A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc

Go down 
+6
Azza
deaddmwalking
Hydrako
Iron and Metal
Sylphilis
Gurkhal
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 5:42 am

Cool - that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 7:53 am

We're all committed to letting Seraphan shine in this conversation.

Edit - Ie, we're backing his play and not working at cross-purposes (at least, not yet).
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 3:41 pm

Absolutely.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 8:13 am

Very true.
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 9:52 am

Time for more psychic tricks!

Same as before.

Action: Unfettered casting of the Psychic Power "Reading" on the Cardinal.

Focus Power Test

WP 57
Roll 38

http://orokos.com/roll/613211

Another success! It will be very interesting to read this Cardinal while he speaks with the other Astartes of the Kill Team.

EDITED

Last edited by Gurkhal on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added my WP and the result of the roll)
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 9:55 am

Hey Gurk, for posterity could you post your target and result on here so we know what you're rolling against? That way we can laugh/cry or cheer when we see what happens!
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 12:37 pm

Sure, will do.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 3:42 am

Gurkhal wrote:
Time for more psychic tricks!

Same as before.

Action: Unfettered casting of the Psychic Power "Reading" on the Cardinal.

Focus Power Test

WP 57
Roll 38

http://orokos.com/roll/613211

Another success! It will be very interesting to read this Cardinal while he speaks with the other Astartes of the Kill Team.

EDITED

I was wondering if this would happen. At this moment, there is a -20 to the test which makes it a fail by 1. If you can pass a +20 psyniscience, I'll tell you why.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 5:38 am

Damn. So close.

Ok, here comes my Psyniscience test.

Per 57 + 20 = 77

Roll 68

http://orokos.com/roll/613582

Another success! At least I'll know why I failed.
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 7:07 am

Atta boy!
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 4:31 am

In case it helps us decide where we're going here are the five locations I've pulled out from the convo with the major

- Site 1 is the shipping port. It's not big, but it will make the influx of further equipment easier to accomplish. It's also furthest east, and should be the most lightly defended.

- Site 2," He says, moving his finger towards an x to the west of site 1, "is a strip of coast that should allow us into the outpost on the west flank.

- Site 3," He said, moving his finger towards the middle ground, "is site 3. This is the most direct route, and we expect it to be the most heavily defended.

- Four is over here," He says, moving further west, "has a natural defense in the form of high cliffs. It, like two, will allow us to entrap the outpost in a pincer motion.

- The last," moving west to the last one, "is a penesula the we need to secure in order to protect the flanks."

Heath - can we all fit on the converted transport with Ambrose?
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 11:59 am

Site 3 and 4 seem to be the hardest to take, so I would say should be our target/s.

Site 3 the major has said is likely to have the heaviest defense which is an obvious objective for us. The thick of the fighting.

Site 4 is going to be tough because of the cliffs - not sure how we'd get up there if chosen. A question for the major and what he plans.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 2:18 pm

I think we should take Site 3 as it will be the hardest fighting and freeing that up early will save the IG resources and time for other sectors/fast entrenchment of Site 3.

I believe Andrew had a dissenting position, however.

Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 8:51 am

Would jump packs not negate the problems caused by the cliffs?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 9:50 am

I'll try and get a post up from Hydrako tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 12:59 pm

Jump packs will bypass the cliffs.
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 9:45 am

To Albrecht: Bring it on, Templar. Cool
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 9:47 am

The ending to that IC was outstanding.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 10:06 am

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooololol
well played Gurk haha
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 10:50 am

Sorry, I don’t get why you’d expect an aggressive response from Albrecht from what Bleda just said?
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 11:18 am

Not an aggressive repsonse but certainly a derogatory. I just assume that being a Black Templar, previous interaction and Bleda's poor performance so far in battle, Albrecht will gleefully take any half decent chance to get one up on that freaking witch. Its not like they've been very friendly with each other before this one, with their trading of insuiniations and veiled insults.

EDITED: And I kind of like their interaction so far. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 12:08 pm

Yeah ok 'aggressive' was the wrong word, even so I unfortunately don't see anything in what Bleda has said that Albrecht would necessarily latch onto to have a dig back this time.

I also like our interactions and do not worry I often scour your posts to see if there is something Albrecht can have a dig at. He's not petty though so won't have a go at anything you say.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Richard brings up an interesting point: should we renew our original oath for IC flavor and RP genius, or were we thinking of choosing a new oath given the current objective?

Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 12:47 pm

IC flavour and RP was what I was going for. Was thinking if we have the Lt. witness it in front of the guard it might boost morale

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 2:52 pm

Hell yeah

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 8:22 am

Brett, your orders literally were the opposite of the plan we hatched OOC. lol Was that on purpose?

The plan was that the heavies take the port, jump packs take the cliffs, and then we flank site three. The entire time the Guard forces meant for site 3 will delay and move on it more slowly than the other elements so that we all converge - roughly - at the same time.

Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 8:35 am

It sounded to me like everyone WANTED to take Site 3 (because it was the most heavily fortified) but the jumppacks would take the cliff because of their superior mobility. So yeah, take it as Cassiel being all 'great plan guys, but guess who's in charge?'.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 10:47 am

Heath, what Assets from Rites of Battle (214 -->) will we have access to? Everything associated with the Imperial Guard section? I could see how, being split, that could potentially come in handy at least in the push toward Site 3.

As for Oaths, if we wanted to take a new one, Honor The Chapter has new oaths for every Astartes Chapter in the book. Just at first glance, the Black Templar "Endless Crusade" Oath looks pretty fucking sick. Bonus Renown for each primary and secondary objective we complete, which could stack up as we are hitting multiple targets which I am sure have multiple objectives. Every squad member gains Brutal Charge - which is good for our melee people; squad modes: bolter assault, furious charge, and regroup.

So, pretty offense heavy. But I haven't looked at all the rest yet. Just an idea.

Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 11:56 am

I'm away from my books so I'm counting on everyone else to make this AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 2:28 pm

Pretty much just the Imperial guard assets for the moment.
I also pulled these from the old site, some customs I had made up, almost specifically for this mission.

22.New Assets
Adeptus Ministorum Assets:
-Frateris Militia regiment, cost 20, -
-Battle Sister Squad, Cost 40,Respected
-Battle Priest Attache', Cost 12, Respected
-Exorcist Strike, Cost 30, Distinguished
-Repentia Squad support, Cost 40, Respected
-Seraphim squad strike, Cost 50, distinguished
-Celestian Sqaud strike, Cost 60, Famed

Adeptum Administratum/Arbites Assets:
-Resupply, Cost varies, renown varies
-Riot squad, Cost 15, Respected
-Repressor unit, Cost 30, respected
-Divert Resources, Cost 20,-

These Assets will only be available once the port is taken, same goes for any IG assets that give you access to tanks or anything heavy like that.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 3:53 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Just at first glance, the Black Templar "Endless Crusade" Oath looks pretty fucking sick. Bonus Renown for each primary and secondary objective we complete, which could stack up as we are hitting multiple targets which I am sure have multiple objectives. Every squad member gains Brutal Charge - which is good for our melee people; squad modes: bolter assault, furious charge, and regroup.

So, pretty offense heavy. But I haven't looked at all the rest yet. Just an idea.

I like this oath. Praise be!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 4:07 pm

Is that to say then that we won’t get any direct aid from the Confessor unless we pay for it (taking into account the painstaking convincing of his punk ass and doing all the leg work on the port)?

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 3:08 am

Just wanna say I'm ok with the oath and that I'm alive and well.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2018 5:46 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Is that to say then that we won’t get any direct aid from the Confessor unless we pay for it (taking into account the painstaking convincing of his punk ass and doing all the leg work on the port)?

Sent from Topic'it App

Dam skippy - else the whole concept of reserve requisition and calling in aid goes out the window with a few words and becomes a wasted game mechanic.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2018 8:13 pm

I agree. Sorry, I should have said "Unless we pay full price for it?"

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 7:37 am

Its go time. New tertiary objective added.

I need final locations and initiatives from all.

And this is your last chance to speak to each other before it begins.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 4:32 pm

Oh fuck yes.

Initiative: 13
http://orokos.com/roll/620555

Final location - with my boys about to storm the fuck out of some cliffs.

Heath, didn't we already complete this tertiary objective: "Slay a synapse creature (Marius Avinicus objective)"? We made that Harridan our bitch and she was running them skies.

Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 8:36 pm

Bleda

Initaitve: 6 (5+1)

http://orokos.com/roll/620602

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 11:45 am

Albrecht is going Cliffs, Ho!

Ini https://orokos.com/roll/620679 = 9
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Oh fuck yes.

Initiative: 13
http://orokos.com/roll/620555

Final location - with my boys about to storm the fuck out of some cliffs.

Heath, didn't we already complete this tertiary objective: "Slay a synapse creature (Marius Avinicus objective)"? We made that Harridan our bitch and she was running them skies.

Harridan isnt synapse, I made sure to double check.

For those who didnt read my post......
Serephan- http://orokos.com/roll/620739 - 8 and assuming cliffs?
Khol - http://orokos.com/roll/620740 - 10, cliffs
Cassiel - http://orokos.com/roll/620741 - 10, port
Makradon - http://orokos.com/roll/620742 - 5, port
Hydrako - http://orokos.com/roll/620751 - 5, port
Ambrose - http://orokos.com/roll/620753 - 2, port

Also, noticed a few men are hurt, Did you want a chance to patch them up before they go into a major assault?
Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 2:50 pm

I was literally about to do it lol
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 12:47 pm

Oh shit, that's right. I remember asking about that. Super strange the Harridan isn't synapse. I think I just equate size to synapse. That's what she said?

Back to top Go down
Hydrako
Senpai
Hydrako

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Gutted, was about to get in one more IC before we start. Here it is if you wanna add it Heath. If not, no worries. I'll just leave it here for some more flavor. Shark flavor

Vox check, Hydrako murmured as he walked towards Ambrose. They were the slowest, so they needed to take the port in the Chimeras. His hunger was growing, sharpening his senses and pushing his aggression levels upward. He approached the dreadnought in a fashion that was far louder than he would have liked, and spoke while his eyes scanned the mortals loading into their transports.We will end up being bastions these feeders gather around when the attack commences. They will fold under the weight of fire that meets us unless our armoured spear pierces the heart of the defense at the port. I will be with you when we land, and we will march in step to the sound of xenos death screams, Venerable One. His teeth began grinding again, self-sharpening for the coming battle. He reached up wiped his mouth, which was now bloody again from a new gash, leaving a smear of blood on his pale skin. Then he wiped his bloody gauntlet across the winged skull on his chest. Blood was now in the water, and more would follow. Much more...
Back to top Go down
deaddmwalking

deaddmwalking

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 5:52 pm

Thanks for rolling initiative. I'm back from France but my wife has two weeks of work there so I'm running solo with the three kiddos. It keeps me busy!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 7:50 pm

Syl, for Cliffs you have action on Seraphan. Did you mean Lucius?

EDIT: Awareness to see if we can spot any Synapse units on overwatch peering out from any of these rich assholes' houses. Probably a penalty for doing it while flying hard; Per 40 +10 (skill) +10 (heightened awareness) -?? <60; rolled 4/5 DoS
http://orokos.com/roll/621101

Lucius got eyes.

Back to top Go down
Azza
Senpai
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 11:37 pm

Init 6 sorry I'm late phone died needed a loaner

https://orokos.com/roll/621134

Nevermind I'll take the 8 and yes cliffs
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2018 1:57 am

Iron and Metal wrote:
Syl, for Cliffs you have action on Seraphan. Did you mean Lucius?

EDIT: Awareness to see if we can spot any Synapse units on overwatch peering out from any of these rich assholes' houses. Probably a penalty for doing it while flying hard; Per 40 +10 (skill) +10 (heightened awareness) -?? <60; rolled 4/5 DoS
http://orokos.com/roll/621101

Lucius got eyes.

Yes its Lucius, not Serephan, and there is no Los on synapse creatures.
With 5 dos on that test, you should be able to come to some pretty concrete conclusions.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2018 3:15 am

Sorry buddy, thanks for rolling init for me.
Back to top Go down
insane935
Senpai
insane935

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2018 6:42 am

Initiative
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2018 6:42 am

The member 'insane935' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 1

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc   Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 5.2 - Ironbound - Ooc
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next