A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General OOC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Theoretical

Theoretical

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: General OOC   General OOC EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 2:18 am

Questions, comments, and concerns go here.

I'll also take the opportunity to discuss how to roll for W&G. W&G uses an 'icon' or 'successes' system. On a d6, 1s, 2s, and 3s are 'failures' and don't count. 4s, and 5s count as one icon or success. 6s, known as exalted, count as 2. On a test, you roll a number of d6, count the number of success, and compare against the difficulty number of the check. Equal to or greater than means you pass the test. There's two other complicating factors. The first is that you can 'shift exalted icons for benefits'. In other words, you can use rolls of 6 to give additional benefits, as long as you would still succeed with that roll of 6. For example, if you were to roll to hit with a ranged weapon, you could shift a 6 into additional damage as long as you would still pass the 'to hit' roll. The second complicated item is the Wrath Die. Normally a dice of a different colour, the wrath die is included in most rolls. It acts like a normal die for icons, failures and exalted icons, but with two major differences. On a roll of a 6 on the wrath die, you gain a Glory, and crit if the roll allows it. Alternatively, rolling a 1 results in the character suffering from a complication, which can be anything from a narrative set back, to weapons jamming.

So, how do we roll for W&G? As Orokos is the standard here, let us use that. There are other options, but social inertia is a thing.
In orokos, adding the suffix x4 will make orokos count the number of icons, including exalted ones. For example, 4d6x4 will roll four 6-sided dice, then count up the number of 4's, 5's and 6's, counting a 6 as two successes. Have a look here or herefor examples.

The Wrath die is a little harder. We either roll an additional die separately, or as Murcurie's game has done, the last, right most die, is the wrath dice. As mentioned below, I prefer having the left most die (i.e. the first to be rolled) be the Wrath Die. So, first die is wrath die. So please tell me what the wrath die value is and link rolls! Thanks!

Last edited by Theoretical on Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 2:34 am

I would make the first die in each roll the wrath die. Seeing as how its one of the d6's.
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 2:54 am

I personally agree, but precedent had been set. Let's go with the first die in each roll then!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 10:37 am

Why change the rules from one game to another? I don't have a personal stake in whether it is the first or last, either works. I am just curious the reasoning behind making it the first dice.

Side Note: I won't be able to put any work into this until the weekend.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 12:18 am

Would I be able to recognize a gang?
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 2:49 am

If you don't want to, feel free not to, just make it clear what your choice is. I'm just giving you the chance to help build this world.
Back to top Go down
Mighty Jim

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 1:21 pm

So, where is this game on the spectrum of collaborative world-building, with like a 1 for traditional D&D (where I control my character but the DM exclusively defines the world) to 10 (where I can collaboratively define swaths of Guchov in my Session 0 thread)?

E.g., I might be looking for someone mentioned by the Inquisitor ("There is someone who might help, not one of ours, but someone known for taking in the lost and disposed, but that will be your choice."). Is this a clue to a mystery that the DM has sketched out? Or is this an invitation for me to conjure up a character along these lines (together with the DM, of course)?

Just trying to get my sea legs here.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 3:28 am

All good!

So, in terms of numbers, session 0's are roughly 7's. I get to have the final choice, but feel free to spit ball ideas. I'll explicitly ask for things if I want them, and you can also offer up ideas for things I didn't ask for.

In terms of the "There is someone who might help..." I had ideas for where that particular one was going, but I'm happy to hear what you're thinking. If it's good, I might change my plans!
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 6:18 pm

Im stuck on what I want tactitus to do. Been mulling it over.
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 3:18 am

That's alright!

Try your best. There's no wrong option here. Also feel free to provide some narrative details for session 0.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 11:58 am

We still playing here?
Back to top Go down
Mighty Jim

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 12:04 pm

Wow, those three months went by pretty quick. Any chance of getting this thing going again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

General OOC
Page 1 of 1