A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General OOC

Go down 
+3
Gurkhal
DonQwaf
Murcurie
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

General OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 1:11 pm

Slythe needs no prep work.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 4:22 pm

LETS DO THIS!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 6:57 pm

I’m ready. Let’s get it.

How long will it take us to get to the first way station - and each after that? Can we assume we asked him/it’s been asked if the barkeep?

Sent from Topic'it App

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 12:44 am

Its about 40 miles to the monastery, which I think would take 2-3 days. There are 3 way-stations roughly evenly spaced with the first a bit over half a day out.

I'll update IC later today.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 1:53 am

Serestre is ready to go.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 7:31 am

To respond to your text, I wasn't sure exactly why I rolled in the IC thread. Now that you mention it, however, I think I subconsciously did it because there isn't a dedicated OOC for the game.

I am down to place rolls wherever you'd prefer.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 8:11 am

An oversight on my part, now fixed.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 8:15 am

How about a talent for shield-wielders that gives them the opportunity to potentially stun with a shield attack?

Shield Bash (Tier 1; WS & Offense): The warrior slams their shield into their opponent with enough force to interrupt their concentration, as well as causing damage. As a standard attack, the player may choose to attack their enemy with their shield. Standard rules to the attack apply; if successful, the attack deals 1d5 damage, and the enemy must pass a +20 toughness test or be stunned for 1 round +1 round/DoF.

I figure this is a pretty low level talent, but perhaps it can be part of a talent tree that makes it more powerful the higher the tiers get: increased damage die/more difficult toughness tests/etc.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 3:25 pm

I like it, but...

For a Tier 1 talent even with the +20 to the test a stun per DoF is pretty powerful. Stun also totally locks someone down.

What about something like; make a toughness test or be 'staggered' putting you at a half action for your next action. Only effective against foes in the characters size [x] and lower at the GMs discretion.

I'm mulling over making it 1 round of stagger per 2 DoF (notice I removed the +20 you gave), but that might make a Tier 2 talent.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 5:03 pm

The +20 is for the enemy’s toughness test to avoid stunning. It should make it a weaker talent.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 1:46 am

hmm... I suppose I could always nerf it if I think its to powerful...

So how about
Tier 1
Aptitudes - I'm going to think about this but I'm considering ... Strength & Defence alongside your proposition.
The warrior slams their shield into their opponent with enough force to interrupt their concentration, as well as causing damage. As a standard attack, the player may choose to attack their enemy with their shield. Standard rules to the attack apply; if successful, the attack deals 1d5 damage, and the enemy must pass a +20 toughness test or be stunned for 1 round. Only effective against foes in the characters size [x] and lower at the GMs discretion.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 9:24 am

I think making a size restriction is unnecessary. Bigger creatures are already likely, or should, have higher toughness - up to and including unnatural toughness. Size exists for one reason in the rule system, and that is to provide bonuses or penalties to hit essentially.

Unless they have a talent/trait that makes them immune to being stunned, there should always be the possibility of it happening, even if that possibility is low.

As the talent tree improves and the tier goes up, I would suggest lowering the toughness test and increasing rounds stunned.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General OOC
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2