A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List Empty
PostSubject: Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List   Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 7:06 am

This is the place to put up what you're currently/have been watching on your streaming subscriptions. Share those hidden gems!

+++

Speaking of which, if you guys haven't watched "The Babysitter" yet on Netflix, you're missing out. It was an awesome throwback to the campy, pot-weak, slasher flicks of the 80s. Funny as hell too.
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com Online
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List   Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 2:34 pm

I'm really enjoying watching Lucifer with my wife at the moment. We've stormed through the first two seasons just about in time for the 3rd which has just come out. Its about the devil who has given up hell to run a night club in LA.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List   Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Holy shit, that sounds awesome. I have never even heard of it until now. What would youcompare it to?
Back to top Go down
Talanall

PostSubject: Re: Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List   Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:48 am

It's a TV spin-off of the character of Lucifer from Neil Gaiman's Sandman comic. Haven't actually seen it (though it's on my list), but the night club in LA is a dead giveaway. The idea was subsequently fleshed out in a comic in the same continuity: Lucifer, written by Mike Carey. Further appearances in Constantine.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List   Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 1:11 pm

So, it's the lead singer of Bush's character from the movie?
Back to top Go down
Talanall

PostSubject: Re: Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List   Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 1:34 pm

Peter Stormare's. He was one of the kidnappers in Fargo.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List   Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 9:57 am

Oh yeah, he is outstanding. OK, I will have to give it a go. Honestly right now I am just holding out with barely contained excitement for Stranger Things season 2.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List   Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 11:29 pm

Guess I'll share:

Mindhunter: The beginning of the Behavioral Science Unit at the FBI. The one that hunts down serial killers. If anyone liked Seven or Zodiac then this is pretty much the show version of that (helps that Fincher himself directs four episodes and is a producer). Also based off the book with the same name.

Patriot: A great little gem on Amazon. About a spy and all the weird shit he gets into on and off the job. It's a dark comedy through and through.

The Wire: Hardly a gem but I'm on my third re-watch of the whole series. Still one of TVs best exploration of inner city life/groups and the most realistic depictions of police.

Big Mouth: Crude humor to go around for days but its exploration of puberty is pretty much spot on.

American Vandal: If you like true crime shows (podcast or TV) then this the perfect satire. It's depiction of high school life and the people is pretty damn real.

The Last Kingdom: Like Vikings but it's based in Britain and deals with the politics and people of the time (like Alfred the Wise). Very fast moving but I fell that doesn't detract from the show at all. It doesn't bullshit you with filler episodes and keeps the story humming along. Based off the book series The Saxon Stories.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List   Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 11:26 am

Solodice wrote:
Mindhunter: The beginning of the Behavioral Science Unit at the FBI. The one that hunts down serial killers. If anyone liked Seven or Zodiac then this is pretty much the show version of that (helps that Fincher himself directs four episodes and is a producer). Also based off the book with the same name.

Patriot: A great little gem on Amazon. About a spy and all the weird shit he gets into on and off the job. It's a dark comedy through and through.

The Wire: Hardly a gem but I'm on my third re-watch of the whole series. Still one of TVs best exploration of inner city life/groups and the most realistic depictions of police.

I haven't heard of Patriot, but it sounds cool. Is it for Prime members?

Te others I have been told multiple times that I need to watch - the emphasis on The Wire. Do you have it on DVD or do you stream it from somewhere?

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List   Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 12:08 pm

Patriot is for prime members as it's an Amazon original.

Also, if you have prime you have access to some of HBO's back catalogue which includes all the seasons of The Wire and other shows like Rome, Deadwood, Generation Kill, and others.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List   Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 12:13 pm

ohhhhhh shitttttttt. That is happening.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List   Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 7:19 pm

Since Aly and I love cooking shows, we have been watching this little gem called "The Big Family Cooking Showdown" on Netflix.

It is a British family cooking competition judged by two famous (in Britain) chefs named Giorgio and Rosemary. Two families go head to head via three challenges and then the winning family goes on to the semi finals. It has been a lot of good fun to watch while eating and get ideas for the next meal.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List   Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List Empty

Back to top Go down

Netflix (Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.) Instant Streaming List
Page 1 of 1