A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game

Go down 
+4
Carnelian
Iron and Metal
Morganatic
bobarctor1977
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game Empty
PostSubject: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 10:49 am

Title says it all.

I like to GM dark, horror influenced games, usually with a dash of humor thrown in to lighten the mood. Dark heresy will be no exception.

I also like to do a lot of role playing. I don't really care if you know the rules well beyond the basics, but I do expect you to do your best with role playing.

Expect a lot of investigating with some combat thrown in for good measure.

I can roll up characters if you'd like, or you can create your own. Doesn't make much difference to me.

There will be a very real possibility your character will die; being a short, horror-influenced adventure I won't be afraid to make some heads roll. You've been warned. You can always roll up another character to join the action again. Fucking way she goes, man.

Cheers. Look forward to hearing from y'all.

EDIT: update --

If anyone's interested, I just realized my DH2 game has a PC that another player started playing but dropped. If anyone is interested in RPing her for the rest of the current mission, you'd be welcome to do so since I generally dislike trying to GMPC characters and have only been half-assedly doing so. PC is a ministorum priestess.

char sheet: https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com/t121-mission-leta-ministorum-priestess

You'd be welcome to roll up a new character once the party is back to home base. Wouldn't really make sense for any new PCs to show up and join the party on a remote backwoods moon ATM, but I'd be happy to have her ditch the party and let a shiny new PC join then.

Will post this in the recruitment thread as well.

he/him

Last edited by bobarctor1977 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : updating for player count)
Back to top Go down
Morganatic

Morganatic

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 11:27 am

Hiya! I'd be super interested in playing this - I have been really missing out on the opportunity to be horrified by some horror, and this sounds like just the right sorta thing. A few questions:

- What type of horror are you going for - like, psychological horror, visceral/pursuit horror, body horror, etc.? This may be a secret depending on the plot, but it might inform what kinds of character we're going for to maximise fun trauma.
- DH Second Edition, or First Edition?
- Would you be looking at posting this on the forum, or doing it by Skype etc. - and if the former, what kind of posting schedule would you be going for?
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 12:16 pm

Definitely 2e, definitely on the forums. Posting schedule, I'll probably post updates once a week at a minimum. I'll expect players to do the same, though I know life happens sometimes, so I'm not a stickler about it.

Type of horror...remains to be seen. Probably some sort of psychological horror. I'm a big fan of slowly building dread and tension...having that creepy thing lurking around a corner just out of sight.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 12:23 pm

I am interested as well. I would like to roll up my own PC for the game - something techy and probably a little too curious for their own good.

How many players are you looking to have in this playtest?

I can update/post daily at least.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 12:27 pm

I dunno yet. In my in-person games, I tend to cap the players at about 6...I'm sure handling a larger group is easier on the forums, but conversely, I think a crowd makes horror elements a little harder to pull off, unless I'm killing half the party in the first half of the game 😜

So I'll say let's cap it at 5 or 6 players. First people to post get a seat.

I don't like excluding anyone but if this game goes even moderately well I'm sure I'll run another adventure eventually.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 1:38 pm

If you need numbers I'm in, but I'll stand aside for any of the new guys who are interested.
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 5:11 pm

Count me in!

Let me know when and what I need to do!

Looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 10:46 pm

Im in.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 7:21 am

I'd love to have you join us, Dave! We'll see how many people express interest.

Theo, I probably won't be starting the game for at least 2 weeks yet, but I'm aiming to have it up and running by the end of january. For now, id just say sit tight and feel free to get started on your character, or ping me if you would rather I roll one up for you.

Also y'all can feel free to get started discussing characters and ideas here, I know some players like to make sure they have a balanced party or don't double up on careers too much.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 8:45 am

Are the supplements OK for PC creation? I haven't looked at them in a while, but I know they add a few homeworld options and whatnot.

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 8:54 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
Are the supplements OK for PC creation? I haven't looked at them in a while, but I know they add a few homeworld options and whatnot.

I'm unfamiliar with them, I don't have hard copies, am not certain if I have any of the PDFs. That said, I should be fine with anything that's not too crazy or out there. If you have the rules and want to go ahead and use them, go for it, just maybe run it by me first if there's anything super outlandish. And of course, no xenos characters Laughing

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 9:02 am

Haha, yeah it's nothing like that. In fact, send me your email in a PM for reasons.

The three supplements are "Enemies Within," "Enemies Without," and "Enemies Beyond."

They all are a take on the main Inquisitorial Factions and the various enemies players could face - Heresy (Hereticus)/Xenos (Xenos)/and Daemons (Malleus) respectively.

Each one has new Home Worlds, Backgrounds, and Roles as well as gear and adventure paths. Pretty cool.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 9:24 am

PC Idea

Just off the top of my head, I am thinking someone from a Research Station homeworld who is a little too curious for their own good. Definitely not a traitor, but has Heretek qualities. They are probably willing to inquire and explore and push the boundaries while remaining loyal and valued for their knowledge. That is why I am thinking the Inquisitor saw something useful in them.

Not super combat heavy, but more of a knowledge and tech buff for the team.

Back to top Go down
Morganatic

Morganatic

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 4:30 pm

Awesome! I'm super looking forward to this, and looking forward to RPing with y'all.

I'm mooting some sort of religious character - possibly a member of the Ministorum, possibly a Sororitas novitiate of some sort (possibly Order Dialogous, possible Sabine or Pronatus). Pious (but probably more of a mystic than a firebrand), a little naive, possibly a little theologically esoteric, but in the same way as RL monastic orders were. I see her as someone who was probably selected by her Inquisitor not so much for the strength and fire of her faith as its unquestioning placidity. If you wanted someone to carry the evil tome and not open it or question it, to talk kind and reassuring words to the Temple Guardians to get you past them, to offer reassuring and counsel to her fellow acolytes - it was her. She might not be the stablest person in a horror game ... but that's part of the fun, right?

Probably a counterpart to what Iron and Metal describes; what that character is to the Creed of Mars, she would be to the Creed of Terra and Ophelia VII. I see her as a social character, with a good grounding in historical, theological and 'humanities' lores.  

Not sure on homeworld -> Sororitas -> Sage (or Seeker if Iron and Metal doesn't want to double up).
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 4:37 pm

Holy shit... another character who isn't just a min-maxing gun blazer? Now I am really, really stoked to get this game going.

I won't be taking Sage, Moganatic. Feel free!

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 10:25 pm

Ya, both characters sound super interesting. I'll be honest..I've barely played games with people who knew much at all about 40k lore, or who made scholarly characters. I'm super interested in it, but I guess my point is that this will probably be a learning experience and new endeavor for me as well.

Heck, Morgan I barely know anything about the adeptus sororitas myself or anything about the subsects/orders you mentioned - I'll have to do some homework before we get started!

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Morganatic

Morganatic

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Lay-Sister Zejneba Sadikovic

Quarantine World (Kul) (Enemies Beyond, p78) -> Adepta Sororitas -> Sage

Background:

Statistics
WS: 27
BS: 32
S: 26
T: 30
Ag: 27
Int: 45 (+5 advance)
Wp: 42 (+5 advance)
Per: 47 (+5 divination, +5 advance)
Fel: 38 (+5 advance)

Skills
Athletics (s), charm (fel), common lore (Adepta Sororitas) (int), linguistics (High Gothic, Low Gothic) (int), medicae (int), awareness (per), scrutiny +10 (per), forbidden lore (Warp +10, Daemonology +10) (int), trade (painter) (int).

Talents
Weapon training (las, chain), clues from the crowds (re-roll attempts to gather information from a crowd 1/day), infused knowledge (trained in common/scholastic lore, +1 DoS in those loses).

Traits
Incorruptible devotion (whenever an Adepta Sororitas character would gain corruption points, she gains that many insanity points -1 (min. 0) instead)
Myths Made Truth (trained in Forbidden Lore (Warp, Daemonology) at half intelligence bonus, rounded down)
Phobia (the dark).

Aptitudes
Fieldcraft, Social, Intelligence, Knowledge, Perception, Tech, Willpower

Equipment
hand flamer, chainblade, armoured bodyglove, chrono, dataslate, stablight, micro-bead. Acquisitions: good-quality brazier of St. Roberto (Enemies Within, p49), long-las.

Experience
Scrutiny 100
Awareness 100
Scrutiny +10  200
Int advance 100
WP advance 250
Trade (artist) 100
Per advance 100
Infused knowledge 400
Fel advance 250

Dice rolls:

Last edited by Morganatic on Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 2:41 pm

Morg, we have an actual PC thread set up now.

Here: https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com/f27-placeholder-dh2-pcs

Back to top Go down
Morganatic

Morganatic

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 2:57 pm

Ooops, sorry! Posting a slightly modified version in there!
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 3:33 pm

Is there still space here? I really, REALLY want to play an untouchable.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 3:39 pm

I think we can fit you in Merc, tho I will cap it at that.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 9:32 pm

GOD YES. MURC IS IN!!!!

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
Threebad

Threebad

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 1:05 pm

Hey, is there still a spot?  I'm new to the forum but not new to pbp games and definitely not new to dark heresy.
I was thinking about playing a highborn Administratum clerk, or a Ministorum priest.

Also, what rules for character creation and is there anything you want to use specifically for rolling stats?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Threebad, welcome to the site! If you could, please make a post in the "Introductions" thread so you can get to know the community a bit.

Also, take a look at the Forum Rules thread (it talks about dice rolling and all that): https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com/t1-forum-rules-dice-rolling-starting-games

Last edited by Iron and Metal on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 1:18 pm

Hey Threebad, welcome to the site!

Sorry, but I'm not interested in running a game for 7 players. Truthfully, I prefer games around the 4 player count (not including the GM), so 6 is already pushing it for me.

I'm certain I'll run another game soon, or you might be able to find another game going on the site to join.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Threebad

Threebad

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 1:19 pm

That's fair, have a good game Smile
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 3:28 pm

I said at the start that I'd defer my spot for any new players to the forum and I am still up for that (as much as I'd like to play my Psyker). Bob is that ok with you?
Back to top Go down
Threebad

Threebad

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 9:34 pm

That's very kind of you Carnelian.
If you'll have me on board, I've rolled up a Ministorum priest Bob.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 6:11 am

Sure thing, Threebad! Welcome to the game.

Still on track to get the game up and running by end of the month. Not much else you need to know save for what's been covered in this thread.

Are you on the LINE app yet?

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 10:15 am

Threebad wrote:
That's very kind of you Carnelian.
If you'll have me on board, I've rolled up a Ministorum priest Bob.

Find the play-by-post master thread. At the bottom is a "placeholder" for this DH2 game. Within the PCs thread you can find all the PC profiles already posted and use those as a template for your Priest.

I am sure you already checked it out, but we use Orokos.com for rolling purposes and the LINE smartphone app to stay in communication outside of the forum (essentially a real-time OOC). Once you download the app, you can add me by username: nemby

Welcome aboard! All this new blood is giving me a head rush.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game   Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game Empty

Back to top Go down

Accepting 1 player for dark heresy game
Page 1 of 1