A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General OOC

Go down 
+4
bobarctor1977
Sylphilis
Iron and Metal
Solodice
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

General OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 8:30 am

Actually, scratch that, I changed my mind. Taking back for myself, I am going to post that IC.

he/him
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 4:45 pm

Dex test per GM request:

dex test: 1d100 3

Lol. Didn't have much hopes for Herschel's dexterity, but well well well...

EDIT: that's 4 DoS, btw.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 5:24 pm

bobarctor1977 wrote:
Dex test per GM request:

dex test: 1d100 3

Lol. Didn't have much hopes for Herschel's dexterity, but well well well...

EDIT: that's 4 DoS, btw.

And that means Avalon will not be able to take the cube from Herschel.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 9:48 am

I don't know if I have mentioned this or brought this up before (apologies if I have). Have you thought about adopting the Wrath & Glory ammunition rules? I adopted them in my OW game, and they legit cut down a ton of headache for house keeping with keeping track of ammo. They also allow some cool little boosts for weapons at the cost of using your "reloads." The big sell for me, is that it finally allows players to actually run out of ammo, which I literally never saw happen before.

Here's the discussion we were having about it, if you're interested:

https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com/t219-wrath-glory-ammunition-reload-rules-revamp

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 2:31 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
I don't know if I have mentioned this or brought this up before (apologies if I have). Have you thought about adopting the Wrath & Glory ammunition rules? I adopted them in my OW game, and they legit cut down a ton of headache for house keeping with keeping track of ammo. They also allow some cool little boosts for weapons at the cost of using your "reloads." The big sell for me, is that it finally allows players to actually run out of ammo, which I literally never saw happen before.

Here's the discussion we were having about it, if you're interested:

https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com/t219-wrath-glory-ammunition-reload-rules-revamp

Yeah, I like this like a lot. Ammo counting is dumb and rarely does anyone burn through a mag in a single instance of combat (it would take 8 rounds of continuous semi-auto fire for a Legion Bolter to run out of ammo).

I'll throw this up in the house-rules thread. Won't have drastic effects but should streamline ammo in general.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 3:07 pm

Sweet, man! I am oddly excited about this lol.

One thing we were discussing in the OW game (and that thread I linked) was what to do with special ammo. These were the options:

Special Ammo

- 1) Apply the profile to the weapon and once it is time to reload, it goes away.
- 2) Apply the profile to the weapon and allow it to continue until all reloads are gone.
- 3) Allow the player to switch back and forth between standard weapon profile and special ammo profile at will until reloads are gone.
- 4) Activate the special ammo profile at the beginning of a combat/encounter and once it ends you have expended all of that special ammo.

Ultimately, I ruled that we were going to use number 4. Haven't had a chance to playtest it yet though.

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 4:04 pm

I would say that special ammo would have its own individual reloads though instead of just letting you activate them. Keeps them from feeling to scarce (but still special) and leads to more overall utility. I would tie in availability for how many reloads you get. Average to below you get 3. Scarce to very rare gets you 2. Then anything extremely rare and above gets you 1. Using said reload nets you the ammo's abilities for that combat scene and is gone at the end of it and doesn't refresh like standard ammo.

Last edited by Solodice on Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I like number 4 but have my own thoughts on special ammo)
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 4:25 pm

I like that. That's a good in-between.

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 4:28 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
I like that. That's a good in-between.

Also lets any rambos switch between special ammo if they so please but they'll be burning through their supplies at an alarming rate.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 7:45 am

Sorry for the delay on posting. Kept feeling like I should be able to come up with a plan but couldn't think of anything...but I finally have an idea.

Can I time it so that when the horrors show up, I trap them in a warp vortex (or trap most of them)? Given that there are tight corridors, the 4 meter radius of the power should be able to affect most of them as they move through a choke point.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 1:41 pm

Yeah, you can give that a shot. A warp vortex should catch all of them.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 6:10 am

fear test from pink horrors: 1d100 74

fate pointing that as I do not want to look like a sissy running from some pink horrors in front of all the cool kids...

fate point fear test: 1d100 38

Target number was 42 so that's barely passing.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 1:42 pm

Weyland is ready to move on. If Etthart has any issues, he will hear him out without reproach, but alas, the gifts of Nurgle must be spread when and where they can.

Back to top Go down
Mange-Horse

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed May 24, 2023 12:18 pm

Apologies if this is not the right place to post this, but is this game still taking new players?
I’m new to this place and PbP in general, but I’d love to get into Black Crusade as my local group is not particularly interested in it. I’ve dabbled in it before but we’ve never had a campaign go on for very long.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed May 24, 2023 1:12 pm

Mange-Horse wrote:
Apologies if this is not the right place to post this, but is this game still taking new players?
I’m new to this place and PbP in general, but I’d love to get into Black Crusade as my local group is not particularly interested in it. I’ve dabbled in it before but we’ve never had a campaign go on for very long.

I don't mind if you ask here.

As of right now I'm not taking on new players. I do suggest checking out the recruitment thread and seeing if another game catches your attention or maybe even think about running your own game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General OOC
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2