A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC

Go down 
+4
Sylphilis
Azza
Murcurie
Iron and Metal
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
moarhair

moarhair

Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2022 9:03 am

Philomena blinks in surprise. She opens her mouth, but shuts it immediately as she considers how best to answer. Her new team was a... multidisciplinary group from... diverse backgrounds. She needed to adapt.

She shrugs at Donna. "I admit it is rather wordy and lacking in visual supports. Most of it is 'nice to know' and not strictly necessary information. What I said before, about the cogs and insularity, are the most important things to know. Just leave the spiffiness to me and I'll leave the disemboweling to you. I'm sure there'll be plenty of both to do."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2022 9:35 am

AbstractCloud1 wrote:
In the Med Bay

Severine had spent the time while Felyx slept enjoying the silnce. She'd been stripped of her armor when she arrived so she could actually be tended to, but insisted it be left behind while she rexovered.
She went through each piece of the power armor, re-applying sacred oils to the joints and writing out hymns to sheets of parchment that she sealed with wax to the armor to replace those that had burned away in the warpfire created by the daemonhost.

All this was done while speaking a litany of prayers to the emperor, asking for his blessing over the armor and herself.

She was jarred out of her meditation by the sudden movement from Felyx, among other noises...

"For a member of the mechanicus you are quite fond of making as many annoying organic functions as possible. Good morning, Felyx-Air Tainter. Did you dream of Des-Ray penetrating you more?"

Felyx nodded slowly. "Of courses. I am being able to control dreamings through the concentrations... and through cybernetic enhancement. Tell me, what are you to having dreamed of?"

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2022 2:31 pm

[At Dinner]

Felyx had healed and was feeling much better. His time spent with Severine had been ...nice... not one for sentimentality, it had been nice to at least converse with someone who wasn't Damiel or Donna, his oldest comrades on the ship.

The thought of Donna once again letting him down in battle saddened him for a nanosecond. It was clear that replacing her arm with a superior cybernetic wasn't enough. He would need to do some work on her brain as well. Making her more aggressive could be interesting... or horrific. Either way, he kept an open mind.

Laughing at his own joke, he took a seat at the table, all the while wondering how the repairs on Servitor II had gone. She was still in the shop, so he hadn't seen her yet.

Realizing that he was starting to anthropomorphize the Servitor, he dived into the conversation at hand. Albeit, on his own terms and completely aside from what was being said:

"You may being onto something, Lokar-Shaman. Maudses' data slate was providing many informations."

Felyx summarizes the following information for the group:

Felyx, of course, keeps the fact that he has studied Maud's interviews with Lokar in minute detail to himself.

Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2022 3:39 pm

[In the Medbay]

"Amazing." Severine chuckled to herself. "I dreamed of death... Not nearly as stimulating as your dream seems to have been, tech priest."

[At the Feast]

Severine wore her more relaxed clothing for the feast, her armor was hung up in her room amidst many burning candles and censers of incense.
Relaxed, for her, were the combat fatigues she wore under her armor normally. Everything was pressed and perfectly without wrinkles.

She settled at the table with the group, happily eating and drinking as they chattered amongst themselves. Severine didn't seem to have any troubles relaxing when the time came for it, perhaps something rare among Sisters.
"The Lady is right, we will learn what our duty is to be when the Inquisitor is awake once more! I'm sure it will be something suitable to some of our more violent tendencies."

She grinned and gave a slight nod to Philomena. "I'm afraid my stealth capabilities are rather limited, my Lady. Anything of that sort would require... Quite a bit of aid, from you. Rank! Rank is something I can work with. People see the Sisters as sources of hope, I would be surprised to be turned away from anywhere."
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2022 7:53 am

Philomena takes a good, long look at Severine. She wears the Sisters' signature haircut. Even sitting down, she is almost a head taller than Mina. Facial scars weren't uncommon, but each had their own patterns, making their bearers easy to recognize. "There is a difference between subtle and stealthy, but I agree that either would be a challenge for you. With some make-up and hair dye, it may not be a lost cause, but if you insist on wearing your armor..." Mina's lips curls up into a half-grin.

She shrugs. "Perhaps we could split up into two teams when investigating. One that draws attention, and the other that doesn't." She looks around the table. Donna's mohawk and general demeanor would stand out anywhere but the roughest levels of a Hive. Felyx was a strange one, in both speech and action, and he tended to be carried on his servitor's back. Lokar was crude, but could possibly pass for a bodyguard. Maybe. Damiel... she shudders... well, people tended to react to him. Mina sighs. "We'll see what the situation is like on the ground, but we may have to bully our way through this assignment."

Mina pushes her food around her plate. "There was another matter I wanted to discuss. Our last encounter revealed a weakness in our group's combat tactics, namely the lack of long-range fire support. Felyx, Severine, and I only carry pistols. Damiel, Lokar, and Donna seem to favor melee. This also led us to be grouped together, which made us an easy target for the host's fire blast. I wonder if the requisition of a few longer range weapons, as well as a deeper conversation on our strategies might not be warranted."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 9:44 pm

"Yew mean a zap gun?" Donna speaks in an almost reverent whisper.

"Oui awlways wanted to shoot onnadem things."
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 2:18 pm

Severine returned the look as Philomena studied her face. This was the first time she'd been without her helmet in a while, and the first time they had to simply talk, so she wasn't surprised that her face was a point of interest.

In addition to the criss-cross of scars, one of her eyes remained covered and the exposed one was bleached white. She offered a smile and nod to Philomena. "I hope everything is up to your standard, my Lady. I beg forgiveness for the scars, I'm sure they are rather unsightly to someone of your status."

She shrugged "My armor is important but I can manage without it, if you wished to help disguise me. I more mean I am far from skilled with deception! It isn't something they teach in the ecclesiarchy."

Severine nodded along to the critique of their battle tactics. It was a fair point. She took a fork full of food and chewed thoughtfully as Philomena finished her observations. "Unfortunately I am equipped for shorter range. I could adapt my tactics to melee or long range as needed, if I am able to get my hands on a bolter or the storm bolters of the sisters Retributor. Overall we seem to rely on melee combat with... Perhaps not the most effective weapons, especially against creatures like the one we fought."
Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2022 12:25 pm

Lokar listened to the conversation about tactics with interest. I am able to make both melee and ranged attacks, I can always try to hang back a bit. Can't promise anything tho'. He grins ''It's as good a reason to keep my distance from Damiel as any'' He thought while suppressing a small shudder.
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 7:32 am

Mina grins back at Lokar. "I understand, and would not wish to restrain your battle fervor. I just want to be sure we're ready for whatever challenge comes our way."

She turns to look at Donna. "If you mean a lasgun, and not a plasma weapon, then that is surely something that can be arranged. I am on good terms with the captain," she says, remembering the lust in the bulbous man's eyes. She stifles a shudder. Leverage always has value, she reminds herself. "I should be able to requisition broadly available equipment."

"A bolt weapon, however," she grimaces. "I doubt is something we could easily get our hands on, Sister." She meets the Severine's eyes and smiles warmly. "Do not worry about your scars. You earned them in service to the Emperor. They shine like medals." Mina grins mischievously and waves dismissively. "And if anything, they'd make you look more believable as a bodyguard to a visiting noble lady."
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 3:02 pm

Felyx was absolutely shocked at how little the group cared about the intimate details he had hacked out of Maude - The seemingly Rogue Inquisitor, and also their benefactor's data slate. His mouth started to drop open when not a single one responded. Astounding.

It was all but confirmed that he was surrounded by idiots. Again. He sighed mentally.

The fact that Lokar hadn't picked up on his subtle use of the title "Shaman" was less surprising. He had many interactions with his type before, but he had hoped to get some rise out of him. At least knowing the intimate details of Lokar's background and how he came into Maud's service satisfied the tech priest. Leverage.

He decided to leave it alone. They could rely on his intel if they wanted, or they could go fuck themselves straight into an early grave. He and Damiel would survive. He decided to speak to his expertise.

"Controlling the battles - more effective than simple hopings to win. Perhaps you are forgettings why we aren't currently to be dead? Web grenade. My web grenade. Snared our foes and allowed the fuckening of him. Also, man-catcher. My man-catcher; holding enemy in place while the rest can fuckening to them. Other than that - shoulder mounted hellgun. Does trick, most of times. I shall be disguising self as Tech Priest with Servitor. Genius, no?"

Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 12:07 pm

Felyx's comments regarding Master Maud's data slate didn't pass Lokar unnoticed, on the contrary, he found them most interesting. However, taking part in going through her private things filled him with a cold dread. His mind flashed back to his conditioning, her punishments were the stuff of legend. ''best to ignore it as best you can'' He told himself. ''I hope he has a good excuse'' He thought, while trying to change the subject.

Yes Felyx, you controlled the battle very well. I feel like I was only just getting started before it was all over. This is a strong team. I'm pleased to be in a team worthy of my membership. He said with the cocky confidence only youth can provide.
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2022 5:59 pm

They were the kind of Inquisitors to use daemonhosts, so frankly the information Felyx provided was of absolutely no concern to Severine. Perhaps one day, but not while she worked for Maud.

She did, however, give a slightly wider smile when the Lady complimented her scars. She bowed her head.
"Thank you, my lady, you flatter me. A bodyguard I can be. Give me some other sort of armor, carapace maybe, and I can pass myself off as one.... I would need an eyepatch without the symbol of my order on it, though." She chuckled.

"I could attempt to requisition one from my order, if that is something we desire. But I do prefer fighting with flame and my 'small' bolt pistols."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2022 1:13 am

moarhair wrote:
Mina grins back at Lokar. "I understand, and would not wish to restrain your battle fervor. I just want to be sure we're ready for whatever challenge comes our way."

She turns to look at Donna. "If you mean a lasgun, and not a plasma weapon, then that is surely something that can be arranged. I am on good terms with the captain," she says, remembering the lust in the bulbous man's eyes. She stifles a shudder. Leverage always has value, she reminds herself. "I should be able to requisition broadly available equipment."

"A bolt weapon, however," she grimaces. "I doubt is something we could easily get our hands on, Sister." She meets the Severine's eyes and smiles warmly. "Do not worry about your scars. You earned them in service to the Emperor. They shine like medals." Mina grins mischievously and waves dismissively. "And if anything, they'd make you look more believable as a bodyguard to a visiting noble lady."

"Oui din't mean no pansy l'il lasgun. But a zap gun. Oui saw one melt 'alf a wall one time oui did."
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2022 11:37 am

Mina nods as Felyx shamelessly assigns their victory to himself. His contributions were certainly worthy of recognition, especially since he had suffered so much in their execution. The "genius" of his "costume", however, left much to be desired, but was expected. His talent for subterfuge was on par with the rest of his social skills. "Yes, the importance of your restraining of our quarry cannot be understated. Do you have any more of those grenades, or should we add it to the list of requisitions? Either way, it was an effective tactic for our predicament at the time, but we cannot expect it to be so in every encounter. Rather than hope for success, as you put it, we should be ready for a wide array of eventualities."

Mina pivots to Donna when the ganger explains in greater detail what she meant by "zap gun". The noble lady frowns. "Do you mean a Meltagun? Those are just as rare as Plasmaguns. I doubt we'll be able to put our hands on one, unfortunately."

Mina sighs. They may not even have time or pull to acquire new equipment. She had no spare armor to lend Severine and doubted it would have fit the Sister if she had. "Hopefully, subterfuge won't be necessary. We shall see. Until we get the Inquisitor's briefing, we have very little to go on about our task. I pray that Inquisitor Grimm will be able to flesh out what Felyx was able to recover from her damaged cogitator. If not, then our first step should probably be to investigate any rumor of outbreaks."
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2022 1:56 am

++++ Audience Chamber, the following day ++++

Maud sits in a highbacked leather chair at the head of a long table, her face hidden from view as she studies the Emperors Tarot cards laid out before her. Her long bony fingers move over the cards, pausing above some, touching others. She hisses irritably at anyone who addresses her or if you speak amongst yourselves above a whisper. You sit in relative silence for what seems like an age in your smaller, but still comfortable leather chairs. Eventually Maud lets out a sigh and gathers up her cards placing the deck to one side, she sits back giving you a view of her pointed chin and hooked nose which jut out of her cowled hood, the rest of her face heavily shadowed. She looks across you and nods slightly to herself. “It is good to see you all well, dealing with the deamonhost was no small feat I’m sure” her voice hoarse, raspy “I asked that you try and capture the cursed thing if possible, but I knew that that would prove extremely difficult if not impossible so do not do not concern yourselves.” She coughs which turns into a bit of a fit as she tries to catch her breath “I have two things to discuss with you” she says after recovering, waving away any concerned questions “What I want you to do on Kul will follow, but I suspect and hope you have questions about what a deamonhost is doing in a servant of the Emperors possession. The questions and answers will hopefully make you understand the reasons for what I’m going to ask you to do on Kul.”

“Before any questions let me explain. I am not your typical Inquisitor, bringing righteous fire and blessed blades to our enemies. No, I work differently. I and some inquisitors although we are few believe in fighting fire with fire. Using the tools of our enemies against them. The deamonhost was just that, a tool, an information source and yes a very perilous one to use. Many would call me a heretic and it is certainly a very thin and dangerous line to walk. I’m going to ask you to walk this path with me.” Her cough interrupts again, she grips the arm of her chair to steady herself “After we have finished this conversation if any of you do not want to serve me and the Emperor then you can step aside, you will remain here on this ship until the job is done. Then you can go on your way."

“So ask your questions if you have any and do not fear my wrath” she chuckles at this “if you think you’ll offend me. Be candid.”
Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2022 4:13 pm

To this meeting Severine had worn her power armor. Freshly cleansed and blessed with holy incense and oils, and covered in purity seals hand-scribed by the sister and sealed with wax across her armor. She would be presentable for her Inquisitor, such was her way.

She stayed silent until the inquisitor made it clear she had nothing else to say. Only then did she incline her head and lean forward slightly.

"My order was well aware of your proclivities, Inquisitor. We have accepted what must be done in the Emperor's service where others would not. So long as you continue to fight His enemies and root out evil, I will serve you without issue."

She leaned back again, looking to the others for a moment, then back to Maud. "As I'm sure you would expect, however, should you fall as you walk this tightrope, I will not stand idly by."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 7:35 pm

Donna fidgeted the whole time he inquisitor was playing solitaire. The first ill look she got from the inquisitor told her to keep quiet. Something deep inside her told her not to cross the bed ridden woman who could even scare the warden into submission.

"Oui take it the 'host wussa weapon that got out of hand 'yeah? So 'ew did yew plan on fightin' wit'it?

She cared little for radical or holy orders nonsense. That kind of thing matters little in the choice between freedom and prison.
Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2022 10:43 am

Lokar readied himself to meet his new master. He smartened up his attire as best he could and applied the lavender oil she had given him, along with instructions to use it whenever he was in her presence. Not knowing the ways of perfume he had used half the bottle and the smell was quite overpowering. The young feral entered the audience chamber and there she was, Inquisitor Grimm, she was small and frail but in his mind, she was huge and powerful, he couldn't help but feel intimidated. Full of nerves he tried to look at her as she spoke but couldn't stop dropping his gaze to the floor.

Then his master, the all-powerful, world-shattering woman that had spent so much effort bringing him to heel said something that totally surprised him. ''Is it true?, is it a trick?'' he asked himself, ''could I really just step aside and go on my way?'' His mind spun with the possibilities, taking even a small amount of technology home would see him a king, providing he could find his way home that is, and if not anywhere and everything, he would be free. ''That's it, I'm going to tell her where to shove her job'' he thought ''Just as soon as I can pluck up the courage''
Back to top Go down
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2022 11:58 am

Mina does her best to keep her face neutral as she considers Inquisitor Grimm's words. She is relieved that her Master was not angry with them over the destruction of the daemonhost. They had come close to death during their fight, and may very well have perished, but she had known her fair share of unreasonable superiors in her time. To have one so reasonable was a greatly reassuring.

When the Inquisitor discusses her faction, Mina is reminded of a tidbit of information provided by Felyx's sleuthing: The deamon had warned Maud that there were those within her order that will spoil the Inquisitor's plans and that she must act quickly and stop them or Aynthrexes will not reveal himself. The revelation about the Inquisitor's fringe philosophy put that warning, if it could be believed, into context. At first, Maud had thought it had meant rivals, but these interlopers could very well be enemies.

"As a psyker, I have to walk a fine line every day. In a way, I am already using the Enemy's tools against it, through the grace of the Emperor and the guidance of His servants," Mina says, choosing her words carefully, looking at the table in front of her rather than at the Inquisitor. "Therefore, I can understand the philosophy of your faction. However, how can you ever trust information coming from such a creature? I know that even liars can let the truth slip through carelessness, but are not daemons lies made flesh? How can..." her voice cracks and her mask slips for a moment. She sighs, taking a second to regain her composure.

Mina looks up at Inquisitor Grimm, her face stern. "You almost died. As did we. Is the risk of keeping a monster like that really worth it?"
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2023 7:14 am

AbstractCloud1 wrote:
"My order was well aware of your proclivities, Inquisitor. We have accepted what must be done in the Emperor's service where others would not. So long as you continue to fight His enemies and root out evil, I will serve you without issue." She leaned back again, looking to the others for a moment, then back to Maud. "As I'm sure you would expect, however, should you fall as you walk this tightrope, I will not stand idly by.

Maud leaned forward in her seat slightly revealing her face from the shadow of her hood, the burnt skin she’d suffered is now a bright pink of new skin a strange contrasted to the aged teak of the other side. She has healed remarkably well. “Yes of course Sister Veneria, your order has served myself and others with similar inclinations in the past.” She then looks across you all “Mark her words well, she says she will not sit idly by if I stray from the path. We should all be vigilant of those who walk this path which includes all of you.”

Sylphilis wrote:
"Oui take it the 'host wussa weapon that got out of hand 'yeah? So 'ew did yew plan on fightin' wit'it? She cared little for radical or holy orders nonsense. That kind of thing matters little in the choice between freedom and prison.

“It could have been used for a weapon, but no I used it for information. I’d be desperate if I used it such. Donna Matrix, you and your companions are the weapons that I shall be using.” She pauses for a moment and looks directly at the big warrior as though weighing Donna’s worth as a person might regard a work animal at market. “Perhaps if you manage to keep your face out of your drink you’ll be of use.”

Neriglissar wrote:
Then his master, the all-powerful, world-shattering woman that had spent so much effort bringing him to heel said something that totally surprised him. ''Is it true?, is it a trick?'' he asked himself, ''could I really just step aside and go on my way?'' His mind spun with the possibilities, taking even a small amount of technology home would see him a king, providing he could find his way home that is, and if not anywhere and everything, he would be free. ''That's it, I'm going to tell her where to shove her job'' he thought ''Just as soon as I can pluck up the courage''

Lokar risks a glance up as others speak and finds Mauds gaze boring into him. Did she sense his turmoil. “Ah. I have misspoken. You’re far too precious and innocent in the ways of the Imperium to be allowed off your leash for some time yet.” She offers Lokar an understanding smile although it didn’t look particularly look sincere. “Although doing what I ask will be your first steps on getting that leash lengthened.”

moarhair wrote:
"As a psyker, I have to walk a fine line every day. In a way, I am already using the Enemy's tools against it, through the grace of the Emperor and the guidance of His servants," Mina says, choosing her words carefully, looking at the table in front of her rather than at the Inquisitor. "Therefore, I can understand the philosophy of your faction. However, how can you ever trust information coming from such a creature? I know that even liars can let the truth slip through carelessness, but are not daemons lies made flesh? How can..." her voice cracks and her mask slips for a moment. She sighs, taking a second to regain her composure.
Mina looks up at Inquisitor Grimm, her face stern. "You almost died. As did we. Is the risk of keeping a monster like that really worth it?"

“Trust? No, no never trust a deamon. However the deamonhost can be forced to do our bidding through binding it to our will. It makes it compliant to a degree.” [/b]Mauds face softens for a moment perhaps sensing Mina’s difficulty “I too baulked at the idea when I first stepped on this path when I was an acolyte. It is good that you are hesitant.” Her face then hardens her voice gaining a dangerous edge “I believe it is worth it. To walk the path and have the courage to be what the God-Emperor, the Imperium and humanity need us to be. We cannot fight the forces arrayed before us blindly.”

She falls silent for a moment waiting for any other questions[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2023 1:02 pm

''Leash!? She thinks me a dog and as good as names me such in public!'' Lokar was trying to pluck up the courage to speak. Just the idea of standing up to her made him feel sick to his balls. But after all the tortures she had put him through he was determined to protest, and this last comment was the feather that tipped the scale.

I have a question Master!
He blurted out in a bold yet shaky voice.

Lokar stood tall and took a step forward. ''This is it, I'm going to give the old bag a piece of my mind! and ask her where she gets off!'' He thought psyching himself up for the confrontation. But when he opened his mouth to speak, other words came out.

My Master Inquisitor Grimm, It's my honor and privilege to serve you and the Emperor. My life is yours.

''What was that!? Why in the name of the seven hells did I say that!? What has that diabolical old witch done to my mind?'' he thought. To make matters worst he noticed that somehow he was now down on one knee. Biting his lip he regained some of his composure, stood up, and shuffled back to where he was standing. His gaze once again falling to the floor.

Iron and Metal likes this post

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2023 2:15 pm

Felyx strode into the meeting punctually. He didn't live by many codes, but one that always resonated with him was the simple, yet effective, "If you're on time, you're late." Thus, he was 15 minutes early.

The dinner had been nice from his point of view. If there were any cues that the others were annoyed or upset with him, he missed them entirely. Spilling the loads of information had been the best he could offer to this new team. The old team had learned to cope with his odd mannerisms fairly early, but if this one didn't, that was OK. He was resigned to the fact that they were very likely going to die on the planet below.

He listened intently to Maud. After her speech, he decided he rather liked her. There were those in the Mechanicus who already considered him a Heretek; hell, that's why he was here in the first place. He could understand where she was coming from.

"Inquisitors - your aptitudes for not to follow rules as setted by aeons old authorities... eh... pleasing me it does." He looks around the table. Eyes stop on Damiel. Then he continues again.

"Many here being fuck.. fucking ups? fucker ups? Good crew. Fights well. Cohesives."

He decided he would play his hand, gauge Maude's response, and in a way show his capabilities if she was at all unsure. He slides across her data tablet.

"Wasn't knowing if your life was to be fucked. So, took this. Hacking'd to it. Aborbing'd it. Using it to kill Daemonhosts."

He sat passively. Then, as if he just remembered, "Ah, also, needing web grenade. I am out."

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2023 2:45 am

Neriglissar wrote:
I have a question Master! He blurted out in a bold yet shaky voice.
Lokar stood tall and took a step forward. ''This is it, I'm going to give the old bag a piece of my mind! and ask her where she gets off!'' He thought psyching himself up for the confrontation. But when he opened his mouth to speak, other words came out.
My Master Inquisitor Grimm, It's my honor and privilege to serve you and the Emperor. My life is yours.

Maud smirks at Lokar and gave him a shrewd look, she had spent many hours with the young man and knew him quite well. She knew he found her intimidating and well he should with the power she put on display when she put down his tribe. “That wasn’t a question Lokar, if you want to say something say it. This is a chance for us to be open with each other. I can sense you chomping on the bit."

Iron and Metal wrote:
"Inquisitors - your aptitudes for not to follow rules as setted by aeons old authorities... eh... pleasing me it does." He looks around the table. Eyes stop on Damiel. Then he continues again.
"Many here being fuck.. fucking ups? fucker ups? Good crew. Fights well. Cohesives."
He decided he would play his hand, gauge Maude's response, and in a way show his capabilities if she was at all unsure. He slides across her data tablet.
"Wasn't knowing if your life was to be fucked. So, took this. Hacking'd to it. Aborbing'd it. Using it to kill Daemonhosts."
He sat passively. Then, as if he just remembered, "Ah, also, needing web grenade. I am out."

“There are still lines Felyx, as our sister pointed out. However the ends justify the means to a degree and the masses should certainly follow the rules!” Maud places her hand on the dataslate “I wondered where this got to and had thought it destroyed. Under the circumstances it was wise of you to try and find out what you could, I’m sure you learnt a few other things also eh?”
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2023 7:17 am

Felyx's dead-eyed grin widened considerably, but he said nothing else.

Back to top Go down
AbstractCloud1

AbstractCloud1

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2023 5:41 pm

"Inquisitor, if I may, are we able to requisition further equipment from the Imperial armories? After our battle with the daemon host we have discovered some faults in our combat styles. I require something longer ranged than what I have now. If that is possible. There are many Godwyn-De’az pattern bolters that would do the job."

Severine had few expectations of this being possible, but it was worth asking. Apart from that she remained quiet. She was at peace with her role and the requirements that came with it. For now.
Back to top Go down
Neriglissar

Neriglissar

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2023 4:02 pm

''Chomping at the bit am I? so now I'm a horse!'' Lokar decided that she is asking for it so why not tell the ugly wrinkle-faced old bat what he really thought.

This time Lokar tried even harder to speak up against her rule, and as he strained the pain came back. Booming and throbbing through his head, it felt like his skull was about to erupt, spraying his brains all over the ceiling. Unable to take it anymore he gave in and let out a strained sigh.. Whatever brainwashing she had used during his conditioning was holding fast.

''Well, at least horses are more useful than dogs, that's a promotion of a sort''. He told his bruised ego.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2023 5:52 pm

Felyx watched Lokar's pained face. Knowing what he did about the psyker, he didn't have to wonder much about Maud's role in the psyker's discomfort.

He decided in that moment that he liked the feral rager just a bit more now.

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 5:16 pm

You all fall silent. "Very well then, into the fire" rasps Maud "Your mission is to stop by any means necessary another inquisitorial cell discovering and interferring with the operations of a cult of the plague god." She holds up a bony hand to halt any immediate questions. "Let me explain..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC   Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Out of the frying pan... Chapter 1 - IC
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6