A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)

Go down 
+5
Sylphilis
blackadder
Pyritefoolsgold
Carnelian
Wendigo Bob
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) Empty
PostSubject: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 2:48 pm

Ok folks, this is for the dinner between San-Sebastian and Ignatio.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 3:04 pm

Sebastián waited for the others to join him in luxuriant dining room attached to the officers quarters. He had turned up a little early. The main table was wooden, an extravagance beautifully carved; the legs gothic gargoyles and the sides engraved with scripts giving reference to the cult of prosperity. He ran his hand along it feeling its varnished texture, he'd not seen its like before. There were twenty matching carved wooden chairs around the oblong table, more than enough for them if someone liked a bit of 'elbow room'. The walls covered in tapestries and paintings of patron saints.

He worried a little about it, but deciding as he'd suggested the meal he'd sit at the tables head. The host. He was more than happy to see how the Arch Magos' 'small' task progressed before pushing for Captain. It still seemed undecided.

All seemed to be in order. A long table was beautifully laid, silver cutlery and silver candelabra arrayed the table, the many candles lit. Servitors, crafted for the sensibilities of nobles stood to the side to offer drinks and canapes when the quests arrived.
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 8:10 pm

While the others were somewhat fashionably late, Magos Pulsanus arrived at exactly the appointed time. A minor tech-adept, a boy of fifteen who had just received his vox implant, played a brief fanfare and announced him. "Announcing Magos Ignatio Pulsanus, Enginseer Prime, Savior of the Iron Law!"

The Magos was slightly startled by this, and paused for a moment before waving a hand. "That will be all, Quadratus. Thank you."

Then, somewhat awkwardly, his eyes wandering around the room, the Magos approached the table. He had squatted in some of the finer parts of the Iron Law, but he'd never been invited into one before.

"Good evening, Lord Captain Herrera," he said, bowing. Then he scanned across the table. "I must confess my ignorance, where am I to sit?"
Back to top Go down
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 9:48 pm

After a quick freshen up in his room, Gerold went to dinner. With so much to take in, he had sorely neglected to actually get to know the people he will be working with him. Iron Laws decks where a maze, but he managed to get to the dinner room fairly on time. After all the dining room was virtually nex to his room, but as the recent events somehow weighted on him he made a turn (or two) wrong.

As he walked into the room, the tech-adept announced him. Paying no  heed to him, he made a traditional greeting, aquila to the noble, and cog to the tech-priest.
Tech-priest seemed to be in doubt where to sit, but Gerold didn't. He grabed the chair down opposite to the noble, on the other table head. As he did so, he beckoned one of the servitors to get him a drink and said:

"Gerold Filianatis. Pleased to meet you both." Then he sat down, waiting for the other to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2019 7:25 am

Lethia arrived with no forewarning or fanfare. She liked to keep herself to the shadows and disliked the spotlight.

She was still wearing the hood and robes befitting of her station. As before, she used the navigators staff as a walking stick. Her face was still covered in the deep shadow by the hood, but the lighting was warmer, more "natural" feeling and her pale skin was more noticeable here.

She looks around the room so pick a seat. Seat placement was an important part of dinner preparation. Sit too close to the master and he may move you in favor of someone else, propting shame and embarrassment. Sit further away, and you may not be noticed at all, or you may be moved closer to the master.....such politicking would help her determine the psudo-pecking order here.

She sits as far away from the head of the table as able. Navigators were rather important, but still mutants, perhaps the anti-mutant attitude would be pervasive here as well.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 12:56 am

A sudden beating of wings and the passing of a large shadow heralded the entrance of Haast. The cybernetic eagle circled the room scanning all who were present before banking and settling on the back of a chair a few down from San Sebastian's. Roderick walked in a moment later and surveyed the room before approaching the chair acting as his familiar's perch. He poured amasec into two cups, and walked over to San Sebastian, placing a cup in front of him at the head of the table. He then walked back to his own chair and sat down without a word. Haast flexed its wings, extending them to their full span before folding them once again. It's formidable size added an air of menace and authority to Roderick's position even though he wasn't sitting at the head of the table. Roderick lifted his cup to San Sebastian and said, On your health San Sebastian, and to a successful journey. He took a polite sip, while looking over the rim of his cup at Alexium with a mischievous glint in his eye. When he put his cup back down he said, you can pour your own, and be ready to lose later
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyMon Jul 01, 2019 1:12 pm

"With whom are you speaking?" Alexium asked as he entered the room after Roderick. There was the play of a smile at the corner's of the mouth.

Perhaps Roderick was already a slight drunk. Perhaps the child had played a trick on his mind. The grin widened.

Alexium sat across from Roderick and scanned the room with only the slightest of head tilts. All were present and vibrant in the child's mind - their auras permeating like smoke from their exquisitely defined features. The child briefly wondered why it had ever had eyes; the Emperor's gift was so much better.

A hefty pour of amasec and a deep inhale had Alexium smiling widely.

"To us," the child toasted. "For together we are stronger than the sum of our parts - our Mutants, our Technicians, our Void Masters, and our Captains. And everyone else I am forgetting. 'Go alone and go fast; Go together and go far.'"

The androgynous youth took a deep sip, letting the liquor swirl around its tongue before finally swallowing.

"Wow! That makes your stuff taste like pure Ork piss, Roderick. I'm impressed."

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyMon Jul 01, 2019 2:14 pm

An elaborate, golden-masked servitor wearing an elaborate wig enters from a secondary door, calmly stating FIRST COURSE IS SERVED. ADMIRALTY-STYLE CANAPÉS

A stream of dwarven serving servitors, with a platter integrated into the top of their skull and mechanically elongated arms, enter and start placing small plates on the table at your respective seats. They are quick and efficient, disappearing back through the side door once finished. The plates contain a small, flaky pastry, topped by a delicate pink meat surrounded by herbs in the shape of an admiral's wheel.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyMon Jul 01, 2019 5:56 pm

Lethia takes the offering with a bow for the golden servitor.

She takes a tiny, dainty bite of the pastry and her palette was rewarded with a light, buttery texture. The meat was served lukewarm and tasted of savory herbs and salts that she had never before tasted.

She stifles a warm smile in order to maintain her aloof veneer that the navigator houses procluded.

"These canapes are delectable. My I ask on the origin?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyMon Jul 01, 2019 6:51 pm

"May I ask yours?" Alexium interrupted before any could respond to Lethia. As always, the child wore a devilish grin.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyMon Jul 01, 2019 11:03 pm

Roderick blinked for a moment when he realised his friend had not been in the room at all. As the child entered and addressed him, his face became a mask again. I knew you would be coming in right after me so was speaking to your inevitable presence. He took another sip, long this time, and clicked his teeth, not a bad drop that.

When Roderick's own elixir was called into question he sat up straighter in his chair and point his finger at Alexium as if he were sighting him down the barrel of a Leman Russ. Ork piss will do in a pinch little one. Don't ever forget that. Besides, the stuff I drink is purely medicinal. You don't drink it for taste! He lowered his finger and raised his cup again, finishing the dram, before refilling.

When the meal was announced Roderick took one of the cannapes as it was polite and ate it. He was saving himself for more wholesome dishes, but Mother said to always eat what was offered.
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:51 pm

"I must confess my ignorance, but I am not familiar with the excretions of the orkoid xeno race," Ignatio admitted in a dead neutral tone. "Does it contain significant amounts of alchohol, making it suitable for sating your chemical addiction?"

As the others took their seats, the Magos settled down in the nearest available chair. Perhaps to the surprise of some, he actually took a canape in one hand and brought it to his face, where he used the other hand to pull down the chin of his mask.

A small plate slid down, revealing a compartment between the filter-nodules of his inbuilt respirator. Into the black cavity that revealed went the canape, after which the plate was slid back into place.

What followed was the quiet, but noticeable hum of a small blender, pulsing for but a moment. Nodding in satisfaction, the tech priest focused on Lethia, interested in the Navigator's answer to the Astropath's question.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 10:22 pm

Roderick winced uncomfortably as the adept missed the joke entirely. It was a jest, Ignatio. Though I cannot confirm or deny the presence of alcohol in Ork piss, I don't think my thirst will ever drive me to a low enough point to try it....He reached out and took another canape, just as the tech priest open his...mouth and ate his own. The sounds of blending and swallowing gave Roderick pause, and he looked at the morsel in his hand for a moment. He looked up and threw it to Haast which caught it in its beak, threw its head back, and then swallowed it whole. Roderick sat back and remained silent then, happy to drink for now and wait for the main course
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptySat Jul 06, 2019 7:14 pm

Lethia returns the grin of Alexium. The child was certainly intuitive, and possibly even a drunk....?

"House Tzemopolus has no officio base of operations, no opulent mansions from which they coordinate. Instead we keep small offices in major ports, mostly manned by only a few attendees. As such, I was born on the administratum ship, The Minor Key. Im afraid from there its all humdrum postings on a variety of ships and various training regimens."

She had thought Roderick was making a jest, but maybe he wasn't, and Ignatio didnt seem to think so.
She swallows down a small sip of fine amasec and adds, "Have you ever seen an ork Roderick? I hear they are beastly brutes with leathery green skin and blue warpaint. No brains and all brawn."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 9:03 pm

Roderick arched an eyebrow at the navigator when she chimed in. It was a queer sort of question, that he wasn't sure how to answer. Since he didn't, he answered it with a question of his own. Have you? I can't say I've had the opportunity to see one. There aren't any on Dalmore, or at the Kintail academy, though we've all read about them. Their cruisers and battlecraft are as brutish as they are. They're simply called Rokks, and operate with the same subtlety. I'm sure there will be plenty of them out beyond border once we make our way out into the dark spaces. Plenty of chances to get a look in, I'm sure. he gave a wink and then took another, longer pull of his drink. He wasn't drunk enough to begin to enjoying himself, yet. When the cards came out he would be well on his way.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyTue May 19, 2020 9:32 am

+++ WHEN: Post Chaos Fleet Destruction +++
+++ WHERE: Roderick's Quarters (or Torians - or even a more common meeting space) +++

Upon the destruction of the chaos fleet above the Prioress' world, those who wished sat to discuss the next phase of the plan. Time was of the essence, but there was enough of it to have a single victory drink as the enormous human-power of the Anatem made ready to embark on the acquisition of another world into the fold of the Filianatus empire...

...To Alexium, this planet was special. Much more so than Glacea anyways. The frozen moon had left an impression on the Astropath; the psyker-parasites needed to be wiped out without mercy, yes, and Commander Quetzal was something of an anomaly that wouldn't leave their mind. But aside from that, most everything else had been important to the team's efforts as a whole, but not really to Alexium personally.

Not like this. Not like Prioress Joanne and her Paladins.

The Jolanese Kingdom had invested much time and effort into training the Paladins. It was time to let Roderick and any others who decided to join in on this drink in on who the Jolanese were, and what Alexium's ties to them were. He suspected Roderick already knew some, but his oldest friend on the ship was decent enough to let it lie until Alexium wanted to bring it up. So, here they were.

Alexium stood and gave a crisp salute to Roderick and Torian as they entered (as well as anyone else who decided to join). A cheers was in order, but the Astropath had no doubt that Torian should be the one to lead it.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyTue May 19, 2020 6:21 pm

Roderick entered his quarters and was followed by a blur that traced the ceiling before coming to rest on its perch. Haast sat his wings spread in challenge at Alexium, almost ready to take flight again and bear the child to ground. Roderick looked up at this for a moment and then whistled a long low note. At ease, Haast. Alexium has just started the process without us. No blood, no foul. He walked over to his bar to fetch drink and glasses. That was quite a show we put on back there. I never tire of feeling a ship move beneath me, but the dislocation of being up here while creating such havoc can be a let down at times. He poured a measure in three glasses, placed them all in one hand, and grabbed the neck of the bottle before walking over to his simple farmhouse table. Torian, Roderick said as he turned to his cousin, You've conducted yourself admirably in the short time we've been working together. I can see the crew and the officers pulling together well under your eye. We've enjoyed early success also due to your leadership, which makes me glad to have you as Captain going further out into the deep. We'll have this system wrapped up tighter than a Nun's nasty in now time. He gave both his drinking companions a cheers and took a sip.
What should the next order of business be?

Now, Roderick turned to Alexium now, all business. What more can you tell us about this Prioress and her Paladins? You've had a great many things swirling in that head of yours lately, and I'm awfully curious to know more. Is she a looker, or pretty unfortunate in that department?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyWed May 20, 2020 9:55 am

Alexium stared at Haast with a bored expression and then feigned terror as the bird spread its wings. The child knew the construct could kill him, but had been through this same game so many times now that the threat had become more of a nuisance than anything.

"Put a sock in it, would you Haast? It's me. Alexium. You know me, you metal-brained nincompoop."

Alexium took the glass, cheers'd the others on a swift victory in battle, and got down to it.

"The Prioress is an outstanding human. Simple as that. I have not seen a singular beauty of such magnitude in the Immaterium in some time. Her mind is... yeah. Wowzers. But the reason why she and hers are so special, indeed why this entire region of space is so special, are because of her teachers: the Jolanese."

Alexium took another drink, letting the palpable tension rise. The name would no doubt spark memories for Roderick, who had been with Alexium upon their first meeting.

The child waited a moment for Torian to speak or Roderick to react.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyWed May 20, 2020 3:16 pm

Roderick paused with his glass halfway to his mouth before lowering it again. Away with ye, if you're being a cheeky bastard. How can the Prioress be a student of the Jolanese out here? I was unaware they had a presence out past the gate? He had been impressed with the sophistication and class the Jolanese envoys had shown when Roderick and Alexium had first parlayed with them. Alexium had told him of the understanding they had reached by psychic means, and was surprised at their ability and desire to avoid confrontation. Alexium would definitely have an in with the Prioress when the first face-to-face meeting happened.

Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyThu May 21, 2020 1:40 am

Magos Pulsanus arrived punctually, as he did with all meetings of the senior crew. He swayed a little as he first came through the door, and then stopped and fished out a small syringe from a case, casually injecting it into a port in a tube under his robe. Rapidly, the fatigue lifted, though always closer than the last time he'd kept it chemically at bay.

Pouring a small glass of the expensive libation, he went to take a seat by the others, taking a moment to admire Haast as he extended a metal straw, proboscus-like, from his mouth, which he placed into the drink he held to sample it.

Many tech priests saw fit to fully eliminate their sense of taste, but the sect of Echidna saw the senses given to humanity by the machine god as sacred, to be enhanced but never forsaken. And so he savored the libation as he listened to the others speak.

Straw still extending from his mechanical mouth, the Magos' attention was drawn as terms he had no familiarity of were tossed around. "I must confess my ignorance, that it may be cured. I possess no data entry for the Jolanese, and yet Lord Roderick seems familiar with this term. Does their involvement with The Prioress render her more suspicious, or more worthy of trust?"
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyThu May 21, 2020 1:18 pm

"Much more worthy of trust!" Alexium blurted out excitedly. The youngest-looking senior crew member sat their expensive glass down and leaned forward on the table. Small elbows touching down with fingers interlocked, making a triangle under their chin.

"The Jolanese Kingdom exists outside of Imperial space. They are humans, rumored to be in control of numerous archaeotech systems, who are, for lack of a better word, master-psykers. They have found ways to intersect the divine human form with the power of the Warp to control and nullify the chaotic side effects that we have so long fought against. It is for this reason that they have never been deemed enemies of the Imperium. In fact, they serve as a neutral buffer zone for their region of space while the Imperium deals with its, sadly, much bigger issues."

Alexium then pointed matter-of-factly at Roderick.

"Hot-Rod and I were together when we first encountered them. It was under the pretense of 'getting lost in uncharted space' when in fact we were sent in to find evidence of heresy or wrongdoing. What we found was quite the opposite. Chaos-free, untainted, excellent space farers who took us in as envoys. They were immediately aware of my powers and took us in for some time. Perhaps one day you'll all get to see the gift they gave me."

The child smiled widely, thinking of the nearly invisible mandala-implants on harmonious points around their body. They were a sight to behold when activated. Then their mind wandered to Knight-Farspeaker Olliana, the Jolanese ambassador who had reached out to Alexium. The feelings made the Astropath tingly all over, anticipation mixed with something else. Her red hair, how it flowed over her shoulders...

Snap out of it!

Alexium turned to Roderick. "So you can imagine how surprised I was to find them in this neck of space. Well, not them, per se, but other peoples they have guided, taught, and trained to be safe from the horrors of the Warp. Prioress Joanne and her Paladins are unknowing members of a Jolanese training program to keep those psykers who haven't been lured in by the Warp away from it. Clean of its filthy influence, if you will."

They took a sip of the excellent drink, savored it, and kept going. Revealing bits of secret only to the select few who showed.

"I've a contact within the Kingdom who recently reached out to me. In addition to my own wonderful rapport-building skills, she too relayed that I was indeed a prophet-of-god. I mean, it isn't altogether untrue, after all. Whom the Paladin's call "Jesus" is clearly another iteration of the Emperor. Regardless, I promised my contact that I would keep and protect the Paladins, and we have already began that mission."

They waited for questions before adding, "The Jolanese are also aware of the other psykers in this sector. Who they call 'The Shaman' in the interior is part of an early version of their psyker-protection project. Which reminds me, Ignatio, we cannot approach The Shaman's planet in this vessel. It is not safe. When the time comes, have your minions attempt to focus on and run scans of the planet - I've been told the results will be very interesting."

They stopped for the moment. They had just dropped a lot to be processed.

Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyThu May 21, 2020 3:20 pm

Ignatio considered this carefully, listening intently to the small Astropath's words. After a long pause, he spoke again.

"You imply that the Jolanese's methods have been condoned by some imperial institution. Can you discuss how you were sent on this mission to investigate these psykers? While another method of protecting psykers from the chaos of the warp is valuable, many would find it suspect to do so through a method other than the sanction of the God Emperor."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyThu May 21, 2020 4:39 pm

"Many outside of the Mechanicum would find it suspect to seek out Archaeotech they do not, and cannot, understand. If it is considered stupid, but it works well without a downfall, it is not stupid. There is a reason that we found this system before any blow-hard, non thinking, simpleton, ultra-orthadoxers could get here and exterminatus anything that looked slightly different than a mature grox."

They shrugged. "'Condone' is perhaps not as accurate as 'tolerate.' The Imperium would move in on the Jolanese if the Calisota Sector wasn't starved for resources as it is. They have not deemed them a viable threat as they are not Chaos Tainted. Roderick and I were sent to find out why - and how that was the case. But that is the most I will say on the matter at this time."

Thinking about the sanctioning process only brought feelings of dread, anger, sorrow, and pure rage to the surface that they would rather not dwell upon. To that effect, they only added, "The sanctioning process, while necessary given our limited understanding of the Warp, is barbaric in the extreme. Rogue Psykers deserve death for the threat they pose, yes; many have no idea that they - the innocent child, pregnant mother, homeless father, bright young heir - are more dangerous than an entire Ork Waaagh at the doorstep. But sanctioning is a single suture on a severed stump. If there is a better way, I aim to find it. And the Jolanese are our best current bet."

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyThu May 21, 2020 5:53 pm

A faint knock came from the doorway, and Valry Mace popped in.

You mentionned the planet of the Shamans. I may have some data to share on this subject.

She walked in with a dataslate which she connected to a large holoprojector concealed into the central table. A picture of the sun & the large planet, oddly close, came into view.

So, at first glance this planet is already quite unusual. A vast rocky world, within a light-minute of the sun is very unusual. But having life on such a world-including oceans & forests-is seemingly impossible at first glance.

Valry pressed a few buttons, and the holo started running at video speed. From the sun came numerous flares, arcing outwards and looping back in. A single flare looked like it was about to hit the world, but it suddenly snapped like an elastic thousands of kms out and dissipated into nothing. From certain angles there was an odd glare, as if a halo was between the sun & the planet.

You see! You see that there! The planet deflected the solar flare, something that could destroy entire fleets, like it was nothing. I believe this world has THE most powerful magnetosphere ever recorded. A standard habitable world has a field in the microteslas-this is easily a million times greater. It so strong, that it appears to deflect 99.9% of the light sent onto it-that vague halo-preventing the world from burning to a crisp, while still being quite bright due to solar proximity.

She left the holo in a loop.

I wouldnt bring a ship within a light-second. It would be a guaranteed crash, impossible to lift back off. No metal or electricity-based tech will work. This is a world of cosmically enforced primitiveness.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyThu May 21, 2020 5:57 pm

Alexium would have blinked in shock had their eyes worked. They moved their blindfolded head to regard Valry.

"Were you just standing outside of the door listening? How in the Warp's Tits did you hear that?"

Alexium then looked to Ignatio. While the incredibleness of this was not lost on them, they were sure Ignatio would be able to make much better heads and tails of it.

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyThu May 21, 2020 5:58 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Alexium would have blinked in shock had their eyes worked. They moved their blindfolded head to regard Valry.

"Were you just standing outside of the door listening? How in the Warp's Tits did you hear that?"

Alexium then looked to Ignatio. While the incredibleness of this was not lost on them, they were sure Ignatio would be able to make much better heads and tails of it.

I am master of etherics for a reason. She gave a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyThu May 21, 2020 6:20 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:

Alexium turned to Roderick. "So you can imagine how surprised I was to find them in this neck of space. Well, not them, per se, but other peoples they have guided, taught, and trained to be safe from the horrors of the Warp. Prioress Joanne and her Paladins are unknowing members of a Jolanese training program to keep those psykers who haven't been lured in by the Warp away from it. Clean of its filthy influence, if you will."

They took a sip of the excellent drink, savored it, and kept going. Revealing bits of secret only to the select few who showed.

"I've a contact within the Kingdom who recently reached out to me. In addition to my own wonderful rapport-building skills, she too relayed that I was indeed a prophet-of-god. I mean, it isn't altogether untrue, after all. Whom the Paladin's call "Jesus" is clearly another iteration of the Emperor. Regardless, I promised my contact that I would keep and protect the Paladins, and we have already began that mission."

Interesting. I'd be glad to have a few of those Paladins on board going forward if they are even a quarter as capable in their training as the Jolanese. Any gifts that can be as controlled as yours are worth their weight in digital crowns.

Roderick swilled another sip as Ignatio asked about the Imperium's take on the sanctioned psykers. I like the idea of the Imperium bringing its light to Jolanese as much as the next man, but as Alexium said, they have mastery over something we only dabble in. I'd like to be part of another mission one day into their realm. Something a little more formal than our foray, I mind you.

When Valry walked in, Roderick looked up at Haast which had already zeroed in on her and was about to leap from his perch. A sharp note from Roderick and the eagle reluctantly went back at ease. Lass, when you come in here, you need to announce yourself first. Alexium here is fond of you and I hate for him to lose another friend. Roderick gestured at the psyker with his glass while watching her approach the table.

After she'd given her report, Roderick leaned forward in his chair and looked at the Magos. His response was going to be the most interesting. Well old son, what do you make of the implications of that? Sounds like a fortress he said grimly
Back to top Go down
thepooreconomist

thepooreconomist

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyFri May 22, 2020 6:28 am

Torian cheers'd them all for a job well done, and downed several hefty snifters. Times where he could let his guard down and imbibe were rare and to be treasured. He listened to the discussion closely and with minimal interruption, as per usual.

"Joanne seems like a powerful ally, we must appear as generous and benevolent as possible. Do you believe we could trace this world's benefactors back and establish contact? Do you recommend attempting to broach contact with them? Would they be open to negotiation? Perhaps we could position ourselves as a go-between for the Jolanese and the Imperium."

There was much to take in, and Alexium did not seem to share all quite yet. That suited Torian fine for now, there were other considerations to take into account.

After Roderick finished speaking, waiting for the Magos' response, Torian quickly interjected with his own thoughts: "Sounds like an easy trap to set for our competitors following in our wake. If we can set up some rumors about us having been interested in that planet but having moved on to keep our lead, and some rumors about untold wealth awaiting whomever makes planetfall there, I could see many of those following us falling prey to that magnetosphere"
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyFri May 22, 2020 10:13 am

Ignatio paused for a long moment as he considered this new information. Then, finally, he spoke up. "It is possible this world is natural. I would expect a very large world to have a more powerful magnetosphere. However it also seems likely that this was done intentionally somehow. Either way, I do not believe we currently possess the capability to make planetfall there. Perhaps with some kind of specialized, non-magentized cutter..."

He did not comment on Alexium calling the sanctioning of the Omnissiah primitive, but considered him for another long moment as he sipped his drink through his cybernetic straw.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyFri May 22, 2020 11:33 am

"My contact prefers to be the one to do the reaching out. I would very much like us to be the go-between, but knowing the Psykana - the leaders of the Jolanese - they will want to be in control of all communication. At the very least, if that day comes, we will need to make them feel like they are in complete control. Play to that."

They smiled when Torian thought to use the planet as a trap.

"Just bloody devious, you are. Ha! I love it!"

Alexium finished their glass and nodded at Ignatio's input.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptyFri May 22, 2020 6:14 pm

Roderick grinned slyly at Torian when he laid out the idea of a trap. You are a cunning chap aren't you cousin. I'm very glad you're on our side in this endeavour. he paused and considered how they would leave rumours. We could be overt in our warnings, make them believe we are trying to ward all comers from the planet. Perhaps drones of some kind that send a warning of the planet's fauna or people. Greed will drive those that follow to distrust us and plow on regardless, thinking as you said, we didn't have time to claim it and would come back later to finish the job. He shrugged and took another drink. Just an idea though. I'm not much of a master schemer.
Back to top Go down
saelean

saelean

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptySat May 23, 2020 8:49 am

Brenonya tapped the hilt of her chainsword on the door, "Hello all, I do hope I'm not barging in on this council, but I would like to compliment Roderick, or rather Hot-Rod as the crews has been saying at an elevated rate after that fantastic display. That was indeed quite an impressive flash fry of heresy. Well done and I hope there's more drink to go around so I might raise a toast. She had her helmet off and her eyes looked both of sheer steel but carrying warmth. While she tried her best to convey a good nature her training also gave any feeling she could emote a hard edge. Her eyes drifted to Haast and narrowed a bit out of apprehension.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptySat May 23, 2020 12:56 pm

Alexium smiled from ear-to-ear as the Battle Sister entered. They poured a drink and handed it over almost too excitedly.

"Welcome! Welcome! We would be poor hosts indeed if we did not have our Arch Militant drinking with us to a victory in battle. Though, you have missed some juicy details on our new friends the Paladins, all of which you shall be filled in on."

Alexium wasted not a moment bringing Brenonya up to speed.

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptySat May 23, 2020 7:08 pm

Roderick gave another whistle to Haast as Brenonya announced herself. The eagle gave a frustrated hiss as it went back to into overwatch. You may enter Sister, just don't look him in the eyes as you come in. He's a testy fellow. Roderick gave a single bark of a laugh. When she sat down, he poured her a measure and handed the glass over. I'm glad my name has started to make the rounds with the crew, though Hot-Rod wasn't exactly the one I'd imagined people to be whispering in admiration when I started this journey! He looked slyly at Alexium. If you hear any of them directly, make sure to correct them. It is Lord Hot-Rod he took a sip and winked over his glass at Brenonya.

When Alexium had brought her up to speed he asked, What are your thoughts on storming the stronghold at the north pole? Do we have the troop capacity?
Back to top Go down
saelean

saelean

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptySun May 24, 2020 5:05 am

Perching her chainsword to the side, Brenonya raised both glasses given to her with a smile. She waited for quiet and recited one of the Ministorum's favorite little cants, "When the people forget their duty they are no longer human and become something less than beasts. They have no place in the bosom of humanity nor in the heart of the Emperor. Let them die and be forgotten. Don't forget to make a whirlpool to suck them all down for good measure." Tagging it with a bit of a creative flourish she downed all the elixir and it tasted like it was sweated off the God Emperor himself, in some way this was a bit of a religious ceremony.

First blood with her new crew, and she wanted a taste as soon as they were finished cutting out the root of this heresy with the Anatem. "Let's grind em up, Lord Hot-Rod."
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptySun May 24, 2020 1:39 pm

Roderick's lit up when Brenonya cheersed with two glasses. This is how he liked to celebrate! He started to laugh raucously as she drank from both at once, and toasted her when she was finished. I couldn't have put it better myself sister! He slapped her on the shoulder then and poured her another double measure before topping up the rest of the empty glasses.

It was going to be a long trip to the north pole...
Back to top Go down
saelean

saelean

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:50 pm

She smiled and said, "May your next shot be as true as the Immortal Emperor's days are long." Cheering again and living up the brief moment of celebration, all the while thinking about splitting a heretic's head open her grox whip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)   Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC) Empty

Back to top Go down

Side-Chapter: My Dinner With Ignatio (IC)
Page 1 of 1