A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blood on the Sands - OOC

Go down 
+3
Sylphilis
Carnelian
Iron and Metal
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Solodice

Solodice

Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 11:25 pm

OOC: One left with back up behind me, sure! Doubt the dagger is going to drop it in one shot though.

Moving 1 diagonal down to the right and then 4 to the right to Halfling 4.

Attack Damage: 1d20 4 1d4 4

The rolls if I have advantage (the attack above changing to 6 which doesn't matter): attack damage: 1d20+2 3 1d6+2 5

Pffft, nope, and double nope!

Edit: Put in the extra roll. Doesn't matter anyways.

IC: Apollon smiled as the crowd approved of his display of showmanship. There was no time to take a bow though. The Halfing in front of Igto was eviscerated from the brutes swing spraying Apollon with all kinds of matter. He didn't wipe it off though. He wore it like a mask and saw the only other Halfling still threatening them.

He raced across the sand dagger hidden behind his back. It then flashed out at the last moment.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 12:56 am

New round, hes going for broke and going to shoot apollon. This will provoke AoO from Throd and Apollon both.
Initiative order I believe.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 3:11 pm

OOC: I think for opportunity attacks they go at the same time if they're triggered by the same enemy.

I'll throw some rolls up either way.

(I've been forgetting to include my proficiency bonus with simple weapons... better late then never I guess Razz)

With sneak attack, finesse from the dagger, and my proficiency bonus I roll...

attack damage: 2d20k1+4 19 1d4+1d6+2 9

IC: The first time in this bloody fight did one of the Halflings actually come after Apollon. Surprising as he was the weakest out of the "group". He would show the Halfling he was just as deadly in a straight up fight as he was coming in from unseen directions. He revered the bone dagger in his hand, waited for the Halfling to make a move, then try to slip by him to bury his dagger into the Halfling's back.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 11:28 pm

Combat is over.
100 XP, more to come soon.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 12:11 am

ok, you guys may take a short rest here. You can spend a HD (you only have 1) to regain some of your health. If you decide to do so, roll it and add con modifier. That's added back to your HP total.

http://orokos.com/roll/699633
I doubt anyone's passive perception is 23 or higher?

Also, the guards are not going to enter unless in force, and there are enough of them so that if one or 2 leaves they still have adequate guardage.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 11:38 pm

I’ll roll HD as I believe I am on 0 wounds (took a 12 first round).

http://orokos.com/roll/700985 = 12!
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 4:41 pm

Nice. Your back at full health.

Mark? You going to spend your as well?
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 1:18 am

Mark said he would, so Im moving on for now.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 1:35 am

Is it just me and Solo? What's Mark up to?
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 11:33 pm

Carnelian wrote:
Is it just me and Solo? What's Mark up to?

Playing the game of where did Mark disappear to this time. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 1:30 pm

Not too sure.

So you wanna break down the gate or pick the lock.

Also, not to complicate issues but ive been wondering just what locks are made of in Dark sun? Obviously since metal is so rare its not metal, but its gotta be something. I dont wanna skimp out on what I figure to be a key game mechanic based on incomplete data.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 1:18 am

Could a lock be made out of bone or stone? Google is not helping me. So probably no.

I imagine most doors would just be barred from the inside when someone is home. What did the average person have back in ancient times to secure their house when they weren't home? I guess they couldn't.

Metal is just scarce right, so perhaps there is enough for metal locks to be used in some places that are run by the government who have access / control the few and incredibly rare mines that do exist.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 1:29 am

Carnelian wrote:
Could a lock be made out of bone or stone? Google is not helping me. So probably no.

I imagine most doors would just be barred from the inside when someone is home. What did the average person have back in ancient times to secure their house when they weren't home? I guess they couldn't.

Metal is just scarce right, so perhaps there is enough for metal locks to be used in some places that are run by the government who have access / control the few and incredibly rare mines that do exist.

Back in the ancient times the common people didn't have much in possessions beyond food and warm/dry to lay down for the night. It was the rich who had anything of worth and they had nice castles and estates to secure their wealth.

So for locks in Dark Sun I imagine the rich and those that want to keep things secure have gone out of their way to acquires real locks. Most other stuff is usually barred with wood. Since this is D&D you can't rule out magic (even in Dark Sun).

So having a real metal or even magic lock in the arena would make sense.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 4:40 am

I'd guess these gates are pretty sturdy to prevent whatever is in the arena to break out so picking the lock might be best to try first... if we can do that.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 12:16 am

Security check.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 12:08 am

Not sure where Mark has been but its time to get this going.
http://orokos.com/roll/708668
plus his str bonuses thats enough to break the gate.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 11:57 pm

Would anyone have any relevant knowledge skills for knowing the interior of the arena?

I dont know what stadiums are like for our overseas guys, but the ones here have hallways and shops ect under the seating, multiple layers of gift shops, snack stands and other overpriced crap.

Is there any reason you would know your way around something like this?
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 12:35 am

Well non-modern stadiums, like the coliseum, didn't bother with that junk. It was entrances, stairs to the stands, and then the stands themselves. Food stands and other stuff was found around the arena instead of inside. Maybe some mobile vendors in the stands like what we see today but not actual shops.

The in-lore Nibanay arena is not one that sits above ground. It actually goes down into it. So getting out means going up.

Apollon has been in the city for sometime now so the arena isn't totally foreign to him. There isn't really a knowledge skill for cities or buildings beyond insight or maybe survival.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 12:58 am

Throd was a artisan slave prior to escaping and then being recaptured. If its feasible for slaves to visit the arena for entertainment then he may be slightly familiar.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 8:21 am

Pretty sure Igto wouldn't be of much help here. First time in a place like this.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 2:31 am

Solodice wrote:
Well non-modern stadiums, like the coliseum, didn't bother with that junk. It was entrances, stairs to the stands, and then the stands themselves. Food stands and other stuff was found around the arena instead of inside. Maybe some mobile vendors in the stands like what we see today but not actual shops.

The in-lore Nibanay arena is not one that sits above ground. It actually goes down into it. So getting out means going up.

Apollon has been in the city for sometime now so the arena isn't totally foreign to him. There isn't really a knowledge skill for cities or buildings beyond insight or maybe survival.

Ive never read this particular lore, but Ill buy it.

Was going to say this IC, but I think it'd be better if you guys did it.
Ill let Apollon and Throd make an INT test. The person who wins by the most will recall a recessed door in the walls of the arena where equipment is stored.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 9:53 pm

Here goes nothing:

INT: 1d20 3

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 11:03 pm

Apollon get any INT mods or is 3 the total?

Throd?
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 11:27 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
Apollon get any INT mods or is 3 the total?

Throd?

Has a +1 for INT so a lovely 4 is the final number...

(Ssspt... I totally didn't forget that D&D isn't a roll under game... even though it should be Razz)

Last edited by Solodice on Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 2:56 am

https://orokos.com/roll/710400 = 13

I'm going to sssume high is good. Going to post IC.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 1:20 am

You find your starting gear now. The question is do you chance donning your armor with the fight getting closer?
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 4:00 pm

Roll initiative. Im going to co e up with some fancy rules seeing as how you are fighting on stadium seats.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 4:46 pm

Since that deception roll probably isn't going to work...

Initiative: 1d20+2 19
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 12:17 am

Sorry, haven't had the best of weeks. Im behind.

Dave? Mark?
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 1:18 am

Sorry I missed this. I was waiting to see the results of the Apollon's deception check

Initiative https://orokos.com/roll/712878 = 7
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 2:11 am

My bad.

Init: 20
https://orokos.com/roll/712890

Wish I had that roll somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 2:37 am

Sorry, Ive had a lot of trouble with games being updated and links not being blue. I didnt see the deception check.

But that's a fail still.
http://orokos.com/roll/712893

Let me see if I can get a map going.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 5:25 pm

Looks like Nik wants in. What kind of PC are you interested in?
Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 5:00 pm

Initiative 1d20+3

http://orokos.com/roll/713744 - 5
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Ok. We are on Mark.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 2:47 am

So Igto will rage as his bonus action for the round and make his way lumbering over to the nearest target, smashing down on him with his maul.

Attack roll: 25
https://orokos.com/roll/713950

So close to a critical hit.

Damage: 14
https://orokos.com/roll/713951

IC: Igto knew they needed to get as far as possible away from where they were. Those damn magic users would be back any second and they'd probably turn them to dust with a snap of their fingers. He hadn't let loose in the arena, knowing he didn't need to, but time was of the essence and they needed to down these bad boys fast.

He screamed out ferociously, cracking his neck from side to side, the veins bulging outwards. He let his smile widen across his face and his eyes turned menacing. Rushing forward as fast as his legs could take him, he swings his maul up into the air, the glee on his face mirrored in the eyes of his enemy.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 6:34 am

You kill him. Apollon?
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 6:15 pm

OOC: Drawing a shortsword and moving up behind Igto (25 feet).

IC: The guards didn't buy his silver tongue this time. Oh, well. Looked like blood would flow in the arena again.

Igto pressed forward and Apollon followed right behind him. Best place was to be behind the Half Giant until Apollon wanted to go on the attack.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 1:26 am

Crap, lost my post.

Guard 1 moves and attacks Igto, hits and does 7 damage. I never rolled your second wind like you asked, so I did and you were restored back to full.

That puts Igto at 8hp

Next guard:
moves and flanks Igto
http://orokos.com/roll/714838
21 to hit and 5 damage. That will take you to 3

That means you will need to start making death saving throws until you can be stabilized with a healing test (hint hint)

On Throd.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 1:39 am

diagonal move 4 squares towards G2 and move one square up to put me in combat with G2.

Attack/Dame https://orokos.com/roll/714840 = 5 att / 12 dmg = is a miss I'd guess.

IC
Throd bounds purposely up the steps taking two at a time. It looked as though the giant was in trouble so he angles his run at one of his opponents. Despite his height attacking a foe above proved troublesome, his warhammer swiping harmlessly at the guards legs.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 3:31 am

I thought death saving throws only started at 0 HP?
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 2:50 pm

Carnelian wrote:
diagonal move 4 squares towards G2 and move one square up to put me in combat with G2.

Attack/Dame https://orokos.com/roll/714840 = 5 att / 12 dmg = is a miss I'd guess.

IC
Throd bounds purposely up the steps taking two at a time. It looked as though the giant was in trouble so he angles his run at one of his opponents. Despite his height attacking a foe above proved troublesome, his warhammer swiping harmlessly at the guards legs.

Movement issue, see LINE

mruozu wrote:
I thought death saving throws only started at 0 HP?

When I did the post initially I had added the damage wrong and had you at 0 instead of 3. Ignore the death saving throws.

Lokee is next.

Back to top Go down
DonQwaf
Senpai
DonQwaf

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 5:05 pm

YAY!

Bonus action healing word on Igto (thats the giant guy who is almost dead right?)
Action - Dodge

Healing word 1d4+3
http://orokos.com/roll/715512 - 6 points of healing

IC
A small wild haired halfing head pops up and looks around. He takes in everything that is going on around him.

"You! You help Lokee! Lokee help you!"

A green light briefly glows around Lokee before shooting towards the half giant, bathing him in light and closing some of his wounds.

He ducks down again, peering at the goings on.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 11:35 pm

last guard vs Throd:
http://orokos.com/roll/715892
Throd is blessed by the (non) gods of Athas!

New round. Igto?
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 10:04 pm

Attack the closest one.

Attack roll: 14

https://orokos.com/roll/717195

Damage: 10

https://orokos.com/roll/717196

IC: Igto felt much better almost instantly. He heard the words from this newcomer and grunted in his direction. He had to keep the bloodlust going. He had to attack his next target and end this fight as quickly as possible. He finds the closest guard and charges forward, swinging the bloody maul down hard yet again.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 1:05 am

A miss.

On Apollon now.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 9:39 pm

OOC: Moving to get advantage on G2 if possible. Then swinging my shortsword at them.

Attack, Damage: 1d20+4 9 2d6+4 12

And if I have advantage... Attack: 1d20+4 19

IC: Apollon moved out from around Igto and went after the guard on his right. He held his sword low and perpendicular to the ground. Like a coiled snake his arm springs forth thrusting the blade at his opponent.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 11:16 pm

2d6+4 damage?

Advantage will indeed get you a hit.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 2:45 am

Apollon killed the guy.

I need to roll for the guard, but Im out of time here. Throd is next up. Dave is afk so Ill ask if he wants to do anything special.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 12:17 am

attack vs igto
http://orokos.com/roll/717688
hit, 6 damage
3/15 left
Buddy, you gotta improve that Ac some.

Now were on throd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood on the Sands - OOC
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next