A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC

Go down 
+6
DreadnoughtDad
Gurkhal
callume26
Iron and Metal
Carnelian
Hydrako
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 12:33 am

OOC Stuff
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 2:24 pm

I finally added an avatar. It wasn't immediately obvious how to do it, but hopefully that will help with identifying Cassiel.

Iron and Metal and Hydrako like this post

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 10:40 pm

deaddmwalking wrote:
I finally added an avatar.  It wasn't immediately obvious how to do it, but hopefully that will help with identifying Cassiel.

Your signature leads to Hydrako's sheet.

Nvm, thats a likes comment, not a signarture. Never seen that one before.
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 5:27 am

But I've also added a link to Cassiel in my signature. I feel like I had done that at one time (6 years ago maybe). But it wasn't there, and now it is. If there's anything else I'm missing, let me know!

Iron and Metal likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 9:30 am

I'm here and ready for action.
Back to top Go down
insane935
Senpai
insane935

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 9:34 am

*drowning in Mjød and blood wine*
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 11:11 am

I AM FUCKING STOKED. Brett is over here updating the shit out of his profile and Gurkhal is itching for some payback. LET'S FUCKIN GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Avail: Daily over Summer

Gurkhal likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 1:39 pm

I'm out of town - I live in Knoxville but I'm in Seattle for work - and I won't be back until late on Wednesday. I had planned to finish req stuff before I left, but with packing and family stuff, it didn't happen. I know my req is going to be primarily bolter ammo + jet pack + sig link, but I don't know how much I can get, yet. I don't want to slow down the game but I'm hoping we have enough IC chatter to keep us occupied until at least next weekend so I can finish it up.

The Heavy Bolter is signature war gear - if anyone wants to offer a load out suggestion that spends the req (or returns some to group) I'm good with that. I did receive a couple of suggestions for things to make sure are on the list, but nothing that looks like a 'full load out'. Character sheet is updated, so if you have questions about Talents/Characteristics, the link is in my sig.
Back to top Go down
insane935
Senpai
insane935

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 9:06 pm

deaddmwalking wrote:
I'm out of town - I live in Knoxville but I'm in Seattle for work - and I won't be back until late on Wednesday.  I had planned to finish req stuff before I left, but with packing and family stuff, it didn't happen.  I know my req is going to be primarily bolter ammo + jet pack + sig link, but I don't know how much I can get, yet.  I don't want to slow down the game but I'm hoping we have enough IC chatter to keep us occupied until at least next weekend so I can finish it up.  

The Heavy Bolter is signature war gear - if anyone wants to offer a load out suggestion that spends the req (or returns some to group) I'm good with that.  I did receive a couple of suggestions for things to make sure are on the list, but nothing that looks like a 'full load out'.  Character sheet is updated, so if you have questions about Talents/Characteristics, the link is in my sig.

Warning about bringing your jetpack and heavy bolter, you'll only be able to bring mags/belt fed ammo. I think it'll be awkward to have an ammo backpack with a jumppack ontop of it..... and kinda impossible since jumppacks need to connect directly to your powerpack.

Another thing, your Signature Wargear (Heavy Bolter) should have a quality rating MC(Mastercrafted). I know this b/c Khols SW is Scout Armor and it's MC. You might get some small bonus or perk. Maybe just looks, idk. You'll have to discuss that with sylphilis.

Jumppack + Heavy Bolter:
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 11:50 pm

insane935 wrote:
deaddmwalking wrote:
I'm out of town - I live in Knoxville but I'm in Seattle for work - and I won't be back until late on Wednesday.  I had planned to finish req stuff before I left, but with packing and family stuff, it didn't happen.  I know my req is going to be primarily bolter ammo + jet pack + sig link, but I don't know how much I can get, yet.  I don't want to slow down the game but I'm hoping we have enough IC chatter to keep us occupied until at least next weekend so I can finish it up.  

The Heavy Bolter is signature war gear - if anyone wants to offer a load out suggestion that spends the req (or returns some to group) I'm good with that.  I did receive a couple of suggestions for things to make sure are on the list, but nothing that looks like a 'full load out'.  Character sheet is updated, so if you have questions about Talents/Characteristics, the link is in my sig.

Warning about bringing your jetpack and heavy bolter, you'll only be able to bring mags/belt fed ammo. I think it'll be awkward to have an ammo backpack with a jumppack ontop of it..... and kinda impossible since jumppacks need to connect directly to your powerpack.

Another thing, your Signature Wargear (Heavy Bolter) should have a quality rating MC(Mastercrafted). I know this b/c Khols SW is Scout Armor and it's MC. You might get some small bonus or perk. Maybe just looks, idk. You'll have to discuss that with sylphilis.

Jumppack + Heavy Bolter:

Its been brought up before, to take a jetpack Cass would have to rely on ammo boxes for his Hvy Bolter. Its an either or case.

Another option I'll point out is the infernus hvy bolter if you go the route of box ammo.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/rpng/new-deathwatch-weapons-t605.html
Its a hvy bolter with an underslung heavy flamer.

insane935 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 7:49 am

Oh fuck yes Infernus.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 12:32 pm

By posting about the infernus HB, you've actually found the Sternguard and Vanguard Veteran specialties I was looking for ages ago. haha
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/rpng/viewtopic.php?t=604

Back to top Go down
insane935
Senpai
insane935

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 3:22 pm

Hydrako wrote:
By posting about the infernus HB, you've actually found the Sternguard and Vanguard Veteran specialties I was looking for ages ago. haha
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/rpng/viewtopic.php?t=604
God my posts there are cringe.... We should really transfer the important stuff over, defiantly not my post. Burn those.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 7:34 pm

I still think my counter offer of +50 mag damage and free BJs for taking Sternguard are legit and should be considered.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyThu Oct 20, 2022 11:24 am

Heath, I want to make an Orbital Drop Procedures (Tactics) roll to give us the best possible entry possible. Honestly, if only because I don't know when I will get to make this roll again.

Are there bonuses for having been previously on the Thule and/or taking as much time as possible pre-entry to study the layout?

Let a brother know. Roll will be incoming shortly.

Back to top Go down
insane935
Senpai
insane935

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyThu Oct 20, 2022 8:49 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Heath, I want to make an Orbital Drop Procedures (Tactics) roll to give us the best possible entry possible. Honestly, if only because I don't know when I will get to make this roll again.

Are there bonuses for having been previously on the Thule and/or taking as much time as possible pre-entry to study the layout?

Personal Pilot check also?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 7:30 am

That would be Wendigo. He's the pilot. This is a tactics test to deem the best possible manner of entry to achieve our goals and enfeeble the enemy/keep them ignorant etc etc.

I am the brains, Sapiens is the talent (in this case).

Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 9:34 am

And Cassiel is the sex appeal.
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 10:16 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
Unable to contain his need to kill the enemies of the Emperor, Lucius shits his power armor britches. The warmth comforts him.

Guess Lucius will have a case of extensive armour maintainence rites.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 10:23 am

hahaha... I am sitting here grading all these papers just DYING for a link to be blue so that I can get some gaming in.

Lucius' maintenance rites will be brutal indeed. Makradon will not be happy.

Side note, Cassiel does bring the sex appeal. It's those strong-silent types for me.

Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 11:08 am

Who's tracking remaining req?  I'm spending 108 and reserving 9.

Edit - Spending 115 and reserving 2.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 11:34 pm

I did.

So we are 2 v 1 for keeping reserve req?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptySun Oct 23, 2022 12:08 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:

Just wanted to bump this, boss.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptySun Oct 23, 2022 10:07 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Iron and Metal wrote:

Just wanted to bump this, boss.

I missed this one entirely.

This one was made for void combat tactics. Anyone have that skill?

you can provide a +20 bonus to that roll for prior experiences.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 2:39 pm

I don't know if anyone has it. All I have are Orbital Drop Procedures.

1) Can I make the roll at a penalty if no one has the correct skill? If not, how do we proceed?

2) Can we do anything right now except wait for Sapiens to relay what info about the oncoming ship he has, as he is piloting the vessel? (I assume he is at least)

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 7:42 pm

I thought about it and you can take the roll as untrained skill (-20)

I'm assuming everyone hears the alerts and can see the radar screen.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 4:11 pm

Sapiens will make a pilot check, diving into the hulk's outer layers to blur their sensor signature:

Pilot: 72+10 (MIU)

https://orokos.com/roll/959313 42 vs 82; 5 DoS

He will also make a tech-use check to use the corvus's auspex array to get non-obvious data on our target.
Tech-Use: 72+50
https://orokos.com/roll/959315 84 vs 122; 4 DoS

We should also get a +20 on all awareness checks thanks to the ship's auspex array, and can make checks at up to 5 km (though considering we are in the void of space, possibly further).

https://orokos.com/roll/959316 77 vs 72 (Or 82 if the target is a machine)

I'll get an IC post up soon
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 7:34 am

Sylphilis wrote:
I thought about it and you can take the roll as untrained skill (-20)

I'm assuming everyone hears the alerts and can see the radar screen.

OK Cool. That is a 23 Lucius is rolling against. I don't know if it's worth it at this point, lads.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyThu Nov 10, 2022 6:27 pm

Wendigo Bob wrote:
Sapiens will make a pilot check, diving into the hulk's outer layers to blur their sensor signature:

Pilot: 72+10 (MIU)

https://orokos.com/roll/959313 42 vs 82; 5 DoS

He will also make a tech-use check to use the corvus's auspex array to get non-obvious data on our target.
Tech-Use: 72+50
https://orokos.com/roll/959315 84 vs 122; 4 DoS

We should also get a +20 on all awareness checks thanks to the ship's auspex array, and can make checks at up to 5 km (though considering we are in the void of space, possibly further).

https://orokos.com/roll/959316 77 vs 72 (Or 82 if the target is a machine)

I'll get an IC post up soon

Awareness/auspex vs your stealth
https://orokos.com/roll/959938
2 dos

Ill send results via PM
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 12:31 pm

I think three or four of us in LINE have said that we should light up these Orks. If no one else has an opinion, let's light them up.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 8:09 pm

Sapiens has a 9
enemy unknown has a 4

Getting a map up on LINE
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 10:59 am

Initiative: 1d10+5 11

I don't know if we need individual Init. Is there anything I can do to engage the ork ship from where we are? Any ship mounted weapons I can operate? Otherwise are we looking for a boarding action? If so, I'd like to move to where the action is likely to happen.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 5:55 pm

Initiative - 12, 11 (take highest due to lightening reflexes)
taking 12
https://orokos.com/roll/960529
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 11:06 pm

No the whole ship gets 1 initiative and everyone on board will do whatever they plan on doing then.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 7:04 am

Couple things we need to know moving forward:

What can those of us not piloting the ship do to aid in the situation? Is this like Rogue Trader where Lucius can make Command/Fellowship tests to give static bonuses to people doing other things?

Which leads me to the next question: are there other things (aside from Sapiens working the ship) that people can be actively doing?

Rolls JIC:
Straight Fellowship <70 (60 +10 Shard of Bekrin); rolled 66/2 DoS
If Command <95/4 DoS

https://orokos.com/roll/960593

IC: Lucius keyed up the squad vox. In Draco cant, he sent the following: "We cannot have the Ork shadow our point of entry. They have not yet detected us - so let's ensure that they never do. Eliminate the threat. Squad, make ready for contact."

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 11:28 pm

Since no one had any input I moved the ship forward into a conservative position. Next to a debris field.

Khol did not pick up anything on the auspex.

https://orokos.com/roll/961559

Will update the ic and we will move to round 2.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 2:44 pm

Quote :
What can those of us not piloting the ship do to aid in the situation? Is this like Rogue Trader where Lucius can make Command/Fellowship tests to give static bonuses to people doing other things?

Which leads me to the next question: are there other things (aside from Sapiens working the ship) that people can be actively doing?

Rolls JIC:
If Command <95/4 DoS

I am not sure if I am missing something, but none of this was addressed.

Back to top Go down
insane935
Senpai
insane935

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 5:27 pm

Attack:

https://orokos.com/roll/962183

2 rerolls:

https://orokos.com/roll/962184

All hit with degrees of success.

Damage: https://orokos.com/roll/962185 w/ 14 pen ea.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyFri Dec 09, 2022 12:20 am

[quote="insane935"]Attack:

https://orokos.com/roll/962183

2 rerolls:

https://orokos.com/roll/962184

All hit with degrees of success.

Damage: https://orokos.com/roll/962185 w/ 14 pen ea.

[/quote

Cant AoA from a vehicle, but you get a native +20 for size, and a further +10 for short range.

He does get a jinx roll since he moved last turn.
https://orokos.com/roll/962311
pass with 1 dos, this gives you a further -10

So you hit with everything without the need for re-rolls.
You do 45 damage
the last one was a critical hit, but the fighta-bomba has a special rule, if you pass a BS test, you do d5 on the crit chart as normal, if you fail you do an extra point of damage instead.
https://orokos.com/roll/962312
CRIT!
https://orokos.com/roll/962313
2, https://orokos.com/roll/962314
nothing happens

His turn. Firing back with his rockets
https://orokos.com/roll/962316
he for sure hits with 2. Someone wanna take a jink test to negate that?

pilot test to make a sharp turn
https://orokos.com/roll/962315, failed, moves normally

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyFri Dec 09, 2022 12:25 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
Quote :

Rolls JIC:
If Command <95/4 DoS

I am not sure if I am missing something, but none of this was addressed.

Sorry, I replied, but in LINE.
So anyone can run 1 weapon, unless its specified that its pilot operated.

Anyone can be the pilot, or even change from turn to turn if you want.

And someone can run the augury (no longer needed)

Hydrako also mentioned boarding the ship aka space marine. We can figure out a way to make the happen if you really want.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyFri Dec 09, 2022 11:37 am

I suppose what I am asking is what people who don't take up the three available options can be doing. I have very little incentive or options to roleplay right now, so that's why I was curious about this part:

Quote :
If Command <95/4 DoS

If there's nothing that the majority of peeps are doing, can we maybe speed roll this to move on?

Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 12:33 am

Bleda's chilling and waiting for this encounter to be resolved. He is already fully armed and armoured for battle so if it comes to boarding action or an emergency exit, he is ready for it.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyMon Dec 12, 2022 2:54 pm

Ok, so here's the plan sapiens made:

-During the midtime, he collected all data from previous missions to construct at least a partial map

-Using the auspex, he would determine a few things:
--First, the location of the largest energy source detectable in the hulk
--Second, find the corresponding spots from previous explorations
--Third, use echolocation to determine which paths go the furthest within the hulk, towards the central energy source
--Fourth, using vibration analysis determine which hard points there are in the structure so we can target them.

Afterwards, we need to work out optional methods of destruction. This will depend on the energy source; overloading if its some kind of generatior

Gurkhal likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyMon Dec 12, 2022 11:49 pm

Wendigo Bob wrote:
Ok, so here's the plan sapiens made:

-During the midtime, he collected all data from previous missions to construct at least a partial map

-Using the auspex, he would determine a few things:
--First, the location of the largest energy source detectable in the hulk
--Second, find the corresponding spots from previous explorations
--Third, use echolocation to determine which paths go the furthest within the hulk, towards the central energy source
--Fourth, using vibration analysis determine which hard points there are in the structure so we can target them.

Afterwards, we need to work out optional methods of destruction. This will depend on the energy source; overloading if its some kind of generatior

1) This will take hours of flying and scanning the hulk if your comparing energy signatures. You got time as far as you know.
2) Hulks are notorious for shifting, adding new ships and shedding weakened fragments. Concrete mapping from prior explorations is tenuous, but not impossible.
3) Are you talking about using echolocation in the void?
4) How are you going to get vibration analysis data?

Im liking what Im hearing but keep in mind the size if this structure is massive. Its eaten hundreds of km+ ships over its illustrious history.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyTue Dec 13, 2022 1:22 pm

Codex Astartes for infiltration point:

Int 43 +20 (skill/deeds) +10 (Novamarine Tales of the Void Ability) <73; rolled 14/7 DoS

Epic Success.

https://orokos.com/roll/962746

Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyTue Dec 13, 2022 1:33 pm

Fun science fact - things that make a noise can be 'heard' even through the vacuum of space.  One option is to bounce a laser off the surface and as the surface makes miniscule movements based on sounds inside, you can 'read' them like the needle of a record player.  You can use the same technology to remotely listen to someone through a glass window see Laser Microphone at Wikipedia.

Similar technologies are used to play the sound of the sun (sped up many many times to a frequency that humans are capable of hearing).

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyTue Dec 13, 2022 2:05 pm

God, I love you.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyTue Dec 13, 2022 11:34 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Codex Astartes for infiltration point:

Int 43 +20 (skill/deeds) +10 (Novamarine Tales of the Void Ability) <73; rolled 14/7 DoS

Epic Success.

https://orokos.com/roll/962746

Finding a bay to park in will not only provide an easier access than landing on the surface, but will also keep the corvus safe from prying eyes and give you a firebase should you need it. An Imperial ship would be better as it might have more tech you can use should you need it and would be easier to interface with. Chances are it will probably be less infested with things like orcs, though there are still chances of things like genestealer infestation.

Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyThu Dec 22, 2022 12:03 pm

Alright, let's get things going.

Good job with making short work of the Orks by the way, Sapiens.
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC EmptyFri Dec 23, 2022 12:58 am

I don't know what I'm testing against but here goes a 1d100 roll in blindness.

And its a 75 so I figure that I probably failed it.

https://orokos.com/roll/963467
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC   Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 7.0 - Calling in the Coroner - OOC
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next