A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General - OOC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 1:31 am

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 7:25 am

Sounds great. Thanks, Carn.

Character Concept: Skiitari (probably ranger) Hunter/Killer specializing in tech-fighting; specializations in Security skill for hacking, bugging, controlling rogue tech; good long range fighter. Lots of EMP and the like as well.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 11:35 am

Iron and Metal wrote:

Character Concept: Skiitari (probably ranger) Hunter/Killer specializing in tech-fighting; specializations in Security skill for hacking, bugging, controlling rogue tech; good long range fighter. Lots of EMP and the like as well.

Sounds great. What do you think about my home brewed Skitarii background?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 12:45 pm

I plan on giving it a good look in a bit. It would be awesome if Wendigo could link us to those supplements here; computer access is much easier for me to navigate than phone for such a document.

They actually had a profile for a Skitarii ranger in that supplement, so it might be worth cross checking them and seeing what we agree and disagree with there.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 7:16 am

If we are talking vehicles, when we deploy to the surface of the planet, it would be very fitting for my PC to have a M.U.L.E. vehicle - an Onager Dunecrawler for example - to cover the flank and support the main team. This way she can still engage in long-range warfare, but also still technically be on legs rather than wheels or tracks, something that is symbolically very important to a Skitarii Ranger.

Is this doable, Carn?

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 3:32 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
If we are talking vehicles, when we deploy to the surface of the planet, it would be very fitting for my PC to have a M.U.L.E. vehicle - an Onager Dunecrawler for example - to cover the flank and support the main team. This way she can still engage in long-range warfare, but also still technically be on legs rather than wheels or tracks, something that is symbolically very important to a Skitarii Ranger.

Is this doable, Carn?

Yup.

I'll be putting together a list of Vehicles/Troops/Support you have available to you so get you requests in for consideration otherwise I will just do what I think best.

FYI - Your explorator ship doesn't have massive cargo bays so some things might not fit or be hard to get to a planet surface. Need to look into how big Heavy Lifters are.

Last edited by Carnelian on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 3:33 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
I plan on giving it a good look in a bit. It would be awesome if Wendigo could link us to those supplements here; computer access is much easier for me to navigate than phone for such a document.

They actually had a profile for a Skitarii ranger in that supplement, so it might be worth cross checking them and seeing what we agree and disagree with there.

There is a link in the resources section. Mars Needs Women supplement is in the Homebrew Mega Folder

You'll find your Ranger Role in the homebrew section.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 8:38 am

I believe that last bit was posted before that had happened; as it stands, I am well-ready and prepped with all of our resources. Thanks, Carn and Wendigo; you guys are killin' it.

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 12:40 pm

Ok, proposal for the twelve teeth of the cog

The twelve teeth of the cog:
This group of twelve senior tech-priests are tasked to advise the fabricator-explorator in their respective fields. Each is specialized in one of the 12 major divisions of knowledge active amongst the priesthood. When facing large-scale challenged, this council provides insight from all branches of knowledge.
Factor (Archmagos Augustus Faraday-Gauss) Masters of social science, psychology and hypno-conditioning
Biologis (TBD) Masters of biology, genetic modification and life sciences
Logis (TBD or Magos Zindalus) Master of data-processing, statistics and data preservation
Secutor (TBD) Master of the science of warfare and tactics
Artisan (TBD) Master of fabrication, assembly and creation of technological objects
Dominus (TBD) Master of servitors and the coordination of machine-spirits
Materius (TBD) Master of the creation of mater in its manifold forms
Technicus (Magos Foreal Dashan OR our assassin) Master of repair and maintenance of the blessed machine, as well as archeotech
Alchemys (TBD) Master of chemical production
Physic (TBD or Magos Zindalus) Master of physics, astronomy and the rules of the physical universe
Explorator (TBD or Magos Zindalus) Master of the pursuit of ancient knowledge and the exploration of the galaxy
Juris: (Magos Electro-priest Julius Anthetos) Denying themselves the quest for knowledge, they are those closest to the will of the machine-god and those who pursue tech-heresy.

Ideally, each of our tech-priests should be members. I remember @Richard mentionning an enginseer cover, so he could easily be a Magos Technicus or Artisan; and @Heath s Zindalus could easily be Logis, Physic or explorator
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 1:56 pm

Here's a link to my aptitude-system adaption of Deathwatch's Tactics. Just Keyword Search "Tactics" and you will find it.

https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com/t145-house-rules-updated-play-mechanics

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Can those you haven't yet please update equipment and the associated stats to their main sheets. No real rush but I will then review what you all have compared to each other and perhaps those I deem lacking may get a present.
Back to top Go down
blackadder

blackadder

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 2:12 pm

I've done it.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 11:04 am

Here is a link to an old FFG forum of a guy who decided to port Mechanicus rules for the Only War system: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/196137-mechanicum-only-skitarii/

I haven't looked it over in depth yet, but it might have some nice extras for us - or potential retcons.

Their Skitarii Ranger Creation Rules:

Personally, I am loving those comrade upgrades. I'll keep those in mind for the future. What's interesting is how nerfed their version of the galvanic rifle is, while their Skitarii Ranger Battlehelm is badass; if we are still good to go, I would like to add their battlehelm to my standard equipment list.

And the search that allowed me to find this page in the first place:

Their Onager Dunecrawler Template:

Again, I havent had a chance to cross reference this with the "Mars Needs Women" supplement, so I don't know where they are strong or weak.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 12:37 pm

ok sure, it mostly has kit you have elsewhere anyway.

Skitarii Ranger Helm
AP: 5 Head
Special: Deadspace Earpiece, Microbead, Preysense Goggles, Rebreathers, Respirator/Gas Mask, Pict recorder, Targeter

I'm cool with that being standard kit for Rangers but it might mean you loose the omniscope? You could still take a red dot and a telescopic scope on the rifle.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 1:02 pm

Are you saying that for balance? The Omni-scope as is is already redundant - but a galvanic rifle without a scope for a sharpshooter seemed silly. Again, now with the helmet a scope itself is redundant so, I am going to reconceptualize the weapon.

All attachments are small and digital and feed directly into Zahleezah's bionic eyes or ranger helm.

I'll take that red dot though. Hell yeah.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 2:38 pm

Where is the telescopic sight coming from? Its not on the helm or your bionic eyes as far as I can see.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 2:43 pm

It was the Omniscope, which includes telescopic.

I am saying it is essentially worthless because of talents that negate range penalties (marksman).

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 3:54 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
It was the Omniscope, which includes telescopic.

I am saying it is essentially worthless because of talents that negate range penalties (marksman).

Mechanically yeah but its still about being able to clearly see your target. Which could be something small. Do you get where I'm coming from?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 5:17 pm

I don’t mind if it’s on the weapon at all. But logically it doesn’t make sense as you would never look through a scope through a completely covered helmet. Ya dig?

I’d be down to run with it as a sort of high tech scope that USB (lol) plugs into the helmet and feeds a high resolution image of downrange into her HUD. How does that sound?

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 4:44 am

I'll be updating this soon. Ill at the moment so thats delaying things.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 12:26 am

Posting Wendigo’s LINE comment here for discussion...

Athena Project

Phase 1 organs

a) Second heart: Much like the astartes, a second heart is necessary for the further implantation process. The body will need to take in vast amounts of nutrients, and the densification process will reduce the volume pumpable by a single heart. In addition, the second heart serves as a safeguard in combat, allowing a certain modularity in organs. (Boost tough & str)

b) Fractal Alveoli: The second implant is placed on the summit of each lung. These release a special hormone that leads to a restructuring of the alveoli of the lung. Each alveoli restructures into a fractal volumetric shape. This increases the surface area to absorb oxygen 1000 times, allowing them to extract breath from even the thinnest atmospheres and water. In addition, the tubes created by the fractal structure are too small for even complex organic molecules, protecting the subject from airborne poisons & particulates. This structure is necessary for the Osseomuscola to function, as it requires vast volumes of oxygen.

c) Osseomuscola: The first implant is a small series of organs implanted in the bone marrow of the hip bones, two in the lower leg bones and one in the spine. Over a relatively short period (a few weeks) the bones and muscles of the subject densify. The bone achieves a triangular (rather than the usual hexagonal) structure, as well as a dense face-center-cubic configurations. This process is exceedingly painful, though the pain is mitigated by activating the hormonal effects of childbirth, allowing most subjects to survive. This reduction in size increases neural density while reducing neuron length, serving as a precursor to further modifications (Reduce size to small, increase toughness & strength, precursor to Pe boost)
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 2:06 am

Broadly ok. Its hard to judge without seeing the whole.

I am open to you being a degree down the process of research already. Implants need Researching, Growing and then Implanting... correct? Where do you think a good point would be? Obviously not just starting out research because that will take years.

I see there being failures and defects in the process.

I also see there being a reasonably high mortality rate.

One thing I disagree with is the Osseomuscola implant making them 'size - small'. That size is significantly smaller than average humans, you're not creating Ratlings & Gretchin.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 4:04 am

Carnelian wrote:

I am open to you being a degree down the process of research already. Implants need Researching, Growing and then Implanting... correct? Where do you think a good point would be? Obviously not just starting out research because that will take years.

I see there being failures and defects in the process.

I also see there being a reasonably high mortality rate.

One thing I disagree with is the Osseomuscola implant making them 'size - small'. That size is significantly smaller than average humans, you're not creating Ratlings & Gretchin.

I am also assuming augustus has been working on this for decades. As for failures & defects, and a high mortality rate, that would be fairly normal (like the space marine process).

As for the size thing, i still think it's quite important. It would probably be more feasible when the implantee is still a child/early adolescent, and could not reasonably be achieved with an adult (as we are doing now)

As said on the group chat, I will try to come up with a full list this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General - OOC   General - OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

General - OOC
Page 1 of 1