A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator Empty
PostSubject: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptyThu May 09, 2019 7:37 pm

Name: Magos Ignatio Pulsanus
Career: Explorator [BS, Toughness, Tech, Knowledge]
Home World: Forge World (Echidna) [Intelligence]
Birthright: Child of the Creed [Willpower]
Lure of the Void: Zealot (blessed scars)
Trials and Travails: Ship Lorn (agaisnt all odds)
Motivation: Devotion (Loyalty) [Finesse]
Dynasty Bond: Vassal

Aptitudes: General, Intelligence, Willpower,  Finesse, Ballistic Skill, Toughness, Tech, Knowledge

Conditions:

Wounds: 11/11
Fatigue: 0
Fate Points: 3/3
Movement: 3m/6m/9m/18m
Insanity: 7/100
Corruption: 0/100
Mutations: none.

WS      30$$
BS       38*
S         30
T         50**
Ag       30
Int   [10]56 $**
Per      37$
Wp      55$$*
Fel       31

**Denotes upgrade
$Denotes class/background upgrade/downgrade
Rolls:

"the wondrous truth is that our technology exceeds our humanity. The next step, therefore, is to upgrade humanity."

Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator 6B9oAMT
Background Synopsis:

Born on the Forge World Echidna, in the Capital Subsector, Ignatio Pulsanus was a young boy who like many his age went to work in the factories and mines. One day, he was the victim of an industrial accident which broke open his skull and rendered him from a bright and quick boy into a vegetable. A kindly magos saw fit to repair the damage to the boy's mind, and indeed went further than that, using him as an example of the mastery of his craft. Ignatio was prepared to be a ship's enginseer, and assigned to the Filianatis dynasty light cruiser The Iron Law.

One dark day, another ship attacked the Iron Law without warning, beating the light cruiser's engines into scrap, and then sent over boarding parties of brutally deadly warriors. They hunted down the Lord-Captain and his higher officers, massacred them, and then left just as suddenly as they had arrived. The Iron Law was left adrift as a hulk for years. During this time, Ignatio rallied the surviving crew, converting many to the machine cult to serve the needs of the dying ship, and eventually they managed to repair the ship enough to allow it to limp in from the outer edge of the system and into orbit over a small colony in the inner system, where he was able to eventually get a message back to the Filianatis to let them know where to pick up their ship.

Family agents came to reclaim the ship and rescue the crew, and the newly anointed Magos Pulsanus went on a pilgrimage to the machine world of Skaros Prime. He was there when the Anatem Imperabit Mundus arrived for refit and repair, and he reconnected with the Filianatis family and accepted a position as Enginseer Prime for the holy vessel.

Description:
Age: 46    Height: 5'6    Weight: 250lbs.  Eyes: Bright blue, cybernetic    Hair: Black, mostly bald

Most will never see beneath the robes and armor, though they might note that both are immaculately kept and even more engraved and embroidered with machine cult symbology than standard. They might also notice how his eyes move constantly, always taking in new information. Those who see under the hood and mask would notice his ashen complexion, and the part of his skull that was lost in an accident and replaced with cybernetics.

Goals:
Short term   
-Find Archaeotech machines, soothe their machine spirits, and put them to use for the good of humanity, and in doing so, comprehend them;
-Understand the threat posed by traitor space marines and find ways to combat them;
-Restore the glory of the Anatem.

Medium term  
-Discover the lost secrets of Archmagos Faraday-Gauss;
-work to reform the Machine Cult to focusing on putting machines to use to serve humanity;
-cautiously investigate unorthodox technologies in hopes of implementing them to reverse the Imperium’s decay.

Long term
-Become a major Technotheological figure heading a ‘restorationist’ focused sect of the Mechanicus;
-keep the Filiantius dynasty on a righteous path in line with the Omnissiah’s plan for the Imperium;
-Lead the Mechanicus further along the path of knowledge than orthodoxy has allowed.

Skills:
Awareness (Per) (+10) (+10 for sight)
Commerce (Fel) (Trained)
Carouse (Tou) (Basic)
Charm (Fel) (Basic) (Blessed Scars -10)
Athletics (Str) (Basic)
Command (Fel) (Basic)
Common Lore (Int) (+10)
-(Machine Cult, Tech, Imperium)
Common Lore (Int) (Trained)
-(War)
Deceive (Fel) (Basic)
Demolition (Int) (Trained)
Disguise (Fel) (Basic)
Dodge (Agil) (Trained)
Forbidden Lore  (Int) (+10)
-(Archeotech, Adeptus Mechanicus)
Gamble (Int) (Basic)
Inquiry (Fel) (Basic)
Intimidate (Fel) (Basic) (Blessed Scars +10)
Linguistics (Int) (Trained)
-(Explorator Binary, Low Gothic, Techna-lingua)
Logic (Int) (+10)
Medicae (Int) (Trained)
Operate  (Trained)
(Ground Craft (Int))
Security (Agi) (Trained)
Scrutiny (Per) (Trained) (+10 for sight)
Stealth (Agi) (Basic)
Survival (Int) (Trained)
Tech-Use (Int) (+10) (Combi Tool+10, MIU+10)
Trade  (Trained)
(Technomat (Int), Voidfarer (Agi), Armorer (Int))

Origin Path:
Stranger to the Cult: -10 to knowledge of the imperial cult, -5 Fell with Ecclesiarchy in formal settings.
Blessed Scars: +10 to Intimidate Tests and –10 to Charm Tests
Against All Odds: May reroll fate to heal wounds.
Loyalty: +5 to Will & Fell tests on board the Anatem Imperabit Mundus

Traits:
Mechanicus Implants
Implant Benefits:
Unnatural Intelligence (X2)
Dark Sight
Argent Mark

Talents:
Basic Weapon Training (Universal),
Melee Weapon Training (Universal),
Logis Implant. (-Spend reaction, roll tech use, on success add +10 to WS & BS for 1 round, must pass toughness test or take fatigue-)
Unshakable Faith (-Reroll failed fear tests-)
Technical Knock (-Unjam gun as a half-action-)
Autosanguine (-Always lightly wounded, heal 2 damage per day-)
Heightened Senses (Sight) (+10 to sight-based tests)
Peer (Mechanicus) (+10 to Fell tests W/group)
Binary Chatter (+10 to control servitors, ship morale +1)
Electro-graft use (+10 to CL, Inquiry, or Tech use when connected to a data port.)
Total Recall (Automatically remember trivial facts, int check to perfectly recall complex info.)
Luminen Charge (Toughness test to power or recharge machine, second toughness test or take 1 fatigue.)
Prosanguine (10 minutes and tech use test to remove 1d5 damage. Crit fail shuts down autosanguine for 1 week.)
Ferric Lure (Full action and successful WP test to pull a visible unsecured metal object within 20 meters into his hand, up to 1 KG per WP bonus, currently 3.)

Gear:
Hellgun (good-Cr)
Power axe (good-Cr)
Enforcer light carapace
combi-tool (+10 to tech use)
multikey, void suit, injector,
sacred unguents, micro-bead,
Adamantine-cased dataslate.
3 Frag Grenades
Clip Harness
Filtration Plugs
Shipboard Emergency Kit
Wideawake 2 doses
Ancient adamantine dataslate case
Advanced Medikit
Meltagun

servo-skull familiar W/ Surgical tools
"Chirurgeon Quinnius":
Implants:
Cortex Impant (good-Cr) (Grants Unnatural Intelligence, functions as cogitator.)
Mind Impulse Unit (Commune w/ machine spirits, +10 to tech use, pilot, or drive with linked device.)
Vitae Supplacement (Grants Autosanguine, and gives 50% chance to survive death.)
Cybernetic Senses (Eyes) (good-CR) (Grants Heightened Senses & Dark Sight, +20 to resist sense damage, Counts as telescoping sight and photo-visor)

Armor: Enforcer Light Carapace. All locations: 5

Weapons:
Power Axe (good-Cr): Attack 35 Dam 1d10+7(+3)E Pen 7, Power Field, Unbalanced.
Hellgun (good-Cr):     Attack 38 Dam 1d10+4E        Pen 7, S/3/_, clip 26/30, Reload 2 full, Reliable.
Frag Grenade:           Attack 38  Dam 2d10X           Pen 0, Blast(4), Range SB*3 (9)
Meltagun (Mezoa):       Attack 38  Dam 2d10+8 E      Pen 13, S/-/- Clip 10, Reload 3 full            

XP Spent: 10300     XP Remaining: 50
Expenditures:

Questions:
Answers:

Last edited by Pyritefoolsgold on Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:49 pm; edited 73 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptyFri May 10, 2019 5:56 pm

Looks good, though I cant see your XP expenses.
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptyFri May 10, 2019 6:06 pm

I think I've got everything now, XP is now at the bottom, in a spoiler since it's likely to get large over time. My background ate most of it.

Otherwise, I believe that I'm essentially ready.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptySat May 11, 2019 5:03 am

Pyritefoolsgold wrote:
I think I've got everything now, XP is now at the bottom, in a spoiler since it's likely to get large over time. My background ate most of it.

Otherwise, I believe that I'm essentially ready.

Seems good. Dont forget you can take any common availability item you want at character creation.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptySat May 11, 2019 7:09 am

Something I forgot earlier, for your question no. 9, you will get Peer (Mechanicus) as a free bonus talent
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptySat May 11, 2019 1:05 pm

Now that I think about it again, it occurs to me to ask if the path I chose makes the most sense for my background since being on a rogue trader ship would be similar to being in the imperial navy. But if that choice would have given me 'peer (navy), I do think this makes the most sense as he wouldn't have developed those connections on a rogue trader vessel.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptySat May 11, 2019 5:51 pm

Pyritefoolsgold wrote:
Now that I think about it again, it occurs to me to ask if the path I chose makes the most sense for my background since being on a rogue trader ship would be similar to being in the imperial navy. But if that choice would have given me 'peer (navy), I do think this makes the most sense as he wouldn't have developed those connections on a rogue trader vessel.

I guess my point was that as an enginseer leading those of the mechanicus (or converting), peer mechanicus would be most appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptySat May 11, 2019 6:06 pm

I agree that that makes the most sense with my backstory, so that's all good.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptyMon May 13, 2019 4:48 pm

Ok, all the page looks good, you character secret is on your thread, you got all your items. First past the finish line! All that's left is a reading of the emperor's tarot. Will be added to your private stuff soon.
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptyTue May 14, 2019 1:03 am

I've updated the backstory a bit and added some fluff about my servo-skull. I believe I'm ready to rock.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptySat May 18, 2019 5:36 pm

You look good! I particularly like your ideal mate. Makes me think of the traditional Mage + Warrior duo.

Oh, and I will be looking into allowing you to progressively updgrade your servo-skull. Could be an interesting display of your skill.
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptySat May 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Awesome. I definitely would like to put a diagnostor on him at some point, and perhaps an auspex as well.
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 12:23 pm

New Advancements from Skaros Spire adventure:

Toughness 100
Toughness 250
Ballistic Skill 250
Intelligence: 250
Willpower: 250
Awareness 100
Operate (Ground): 100
Trade (Armorer) 100
+Commerce: 100
+Scrutiny: 200
+Common Lore: Adeptus Astartes 100
+Demolition: 200
Dodge: 200

Last edited by Pyritefoolsgold on Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 9:49 am

Ok, so here is what more I need:

1) Operate: The only option at your current level, at 100 xp cost would be Operate(ground vehicle) (As operate replaces drive & pilot). Please note it as such.
2) Elite advances: Please mark those advances that are not on your normal progression. I can identify the following:

Demolition
Commerce
CL(arbites)
Scrutiny

Otherwise, everyting seems good, you can update your sheet.

Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 3:31 pm

I have made the correction, and will be marking EAs with a + sign, as above.

I also intended to take Common Lore 'Astartes' rather than 'Arbites.' Basically whatever is publicly known about space marines.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 3:28 pm

Go with something else, there isnt really enough useful info to differentiate it from FL(astartes). As an alternative, I would reccomend Common Lore (Imperium OR War.
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 5:37 pm

Ill go ahead and go with Cl (Imperium)... Unless the argent mark gives me a price break on FL (Astartes).
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 1:07 pm

XP spent.

Goals updated:

Updating Short term goal from “Comprehend the needs of this wondrous ancient vessel, and ensure that those needs are met.”

To: “Find Archaeotech machines, soothe their machine spirits, and put them to use for the good of humanity, and in doing so, comprehend them; Understand the threat posed by traitor space marines and find ways to combat them.”

---

Updating medium term goal from “Venture out to distant stars, establish new branches of the machine cult, and find forgotten archeotech to soothe their machine spirits after milennia of neglect”

To: “Discover the lost secrets of Archmagos Faraday-Gauss; work to reform the Machine Cult to focusing on putting machines to use to serve humanity; cautiously investigate unorthodox technologies in hopes of implementing them to reverse the Imperium’s decay.”

---

Updating Long term goal from “Ascend to a position of greatness within the court of the Filianatis Dynasty, to ensure that the dynasty does not stray from the True Path laid out by the Omnissiah”

To: “Become a major Technotheological figure heading a ‘restorationist’ focused sect of the Mechanicus; keep the Filiantius dynasty on a righteous path in line with the Omnissiah’s plan for the Imperium; Lead the Mechanicus further along the path of knowledge than orthodoxy has allowed.”

I would like to argue that from my previous goals, I have made significant progress in my medium-term goals of "Establish new branches of the machine cult, and find forgotten archeotech to soothe their machine spirits after milennia of neglect" by establishing Glacea as a research colony and starting the restoration of their ancient fusion reactors.

---

Goal revision 23:

Short term -  Revive the Arheocogitator and put it to productive use; Repair and replicate Glacean ancient technology; Connect with other like minded tech priests and establish a ‘restorationist’ theology; Prepare for and prove himself against a traitor Astartes threat.

Medium term - Discover the lost secrets of Archmagos Faraday-Gauss;keep the Filiantius dynasty on a righteous path in line with the Omnissiah’s plan for the Imperium Guide Torian in the path of the Omnissiah and convince him of the merits of the Restorationist philosophy; Become the leader of a new ‘Restorationist’ Mechanicus sect.

Long term - Guide the Restorationist movement to advance the living conditions of humanity and push further along the path of knowledge than orthodox Mechanicus thought would allow; Cautiously investigate unorthodox technologies in hopes of implementing them to reverse the Imperium’s decay. Restore the glory of the Anatem Imperabit Mundus
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 10:51 pm

The Restorationist Philosophy:

0001: The Imperium is a machine created by the Omnissiah, but left incomplete and deteriorated over time. The Imperium held in the mind of the Machine God and channeled through the mind of the Omnissiah is perfect.

0010: Every machine has a purpose. The purpose of the Imperium is to protect and provide for the needs of humanity.

0011: The machine cult was tasked by the Omnissiah with the mission of maintaining, repairing, and operating the machines that make up the infrastructure of the Imperium. This mission is of equal importance to progressing on the path of knowledge.

0100: Whether created by The Ancients or at the direction of The Omnissiah, most machines exist with the purpose of protecting and providing for humanity.

0101: The purpose of a machine informs its function and nature. The function and nature of a machine is best understood through putting that machine to its purpose.

0111: As the sixth mystery teaches, Understanding is the True Path to Comprehension. And as the seventh mystery teaches, Comprehension is the key to all things. Progress on the path of knowledge is maintained through comprehension of the function and purpose of machines.

1000: As the purpose of most machines is to protect and provide for humanity, to maintain, repair, and operate such machines to put them to that purpose provides a method to progress on the path of knowledge. This is as the Omnissiah intended, and demonstrates his true comprehension.

1001: As the Imperium is incomplete and deteriorated, it is the mission of the Adeptus Mechanicus to repair and complete the Imperium, to the best of their capability.

Secret Precepts:

1010: To comprehend the perfect Imperium is a necessary step on the path of knowledge. As the Imperium is incomplete, it is necessary to seek new techniques and technologies, though in such investigations, great care must be taken in accordance with the eight warnings.

1011: As the Omnissiah took the position of Emperor within the Imperium, he is also a vital component of the Imperium. As such, in the effort to repair the Imperium and restore it in line with its original design, a necessary step must be to repair the Omnissiah and restore him to his position as Emperor of Humanity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator   Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator Empty

Back to top Go down

Ignatio Pulsanus - Explorator
Page 1 of 1