A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blood on the Sands - OOC

Go down 
+3
Sylphilis
Carnelian
Iron and Metal
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 1:51 am

With the Kank we'll not need to worry about weight to much, just what we can afford.

So lets take 5 days of water each. We can carry a water skin on each of our persons and the Kank can carry the rest. We can do something similar with food.

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 3:42 pm

With the Kank and water that leaves us with 131 CP. So enough for extra stuff like say some desert clothing (2 cp each and weighs 4 pounds).

Apollon is carrying 84 pounds of stuff right now. He can carry a total of 165.

I'll sell one of my shortswords and get back 7 CP.

Is there a merchant nearby selling musical instruments, Sylph?
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 1:04 am

Yes, but in this area none of them are particularly high quality. It wont have any in game effects for you though, its all flavor. Obviously there are no metal instruments, theyre all made of woods and any stringed instruments will have gut strings.

Nik said he doesnt want any gear and I havent heard back from Mark. What else would you like?
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 8:00 pm

I'm good.

We have food, water and clothing and a Kank to carry it.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 8:20 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
Yes, but in this area none of them are particularly high quality. It wont have any in game effects for you though, its all flavor. Obviously there are no metal instruments, theyre all made of woods and any stringed instruments will have gut strings.

Not a big deal when it comes to quality. Just want a lute to play for our long road trip Razz
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 12:51 am

Gimme a total cp, gallons of h20 and other provisions and Ill get a party sheet up and running.

And it looks like were ready to move on then?
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 2:07 am

I think I am good with what I have for now. As long as I have my weapons, I should be good. That and the food and water.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 11:16 pm

Buying a lute is 35 CP (jeez) so that puts us down to 96. Adding 7 back for one of my shortswords brings us back up to 103. Bumping our water up to 20 gallons will cost us 1 more CP so our total is now 102 CP.

As for water and provisions:

20 gallons
20 days worth of rations

Beast of Burden:

1 Kank (producer so it can make us some sweet sweet Kank honey Razz)

I think we're ready for some fun in the sun.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 12:21 am

So you have a few seconds before the guard will spot you and descend.

Will you try and bluff the witch? Or try and disappear into the crowds?

Better think quick, and roll me some initiative while your at it.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 11:53 am

initiative
https://orokos.com/roll/758946 = 13

Thurd is not going to be good at bluffing past the witch. That's probably going to be down to Apollon. Disappearing into the crowd might be better. What do you think guys?

Heath, out of interest what are the walls like surrounding the city. Are they climbable? Just thinking about alternative ways out of the city. Perhaps the sewers might be an option.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 9:37 pm

Initiative: 1d20+2 21

Going to try and seed some confusion in the crowd and see if that can buy us some time.

Deception: 1d20+4 6

Haha. Don't think that's going to happen.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 8:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 11:30 pm

Ok, so Apollon tried something and it didnt work, Lokee is next. What are you going to do?
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 2:01 am

So what do we think?

We fight and probably get captured or die... Lokee does some funny halfling thing that gets us through (seems unlikely) or we turn back.

I'm thinking; back into the city.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 12:58 am

I will post when i finish work tonight!

basically he will tell them to scatter and meet at the sleep place from last night.
he will then turn into a scarb, disorienting haze the nearest guard, and burrow 20ft. 10 feet down, 10 feet across
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 7:01 am

Guard must make a DC 11 Intelligence save or take 1d10 damage and not see past 10 feet till the end of my next turn.
If he saves, he takes half damage.

IC

Lokee calls out to the others
"Scatter! Hide! Meet at sleep place!"

As he says this, his body is covered in a glow, and morphs into a black chitinous insect, a scrab.

With a flash a haze envelops one of the approaching guards.

With that done he borrows down into the ground and disappears from sight
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 1:45 am

http://orokos.com/roll/761088
He passed with 15

Next would be Throd, what will you do?
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 12:41 am

My plan is to throw down an Earth Tremor once Igto, Apollon and Lokee are further enough away. There is a good chance it will knock down guards and cause a panic amongst the crowd.

here is the spell...
Earth Tremour
Casting time: 1 Action
Range: Self (10-foot radius)
Duration: Instantaneous
You cause a tremor in the ground in a 10-foot radius. Each creature other than you in that area must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 1d6 bludgeoning damage and is knocked prone. If the ground in that area is loose earth or stone, it becomes difficult terrain until cleared. At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

Obviously this relies on Apollon and Igto also running...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

IC

Trust the halfling to run at the first time of trouble, although he had the right idea of it. Throd looked to the guards getting closer and the sorceress, he didn't fancy their chances either and they really didn't want trouble hot on their heels as they fled into the desert. "He's got the right idea." he says as he nods to the disappearing 'beetle'.

"I can slow them, Apollon, Igto... run!"
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 2:44 am

I don't think Igto has anything special he can do to help out in this type of situation, so he will run along with Apollon for the time being.

IC: Igto was a fighter, bred for taking the life of his enemies. He didn't have spells or magic like the little one did. Nor could he master the earth around him like Throd. But they sure as hell weren't going to win a battle with so many guards. He grits his teeth and turns as Throd tells him to run. Running made him feel nauseous. Not because of the strain, but because of the way in which it made him feel weak. Weak in the eyes of his new companions and weak in the eyes of his enemies. Still, if he wanted to live to fight another day, then so be it.

He runs back into the city, heading towards the meeting place that the little one had mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Apollon and Igto have escaped. lokee is hiding, all thats left is Throd. more guards are closing in, but not there yet. What will you do?
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 3:15 am

cast....

Earth Tremour
Casting time: 1 Action
Range: Self (10-foot radius)
Duration: Instantaneous
You cause a tremor in the ground in a 10-foot radius. Each creature other than you in that area must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 1d6 bludgeoning damage and is knocked prone. If the ground in that area is loose earth or stone, it becomes difficult terrain until cleared. At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

IC
With the others 'safely' away from him Thrud grasps his granite stone that hungs on a leather strap around his neck. He turned his mind inwards focusing on the stone and the earth at his feet. The earth responded to his call and started to buck and shake. He stood resolute unaffected by the tremors. He hoped it would cause a panic and cover their escape, as soon as he saw an opening he would run...
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2019 11:57 pm

We can go back to open narrative now. So youve ran back into the city proper, but now your separated and your Kank is still at this entrance. Your being actively hunted but theres no reason to assume everyone you come across knows who you are. The longer you take, the more easier it will be for guards to recognize you as word spreads. Lokee is still under the sands at the entrance, is he able to tunnel his way out or will he try something else?

How will you regroup?

Where will you hide?

You guys are driving the narrative here.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 8:45 pm

Alrighty, nothing ever goes as planned does it Razz

So from here I think we have a few options. Get in contact with House Wavir here in Nebenay (they should have a trade post in the city). They'll the most sympathetic to some escaped slaves. Next we could see about us getting smuggled out of the city as well either by criminals, a trade house, elves, or someone else. The idea is to get out of Nebenay... staying here is a bad idea.

Also, getting our Kank back would be nice but Lokee is the only one that has a chance at getting it right now.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 1:02 am

Throd will be fine with whichever. Our most pressing problem is hiding and finding each other. Guessing our giant is particularly going to have fun with that.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 11:45 pm

Anyone else wanna say what they end up doing? How they meet back up?

Im not driving the narrative here.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 1:45 am

Sylphilis wrote:
Anyone else wanna say what they end up doing? How they meet back up?

Im not driving the narrative here.

Will get the IC going in the morning.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 7:17 am

Sorry guys! busy week.

Lokee would have tunneled as far as he could back towards the sleeping place. assuming the others were there, he would meet up with him eventually
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 11:38 pm

That leaves the Kank at the gate. Its a crowded area with lots of caravans and shit, so it would be awhile before it was realized the owners were not nearby.

Unless you wanna cut your losses with it? The House Wavir may provide another way out of the mess.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 4:06 am

yeah not much we can do. hard to run away with something like that lol
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2019 11:11 pm

Can I get a deceive from Apollon?
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 1:03 am

Sylphilis wrote:
Can I get a deceive from Apollon?

Deception: 1d20+4 20
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 4:59 am

shit i should rolled stealth lol
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 1:43 am

One day until I assume Apollon and Igto remain silent
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 1:42 am

Moving on. Like I said Im trying to avoid giving XP here for your Bday Solo. The only thing I can think of at the moment is to give you inspiration. I know its not much but would that work for you?
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
Moving on. Like I said Im trying to avoid giving XP here for your Bday Solo. The only thing I can think of at the moment is to give you inspiration. I know its not much but would that work for you?

Eh, I don't need anything. The only thing that I think would work would be an item if you have any ideas for that feel free... if not don't fret about it.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 12:12 am

I will keep considering options. One year all I got for my bday irl and on here was some XP, so I consider it important.

Otherwise, the man is willing to help you move south and link up with a caravan, youll have to follow them across some open country though.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 1:00 am

He will give you 2 erdlu. There are none listed in the dark sun book, so we will use the stats for ponies and call them erdlu.

They will have saddlebags and be able to carry stuff, but will obviously no armor or barding. The house can supply water.

How much will you take?
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 4:47 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
He will give you 2 erdlu. There are none listed in the dark sun book, so we will use the stats for ponies and call them erdlu.

They will have saddlebags and be able to carry stuff, but will obviously no armor or barding. The house can supply water.

How much will you take?

3 days worth. 2 for the travel days and 1 extra days worth in case of trouble/unexpected stops.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 11:23 pm

So for all of you that would be 12 rations and 12 gallons of water?
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 4:39 am

Sounds right from our previous calculations.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 11:32 pm

Ok, back on track from holidays. Ill get the next chapter up within a day or 2.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 1:29 am

yay
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 12:42 am

Give me a perform check @ solo. Assuming its not a 1 you will gain 11 CP.

Will update with a non-fail assumption.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 2:51 pm

Performance: 1d20+4 11
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 1:02 am

Ok. Give me some perception checks with advantage. Everyone.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 2:15 pm

Perception: 2d20k1 18
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 8:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 11:06 pm

Hmmm, for these Kaemen I'm of the mind to not fight them. We'll need all the energy and health out in the desert. So I guess that leaves us with going around them or scaring them.

I think Don wanted to shapeshift into something. The bestiary for Dark Sun depends on the edition. There's one for 2E AD&D and one for 4E and nothing for 5E.

As kind of a more hairbrained idea I was thinking Igto could toss Loki across and have him distract the Kaeman while the rest of the party crosses in peace.
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 5:21 am

Probs too late but
https://orokos.com/roll/784504 - 10 perception lol
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 5:23 am

Also, once we are within 90ft i can cast entangle on them and slow them/tie some of them up while we kill others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood on the Sands - OOC
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next