A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar) Empty
PostSubject: Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar)   Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar) EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 4:15 pm

Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar) Untitled-1

Name: Reiner Dakkar
Career: Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar)
Home World: Penal World (- 5 WP, +5 Per, +5 T, - 5 Fel; pg. 13 Into the Stars)
Birthright: Fringe Survivor - Gain +3 Toughness or +3 Perception. Additionally, gain the Survival (Int) skill as a trained Basic skill. Also, gain 1 additional Fate Point and 1d5+1 Insanity points. (300 XP)
Lure of the Void: Chosen by Destiny (Fated for Greatness) - You gain +1 Fate Point, but you also suffer 1d10+1 Insanity Points.
Trials and Trivials: "High Vendetta" - Blood Will Have Blood: You gain your choice of the Die Hard or Paranoia Talent, and gain the Inquiry Skill (or, if you already possess it, increase it by one level).
Motivation: Fear (Tormented by the Unspeakable) Gain the Light Sleeper, Jaded, and Resistance (Fear) Talents. However, also gain 2d10 Insanity Points to represent the mental scars left from mental torment. (200 XP)

Wounds: 12/12
Fate points: 4/4
Insanity: 22/100
Corruption: 3/100
Movement: 3/6/9/18

WS: 35
BS: 39*
S: 36
T: 30
Ag: 36
Int: 49**
Per: 58** (Penal World, Birthright)
WP: 52***
Fel: 26**
*Switching WP and Int and then Switching New Int with WS as per the Original Character Creation rules*
**Lost 3 due to Sharpened Teeth

Navigator House: Renegade House Dakkar
Navigator House Traits - Renegade:
"The Fruits of Corrupted Blood" - In tampering with the fundamental nature of their bloodlines the Renegade Houses have created both monsters and marvels. The Navigator begins play with an additional Navigator Power. Additionally, the Navigator may also choose three Navigator Powers; these may include powers he does not yet have, but plans to later acquire. He gains a +10 bonus to all tests with these powers (in addition to bonuses for being an Adept or Master). In addition, all tests by others to resist these powers suffer a –10 penalty.
"Unchecked Mutation" - The Navigator is more prone to mutation and mental instability that any others of his kind, representing the tampering of his family line and a life overshadowed by doom. When taking tests for mutation for gaining a new power or increasing an existing one (see page 182), his tests are Challenging (+0) rather than Ordinary (+10) and he begins play with 1d5 Insanity points.
"Renegades" - The price of dabbling in the unknown is high, and it has cost the Renegade Houses in both security and status. Navigators from Renegade Houses begin play with 1d5 Corruption points and the watchful eye of the Inquisition ever waiting to uncover wrongdoing. Also, all tests that involve interacting with the official bodies of the Imperium are at a –10 penalty.
"Initial Mutation" - Navigators from a Renegade House begin play with two Navigator Mutations rolled randomly from Table 7-1: Navigator Mutations. They may develop additional mutations as normal when they acquire new Navigator Powers or increase their mastery of existing powers.

House Dakkar Traits:
"Bitter Souls" - Gain Hatred and Enemy (Ecclesiarchy, House Malaspina, Inquisition)
"Grudges Remembered" - +10 Bonus to any Navigator Power test made against one member of a group with Hatred Talent
"Signature Ritual" - See page 22 of Navis Primer

Navigator Powers:
The Lidless Stare (Master) - The Navigator makes an Opposed Willpower Test with anyone looking into his Warp Eye. Make a single test for the Navigator and compare it to the results of each of his opponents. If the Navigator achieves more degrees of success, the opponent suffers 1d10+ the Navigator’s Willpower bonus in Energy damage. This damage is not reduced by armor or Toughness Bonus. Anyone taking damage from this power is also Stunned for 1 round as they are ripped with agony. Using this power is taxing and inflicts a level of Fatigue on the Navigator. If the Navigator fails this Test by one degree of failure or more, he suffers two levels of Fatigue.
Adept: As above, however, the damage is increased to 2d10+(the Navigator’s WP bonus) and the time the victims are Stunned increases to 1d5 rounds. Victims also suffer 1d5 Insanity Points.
Master: As above, with the additional effect that any creature possessing an Intelligence of 20+ suffering damage from this power must make an immediate Difficult (–10) Toughness Test or be slain. If they pass, they suffer 1d10 Insanity points rather than 1d5.
Ebb and Flow - Navis Primer pg. 88
Eye of Oblivion (Nav. Power)
Eye of Oblivion (Adept Upgrade)
Vision of Hell (Nav Power)
Melee Weapon Training (Universal)
Void Watcher (Nav. Power)
Void Watcher (Adept Upgrade)

Navigator Mutations:
Eyes As Dark As The Void - Eyes are completely black and without iris. Gain the Dark Sight Talent.
Inhuman Visage - Your face is devoid of human features, your nose is nothing but a pair of slits, your ears are small
holes, your eyes are unblinking. You gain the Fear (1) Trait.
Elongated Form: A bit tall and frail. -5 Toughness from roll.
Unnatural Presence: In your presence living things feel strange unpleasant sensations, a cloying touch to their skin, a keening whine in their ears and a metallic tang in their mouth. All your tests that involve positive social interaction are at –10, whilst all those that involve intimidation or inducing fear are at +10.
Teeth as Sharp as Needles: Your mouth is filled with hundreds of fine, pointed teeth. You gain the Natural Weapons Trait and suffer –1d5 Fellowship.
Pale and Hairless Flesh
Strangely Jointed Limbs: Contortionist Skill as a Trained Basic Skill (bonus to some Acrobatic checks)

Skills:
Acrobatics (Ag)
Athletics (S)
Awareness +10 (Per)
Charm (Fel)
Command (Fel)
Common Lore (Int)
-Navis Nobilite
Commerce (Int)
Deceive (Fel)
Disguise (Fel)
Dodge (Ag)
Evaluate (Int)
Forbidden Lore (Int)
-Navigators +10
-Warp +10
Gamble (Int)
Inquiry (Fel)
Intimidate +10 (S)
Linguistics (Int)
- High Gothic
- Low Gothic

Literacy (Int)
Logic(Int)
Operate (Ag)
Medicae (Int)
Navigation (Int)
-Stellar +10
-Warp +10
Parry (WS)
Psyniscience +10 (Per)
Security (Ag)
Scholastic Lore (Int)
-Astromancy
Scrutiny (Per)
Stealth (Ag)
Survival (Per)
Trade (Int)
-Astrographer 

Talents:
Disturbing Voice - +10 to Intimidate and Interrogation Tests, -10 Penalty to Fellowship when dealing with non-threatening encounters
Jaded
Light Sleeper
Meditation
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Melee Weapon Training (Universal)
Navigator
Paranoia - +2 to Initiative and secret Perception to notice threats. Twitchy disposition.[/spoiler]
Peer (Underworld)
Pistol Weapon Training (Universal)
Resistance (Fear, Psychic Effects)

Traits:
Fear (1)
Dark Sight - A creature with this Trait sees normally even in areas of total darkness, and never takes a penalty for fighting in areas of dim or no lighting.
Syndicate - Gain Peer (Underworld)
Criminal - Those that spend any amount of time on a penal world gain a skewed outlook when it comes to the morality of the Imperium, and have a less than savory reputation amongst Imperial authorities. Conversely, they suffer a –20 penalty on Interaction Tests when dealing with the following organisations: Adeptus Arbites, Ecclesiarchy, Enforcers, and the Military should his home world become known (at the GM’s discretion). Also, should this status ever become known, the Explorer may find themselves under the scrutiny of local law enforcement and underworld crime bosses.
Nightmares - Being brutalized by the prison world enforcers leaves its mark on the psyche of those who survive their time on a penal world. They tend to suffer from sever nightmares that never go away, and as a result they gain 1d5 Insanity Points and the Light Sleeper Talent—never again gaining a decent night’s sleep without resorting to drugs or other such aids.
Underground Resources - Characters from penal worlds know many people of ill repute. As such, they can often acquire items much more readily than those working through legitimate channels. When making Acquisition Tests on a world with a criminal underworld, the penal world character can opt to make use of these resources (providing the GM rules they are available) to make the item’s Availability one “level” more common (to a minimum of Abundant). This ability can only be used once every other game session (at the GM’s discretion), and players should remember that the items this character procures are more than likely stolen—they should be prepared in case the authorities come knocking.
The Eye is Open - A Navigator is a living window into the warp, a fact mercifully mitigated for his own soul’s and sanity’s sake by the effects of the Navigator Gene that allows him to perceive the warp’s mind-blasting truth in a unique way that allows his human mind to deal with it. As a result he does not suffer Corruption Points from Warp Shock (see page 299), although he can acquire Corruption Points normally by other means.

Gear:
Emperor's Tarot Deck
Silk Headscarf
Nobilite Robes
Charm
Micro-bead

Weapons:
Best Craftsmanship Hellpistol (Pistol, 35m; S/2/-; 1d10+4 E; Pen: 7; Mag: 40; Rld: 2Full; Never Overheats) 
Best Craftsmanship Metal Staff (1d10+1 I; Balanced, Primitive; +10 to attack rolls)

Armor:
Best Craftsmanship Xeno Mesh (Arms, Body, Legs AP 4)

Experience: 500/11000
XP Expenditure:
Background:
-Birthright (300 XP)
-Motivation (200 XP)

Characteristics:
-Per (Simple) (100 XP)
-Per (Int) (250 XP)
-WP (Simple) (100 XP)
-WP (Int) (250 XP)
-WP (Trained) (500 XP)
-BS (Simple) (250 XP)
-Int (Simple) (100 XP)
-Int (Int) (250 XP)

Rank 1:
-Awareness (100 XP)
-Trade (Astrographer) (100 XP)
-Melee Weapon Training (Primitive) (100 XP)
Rank 2:
-Awareness (+10) (200 XP)
-Disturbing Voice (200 XP)
-Dodge (200 XP)
-Intimidate +10 (200 XP)
-Forbidden Lore (Navigators +10 (200 XP)
-Forbidden Lore (Warp +10 (200 XP)
-Navigation (Stellar +10) (200 XP)
-Navigation (Warp + 10) (200 XP)
-Psyniscience (+10) (200 XP)
-Meditation (200 XP)
-Navigator Power (200 XP)
-Resistance (Psychic Techniques) (200 XP)

Rank 2:
Eye of Oblivion (Nav. Power) - 200 XP
Eye of Oblivion (Adept Upgrade) - 200 XP
Vision of Hell (Nav Power) - 200 XP
Void Watcher (Nav. Power) - 200 XP
Void Watcher (Adept Upgrade) - 200 XP

Rank 3:
Melee Weapon Training (Universal) - 500 XP

Description:
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 134 lbs
Skin: Pale white, like PALE
Eyes: Black, no irises, unblinking
Hair: Obsidian, long and perfectly straight

Personality:
Reiner is about as freakish as they come. He dampens the mood during most conversations, but from time to time has been known to joke around. His presence puts most at ill-ease, especially upon first meeting him. He does his best to at least attempt to become friendly with those he can trust, but most of the time these attempts are hollow.

Background:
The Penal World of Drexxis 11 isn't exactly somewhere to call "home." The acidic rain splashes down on the buildings through an ever-present overcast sky filled with lightning and thunder 39 hours per day. There is not a single spot of forest, stream, mountain, river, or any other natural phenomenon on the surface of the planet. Instead, a vast landscape of constantly evolving hives stretches as far as the eye can see. Each of them contains the prisoners of the Koronus Expanse, some more lethal than others. One space port sits at the northern most pole, surrounded by man-made reservoirs of acidic water. A giant moat if you will. There is only work. Work, poor health, and death for the convicts of this bleak world.

Reiner was born into this world, the son of Garillian Dakkar, a notable member of the Renegade House Dakkar. His father only narrowly escaped an immediate death sentence through obscene amounts of bribery and coercion. He wished to at least see his son live. But that didn't happen. Garillian was found dead, face down in a puddle of acidic rain, all 3 eyes missing.

Reiner grew up into the harsh reality of his life, mutated by his genetics and the harsh landscape surrounding him. His eyes devoid of life, his ears melted off through mutation and acidic rain, his nose cut off by a thug in the street. The only thing that kept him alive throughout the frantic ordeals of simply living on world was a pulsating urge for revenge. His life on the fringes was hard fought, every day staring death in the face. It was kill or be killed.

Until a contact gave him a chance...a slim one...but slim was better than nothing.

+++More to come+++

Last edited by mruozu on Thu May 16, 2019 2:33 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar)   Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar) EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 6:08 am

Xp Expenditures

Rank 2
Jaded - 200 XP
Eye of Oblivion (Nav. Power) - 200 XP
Eye of Oblivion (Adept Upgrade) - 200 XP
Vision of Hell (Nav Power) - 200 XP
Melee Weapon Training (Universal) - 500 XP
Void Watcher (Nav. Power) - 200 XP
Void Watcher (Adept Upgrade) - 200 XP

Mutation Rolls x 5
<35: 35, 1, 73, 13, 89
https://orokos.com/roll/710219

2 Rolls for New Mutations
64 (Bloated Form) and 98 ( Unnatural Presence: In your presence living things feel strange unpleasant sensations, a cloying touch to their skin, a keening whine in their ears and a metallic tang in their mouth. All your tests that involve positive social interaction are at –10, whilst all those that involve intimidation or inducing fear are at +10.)

https://orokos.com/roll/710221

Re-roll for Bloated Form (can't have Elongated and Bloated)
85 (Teeth as Sharp as Needles) - Your mouth is filled with hundreds of fine, pointed teeth. You gain the Natural Weapons Trait and suffer –1d5 Fellowship.
https://orokos.com/roll/710222

Reduction in Fellowship due to Teeth as Sharp as Needles
https://orokos.com/roll/710223
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar)   Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar) EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 11:28 am

All looks good, I just need clarification on one thing. Elongated form removes 1d5 from toughness permanently. Did you roll that yet on initial character creation?

Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar)   Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar) EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 10:05 pm

Yes to the best of my knowledge I believe I did. Went back in my roll history from Orokos and here is the link. I think I would have already taken it off the characteristic a long time ago, but I am not 100% sure. Been a long time since that roll.

https://orokos.com/roll/405086
Back to top Go down
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar)   Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar) EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 12:08 am

I know the time lapse can definitely make things confusing, which I apologize for. I definitely don’t expect you to remember rolls you made so long ago. If I’m reading right, it looks like it hasn’t been removed. To have a toughness of 35 with a -5 would mean your toughness was initially 40, which I’m not seeing on your rolls. If that’s the case, you’ll need to subtract 1d5 from toughness for that roll. This means those two 35’s would result in two more mutations. “If” that is the case, I will allow you to burn 1 fate point per mutation you wish to negate. Up to you entirely. Other then that, your xp buys are approved and good to go.

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar)   Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar) EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 1:58 am

Yup, I think you are right. I will roll 2 more times on the table. Hella mutated.

https://orokos.com/roll/710660

So 35 is pale and hairless flesh, which fits him perfectly for what I am going for with him.
63 is Bloated Form, which I can't have due to Elongated Form, so re-roll time.

Reroll: 36,
https://orokos.com/roll/710662

Already have that one, so I re-roll again as per the side-note on the CRB pg. 182 at the bottom of the table.

Re-roll: 15
https://orokos.com/roll/710663

Alrighty, so that gives me Strangely Jointed Limbs, which gives me the Contortionist Skill as a Trained Basic Skill.

However, we don't use the Contortionist Skill I think, so what should we do? Just call it that he has strangely jointed limbs? Or give him another similar skill? I am fine with either.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar)   Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar) EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 am

I think Contortionist was folded into "Acrobatics" in the new systems, like how Concealment & Silent Move folded into "Stealth."

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Mac_tonite
Senpai
Mac_tonite

PostSubject: Re: Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar)   Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar) EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 5:29 pm

We’ll maintain it as a situational bonus. Reinar will get the bonus to tests that would take advantage of his awkward limbs. This would include escape attempts.
Everything else looks good. This should be interesting with a walking nightmare roaming the ship.

PostSubject: Re: Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar)   Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar) Empty

Back to top Go down

Reiner Dakkar - Navigator (Renegade House Dakkar)
Page 1 of 1