A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] EmptySat May 04, 2019 5:34 am

Looking for 1 new player, we've had a disappearance. Arch-militant, Missionary and Rogue Trader (mechanical, not thematic) slots open.

TLDR: Starting rogue trader game, partial open-world, with strong focus of exploration, political intrigue, investigation and heroic adventure! Looking for 5-6 players with good initiative & powerful ambition! The campaign is partly inspired by the Duck Tales animated series.
De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] Parvus10
“We are cursed. Two centuries I have strived to reverse this families’ fortunes. Two centuries all have died like flies. Two centuries the thrones have flowed, no, TORRENTED out of our great and blessed vault. The bath of affluence, greatest holy observance our family to the emperor, has been impossible to observe in decades. The greatest relic of our family, the silver coin of power, has been lost. Almost Every single family member killed by pirates, freak accidents and ill fortune. All that is left is our oldest vessel, the Anatem Imperabit Mundus…and YOU. You still live, while all other have suffered or died. Something in you is keeping you safe, and that is why I am betting on you.
Your task? Why, to change all this children! I have liquidated the last assets we had to retrofit this ancient and unique vessel. Our last loyal voidsmen are aboard. We are full of supplies. This is our last chance. It is up to you to find loyal companions who might have the power to break this curse. And as we go further, I will teach you the family secrets. If our line is to survive, you should learn them. If not, they shall die with me.”

Parvus Filianatis, patriarch of the Filianatis dynasty.
Themes: Exploration, Mysteries of the past, Political intrigue, (Anti)Heroic Adventure

This game will be a partial open world Rogue Trader game. Your objective: to regain the family’s lost power, and to then go far above it through cunning, guile and force! This will begin like a standard Rogue Trader game, save that your profit factor & vessel are already specified; you will start poor, with a unique starship of ancient pedigree. You will also need to chose: Are you a member of the family, or one of its allies?

You can see my world anvil page for more information about the world you will become involved in:
https://www.worldanvil.com/w/segmentum-obscurus-the-calisota-sector-wendigobob

-A new halo-zone region, the Arcadian Expanse, has recently been opened. Untouched by man since the Dark Age, you shall be the first to enter it thanks to some well-placed bribes. What wonders can be found beyond the Dread Gate?
-The Filianatis Dynasty is ancient, with its founder Praeparcus, said to be the first Rogue Trader, gifted his warrant by the emperor himself. He was even elevated to sainthood, as patron of ALL rogue traders. He had many secrets, most of which remain hidden to this day. What truths, what knowledge might this heroic figure secreted away amongst his family?
-The Malediction haunts the Filianatis still. Some suspect warp-magic, as the effect has been too thorough, too absolute. The dynasty made many enemies over the last 10 millenia, so it is no easy task to find the one responsible.

Last edited by Wendigo Bob on Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:14 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] EmptySat May 04, 2019 8:29 am

Not sure if I have the time to do a character for this - but I definitely want to. Having said that, would you consider play-testing the Updated Rogue Trader PC Aptitude System rather than the standard?

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] EmptySat May 04, 2019 8:37 am

To respond, I will consider the updated system. I'm primarily a fan of the old system, but if we have something solid (with tools to include the RT specialties) I am open to it.
Back to top Go down
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] EmptySat May 04, 2019 9:56 am

I am definitly interested but I will need a few day to go through materials (and I have to find a rulebook). But it looks cool
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] EmptySat May 04, 2019 11:25 am

blackadder wrote:
I am definitly interested but I will need a few day to go through materials (and I have to find a rulebook). But it looks cool

I can provide you links to the books. I will also need to work through all the homebrew stuff.
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] EmptyThu May 09, 2019 5:33 pm

I am a huge fan of rogue trader and am extremely interested in this. If there's no one else interested, I'd like to play a family member. I've run and played the game before, both too briefly.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] EmptyThu May 09, 2019 5:37 pm

Dude/Dudette, we are in NEED of on more player right now.

Disclaimer: I am not the GM lol

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] EmptyThu May 09, 2019 5:37 pm

Pyritefoolsgold wrote:
I am a huge fan of rogue trader and am extremely interested in this. If there's no one else interested, I'd like to play a family member. I've run and played the game before, both too briefly.

Well the roster is mostly full, but we do have place for an Explorator (even a heretek is ok, IF you're discrete about it). They can be a member of the family (though we already have several, its quite popular). You interested?
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] EmptyThu May 09, 2019 5:44 pm

I am extremely down to play an Explorator, and actually have a character in mind for it. In that case, I'd probably be a non-family member, but instead be a long-term retainer.

Is there anything I need to know before I crack out the books and start building a character?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] EmptyThu May 09, 2019 5:49 pm

#Hero

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] EmptyThu May 09, 2019 5:50 pm

Pyritefoolsgold wrote:
I am extremely down to play an Explorator, and actually have a character in mind for it. In that case, I'd probably be a non-family member, but instead be a long-term retainer.

Is there anything I need to know before I crack out the books and start building a character?

Go and check out the character creation thread here:

https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com/t326-de-maledicto-anatis-character-creation-guidelines-still-incomplete#9410

The first important thing is my 25 questions (second post); its a method I borrowed from L5R where I present a set of question to help you define your character. Mechanical considerations are on the third post.

For character details you can create a thread here:
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com/f52-de-maledicto-anatis-dramatis-persona-magna-rogue-trader
Check one of the other character sheets for a general template to present your character.

For rolling dice we use the following site:
https://orokos.com
Its a dice roller that conserves all rolls, ideal for our purposes in PbP.
Back to top Go down
Pyritefoolsgold

Pyritefoolsgold

PostSubject: Re: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] EmptyThu May 09, 2019 7:39 pm

I have posted, and will continue answering questions later. I believe that I've made all relevant choices.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 3:57 pm

Looking for 1 new player, we've had a disappearance. Arch-militant & Seneschal slots open.
Back to top Go down
FelicitousPsychicFerret

FelicitousPsychicFerret

PostSubject: Re: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 3:15 am

I'd be interested in playing a Seneschal (if the slot's still open?)
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 4:14 am

Apologies, should have closed this.
Back to top Go down
FelicitousPsychicFerret

FelicitousPsychicFerret

PostSubject: Re: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 7:51 am

It's all right, thanks for your quick reply anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]   De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

De Maledicto Anatis-A rogue trader campaign [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1