A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest Empty
PostSubject: Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest   Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 5:21 pm

Heya folks,

With the pathfinder 2.0 playtest being started, I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to try it out, and the small adventure they provide with the playtest. This would be my first try at running a game in PbP.

Any takers?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest   Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 5:51 pm

I could be into this, possibly. Where would we get our hands on a PDF of those rules?

What’s the concept for the adventure you’d run? Horror? Combat heavy? Just dancing the entire time?

Sent from Topic'it App

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest   Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 5:57 pm

The rules pdf for the playtest & everyting is free. though you need a paizo account. Havent had a chance to check out the pre-made adventure yet, it was all released today!. I'm mainly checking to see if I can find enough interested to run a decent game (3-5 players)
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest   Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 9:21 am

Wendigo, it may also be a good idea to let people know about this via the LINE main forum thread.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest   Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:13 pm

im wary of pathfinder, but Ill give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest   Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 8:17 am

Ok, so it took a while for me to get the paperback books, and if you guys are still interested I'll start the prep. The adventure inside (doomsday dawn) has you play with characters at different levels (1, 5, 9, 13, 17) in certain set-ups, with specific play-test goals in each. Very cthulean theme

My observations for the moment on pathfinder 2.0:

-Base mechanics (d20, stats, skills, feats) are still present.
-Removal of most "class abilities" in favor of a feat-based system
*A fighter feat gets one "fighter"-qualified feat per X levels
*Allows easier archetypes, multiclassing & prestige classes, as they simply involve the replacement of the "normal" class feats.
+For multiclassing, it is lower-level feat from a different class
 +For archetypes, it's just a specific series of feats that you can gain from 1 to 20
 +For prestige classes, it's like archetypes, except it starts at higher level and has prerequisites.
-Skills are less granular; you either know the skill or dont
-BaB is replaced with level bonus on class specialties; a fighter will get their level as a bonus on normal attacks, and a wizard gets their level as a bonus on spell DCs and touch attacks.
-New "standard" stat-building mechanic (though they present rolling as an option) gives you +2 to stats based on race, class and background, with a number of "free" +2s (or +1 if the stat is above 18) that you can place where you want.

For the moment the only disappointment is skills, as the granularity allowed you to be half-decent at a large number of skills.
-There seems to be less bookkeeping
-Feat-based system is better suited to class/playstyle variety than the old 3.5-inherited class system
-New stat-gen is decent, may stick with point-buy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest   Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest Empty

Back to top Go down

Interest check: Doomsday dawn, Pathfinder 2.0 playtest
Page 1 of 1