaths is adequate....."

He tries to recall the questions, but there were so many, so fast,

"No astropathic communications in last 2 years, 4 years since last tithe was collected....."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 6:18 pm

Lucius waited for the interaction to continue, but unless Bleda said something else it looked as though the Astropath had forgotten the rest.

He kept a watch on their surroundings.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 7:07 pm

Hydrako made a drawn out whispering sound, like the last breath of a dying man. He was sighing in irritation. Thank you for your illuminating appraisal Astropath. You may step back into line now...Tech Adept, was this transmission from the agent logged? Could you find out where the message was sent from? That message is the only thing out of line in while every other detail is in order, and also glaringly wrong. He waited for a reply before voxing to the squad in Draco cant,

I am open to suggestions as to what we do next. If Cassiel suggests putting a bolt through this useless fool, I may agree. Tracking down the message origin may be the best course as of right now. Nothing else is jumping out as an obvious start point
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 10:59 pm

The astropath breathes a sigh of relief that his time in the sun was over, though he hadnt seen sunlight in over 50 years.....

The tech adept buzzed a string of static-laced techna lingua before he spoke low gothic.
"It has been logged according to the protocols laid down in the martian code of vox related protocols. I have isolated the source to deep within the jungles to the east."
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2019 12:56 pm

"If I may be so bold, auxiliary lord millitant, Lord Governor," nodding to each in turn, "if you prepare to blow your reactors, please be sure that it cannot be done without full approval and security.  The fact that you have not been overwhelmed by the threat looming large in this sector is a mystery.  Whether you know it or not, this planet may hold secrets that are relevant far beyond.  I would not give you false hope to say you are safe, but if you have survived so long in the valley of death there must be a reason, and therefore no more reason to fear.  Today came with the same threat yesterday.  I have faith that tomorrow will as well."

Last edited by deaddmwalking on Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 11:20 pm

The commander-guy nods curtly. He would make sure it would be done.

The lord governor was not so ready to sell their lives, but he would do what was necessary.
"We will make sure this is taken care of with all necessary haste and security. In the meantime, is there anything we might be able to provide you with?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 5:02 pm

"Detailed and updated maps and data of the surrounding landscape."

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 11:43 pm

He nods and motions forward yet another of his attendants forward. He was a non-descript looking lad in a dirty, well worn jumpsuit.
"This is Egil Sanderson. He's the man in charge of the various mining corporations that have a stake here. He has all the information of the territories we've explored and categorized."

He steps forward, doing his best to hide his abstract terror at being in the sights of the emperor's angels.
"I....M'lord. I have archives worth of geological surveys and topographical maps of the surrounding areas back at my office."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 4:59 pm

Lucius gave a warm smile and nodded. "That is exactly the answer I was hoping to here, Egil. That will help us immeasurably. We will need them as soon as you are able."

He would leave the fear to Hydrako; Lucius was a winner of hearts and minds.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 11:36 pm

Very good commander, your willingness to deny the enemy our resources has been noted. He looked to the tech priest and continued, Is it possible to have the kill signal for the reactors sent from our ship in orbit? If there is a chance of infiltration, I'd like those I trust to hold the rune to the nuclear option, rather than those on the planet's surface. Whether the mortals took offence at that or not, Hydrako didn't care. They were his tools to use and complete the mission. Their sensitivities were not his concern. We should find the source of this signal first. Perhaps we can find the trail of the agent that sent it, and see where it went. The hunt begins now Draco. His gaze fell on Egil then, Take us to your office
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 12:03 am

The Lord Governor seemed hesitant to give power over the lives under his command to you, not for a bad reason.
Many unscrupulous inquisitors have condemned entire sectors to death, seemingly on a whim. They had to answer to know one for billions of lives they ended with the flick of a switch.

"It will be done, M'lord. Our lives are in your hands." Was all he could manage.

The Taurox doors open and the auxiliary lord militant beckons you inside.
"I will accompany you to Egil's offices, in case I will be of any use."

Egil stepped in with a pale look on his face.

The Tauroxes were small, cramped, unfit for an astartes, but they would suffice for now.

The ride was short, only 20 minutes or so. You pass a few checkpoints, each manned by a heavy bolter emplacement. The streets were near empty, the effects of martial law.

Unless any of you speak, there is an awkward silence as Egil and Auxillary lord militant keep their peace.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 5:37 am

Serephan looked around at the streets, empty as they were. The whole situation was just a big mess waiting for them to step into it. Of course, that was their job, be the best of the best of the best and get into those sticky situations. The mess awaited and they'd get the job done one way or another.

"Lovely place you got here..."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 11:20 am

Lucius had a jump pack, as he had come to rely on their advantages to mobility. As such, he stayed out of the Tauroxes to give more room to his brothers and any mortals who needed to travel inside.

He made quick jumps, careful not to startle any of the mortals at their checkpoints, but also clever enough to let them see his presence and boost their morale. If the Astartes were here, then victory was ensured. It didn't matter if it wasn't strictly true. He made sure they saw him with the sun behind him when possible. The message was clear: the Emperor's Angels had arrived.

He makes sure not to arrive at their destination before the Taurox.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 11:05 pm

Egil stays quiet under Serephan's comment.

It was the Lord Militant who spoke back, "I saw warriors with a teardrop sigil when I was a guardsman. I was a sergeant in the earlier days of the crusade. His gun barked dead and he weathered fire that would rip a normal man apart. So many years ago....."

His voice fades off as he relives memories from his youth.

The driver turns back and speaks to the lord militant, "Sir? Looks like one of the work crews is causing trouble at the main office."
"Whose crew?" Egil asks, suddenly feeling relevant.
"Unknown at the moment." the driver replies, "They are demanding reparations for the conscripts forced to mobilize and for time lost."
"They still think this is just a false alarm." the lord militant says.
"They have cobbled together weapons, poor quality, clubs and the like. Havent used them yet though." The driver says back.

"Shall I have the arbites brought in, or would you rather focre this work gang to disperse?" he asks you, a slight devious grin on his face."

"No violence." Egil snaps at the commandant. "Their concerns are valid. They dont know the depths of the situation. If we could inform them-"
"Absolutely not." he cuts him off. "I wont turn a labor squabble into a mass panic with excess knowledge. Im not against letting you speak to them, but if you fail im not risking anything."

Egil looks at you, wondering what side you would take......

Lucius moves from rooftop to rooftop. As they approached the offices he sees a gathered crowd around the squat structure. Many held impromptu signs of disgruntlement. Some held boards or equipment like weapons. They were shouting at the office, though from this distance it was hard to pick out any more details.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 1:21 pm

"Potential situation out here. Locals with makeshift weapons - looks to be a protest of some kind. I could intervene. How copy?" He sends this directly to the squad vox.

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 3:55 pm

Serephan knew they all had war stories to talk about, but nothing would compare with what he and his brothers had seen for so many decades. Their stories of bravery and triumph would make any other look like child's play. He let the Lord Militant reminisce by himself as the message from Lucius came over their squad vox.

He turned to the humans with them and offered his own take on the solution.

"Our friend outside, the one jumping through the air, has a way with words. He can disperse your crowd the non-violent way. And plus, he is already out there."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 10:55 pm

The lord militant looks at Egil, who held his hands out defensively,
"Just, Just try not to hurt them ok?"

"If you wish to do that we would not object" The lord militant responds to Serephan.
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 6:40 pm

"I want to help disperse the crowd. They would only be hurt if they are so foolish as to attempt violence against the Emperor's children."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 4:55 pm

Hydrako listened to the conversation roll around the compartment about the crowd. With Lucius already outside, and being somewhat sympathetic to the plight of the mortal, he assumed that the Nova Marine would take care of it. When he voxed to ask, Hydrako was reminded that he had overall say as to what would happen. Cassiel's offer to break up the workers would realistically be more heavy handed, so Hydrako went with his instincts. No. Hydrako raised a hand to quash any protest. Let Lucius deal with it. He is better suited to sway them with kind words. I would like us to deal with is painlessly, if possible. If it's not possible, you may help him Dark Angel. He spoke over the vox then, Break them up Lucius. Use your words to sway them.
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 9:16 am

"As you wish."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 2:11 pm

"Acknowledged."

Lucius unfurled the banner, allowing it stand a full body above him before rising to his full height and burning the jump pack high into the air. He landed expertly some ten meters away from the outer perimeter of the ground. The whine of his jump-engines and the thud of his ceramite boots made it hard for him to go unnoticed.

As always, his battle helm was off and clipped to his belt so that all might look upon his face, at once noble and savage. It was no accident. The perfect mixture of respect and fear could sway thousands.

When the crowd turned to regard him and inevitably fall silent at the Astartes suddenly among them, he let the silence linger for a handful of seconds. They needed to understand that the situation had irreversibly changed.

"What seems to be the problem here?" He asked in expert Low Gothic.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 12:01 am

The whistle of Lucius' falling form draws attention before he hits the ground.

the impact was enough to make 2 of the striking work force lose their balance and fall to the ground.
Their embarrassment went unnoticed, however as the sudden, violent deployment of a hulking angel of death sent them into a panic. They scatter, running every which direction in an attempt to increase the distance between Lucius and themselves.

After a minute, only 10 of them remained.

Were they frozen in terror? Or were they going to attack as it looked like they had been threatening just a moment before.

Nervous glances dart between them as they ponder life choices that lead them here.
They were stooped low, perhaps in order to prostrate themselves or turn tail and join thier fellows in the run.
"W-w-what are you?" one of them men, apparently the leader asks, "Are you an angel of death?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 7:55 am

"Only when I am standing before my enemies. I would hope that this isn't the case here."

He makes sure to look each person remaining straight in their eyes.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2019 10:19 pm

"N-n-no. Were just upset about not being able to work. W-w-we got families to feed and this isnt the first time we were forced to stop for the PDF to play soldier parade for the governor's amusement."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyWed May 01, 2019 10:44 pm

"Do I look amused to you?" He immediately shot back. His smile had faded. While he wasn't scowling, he was deadly serious. He took a step forward and stretched out his arms, wider than most of the men before him were tall.

"You stand before one of the Emperor's Angels of Death and still think this is an every day occurrence. Use your better judgement, unless you wish to be judged. Disperse now. There is no time for this - your work will commence in due time. Your families will not starve. I will see to that; Disperse."

The banner of Draco, freshly stitched with their most recent victories flew proudly above him.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu May 02, 2019 12:32 am

They disperse abruptly, peacefully and with extreme gusto.

It is at this time that the Taurox pulls up. The rear doors open and the Aux lord militant steps out along with Egil and the rest of Draco.

Egil looks at the empty lot. There was no blood so he was pleased with the results, if he wasnt too afraid of the astartes to show it.

"Inside the offices are all the maps I have." he says.

As you approach the doors they open and some of Egil's staff steps out. They had obviously barricaded the doors and were still pulling down the 2x4s holding the door shut.
"Thank the emperor!" one blurts out before seeing the hulking superhumans that were in his wake.
"By the emperor!" he stammers

"Give us a room and get all the geological surveys and topo's we have." Egil commands.
"Even the archives?" the assistant asks.
"Even the archives" he says.

He has you in a room with a single table. It was a break room with a single worn couch and a bar with a worn food-cooler unit. With you bulk you all barely fit in the room.

Egil had spead out the rolls upon rolls of maps on the table, taking up the entire surface.
There were 5 topographical surveys and geological surveys made since the colonization of the planet. The hivesprawal was growing at an adequate pace and concentrating its growth potential in the west and south. The jungles in that direction were less dense there; that and the mountainous/valleys in the other direction meant that a much higher population quotient would be needed before colonization would be appropriate there.
"Here is everything I have." he says, letting you inspect the data for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu May 02, 2019 10:18 am

Lucius was glad the situation had been handled without having to resort to violence. It gave him some hope that reason and words were as good an alternative of what he was often forced to resort to.

He looked over the maps carefully, again looking at the best defenses positions and anything important that others may have missed.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2019 12:32 am

You spend several hours looking over the maps and the relevant reports. You also receive a final farewell from the Soulsmear, it was obvious now that you would need no support at this time from the guns to quell a cult uprising.

At least not yet.

The Auxiliary lord militant had bid you farewell about an hour after your arrival. He had the mobilization to tend too and figured he was useless in a geographical quantity. He would be nearby should you need anything.

Egil sits on the single couch, having long ago left you to your duties, but remaining on had to assist in whatever way he could. Soon his snoring was heard as he succumbed to fatigue.

Everyone EXCEPT Hydrako and Lucius:
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2019 4:27 pm

Hydrako waited, and when the Taurox began moving again, he voxed simply, Thank you Lucius.

They all took in the maps and memorised the local geography, cross referencing and checking between the new and old maps to the best of their ability. They were not going into the jungle without intrinsic knowledge of the topography. Egil, Hydrako whispered while looking at a cracked paper copy, is there any local flora or fauna we should be aware of? This is not a deathworld, but a jungle world will still have its apex predators... He let the last statement hang as if it were a challenge.

Once the Auxiliary Lord Commander left, Hydrako spoke to the group to gather their thoughts and make a plan to move. Now that we have become familiar with this side of the planet, where have each of you concluded that the transmission came from?

Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2019 6:20 pm

"The machine spirit in my armor is behaving strangely. It appears to be indicating a point of interest to the north." Without Makradon, Cassiel didn't feel a diagnostic was possible.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2019 8:20 pm

Serephan spoke up as well in support of Cassiel, making sure it wasn't just a one off occurrence.

"Mine as well, just keeps moving over to that same positions one very map....strange."

He moves over and points to the location on the closest map.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptySat May 04, 2019 8:20 am

Lucius decided to see if this was a phenomenon or their power-armor's machine spirit trying to tell them all something.

He unhooked his battle helm, said a brief and silent prayer of awakening, and placed it over his head. With the armor fully locked in, he scanned the maps.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2019 8:20 pm

Lucius sees what the others see, his targeting reticle keeps moving to a spot in the north. A mostly unexplored region with many hills and valleys.....

"I was told his transmission came from the North," Egil says, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Nothing abnormal, there are a few plants that produce a rare sap that is crucial for the production of certain medicines and for chymists, at least thats what the magos biologis' told us." He said concerning what he knew about the goal of the hive.
"We'd have to ask a chymist to be sure. I dont know the in's and out's about the sap itself. I know it posses no harm to the men who harvest it. Besides that we have been establishing farmland in deforested areas. More so lately since we've heard nothing from the administratum about supply ships."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2019 8:45 pm

Lucius allows the machine spirits of his armor to lock onto the spot previously mentioned by his brothers, thanks it for its service, and removes his helmet.

"It is not an anomaly. The machine spirits of our power-armor are in agreement. Mine is showing me the same location." He extends a large, bionic finger and delicately places it on the map where his helmet had focused.

He looks at Egil. "Do you have any reason to believe that the tech priests-biologis would be lying or purposely hiding something from the governing body here?"

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 11:27 pm

Egil shrugs, "They're eccentric - I don't understand them....but Ive seen no reason to suspect the servants of the machine god."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2019 3:17 am

Hydrako felt something akin to disappointment when Egil said there was nothing dangerous except for plants out in the jungle. After he replied to Lucius he addressed the squad, we should check this place for clues. It's as good a place as any to start with I think. Egil we need transport out to this point. Do you have a flier we can use?
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2019 6:48 pm

"Well....we have a scout ornithopter like the Lord governor said, but it's only a two seater, and in bad shape. I'm not sure even one of you would fit inside it."

He studies the map again, "where exactly did you need to go?"
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2019 7:21 am

Cassiel stares at him suspiciously through his helm. However, without any way to show emotion it looks as though he is just looking at him as the last person to speak.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2019 3:42 pm

With the fliers not an option, Lucius would be on point and outside of any vehicle given the tactical flexibility that his jump pack allowed him.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2019 1:21 pm

Hydrako points to the map where everyone had been looking. I want you to take us there, or as close to there as you can manage. If we have to march through the jungle form the edge of the city then so be it. Is that Taurox still available? I want that to take us as far as possible since this planet is woefully under-equipped. He looks at the rest of the squad, waiting for questions or statements. If there are none, then he looks down at Egil once again. Quickly...
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2019 10:37 pm

Egil looks at the map. Not being privy to the inner workings of your power armor, he looks confused and perplexed, but in the end decides not to question the angel of death with creepy eyes and sharp teeth.
"The taurox was left here by the lord militant, but the best we can do is take you to the edge of the city. This northern sector here" he points to that closest part of the city, "Is not scheduled for processing for another decade."
He brings his hand back and shakes his head, "The jungle is just too thick for any of our vehicles."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC   Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 6 - War Eternal - IC
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next