A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blood on the Sands - OOC

Go down 
+3
Sylphilis
Carnelian
Iron and Metal
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Blood on the Sands - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 5:13 pm

You know what the deal is.

Ill tell you that whatever PC you create, you will find yourself as bonded slaves. So come up with a way you ended up there. Were you taken on a slave raid? Did you piss off a templar? Are you simply a victim of circumstance (bad place and time? appkicible to elves especially)
Due to this, you will have zilch in the way of money, but keep the arms and armor as those will be made availible pretty quick.

Heres our abridged player guide:
https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/165146/assets/760239/Dark_Sun_Player_s_Guide.pdf

Ill make adjustments and changes as we go if needed. I know one houserule I always liked is that non-magical/nonmetal weapons break on a fumble.

Who's doing what for a PC?
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 6:51 pm

Running a human rogue who will be using the Athesian Bard archetype when I get to level 3.

He was a bard who did assassination work for the merchant guilds, nobles, templars, or anyone who had money to pay for his services. His last job turned out be a double cross that ended with him becoming a slave. Saying he has a vendetta to pay back is an understatement.

Quick setting question. Are we playing pre-Tyr revolution, during it, or after?
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 1:25 am

Solodice wrote:
Running a human rogue who will be using the Athesian Bard archetype when I get to level 3.

He was a bard who did assassination work for the merchant guilds, nobles, templars, or anyone who had money to pay for his services. His last job turned out be a double cross that ended with him becoming a slave. Saying he has a vendetta to pay back is an understatement.

Quick setting question. Are we playing pre-Tyr revolution, during it, or after?

Good question, plan on pre-revolution.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 8:16 am

Like we talked about on LINE, I am going to convert my druid from Richard's game to a Thri-Kreen in this game.

Backstory wise, he was taken in a slave raid in which his pack was woefully outnumbered. No hard details yet, but he survived where they died to find himself in slavery.

RAW wrote:
If deprived of a clutch, a thri-kreen is biologically compelled to seek out a new group to join.

As per the lore, he will be carefully watching others to see who is worthy of forming a new clutch (pack). That will be his priority goal at the start of the game, second only to obtaining freedom. However, as he sees freedom going hand in hand with having a loyal pack, they are of equal import.

So, this is always my question when playing DnD especially via PbP - would you consider starting us at a higher level than 1?

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 1:50 pm

I'm still thinking about what I might play. A few possibilities are Elven Nomad (Ranger) or perhaps a Mul Cleric (Earth Elemental)... but who knows at the moment.

Did Mark mention what race his warrior might be?
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Carnelian wrote:
Did Mark mention what race his warrior might be?

I think he's leaning towards a Half-Giant.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm

It would be really cool to get a taste of all the new races, if people on the fence wanted a push in any direction. Would love to see a Mul and Half-Giant to go along with Mantis boy. Solo, are you deadset stuck on human?

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:36 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Solo, are you deadset stuck on human?

Yeah, him being human helps with his character and backstory.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 5:30 am

Should be getting this finished up soon. Can't wait to play my Half-Giant.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 1:20 pm

Are we locked into the backgrounds provided in the Dark Sun book only? I am kind of stuck between Anchorite or Wastelander, leaning toward Anchorite.

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 11:44 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Are we locked into the backgrounds provided in the Dark Sun book only? I am kind of stuck between Anchorite or Wastelander, leaning toward Anchorite.

Ok, Im back up and posting. What background are you thinking of?
If we can make it make sense then we will go with it.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 12:21 pm

Almost there...
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Slowly but surely, I too am chugging along. I can't find skill descriptions. But, I think I am close.

As for background, I want something that shows he was part of a pack and then it got decimated. Something that would allow him to be in a forced position around others (speak language choose one), having to fend for himself (survival) andddd... something else.

Anchorite's Medicine and Religion don't really fit.

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
I can't find skill descriptions.

They're in the 5E player's guide under chapter 7.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 2:43 am

Outlander might work out if you consider you pack as the druid protectors you ran around with, and then they got decimated?

None of the others seem like a particularly good fit.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 12:18 am

How are we doing here?
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 1:34 am

I just need to add a bit of background and then finalise a few bits. Mechanically I'm just about there.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 1:36 am

Are we looking to start pretty soon? I need to polish up my guy a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 11:10 pm

Im ready whenever you guys are.

Full disclaimer: This is the first time Ive ever ran d&d game. Ive never understood the challenge rating process and it will be a learning curve for me. If I make some encounters too much or too little it is an honest mistake.

And I found a world map, I suggest looking at the original file for a large, full res map.
We will be starting off in the city-state of nibenay, right near the middle of the map, north of the crescent forest.
Blood on the Sands - OOC Latest?cb=20131005234711
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 11:23 pm

I'm ready to rock and roll.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 10:03 am

I am still figuring out spells and shit. I will give outlander a look when I get a chance today.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 5:54 pm

OK, so I never got around to doing any of the finishing touches I had to for my character. At this point, I feel like I don't have the time to put into roleplaying the PC correctly. I would love to eventually make an entrance into this game with the character I have made, but I can't do so currently.

This is why games in familiar systems win over new systems for me. Apologies guys, but please don't allow me to slow down the pace of the game. For now, treat me like I am not in it.

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 5:08 pm

Initiative: 1d20 2 +2 = 4

Yay for rolling low Mad
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 2:03 am

Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 6:29 am

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 4:03 pm

Sorry for the holdup. Ive had some crummy last few days.

I PLAN on getting this done today.

Also, Ive spoken to Jeff, he's not going to be able to fit this game in. Unfortunate but understandable.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 11:18 pm

initiative for the halflings (the ones focused on you)
http://orokos.com/roll/684777
15, 14 and 1

Im going to get a map up via LINE. First up is Throd.

You will have your chosen weapon but no armor. Your wearing leather straps and rags.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 1:06 am

Performance: 1d20 10

Looking to get under a 19 before any negative modifiers.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 1:19 am

Thats a pass. The crowd is beginning to warm up.

New round. On Throd.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 2:28 am

https://orokos.com/roll/684970 = Attack 15, Damage 12... better.

FYI - It was a solid hit from the halfling last round, but with a 'lesser' hit I may use my shield spell which can be used as a reaction to give me +5 AC

IC
Throd winced as the halfling sunk its blade into his side. He hadn't expected it to be so quick. Taken off balance by his last swing of the warhammer, he still tried to use that to his advantage. He let the swing spin him right around and tried to take the halfling head off with his back swing which came upwards on the diagonal aiming at the halflings head.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 10:55 pm

Is this spell an actual clerical spell? one that remains in play for a few rounds or something? You wanna retcon it?

Also, solid kill. Halfling 1 is dead. 2 will turn and attack Apallon.
http://orokos.com/roll/685918
Miss, didnt even need the disadvantage.

Igto is next.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 12:07 am

Traditionally it’s a mage spell I think. But earth clerics in dark sun get it.

I think you got. 20 on your attack last round so even with my shield spell it wouldn’t have been enough to avoid
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 1:04 am

IC: The Halflings moved in on Throd and himself. One of them tried to get a blow in on Apollon but the rogue easily side steps the attack.

OOC: If Igto doesn't end Halfling 2 Apollon will attack it.

IC: Apollon saw his opening and acted. His dagger flashed through the air with its target being the Halfling's neck.

OOC: Assuming I have advantage still and I'm using my sneak attack ability and the finesse on the dagger (+2 to attack and to damage)... attack damage: 2d20k1+2 17 1d4+1d6+2 11
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 2:43 am

Igto will move towards the last of the halflings and give it a go. (Sorry Solo if I waste your attack).

Attack roll: 12
http://orokos.com/roll/686195

If that hits: 11 damage
http://orokos.com/roll/686196

IC: Igto had barely let the body of his first victim hit the ground before he was off to hopefully brain the next one to death. He finds the little thing attacking his new friends with the vigor of a mighty cockroach. Hopefully it would die easier than one.

He smashes downward with the maul, excitement rife on his face.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 1:06 am

Igto will kill it.

I put some fluffy stuff in there for Apollon to decide on:
How to kill it to appease the crowds.

Ok, so even though all enemies are dead, combat is by no means over. New enemies after Apollon's IC and new round. Will roll for Ini at that point.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 1:34 am

http://orokos.com/roll/687058
new enemies ini, 22, 19 and 6.

ok, Halfling 4 is up first, Igto is the most obvious target, he will shoot at him with a shortbow:
http://orokos.com/roll/687059
should be a hit, 3 damage. Igto is at 12/15

Halfling 5 will move up with a shield and carrikal in front of the archer.

Throd is up. Ill get a map to LINE shortly.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 1:08 am

OOC - Pick up a shield and advance (4 squares) towards #5

IC
Throd hadn't expected that to be it so he wasn't surprised when more halflings entered the arena and the fact they had a bowman meant he wasn't about to tarry. Taking up the shield off his dead foe Throd starts to jog and then run at the halfling with the carrikal.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 1:51 am

on Igto
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 12:20 am

Waiting on Mark, but hes all busy getting married so I guess we can forgive him this time. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 12:47 am

Back on things.

Igto moves forward.

halfling 6 moves behind him and attacks. Disadvantage on the roll. Failed

On Apollon. Map incoming to LINE.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 1:36 pm

OOC: Moving to Halfling 6 (1 diagonal down and 5 to the right).

Sneak attack with the finesse of the dagger (+2 to attack and damage) and advantage: Attack Damage: 2d20k1+2 11 1d4+1d6+2 6

(screw these dice)

IC: Apollon retrieved his dagger as more Halflings moved in.

Igto charged off and while the Half-Giant was a master of destruction he was still outnumbered. So Apollon moved swiftly to assist with an Elven chant ringing out.

He was swift as the wind.
Dust kicked up behind him.
For the runner of the sands will never be slowed.
He will never tire.
Never quit.
Never surrender.
For the runner of the sands will never be forgotten.

Apollon closed the gap at the end of the chant. He came in trying to bury his dagger into the back of the Halfling's neck.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 6:18 pm

Thats a miss.
Bow and Arrow halfling fires at Igto again. Ive looked and see nothing about modifiers or disadvantage while firing into melee. So Ill rule it like this:

If the path of the arrow goes though an square that has someone else adjacent to the target, it has disadvantage. If one roll hits, but the disadvantage roll misses, then the other character is struck instead. If both rolls miss, then no one is hit.

Here's his attack:
http://orokos.com/roll/691216
thats a miss.

5 moves 1 square forward and attacks Igto, has advantage on this one.
http://orokos.com/roll/691220
hit (forgot to roll advantage,) 4 damage, 8/15

Now on Throd. Within strike range of 5 and 6.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 2:00 am

OOC - 4 squares towards halfling #4 (the bowman)

IC
Throd wasn't about to let the archer pepper them with arrows while his fellow gladiators dealt with the melee combatants. The Mul charges forward shield up, would the halfling re-arm or accept the charge with a bow in its hand.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 3:32 am

Gonna attack #5.

Attack roll: 8, whew that was close.
http://orokos.com/roll/692604

I won't roll damage cause I am pretty sure that missed.

IC: Igto felt the pain cascade through his leg, making him bite down hard on his lip. The sweet taste of copper filled his mouth and he yelled out, swinging down hard on the closest enemy to him. He wanted to make them bleed.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 3:26 pm

6 will attack igto, disadvantage.
http://orokos.com/roll/692896
disadvantage wins!

No we are on Apollon.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 4:39 pm

OOC: Let's try this again...

Sneak attack with the finesse of the dagger (+2 to attack and damage) and advantage: attack damage: 2d20k1+2 13 1d4+1d6+2 10

IC: All Apollon caught was air at the end of his chant. His gritted his teeth and cursed himself for using an Elvish chant. This time he just shut up. He fainted another attack at the Halfling's neck and then dropped to a knee trying to drive the dagger into its gut.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 7:08 am

halfling 4 shoots at Throd, seeing that hes the target.
http://orokos.com/roll/693919
16 to hit, 4 damage.
Throd has 1 hp left. You got any healing abilities?

5 attacks Igto with the Carrikal:
http://orokos.com/roll/693923
does 12 hit? You have your AC as 13 with +3 from Con. Typically Dex is added to AC. Is this an error or an ability?
If its a hit, you have 6/15 remaining.

On Throd.

Ill get an updated map out soonish.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 3:40 am

I think my current AC is
10 + Shield (+2) + Dex (+1) + Class (+1) = 14 so that would be a hit.
However I can use my Shield spell as a reaction giving me another +5 AC.
So a miss.

OOC - move diagonally down 1 avoiding #5 and then strait down to #4 (3 squares total). Then hit it.
Att/Dam http://orokos.com/roll/693919 = 16 to hit, 4 damage

IC
Throd raises his shield but seeing that it would be useless against the arc of the arrow he lets the arrow hit him, but as it strikes his skin the area struck turns to stone for a brief moment turning it aside. The blessing of the earth elementals were with him. To the crowd it looked as though the missile had simply bounced off his flesh.

Reaching the archer Throd brings his hammer down in a crushing blow, but it looked to be wide of the mark, or at best a glancing blow.
Back to top Go down
mruozu
Senpai
mruozu

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 9:13 pm

I think with Barbarians they have the ability to add Con instead of Dex to their AC, so that should be a miss.

I will smack the one closest to me. If there isn't one close, I will move to engage the closest one first.

Attack Roll: 23, should be a hit.
https://orokos.com/roll/696566

Damage: 10
https://orokos.com/roll/696568

IC: The small fries were getting their licks in for sure, but every time they did so Igto downed another. The blood splattering onto him threatened to unleash his inner beast, but he kept it in check. They weren't worth it. Not these small weaklings before him. No, he'd wait. He'd wait until the bigger fish were there for the frying.

He smashes down towards the closest halfling, eager to split its head open and leave it the same as its friends.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 11:07 pm

5 is dead, that leaves one halfling. Solo, you wanna do us the honor?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood on the Sands - OOC   Blood on the Sands - OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood on the Sands - OOC
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next