A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tunes for 40kRPGs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

Tunes for 40kRPGs Empty
PostSubject: Tunes for 40kRPGs   Tunes for 40kRPGs EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 10:01 am

Hi all,

I know it doesn't really fit with PBP, but I love picking solid tunes to play for in-person RP sessions. Also helps me get in the mood and brainstorm ideas for characters and games I GM. Basically while I'm bored all day at work, I'm digging through spotify to try to find cool atmospheric or thematic tunes to play for my games.

Hell, I would be interested in just hearing more about what y'all listen to in general. I love talking about music.

Anyway, here are some of my favorites for my 40kRPGs:

Earth - Concrete Desert. I adore this album. Great atmospheric, tense music that feels appropriate for games in wastelands, deserts, and ruined cityscape. Earth also does a lot of cool ambient country if you dig this.

Tangerine Dream - Sorcerer OST. Tense synth tunes from a classic movie.

Templar Chant. Perfect for DW and Ecclesiarchy rituals.

Sinoia Caves: Beyond the Black Rainbow OST. Creepy, unsettling synths. Check out "1966: Let the New Age of Enlightment Begin" and "Run Program: Sentionauts."

Dawn of War 3 OST, Space Marine OST. Just solid video game soundtracks for battles.

Sunn O))) - Kannon. Drone metal to build tension. Not everyone's cup of tea for sure but I love it for the feeling of crawling through a space hulk or ruined hive city.

Ruins of Beverast - Exuvia. Black / doom metal with a tribal/cultish vibe. Could make for cool background music to a battle with a horde of cultists or s/t.

Simon Wilkinson - Through The Ergosphere. Great dark ambient space music. Nice to just have going in the background for rogue trader or any other game with space exploration. Everything Simon Wilkinson does is cool if you like this.

Share your favorites or let me know what you think of my suggestions! Let's all share recs and get some great tunes for our games/lives.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Tunes for 40kRPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tunes for 40kRPGs   Tunes for 40kRPGs EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 5:46 pm

I love this post. I will check all these out and get some tunes up later. Fuckin solid ass initiative, bob.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Solodice

Solodice

Tunes for 40kRPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tunes for 40kRPGs   Tunes for 40kRPGs EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 12:22 am

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

Tunes for 40kRPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tunes for 40kRPGs   Tunes for 40kRPGs EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 7:40 am

Had a quick listen to these while trying not to upset my hangover. These are all great guys. Bob the Templar chant track was really cool
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Tunes for 40kRPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tunes for 40kRPGs   Tunes for 40kRPGs EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 9:22 am

Just listened to Amon Tobin's "The Clean Up (Lorn Remix)" - super good at setting a creepy tone. Expect to see that come up in Only War at some point. Really awesome.

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

Tunes for 40kRPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tunes for 40kRPGs   Tunes for 40kRPGs EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 8:38 am

Haven't had a chance to listen to these yet but super stoked to when I have a second.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Tunes for 40kRPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tunes for 40kRPGs   Tunes for 40kRPGs EmptySun May 20, 2018 11:48 am

My wife just recently came across this gem. She ran out of the bathroom and yelled at Alexa to play it and was like, "Jeff you have got to hear this!"  Man, I love her.

Granted, it fits more for Fantasy style games, but... not really. Just fucking awesome.

EDIT:From her bio - Mary Crowell's second solo album, Acolytes of the Machine & Other Gaming Stories (2012), is an unabashed love letter to the hobby of playing Dungeons & Dragons created by a singer/songwriter and folk/jazz piano composer who plays a Bard in Real Life.

Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

Tunes for 40kRPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tunes for 40kRPGs   Tunes for 40kRPGs EmptyFri May 25, 2018 4:38 pm

If you ever want inspiration for some crazy games, Check out Gloryhammer

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Tunes for 40kRPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tunes for 40kRPGs   Tunes for 40kRPGs EmptyFri May 25, 2018 6:28 pm

SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO "MASSACRE ANNE"

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

Tunes for 40kRPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tunes for 40kRPGs   Tunes for 40kRPGs EmptyWed May 30, 2018 6:32 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO "MASSACRE ANNE"

Just now listening. Wtf

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Tunes for 40kRPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tunes for 40kRPGs   Tunes for 40kRPGs EmptyWed May 30, 2018 6:54 pm

Awesome, right? Smile

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

Tunes for 40kRPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tunes for 40kRPGs   Tunes for 40kRPGs EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 12:06 pm

Back with more:

Dylan Carlson - Conquistador. Nothing makes me feel like I'm in a fallout-style desert wasteland or post-apocalyptic world more than these tunes.

Godflesh - Streetcleaner. This feels like the soundtrack to necromunda or a 40k cityfight to me. Loudass, sort of oppressive industrial metal.

Electric Wizard - Witchcult Today Excellent for a sensation of impending doom, especially with Lovecraftian horror, Dunwich being the standout track of course.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Tunes for 40kRPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tunes for 40kRPGs   Tunes for 40kRPGs EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 6:07 pm

<3 Your posts here are gold.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tunes for 40kRPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tunes for 40kRPGs   Tunes for 40kRPGs Empty

Back to top Go down

Tunes for 40kRPGs
Page 1 of 1