A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC

Go down 
+7
Gurkhal
mruozu
Hydrako
Azza
insane935
bobarctor1977
Carnelian
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Gurkhal
Senpai

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 4:14 am

Bleda looks at Ironbound.

"I'm not the negotiator here but I find it unlikely. My orders are to protect you from harm and that's what I will do until further orders comes along. As for you freedom. If we were not concerned with your opinion we would have used force of arms to force your cooperation. And as you will have noted, we have not done so. But if we were dispassionate about who you went with, we would not have this stand off with the Ecclesiarchy either."
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 2:06 pm

Seraphan ground his teeth tastine the blood as his fangs cut his lips, this Cardinals impudence was becoming tiresome he opened his vox again

"The cardinal either has a high estimation of his troops or he is underestimating us, let us hope he does not push this further and have to be stripped of his delusions."
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Cassiel voxes to Seraphan on a squad only channel, "It looked to me that Ironbound took a spike to the chest during the fighting. Bring him to the Cardinal. We are not well prepared to revive him with our limited resources. As a matter of principal we should fulfill our oaths, but he is useless dead. We can confirm our orders and pursue him if necessary." Cassiel makes sure that the last sentence is marked with anticipation. He fully expected that their communications were being decoded in real time... if Seraphan and the others understood his true intention, this could buy more time.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 12:10 am

One of the adeptus sororitas say, in no small voice.
"Master cardinal, why tarry here? They will not part peacefully with the target. We will have to take him by force. Valorous heart ready!"

As if on queue, the sororitas raise their weapons, the 'click' of bolter slides sounding almost in unison.

He partially turns and holds out a hand towards them, "Hold your fire. Euphyra is not here and I am the one in charge! Or have you forgotten your blessed mandate?"

They speak nothing, still holding weapons at the ready.

He looks back at Albrect, "I know that my need trumps all others brother Albrect. It was issued by the holy inquisition. I need no other reason."

He looks back to the sororitas, eager to do the blessed work of the throne and then to Draco, the angels of the emperor.
"Im afraid this is our last chance for peaceful resolution. What will you decide?"
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 2:05 am

Bleda sends on the vox. "The cardinal is still keeping his damn blank close to him."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 7:19 am

His patience wore thin.

Lucius reaches out and twists the assassin's head with a flick of his wrist. The crack of the neck is instantaneous. The body falls limp. His combat blade is in his hand in a second; the assassin's heart in his fist just after that.

He tore into it, taking a quick bite. He would know who sent her.

+++

He left the body lying and approached Khol. He'd been monitoring the squad comms; Bleda's last transmission confirmed who they were parlaying with.

"Khol, start closing the distance between us and them. Go on foot and if it comes to it, find and eliminate the blank."

Spoiler:

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 8:38 am

Seraphan's head turned sharply to regard Cassiel he paused for two heartbeats then spoke
"Understood." he tried to make it biting as if he was unhappy at the command as he turned walking back towards the collection of huddled mortals he stopped towering above Cadeite and spoke allowing hos words to be heard outside of the private vox of the sqaud
"Iornbound, our Sargent has decided you best chance at life is to go with the Cardinal" he bends and lifts the injured man holding him with his face turned towards his chest trying to keep him obscured form the enemy and Seraphan was glad for his armours filters keeping to intoxicating smell of the mans blood from him, he turned and began making his way towards the Cardinal
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 9:09 am

Over the vox to the squad Bleda sends.

"Lucius and Khol, I don't know where you are, but the cardinal is here with a whole load of Sororitas, some 40 of them, and seven vehicles to back them up. Cassiel is negotiatinig with the cardinal but if you hear intense bolter fire as you make it back, then you now that negotiations have failed. They are here for Ironbound."
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 2:29 pm

With the flames going deep underground, Ambrose went to join his fellows. He had no idea what the problem was, but feeling the tension went to find high ground above the meeting. The presence of a dreadnought towering above a crowd tended to calm them down.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 6:56 pm

The retreat of the beast disgusted Hydrako. He had been looking forward to claiming another species of Tyranid for his collection. As Ambrose filled the hole with fire, he turned and strode towards the gathering, lumbering in beside Albrecht. He was still curious about the Templar. His weapons remained in hand, but they were silent, for now. Speaking into his gorget he appraised Lucius of the situation also. Be prepared to enter the fray on wings of fire Lucius. I doubt these fools will be dissuaded by our show of arms, or reason for that matter. I am with Albrecht as he tries to temper the Cardinal's hubris with logic. Listen for his screams and you will know where to find me. Having finished his appraisal, Hydrako went silent and began sharpening his teeth
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 2:30 am

Micah grabs Serephan in an attempt to stop him which was more of a gesture than a full strength attempt.
"Like hell you will." he says harshly

"No, let him speak." Caedite says, trying to keep Curas' anger from spilling over. "It's not a bad idea."

"Bullshit Grimm. Once they find out your not me theyre going to kill you, then and there. No court martials or due process."

Grimm shrugs, "I got a giant hole in my chest. If that doesnt kill me then some throne-damned xenos will. Look at me Micah, Im old. My children are all dead, and Im just an old fogey in the middle of a war of attrition against a numberless enemy. There are worse ways to go than a bullet."

Curas shakes his head, "Ive already lost too much today. My father....Del...."

Caedit shrugs, "War ain't pretty son. We all go see the golden throne sooner or later."
He holds out his hand to Curas, his wizened face full of pride.
"It was an honor sir."
With resignation, Micah shakes his hand, most likely for the last time.
"The honor was all mine."

He slumps his shoulders, and lets Serephan walk his closest friend into the jaws of death."

Lucius' head is filled with bizarre and maddening ritualistic bloodshed.
The women were from a death cult, those strangely necessary bodies of the imperium that were used to kill individuals.

You saw things, things that most sane factions of the imperium would deem heresy.
Murders.....collecting skulls.... distilling of blood into vile drink......these were but a few of the more mundane things this particular cult did on a regular basis.

Your mind swims with the memories of drug induced killings that lit inside him something akin to sexual desire, something you may or may not even recollect from your days on Honorum, before you were gifted the geneseed of the chapter. Somewhere deep inside, you regret the loss of such primal urges. Your sense of duty overrode them quickly. How such cults were accepted as a necessary in the wider imperium was something you would have to come to grips with.

Through sheer willpower, you push past these things for what you were looking for, and only a single memory even came close.
It was after a savage blooding ceremony where a new task was to be taken. The death-mistress announced that the cult had been hired to guard someone of some importance. They were to keep him isolated until the employer would come to get him.

All you had was a single name the death-mistress gave:
Arkelius

Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 3:49 am

Seraphan looks at Curas, his helm impassive as always but he speaks
"If it helps he goes in the shelter of an Angels wings. If it is in my power no further harm will come to it. I swear it by the Great Angel himself." He wanted to say more but for the purpose of their ruse he could not and he began the walk towards the gathered forces of the Ministorum his eye lenses fixed on the Cardinal.
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 5:09 am

Sending over the vox, directed to Cassiel with more than a tone of accusation.

"By the Throne are we surrendering our objective? We have our orders and now we're just bending over these people after having done all the work? Making you the team leader was a clear mistake given your lack of mettle, Cassiel! I say we kill these fools and not just hand Ironbound over to them!"
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 6:06 am

Cassiel doesn't have to pretend to feel a sudden surge of anger. He almost forgets his own plan as he responds while Seraphan continues his slow walk toward the Cardinal's forces. Cassiel pulls his helmet off and barks back, "Remember your oath, Destroyer!. After a deep breath he continues, carefully moderating his tone. "Bleda, let us not come to blows. I know how you feel, and I agree - we found Ironbound, we stood next to him in battle, we preserved his life against impossible odds. If we hadn't been here, the Cardinal would have nothing of his mission. By rights, we should complete the mission. But Albrecht is right. We're all on the same side. The mission is more important than glory. Our cardinal knows that to defy the orders of the Inquisition is to commit treason and prove he is to be counted among the enemies within. If that is his choice, there will be no place where he can be safe in this galaxy or beyond. In that case Draco will request new orders to hunt him and recover our prize. But we need new orders. We were not instructed to lay waste to the Ordo Hereticus.". Cassiel makes sure that it is clear his next comments are directed at the Cardinal. Because of course we could. We deeply respect the Sororitas both for their faith and their combat prowess, but nothing in this galaxy compares to a squad of Astartes - bred for war by the Emperor himself. We are the tip of the spear that cannot be blunted and cannot be turned aside. To pick a fight with the Astartes is to choose immolation. Bleda, while we would undoubtedly win the fight, Ironbound would not.". Cassiel concludes, "I don't like it, but I see the Emperor's hand in this. If we hadn't been here, the mission would have failed. But we are not babysitters. We have already done so much to rescue this planet for the Empire and I for one do not want to leave our mission unfinished. If Ironbound is safe we are free to pursue the beast into the tunnels. Let Ironbound save the sector while we finish saving this planet."

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 2:03 pm

The Cardianl looks Caedite up and down as he paced around him.

Grimm's chest rises and falls with pain on every breath. He eyes the cardinal evenly, leaning on his debris board for support.

"What is your name?" The cardinal asks.
"Ironbound." he says flatly.
"Your real name?" Richeliu specifies
"Micah Curas, assistant tempestor prime-"
"That will be fine." he cuts him off, "What is your mission here?"
"To monitor and assist with resistance elements against the tyranids, until further notice is given."
"And did these astartes tell you why they are here?"
"Take me back to crusade command. Something about me being able to stabilize the front."
The Cardinal leans in close to Grimm, "Oh, much much more than that my friend. You will be amazed at the amount of work we can do together."
"I dont see how." Grimm replies.
"You dont need to, not yet anyways."

He lets Grimm alone and looks to Serephan, "Ill take it from here brother astartes. I thank you for your wisdom."

He turns and faces the sororitas, who have seemed to ease up.
"Our goal is accomplished here. We're moving out."
He half turns and motions for Grimm to follow. he does so, slowly and before he boards one of the Rhino's, he turns and gives a last look towards you, and Mich in his shadow spot.
He steps in, and the ramp closes.

Once they are all boarded up, the column turns and leaves, headed back towards the large outpost, where they would head back to the main hive.

With them gone, Lucius and Khol were able to link back up, passing the other assassin the Cardinal had left in the dust.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 2:16 pm

The Cardinal fell to the ruse. Just like that, their mission went from balancing on a knifes edge to completed without a shot fired. As the column left, Hydrako voxed privately to Seraphan, that was very well played Apothecary. You played the Cardinal for a fool, though I was looking forward to eating his heart. He  lumbered to Lucius and Khol, curious about their cargo with its missing heart. He looked at Lucius and could detect traces amounts of blood on his breath. Very good, he thought. What did you find Brother? he said, gesturing at the corpse.
Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Seraphan smiled behind his helm, glad it hid his face as the Cardinal - so sure of his own authority and power accepted the ruse the Sanguinary Preist voxs Cassiel "Inspired piece of deception Brother-Sargent."

"I cannot claim credit - I took my cue from Brother-Sargant Cassiel. I too wish that I could have gorged myself on that pompus fools blood - but the Sororitas would have been unnecessary casualties, I would not wish to have their blood on my hands."

The Blood Angel returns to Miach and kneels "I know your concern for your comrade is great but he sacraficed himself for the Emperor - and if there is anything I can do to repay him you must simply name it."
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 3:16 pm

Ambrose was a tad disappointed. Part of him wanted a satisfying end to battle, and the insectile Meganob had disappointed him by fleeing. He went to see if he could help the guardsmen, they seemed a bit more interesting than the current spectacle.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 4:18 pm

Lucius burned into the mining facility, body of one of the assassins in hand. His back banner - Draco's banner - whipped loudly above him. He dropped the body with a thump as Khol pulled into the facility behind him.

He was pleased to be with his brothers again. He moved to Seraphan first. "You defeated the foe without once drawing your weapon." He smiled broadly. "At no other point in this mission has anything surprised me as much as this. Well done, brother." He had listened to the dialogue as he flew over, and looked over to Cassiel with an approving nod. It had been a great strategy.

He regarded Hydrako and held out his bionic, armored fist to slam against the terminator's holy gauntlet. He looked at the assassin and then back at his brother. "We have a bigger issue on our hands. Where is Curas?"

Back to top Go down
insane935
Senpai
insane935

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 4:24 pm

"Roger that, pal.", he says before making his sprint towards the relief force. Khol didn't hesitate from Lucius' order, he wanted to run. All the driving made him feel like an automatron. Running gave him freedom on where he needed to go. He trends as fast his body lets him, trying to cover much ground.

"Impressive...", Khol thought to himself as he caught his breath from his recent run. He was getting worried on having to kill Albrecht's fellow associates.

Last edited by insane935 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 5:44 pm

"We still have to get off this rock without revealing our hand," Cassiel observes with his helmet removed without the use of the vox. "I didn't mean to put Grimm in any danger - the cardinal's forces will be able to keep him alive - staying here through our evac probably would have killed him. He's going where we're going so we're going to have another chance at this."
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 12:40 am

Albrecht was lucky that he wore his helm as Serephan sold Cassiels dupe as his expression was one of disbelief. He was prepared to end the Cardinals life and fight the sisters of battle. It would have been a grim task but he would not be denied Draco's objective. He would have said prayers for the fallen afterward as while they were misguided they were the Emperor's servants.

It was a relief to not have to make the killing blow although there would have been no hesitation.

Albrecht was surprised at Cassiel's subterfuge although perhaps not so much when he considered the Dark Angels heritage.

"Well played Serephan, Cassiel."
was all Albrecht said over vox
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 6:17 am

Makradon had watched it all transpire, calculating the odds of success, the odds of their victory, and the odds of escaping the situation all-together should it come to it. These calculations were instantaneous, but before he could begin work on jamming comms for the coming battle, it was all over. Not a shot fired.

Had he more emotion, the tech-marine would have shrugged his shoulders, but he simply lumbers over to the others, letting them speak first.

"Optimal outcome achieved, Serephan, Cassiel. Odds were not strong for that, but it would appear we have achieved it."
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 8:20 pm

"That went well." Bleda was a actually a bit suprised that the cardinal had fallen for it although the next they, if they would so do it, they crossed paths the discussion might not be so cordial.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 10:42 pm

He reached out struck Lucius a blow full in the chest, harder than necessary given his bulk. I have not seen the target, though I am curious about the boy. Surviving this long gives him....potential. His head scans the area looking for the boy. He then turns away to find him with his brother. He loomed over the pair, ignoring the elder of the two. Carus, do you want revenge? I can promise you revenge when you come with us. You will reap bloody swathes through the xenos if you survive. Given your survival here, I believe you will. He reaches out and clamps a gauntlet on the boy's shoulder. Come. You have much to see, and Ironbound will be with us. He stands next to the boy with his gauntlet firmly clamped on his shoulder while he listens to Lucius and Curas' exchange.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 1:41 am

Curas looks at Serephan. He reminded Serephan of a wounded animal who was perhaps more dangerous when wounded.
"Today, I lost my father, a son, and one of my best friends. What do you think you could possibly do?"

Carus, still standing over the body of his eldest brother with Del's lover and his surviving brother, still crying, nods his assent. When Hydrako reaches out for him he instinctively backs away.

After all, here was this guy the size of a tank, with pale grey skin and pointy teeth, offering blood and vengeance to a grief stricken 12 year old.

Mag stands and removes the tears from her eyes. Wiping them dry on her fatigues, she grabs a lasgun and moves to Curas.
"Orders sir?" she said with a voice that was as ragged as her soul.
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 5:02 am

"Once this position has been relieved, I would like to bring you and the survivors of your band with us. With little exception our team makes poor company." Cassiel tries to smile in what he Hope's is a reassuring way, but the hypno-training and uncountable days of training and duty have left little of the camaraderie and small talk that Imperial Guardsman seem to value above all else.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 7:17 am

as Hydrako moved away, Lucius approached Ironbound, still dragging the body of his last kill. He set it down in such a way that it wouldn't spook those who had recently undergone such trauma, but so that that interested parties could look upon it.

"I was able to extract some information from this would-be assassin. Tell me, does the name 'Arkelius' mean anything to you?"

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 7:32 am

Albrecht looked amongst his brothers, their discipline was terrible. Were they not in a warzone. Had a tyranid monstrosity not been here minutes previously. Was their target secured and safe... no he was not.

Albrecht opens squad vox "Brothers, where is our defensive perimetre, our objective is not safe here and yet you all linger and talk." the templars speaks in an admonishing tone.

His jumppack burns and he takes to the sky "I will take a high point until extraction is arranged."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 5:44 pm

As Carus backed away, Hydrako moved closer whispering, Do not back away boy. I am not the most terrifying thing you have seen today, though I may be the most dangerous. The depths of the void were warmer than the eyes sizing him up now. Hydrako took another step forward and reached out a gauntlet to Carus, urging him to come willingly. Come boy. I will not ask again.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 12:07 am

Curas nods to Cassiel without speaking.

To Lucius question, he replies:
"Arkelius......Arkelius.....The name does ring a bell. I believe my father mentioned the name. Maybe its someone in his command staff?"
He doesn't sound like he had ever actually met anyone with that name. Though its possible he could have and forgotten; after all, he was the son of a salient commander. Someone in his position would have met hundred of commanders of men.

Albrect takes to a higher vantage point and sees something headed your way from the north, though it was airborne and leaking thick black smoke.....
He also sees the astra millitarum's column headed your way from the south-west, towards the small city and Donovan's location.

Carus doesn't step closer, but doesn't back away either.
He looks to Benton for guidance. Benton was the same emotional mess as he was, he could only stare at what was happening and had no advice for his little brother.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 11:26 am

Lucius nods and without offering any explanation moves off to a safe spot to gun his jump pack. He found a perch opposite of Albrecht. The Templar was right; they were being lax, but given what they had just faced and thwarted, he had deemed it a justifiable laxity.

"Quite right, Albrecht. How is the perimeter?"

He burns high up, letting the flag of Draco fly as a symbolic victory over the landscape.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 12:05 pm

Either the fatigue of battle, his poor use of language, or a combination of the two left Hydrako unable to even utter a phrase as the boy backed away. He had nothing else with which to threaten Carus other than violence. It was a strong indicator of the one dimensional-ness of his character. He lacked the required depth needed to deal with mortals other than killing them. He could see this opportunity to Cull a candidate from the herd, and he was letting it slip away. His anger flared at that and he moved as a blur to grab the boy instead. If words failed, perhaps physical persuasion would work...
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 12:25 pm

Albrecht noted the Imperial Guard column moving in but his focus was on whatever was approaching by air, it appeared damaged. Who else had an interest in Iron Bound and the resources to acquire aerial transport... was it the inquisitor?

"Brothers we have an astra millitarum's column headed in from the south-west and a possibly damaged and unidentified aerial craft heading in from the north."

Last edited by Carnelian on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 2:46 am

Makradon, having rewinded the footage caught in his internal memory banks for later perusal, gives voice to those around.

"Shall I try to lock in on their comms and see what they are up to?"
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 10:51 am

Carus continued to back away, and by this point Hydrako saw that perhaps withdrawing and regrouping for another attack later may be more prudent. He had no issue taking the boy by force, but if these mortals were coming with them then he saw no reason to chase the target away now. Stopping in his tracks, he drew his hand back and turned to face the others as they conversed. More than likely, the ship will be carrying the Inquisitor. She has an uncanny ability to show up unannounced.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 1:42 am

Even with obvious engine trouble, the aeronautica outpaces the column by a few minutes. Its flight was tremendously haphazard. It was clear they would have to set down soon or risk a crash. Likely it was the same reason your own valkyrie had not made it.

It lands just outside your outpost, roughly. It was the same aquilia lander that brought you down to the planet. The hatch opens and half a dozen enginseers filter out and begin ministering to the vehicle, cleaning air intakes mostly, but running oils through special filters ect.

Out into the hot ash wastes steps the inquisitor, Ezu Graihle. Her golden power armor reflects the light like a beacon for long lost ships at sea. Ignoring the enginseers, she strides towards you.
"Draco, its been a few days. What do you have to report?" before you can answer, her eyes are drawn to the assassin that Richeliu had left.
"A vindicare? Here?" she looks at Cassiel, eyes full of questions and voice full of concern. "I hope he didn't incapacitate anyone?"
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 10:21 am

"Incapacitate anyone? Not that we know of. We did see indications that some of the Cardinal's forces had been ambushed in the wastes. Lucius and Khol were attacked, but survived. The Cardinal brought this one and says he was also attacked, but he also appears unhurt. He was here, trying to take Ironbound, by force if necessary. He did not." Cassiel smiles, then adds, "but he is under the impression that he did, for how much longer I know not."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 1:16 am

Ezu's face twisted into something you had not seen yet.
"Cardinal? What Cardinal? There's no major ecclesiarchy forces here in the command center's databanks."
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 4:56 am

"A fake? That doesn't seem possible. He was supported by squads of Soritas and several immolators. Perhaps the mission was secret?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 8:15 am

Lucius listened to the exchange through the squad comms. He too doubted that with such a show of force the Cardinal could have been an imposter. It was not completely out of the question, but seemed unlikely.

Much more likely was as Cassiel had put it - clandestine. The fact that both Vindicare and Blood Cult assassins were present confirmed that.

With the Valkyrie heavily damaged, he sent a word to Makradon. "Makradon, if that Valkyrie is our only chance of fast exfil, perhaps you can speed up the job for the enginseers."

Other than that, he continued to provide cover with Albrecht.

Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 11:15 am

And Bleda continues to keep a watch over Ironbound. Ever mindful that there could be more assassins out ther and we wouldn't know when the cardinal saw throught their bluff.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 12:54 pm

She shakes her head. "There were no large ecclesiarchal forces on the planet before planet wide vox was shot. If someone as high ranking as a cardinal came here, it was after that. In any case, do we have ironbound?"

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 3:05 am

Albrecht butts in from on high “He called himself Confessor Richeliu and presented an inquisitorial seal."
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 7:41 pm

"It would take more than a high ranking Cardinal for us to fail in our mission. Would you like to speak to him yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 1:12 am

Her face, always a stern statue, grew just a little less accommodating.
"A Cardinal Richeliu with an inquisitorial seal? This is something I will have to look into."

She looks at Cassiel, "If we have Ironbound then that wont be necessary. Is he here or is he not?"
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 7:36 am

"He is here." Cassiel presents Micah to the Inquisitor.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 12:16 am

She bows her head to Curas as a sign of respect.

"Ironbound. We have come a long way to retrieve you for the achilus crusade command, a direct request from warmaster Tetrarchus. I am inquisitor Ezu Ghraile of the ordos xenos."
His face was hard and stern, but that was most likely a result of the kind of day he was having.
"Lady, I dont care who you are. All I care about is what you want with me? Why am I so fething important?"
Her posture lost all hint of formality as she stands straight again.
"Ah salt of the Imperium type eh? I can work with that. Honestly, we dont know why your so important. The warmaster did not reveal that. And your presence is not in any official records. Draco here has been searching this planet for days looking for you."
There was a pause, but he stayed silent so she kept going on, "He said you held the key to keeping the salient from falling. With the presence of the officio and ecclesiarchy, I'm beginning to think the result hoped for is more political than anything else."
"Because of my father?"
"Who is your father?" she asks, still unaware of his true identity.
He hesitates to say more, looking at you to see if you recommended him revealing his identity to this lady in golden power armor.......
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 12:07 pm

"For good or ill, she has our trust. You can speak freely."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 3:12 am

"My father is.....Admiral Mikhail Curas."

Her eyes narrow as her brain calculates the potential avenues for the war master's reasoning.
"Yes.....I see." She adds.

"What is it?" He asks. He didnt like the idea that she was hiding something.

"I have theories. But now is not the time nor the place to discuss them."
She turns to face you, "kill team draco. You have done well. Our mission here is complete. I loathe it, but we must leave castobel to its fate. I'm not sure what has happened here, but the Astra millitarum have seemed to launch a counter offensive. Perhaps the other hives can learn from her example; Though lord castellan Lokk will loathe to make any knee jerk reactions. Once these enginseers I 'borrowed' finish, we can rejoin Avinicus and back towards crusade command, that means Karlack."
She takes in the measure of you, Curas and his bunch, and more speciffically, Ambrose. "It may take a few lander trips I'm afraid." She adds.

The mention of returning to Karlack made you uneasy. Several crusade command staff levied direct blame for the damage wrought by the mortis thule as Draco's inability to handle the situation as they saw fit. Over-indulged bastards, all of them. While such damage could not have been solved with a single stranded kill team, your pride may have agreed with those very bastards.

Perhaps there was something more you could have done?

Perhaps had Kor'sahn and Caedmon not had to sacrifice themselves, the outcome would have been different?

Ezu notices the awkward silence as you recall past events (or not) and tries to ease what she thought was the cause, "Don't worry. Once you have done this thing for Tetrarchus, they will not so easily recall the mortis."
She didn't know. She didn't understand-how could she? It wasn't the idea that Draco would be censured that caused you grief, it was the idea that your brothers might still be out there, and that the mortis was a blot on your honor. Further glories could hardly be endured as long as it was allowed to exist.

Seeing that her words did not have the desired effect, she instead tries to change the subject,
"Shall we head back to the ship?"

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - IC
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next