A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Theoretical

Theoretical

Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na Empty
PostSubject: Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na   Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 11:59 pm

Name: Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na
Career Path: Tau Breacher
Classified Competance: Dauntless Bulwark (On successful Charge, all Tau can disengage +5 WS)
Demeanor: Headstrong
Flaw: Hard: A person who is difficult to deal with, manage, control, overcome, or understand. Impatient; Unable to wait patiently or tolerate delay; restless. Unable to endure irritation or opposition; intolerant.
Home-sept: Fi’Rios

WS 34
BS  53 **
S    33
T    41
Ag  56 **
Int  36
Per  33
Wp  26
Fel  29
Inf  27
*denotes purchased advances

FP: 2/2
Wounds: 10/11
Critical Damage: 0
Fatigue: 0
Insanity: 11/100
Corruption: 0/100
Movement: 5m / 10m (15m) / 15m / 30m (60m)
Carrying Abillity: Carrying: 45kg, Lifting: 90kg, Pushing: 180kg

Skills:
Acrobatics (Ag) +10
Athletics (S)
Awareness (Per)
Charm (Fel)
Command (Fel)
Common Lore (Int)
- Tau Empire
- Tau Poetry

Commerce (Int)
Deceive (Fel)
Demolitions (Int)
Disguise (Fel)
Dodge (Ag)+10
Evaluate (Int)
Inquiry (Fel)
Intimidate (S)
Linguistics (Int)
- Tau
- Low Gothic

Logic (Int)
Navigate (Int)
Operate (Ag)
Medicae (Int)
Parry (WS)
Scholastic Lore (Int)
Scrutiny (Per)
Stealth (Ag)+20
Survival (Per)
Tactics (Int)
Tech Use (Int)
Toughness (T)
Trade (Int)

Talents
- Discipline of Mont'Ka: When striking unaware target, inflict additional Damage equal to DoS on the Weapon Skill or Ballistic Skill Test. (Tau guide)
- Fire Caste Weapons Training: proficient in tau weapons (Tau Guide)
- Hip Shooting: As Full Action, can Full move and make a single attack (single shot, no semi or full auto) (DH2e)
- Mighty Shot: Add Half BsB round up to damage (DH2e)
- Quickdraw: draw and ready pistol, basic, or one handed melee weapon for free (DH2e)
- Ranged Weapon Expert (Pulse): Once per combat, can use aim as free action. (Only War Hammer of Emperor)
- Rapid Reaction: When surprised, can test agility to act normally (Only War)
- Rapid Reload: half reload time, round down (half -> free) (DH2e)
- Sprint: Full Move action is 3x Agility Bonus, Run action is 12x AgB (If talent is used two turns in a row, 1 level of fatigue) (DH2e)
- Supporting Fire: Can fire on charging enemy with -20, if enemy targets allied tau (Tau Guide)
- Target Selection: Can fire into melee without penality. Using Aim action alongside allows to avoid hitting friendlies (DH2e)
- Unshakeable Faith reroll fear tests (RT)

Traits: Those granted by PC creation and Gear
- Darksight (Blacksun Filter; immune to photon/flash grenades and other devices that cause the same effect)
- For the Greater Good! (Once/encounter gain +10 to any test while following an order from another Tau character; if the order places PC in substantial danger to benefit the group as a whole the benefit becomes +30 at GM's discretion)
- Non-Imperial (-10 Common, Forbidden and Scholastic Lore relating to the Imperium of Man)
- Dauntless Bulwark (On successful Charge, all Tau can disengage as free action)
- Speak Not Unto the Alien (-20 Fel w/humans - allies excluded; -2 Ship Morale)

Gear: Anything not considered a weapon or armor
- Turkey Leg (Looks absolutely delicious!)
Personal item, Historical datapad of Tau Poetry
Digital Shield: Grants AP (included below) and provides trait: "Defensive" to left arm.

Weapons:
Pulse Carbine, Good Craftsmanship (basic; 90m; S/-/3; 2d10+5 E, pen 4; Mag: 24, Rld: half; Gyro-Stabilized, Reliable, 6kg)
- Pulse Carbine Magazines x3 (72/72)
- Underslung Photon-Flash Grenade Launcher (80m; S/-/-; Mag: 1; Rld: half)

Pulse Pistol, Best Craftsmanship (pistol; 40m; S/2/-; 2d10+5 E, pen 4; Mag: 16, Rld: half; Gyro-Stabilized, Never Jams, 3kg)
- Pulse Pistol Magazines x2 (32/32)

Pulse Blaster, Common Craftsmanship (basic; 20m; S/-/-; 2d10+6 E, pen 4; Mag: 20; Rld: Full; Scatter)
- Pulse Blaster Magazines x2 (40/40)

Tau Photon Grenades (3/3; thrown; 9m; blast (12), 1.5kg)

Imperial Knife (Melee/thrown, 5m, 1d5+3 R, pen 0, 1kg)

Armor:
Tau Combat Armor (6 All; 7 AP l Left Arm/40% chance headshots will hit pauldron instead, 6kg)
- Blacksun Filter
- Microbead/Translator Unit
- Defensive Shield (2 AP to left arm and body, not included above above)
    - Left Arm, defensive: +15 to parry attempts, -10 to attacks using left arm as weapon

Total damage reduction: (13 left arm, 12 body, 10 rest)

Aptitudes: Aptitudes will go here for ease of XP expenditure
Agility
Ballistic Skill
Finesse
Offense
Perception
Tech
Weapon Skill

XP: 150/5950
XP Expenditure:
Characteristic Advances:
- Ag (simple, 100xp)
- Ag (trained, 250xp)
- BS (simple, 100xp)
- BS (trained, 250 xp)

Skills:
-Acrobatics (Known, 100xp)
-Acrobatics (Trained, 200 xp)
-Common Lore: Tau Poetry (Known, 200xp)
-Linguistics Low Gothic (known 200 xp)
-Dodge (Trained, 400 xp)
-Stealth (simple, 200 xp)
-Stealth (trained, 400 xp)
-Stealth (Experienced, 600 xp)

Talents:
- Discipline of Mont'Ka: (400 xp)
- Hip Shooting: (300 xp)
- Mighty Shot: (400 xp)
- Ranged Weapon Expert (Pulse): (400 xp)
- Rapid Reaction: (450 xp)
- Sprint: (600 xp)
- Target Selection: (400 xp)

Description:
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 65 Kg
Skin: steel-blue
Eyes: flecked orange
Armor:
Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na Tau_troopers_by_astaretsin-d4v43i5

Personality:
Ur'Na believes more in action than words, at least for solving problems. Combined with a blunt demeanour and a short attention span, Ur'Na often unintentionally alienates others. Her hobbies include training and reading poetry. She has attempted to write poetry herself, short concise poems dealing with tactile sensations or volatile emotions, very different to the subtle tones and emotive language of Water Caste works. Luckily for Ur'Na, her 'attempts' are seen as mildly amusing and subpar by the few people who have seen them, as displaying skills from another caste is frown upon in Tau culture.

Ur'Na is driven by two key emotions, a desire to serve the Greater Good, and suppressed guilt over the many lives that die for the Greater Good. As a simple Tau, Ur'Na is led more by emotions than logic, and has a strong sense of the 'right thing to do'. So when the 'right thing' clashes with orders given for the Greater Good, Ur'Na squashes her emotions deep inside and does her duty. Each time this happens, she justifies her actions as the right thing to do. To the point where she now acts, in part to serve the Greater Good, but also because if she stopped believing that the Greater Good justifies her actions, she wouldn't be able to survive the guilt building deep in her stomach.

Background:

Background story:

NPCs:
Por'vre Fi’Rios Bentu'Erra:

Shas'Ui Ksi'm'yen Su'Saum:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Theoretical on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:41 am; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na   Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na EmptyThu May 24, 2018 4:29 pm

Theo, if you can, please put all of the above info ^^ into your actual PC profile with the proper subheadings. If it is getting too bulky, you can put them into spoilers. That way we can leave the comment section for back and forth between you and I. Such as the following:

1) I've made some formatting changes - nothing groundbreaking, just OCD and it being easier for me to read/navigate.

2) Add your movement speed to the sheet.

3) Flaw looks good. I would honestly encourage another if you see one fitting this character, but if you don't no worries.

4) You can add your mighty shot +3 bonus to all ballistic weapons since that talent will always be applied.

5) When and where did we talk about starting gear and all that for Breacher? Was it all on LINE? Asking specifically about the digital shield and datapad.

6) For armor, I would prefer it if you didn't add up the bonuses as you might not always have your digital shield or it may be inactivated etc. What is important is remembering the 40% chance headshot deflection. Look at how Mruozu listed his for reference. Finally, if having the total damage soak helps you keep it, but it isn't necessary for me as I work in toughness bonus last.

7) One helpful thing for your NPCs is to put whether they are "friendly," "neutral," or "enemy."

Other than that, it looks good. Cheers.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na   Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na EmptyThu May 24, 2018 6:06 pm

I've included background and NPC's into OP, (All my good work hidden in spoilers. How will people be scared of the text wall of awful writing now?). You might need to delete extraneous posts with mod powers. Also, in hindsight, I shouldn't have removed the WIP tag, cause there was things I expecting to do last night which I didn't. Some of which you caught, so thanks. To be clear, NPCs are still WIP, but I think I've now finished everything crunch wises.

I've made a fair number of assumptions for gear, mostly because you said I had all information needed. I've assumed a baseline firewarrior from guide, not including pulse rifle. I've then followed your instructions from PC creation. In more detail;

Pulse Carbine, Good Craftsmanship: from PC creation (choose CREAW or carbine)
Pulse Pistol, Best Craftsmanship: From Tau PC creation Guide
Pulse Blaster, Common Craftsmanship: from PC creation (my Rare pick)
Tau Photon Grenades From Tau PC creation Guide
Imperial Knife: As discussed on Line, item from background story
Tau Combat Armor: From Tau PC creation Guide
Defensive Shield from PC creation (my Very Rare pick)
Datapad: Purely RP item, no in game benefits that I was intending. Can drop if you would prefer.

I am also assuming, as discussed on line that the Tau decrease in Rarity by two levels is included with my picks, such that the digital shield, near unique, is now very rare.

Out of interest, why are you suggesting another flaw? I have my thoughts on the flaw I've chosen, but would like to hear your thoughts first.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na   Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na EmptyFri May 25, 2018 9:58 am

One thing I forgot to mention, your XP numbers are wrong. The left hand side should be how much you have left to spend (50) and the right should be how much you have spent (5950): 50/5950. And thus, they add up to your total XP.

Thanks for making those changes. I love your walls of text, but now it's clean and sexy. No worries about the WIP. Keep grinding away on them. I do remember the gear grabs a little better now. All looks great - definitely keep the datapad. It can even function just as a datapad would in technical terms. That will not be game breaking, I assure you haha.

I am only suggesting another flaw for the same reasons I would suggest deeper, fuller goals to all my players: 1) It will help in gaining XP as you suffer from your flaws (or accomplish your goals) and 2) it can only help build and deepen your PC so that you have a deeper connection to them, and thus, write/RP them better. That isn't to say you wouldn't already, I just find that it helps.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na   Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 7:07 pm

50xp added for getting the translation. It was more "Little human bitch," than "dog," but you were right there.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na   Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 6:29 pm

Christmas Gift:

Apply XP now and you will find your item sometime during gameplay. Merry Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na   Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na Empty

Back to top Go down

Shas’Ui Fi’Rios Lu’Ur’Na
Page 1 of 1