A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ash Downtime / Freeplay

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

Ash Downtime / Freeplay Empty
PostSubject: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyThu May 07, 2020 1:36 pm

Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/gamedevadventurer
moarhair

moarhair

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyThu May 07, 2020 2:21 pm

Marius, drenched in sweat, chased Ashlyn through the ship, his stick held tightly in his right hand. He was the Hunter. Again. Some things never changed. They had played this game since they were small children, running around their family's manor, switching between Hunter and Leviathan with each tag. Marius was the Hunter most of the time.

The game had evolved over the years. The simple touch-tags had become blows with sticks. Siblings. Their parents had hated The Game. The two wild children, always bruised and bloodied, reflected poorly upon them, they said. Still, they'd never managed to stop them. No punishment could defeat "I'll get you next time!".

This particular bout had lasted for close to an hour now, the two redheaded Skovlanders chasing each other through the Phantom's Well, trading blows when they caught up, then separating for another chase.

Marius finally managed to corner Ashlyn near the prow of the ship. The clack, clack, clack of their sticks resonated over the water as they sparred.

"You're not getting away this time!" Marius exclaimed with a grin.

Last edited by moarhair on Thu May 07, 2020 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed Predator and Prey to Hunter and Leviathan. More flavorful.)
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyThu May 07, 2020 5:58 pm

"You wish!" Shouts back Ash.

She parried Marius attack and before he could throw a new one she turned, pulling herself up the common room cabin and up the captains. "See you around, brother." She said.  Then without missing a bit she threw Marius a mock salute and slid down one of the mast's ropes to land on the other side of the ship. That had been a good warming exercise but now that she had trained her body it was time to study some swaying techniques.

She walked inside her berthing cabin and procured a slim green book from a sack that was haphazardly thrown on the corner. The books that had been used previously or that simply didn't have space inside the sack were strewn all over the floor. Books about poisons, picking locks, and subterfuge were a few of the titles that were visible.

She laid down inside her hammock and opened the book halfway through. "Everyone wants something, be it money, information, an object, or human interaction; there is something they are lacking. If you can learn what that is and give them just enough so they know you have it, the game is over, and the only thing left is to collect your winnings. Now, it won't be that cut and dried all the time..."
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyThu May 14, 2020 5:22 pm

EPISODE 2

he/him

Last edited by bobarctor1977 on Sun May 17, 2020 9:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptySat May 16, 2020 11:30 am

Ash walked down Great Cinder Street to meet Darmot, they have heard the food at the leaky bucket is good and quite cheap. Darmot's “friends”  from the Crow’s foot precinct had been insistent. The best precinct to be is Crow's foot if only to get to it at the Leaky Bucket for lunch.

“Hey Darmot” Ash greeted, they agreed to meet in front of the precinct then walk from to the leaky bucket.

“How you doing, Ash ?”He asked then point to the direction She had just come from. “The entrance is around the block. Through Old Silk Alley.”

“Have you been around here before?”Asked Ash

“As a hazing, I suppose, was send to deliver some “evidence” my first month, walked into a gang fight, and almost got my self killed for trying to interfere. Was a rough awakening, I would say, gang members, leave you alone if you leave them alone. We have almost no jurisdiction here.” He talked calmly about this now, but now Ash could remember what was all the fuss when he had needed a night out to drown his sorrows. Even drunk he hadn’t said much but it was obvious now that something dangerous had happened. Now she knew.

The front of the leaky bucket was gray brick and wood, lively conversation was coming from inside and a really good smell was already making Ash feel excited about what they would eat. A man at the door with a big rifle on his back took his hat of greeting them. Darmot did the same and Ash only boded. “Who’s that?” She asked once they were sitting inside.

“That was the man that almost killed me the first time I came to craw’s foot.” He drank from his mug, smiling. “Now he is good contact, almost friend but we are not there yet. So tell me, Ash. What do you need me to talk about today?”

Ash smirked, passing him a note with the name of their new client scribbled on it. “How’s uncle Arden doing these days?”
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptySat May 16, 2020 3:08 pm

Darmot raises his eyebrows when he sees the name on the piece of paper, regarding Ash quizzically. He glances around him. After all, any bluecoat with half a brain will be careful with what information they divulge where...not to mention be mindful of who's listening.

"He's...well?"

Darmot takes a slurp of wine. Ash gets the feeling Darmot feels a bit awkward disclosing valuable info while being vague enough for any listening ears.

"As well as you could be when the authorities are breathing down your neck, anyway. His money and connections have helped him avoid Ironhook thus far. I doubt it will come to that, but either way, he's been trading...buying...selling... things that he shouldn't be."

Darmot smiles uncomfortably. He then leans in close and whispers over their food.

"Friends in high places only go so far. He was connected to the disappearance of another noble - he will likely meet justice somehow or another."

he/him
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptySat May 16, 2020 4:26 pm

"Poor uncle, though he seems to be reaping what he sows." Ash smirked then took a drink from her own wine. " Wanted to pay him a visit, but I guess looking for the right time won't be possible."

She looked down at the mushroom soup in front of her, nothing fancy, something even Spooks would be able to cook. The smell was ok and no one else around seemed to have gagged or thrown up so it should be edible. She gulps, take a spoonful of the thing and tasted it before she backed down. It was warm, chasing away the cold from the outside and the dampness left by the mist from the sea. "I have to accept that your coworkers were right, this is good."
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyWed May 27, 2020 7:08 pm

Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyWed May 27, 2020 7:08 pm

Swish, bam, swish, swish, bam.

Ash gets into the rhythm easily, the punching bag will not dodge, she could focus on her form for tonight fight.

"Hey, Ash." Spook entered her room with some rat bones on his hand and a small rubber ball."Want to play with me? Mr. Rake is nowhere to be seen and Whitepaws won't stop looking at his sword."

Bam, swish, bam.

"What about Steve?" She asked maybe getting back into the zone won't be difficult if spooks don't stay too long.

Spooks stays silent and that is enough for her to know that he had probably disappeared again into his room to do some accounting, useless but calming nonetheless, at least to him.

Bam.

She smirks and the kid jumps in delight. "Alright come in, but if we are going to play this there will be hight stakes. Whoever wins chooses who will be the next target of our pranks."

"DEAL!" Spooks says.

=================================================
That night Ash goes to the fighting pits in a good mood, not the best mindset for a winner.

"1, 2, 3! Helker is out!"

<<At least I lasted the three rounds.>>
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 6:23 pm

Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 8:18 pm

Ash walked down the docks looking for a pit ready to receive a new fighter.

"He comes down! The Rabid Dog is out and The Black Kraken keeps undefeated, ladies and gentlemen. Who will dare to go against him next?"

She smirks, The Kraken is bulky and at least two times her size, perfect to train fighting against bigger opponents. Ashlyn finishes grasping up her hands and throws her coat to the referee.

"Im next!"

The man extends his hand to the makeshift ring, inviting her to go in, The Black Kraken laughs but says nothing. His jaw looks bruised and is most probably broken, he will not be talking during the fight.
They both get into position and when the referee rings the bell Ash starts rounding her opponent. He does a few faints, trying to grab Ash's arm but she easily sidesteps him. His left knee was slightly bent and she knew what that meant.

The knee is injured, that will be my entry point. She thinks, and when The Black Kraken comes in once again she grabs his hand jumping and clasping her feet around his shoulder. They both come down, a crack indicating the shoulder had been dislocating made the people wince. Ash unwrapped one of her legs from the man's arm and before he could even attempt to get back up she kicked him on the face with full force.

"We have a new winner!" The referee shouts.

Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 10:31 am

=============================

Ash moves through the streets like a shadow, avoiding busy streets and keeping to the back alleys when possible. She had arranged a meeting with Darmot, had to be done this time in a place where they might be noticed less so she chose one of the farthest docks from where they have their ship.

"Hey Darmot, hope we haven't created trouble for you lately." She greats her friend. "Have you heard anything we have to get worried about?"
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 2:53 pm

Darmot laughs darkly.

"Got anything to be worried about? No, not unless you're overly concerned about Inspector Vale asking everyone in the docks if they know where you live these days."

He tilts his head, looking at Ash incredulously.

"A cart? In the canal? Are you trying to go to ironhook? I hear they're really friendly with foreigners there..."

he/him
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 5:22 pm

"Best we could come up with considering the situation." She said mulling over what Darmot had sais about Inspector Vale. Things my get trickier if she was already asking for them... or one of them. "Who is exactly Inspector Vale asking for?"

Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 7:42 pm

"She's asking for you. And Rake. Doesn't seem to know your real names, just your street names. I don't think she's too crazy about refugees...especially those on the wrong side of the law. Doubt she has any dirt on you yet, but I'd watch your back."

He lets out a sigh, he appears stressed out.

"I want you two to be safe, and I don't want to have to stick my neck out for you two again."

he/him
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 11:59 am

"Thanks pal, you wont have to." She answers, putting her hand on his shoulder and squeezing. "We will lay low for now and have an eye out looking for her." She nods at him then backtracks into the cover of the alleyways.

She needed to get to Quilyn's before anything sidetracked her again. She could no go into the score with an injury.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 4:13 pm

Episode 5

Downtime

Ash is walking back to the lair from the market to pick up some food when a glance over her shoulder reveals she's being followed. Heartbeat quickening, she ducks into an alley only to find herself cornered by bluecoats.

A quick assessment of the situation makes it clear that there is no escaping this time...they restrain her with unnecessary force and stuff her in the back of a carriage with a canvas bag over her head and limbs tied up.

A few hours later, the bag is pulled off and Ash finds herself in a dark room with only a single sparkcraft light above.

Stone floor, brick walls...cold damp air...must be a basement. A watch interrogation basement somewhere. After a miserable hour of waiting, the door behind Ash clicks open and she can hear boots clunking on the floor. Inspector Vale. She walks around to face Ash and crouches down at her eye level.

"Good to see you again, Ashlyn. Now, much as I would love to chit chat," her voice drips with disdain "...we're both busy people, so let's cut to the chase. What the hell do you think you're doing interfering with state executions? And where the fuck is Billy Morris?"

Meta info:

he/him
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 4:52 pm

"Aaaw whats wrong Vale? Thought you would be happy to chat. It's been months since the last time I saw you."  Ashlyn turned herself slightly up, exaggerating a thinking posture. "That you are aware of." She adds with the most impertinent smirk she can muster.

A man clad in the classic blue coat garb enters and for a minute there, her heart stops. Thinking is Darmot, but when the man looks up from the papers he is carrying she can see it's only Vale's assistant. What was his name again? Damn if I remember, at least I know he plays the coin game, was starting to get nervous just being along with Vale.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 3:06 pm

Vale narrows her cold blue eyes. She's wearing a long black overcoat over a impeccable white shirt and black tie. Her brown hair is cut in a short, no-nonsense style. She pulls back her overcoat to reveal a dagger sheathed to her hip.

"Oh, Ash. What I wouldn't give to get you talking myself...but I've got a social call in a few minutes, and this was just oh-so poorly timed."

She caresses the handle of the blade. The knife must be at least six inches long...

"I know your crew saved Morris' sorry ass. And that means you also were pretty damn close to the Ministry attack. It's enough for us to kill you right here and now and dump you in a canal without a single official looking twice."

Vale leans in close, her pale blue eyes so close it feels like the heat is draining out of the room. Her pale skin gives her an almost skeletal, undead appearance.

"You're going to tell us everything, understand? The only question is whether you make it easy or hard on yourself."

Meanwhile, her assistant wraps tape around his knuckles and cracks his neck.

"Now. Are you willing to talk or do I need to give you some quality time with my friend here?"

he/him
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 3:39 pm

"Oh, don't worry, I know you would enjoy getting the answers yourself." She winks an eye at her then looks at the assistant.

The feel of a fist hitting her flesh was so tempting. Even if it didn't felt as good as when she was able to punch back, it still helped take the edge off. God knows after that score I need sometimes in the pits. She thinks while getting lost it her imagination, her eyes hadn't left the assistant's hands and Vale notices easily.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 11:44 am

Inspector Vale narrows her eyes. If looks could kill...she turns and nods curtly at her assistant before striding out of the room.

The assistant takes a deep breath and steps toward Ash. He leans past her and reaches beside her, revealing he's brought a crowbar with him.

He hefts the weight in his hands before looking at Ash with a sick, twisted smile.

"How's that old saying go? If all you have is a crowbar...."

he/him
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 5:11 pm

"Beats me, not from around here, pal. Ash says while taking out the coin from her pocket and puts it on the table.

"Let's drop the act, you leave the crowbar aside and instead give me a few punches with your fist so Vale believes you did your work and then Ill get the hellout of here." She squares herself to receive the punches.

Last edited by NightingaleJ on Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 8:58 am

The assistant tries to keep his face straight, but his eyes betray his greed when he sees the bag of coin. He grabs the bag gingerly, stuffing it in a coat pocket before setting the crowbar down.

"Them's the magic words..."

He pulls his arm back for a punch, follows it up with a few more - it hurts like hell but Ash knows that in a few days time she will be right as rain.

"Now get the hell outta here."

he/him
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 9:59 am

"Oof, that smarts." She says standing and swaying for a bit before turning for the door.

"I can see myself out, tell Vale we should go out for drinks one of these days." She laughs before closing the door behind her.
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 7:07 pm

Downtime 1 Heat

Ashlyn walks through the streets looking for the dock where she arranged to meet with Darmot.

"What now?" He asks, his way of saying there were people watching.

"Saw a few scoundrels doing something they shouldn´t." She says, someone saw us doing something we shouldn´t, its what she really means.

"Nothing new, there are always scoundrels doing something the shouldn't." How can I help? He really asks.

"Just thought you would like to know." Make the evidence disappear.

They both node, message received, and walk their respective ways.
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 7:37 pm

Downtime action 2 Heat

Ash goes pass the tired coats "guarding" the crime scene, sleep was already winning against them and the inspectors still had to appear. She leaves incriminating evidence here, a few clues there, takes care of whatever they might have left behind. No one will know the Backwater Phantoms had been here.
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 11:08 am

Gather Info Spirit Well

Ash heard a rumor about Spirit Wells, rifts where ghosts and other supernatural being congregate to draw energy. If they could get a hold of one... business could finally go better for the backwater phantoms. But the Dimmer Sisters might not like it, Candence was sternly against it too.

So she chose the next best way to get information, to watch people and hear their conversations, she went to Silkshore, Nightmarket and Whitecrown. The addicts, the buyers and the academic, all three with good posibilities of knowing or hearing spooky stuff.

Last edited by NightingaleJ on Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:52 am

On one of her prowls, Ash hears about some strange bumps in the night in a tenement house in Silkshore. Some of the artists and bohemian residents there have commented on curious, spectral figures about the building, demons coming and going, and one rumor even speculates that the landlord has blocked off a floor from any renters to keep something under the wraps.

Whether it's a spirit well, nonsense hearsay, or something even stranger, none can say.

he/him
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 8:32 am

DTA Score 5

Ash is sitting on a bench, towel on her head and she is looking down at the ground. Her lip is split and despite having the calming ache of her sour muscles and and ragged breath the feelings of guilt still remain. She hadn't been able to do much and her cousin almost get to pay for her lack of focus with a bullet.

Not again! She stands, throwing the towel in the bench and walking away to find her. She was making things right.
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 8:04 pm

=================================
Gather info for hull
=================================

Ash walks into the docks when the place is busier, sailors running all over the place to load their cargo, having a drink near the ship, and laugh their asses off while the stupor of alcohol takes them away.

*Sometimes hiding is about being in plain sight.* She thinks as she approaches her favorite docker."Elynn! Just who I was looking for, do you have time for a dear friend?" She asks then shows her the drinks she brought to share with her, nothing fancy, just to beers from the aborkir. "I could buy lunch too."
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 5:38 pm

Elynn hails Ash amiably, grabbing a beer and taking a hearty swig. The docker shivers against the cold wind blowing in off the pitch-black sea and squints at Elynn.

"Don't worry about lunch. Something tells me you didn't come to this little slice of paradise for a drink with a friend, eh?"

Elynn offers a smile. She's very kind woman, but knows when someone has a favor to ask...

he/him
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 6:00 pm

Ashe smiles, " You know me so well, Elynn." She pauses, looking arou d a d acting the part of an old friend looking to catch up.

"Our friends the fog hounds have a new toy, it's causing us trouble and we where hoping you could tell us something. Where or how they hot it? Spects? Anything that could help or to whom we should go."
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 2:03 pm

Elynn smiles, glancing this way and that to make sure no one is watching.

"Well, lucky for you, I keep my ears and eyes peeled, not much happens around these docks without me noticing...I have a feeling I know where they got it."

Elynn clears her throat before speaking in a low whisper, barely audible above the crash of the waves and the wind.

"I noticed a couple of people from the hounds leaving the Wooden Slug one evening..with a fellow wearing way too fine a clothes to be any of the usual riff-raff around the docks. I followed him a ways, made note of where he went to, and asked around."

Her eyes gleamed. It was clear Elynn quite enjoys being privy to gang secrets.

"Fairly certain that fellow was with the Circle of the Flame. You know, those antiquarians who pretend all they do is sell busts of old war heroes and statesmen, but in reality are running rackets here and there throughout the Dusk. I bet he cut a deal with them. Although from my best guess, there's no way in hell the Hounds acquired it permanently...my guess it's on loan. Either that or the Hounds traded something mighty valuable for it, or promised a job way above their pay grade. Of course, a loan implies the assumption that they'll give it back in one piece...maybe the Circle has something on collateral."

Elynn shrugs, tossing the empty beer bottle into the sea.

he/him
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 1:58 pm

Ash nods to everything Elyn says but she perks up at the mention of the Circle of Flame, they had a contact that could work and it would even leave them in a better position with them if things went moderately in their favor.

She thanks Elyn but keeps talking to her about nothing and everything to keep appearances until it feels like the right time to go and then she just leaves. A normal visit to catch up with a friend, nothing more and nothing less.
Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 1:24 pm

Back to top Go down
NightingaleJ

NightingaleJ

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 3:22 pm

[ A somber meeting and a decision ]

Ash walked the docks, went past the fighting pits, and kept going until she reached her meeting point with Darmot. He hadn't said much on the telegram just that they needed to meet and fast. Dramatic much?   Ash wanted to brush it off as just that, Darmot exaggerating, but she knew him better than that.

He was already waiting when she arrived and instead of his poker face he was frowning.
"What's wrong?" Tonight there wasn't time to use codes or beat around the bush.

"Nothing good, heat on you is accumulating and someone is pressuring Vale on doing an arrest for the new crew steering trouble among already established crews. They are going to be out there formally hunting for you all. Stop the jobs, lay low for a while. There are already rumors that you are the culprits for last night's massacre." He doesn't turn to look at Ash but his face is like a book, anxiety, and fear for her long-time friend. "Please Ashlyn, stop before you all get killed. What can be so important that you must put yourselves at risk like this?"

Ash smiles wrily, of course, he doesn't understand, he didn't lose what she and Marius lost. He wasn't drafted into the war because his family flew before that could happen. "I'm sorry friend, we can't stop but we will be careful, thank you for the heads up. She looked around making sure no one could see them and then she closed the last distance between her and Darmot to give him a gentle kiss on the cheek. "Goodbye, take care of my obnoxious brother for me.

"What are you going to do? Ashlyn!" But Ash just ignored her friend's scream, she had a mission now. As clear as the water of these canals most have been before the cataclysm. They were at war, and being subtle won't be on their menu for a long time yet, the last time they needed was to deal with the police too. The solution? Someone needed to pay, calm down the bluecoats before they wanted blood and she knew just the right person to take care of it.

=====================================================

Inspector Vale was preparing herself a tea before finally relaxing for the day. She had been working on a case the last week and finally cracked it that morning. She had earned her rest but what she didn't know was that someone was about to knock at her door and drag her back to the precinct. her career was going the get another good mark on her record.

BAM, BAM, BAM.

The knock finally came and Vale frowned opening the door to find Ash behind it. She had her hands up showing she had no weapons and that she wasn't there to cause her trouble.  "Special delivery," She said with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ash Downtime / Freeplay   Ash Downtime / Freeplay Empty

Back to top Go down

Ash Downtime / Freeplay
Page 1 of 1