A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

House Rules

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Theoretical

Theoretical

House Rules Empty
PostSubject: House Rules   House Rules EmptyFri May 01, 2020 7:25 am

This is not yet a comprehensive list. Let me know if there's suggestions or requests for me to consider.

I'm using the W&G reload rules, mapped to FFG games as listed here. This particular houserule might be reassessed if I feel it breaks the game.
- Players will have 3 Reloads per session.
- Reloads are lost on rolls of (90-00) in addition to other effects
       - Weapon jams will thus lose a Reload in addition to the check required to clear the jam.
- Losing a reload when you have 0 Reloads will prevent the weapon from function until fixed.
- Reloads can be spent to do extra things
       - Activate weapon qualities for a 'session', such as overcharge (1 Reload) and overload (2 Reload) for las weapons
       - Activate special ammunition for a 'Session' (1 Reload)
       - Add an additional shot to the damage roll (1 Reload)
- Reload. Reload Reload. Reload? Reload.

Rapid Reload: Given that W&G rules change the rules from ammunition, reloading time isn't useful. Rapid Reload grants another Reload charge. Reload.

Hatred (Talent amendment): Hatred now applies a +10 bonus to hit to both WS tests AND BS tests against the hated enemy.

Called Shot (Head) (Rules Amendment): Successful called shots to the head will extend the Righteous Fury range to 9 or 10. If a weapon already incurs RF on 9 or 10, the range will extend to 8, 9, or 10.

Sneak Attacking (new rule): When a successful opposed silent move test places a PC/NPC in melee range of an enemy, damage will be resolved as follows: the attacker will gain a free called shot and a free RF on a successful attack roll. Troop-level enemies will die outright, but elite/master level enemies will suffer damage as normal.  This rule can also be used against PCs. Furthermore, some troope-level enemies with unnatural toughness will not die outright at GM discretion.

Leadership Aptitude: The Leadership aptitude has been absorbed by the Social aptitude.

Demolitions ("New" Skill; Aptitudes: Intelligence/fieldcraft): Demolitions will no longer be covered under the Tech-Use skill. If you want to attempt demo tests, you will need to purchase it separately. Demolition covers everything from laying mines, to defusing bombs, to jerry-rigging grenades together.

Last edited by Theoretical on Sat May 02, 2020 5:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

House Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Rules   House Rules EmptyFri May 01, 2020 11:38 am

Here is the list of House Rules I use in my Only War game. Feel free to steal/reject any. Some we have had a lot of success with and others have never been used and need to be reassessed or dropped altogether.

The big ones we have had success with are Hatred, Called Shot (head), Sneak Attacking, Leadership Aptitude, and Demo-skill. Demo Skill replacing Tech for Fieldcraft is also a doable workaround.

Emperor's Bastards House Rules

Cheers!

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Theoretical

Theoretical

House Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Rules   House Rules EmptySat May 02, 2020 5:18 am

Thanks! I was reading through those previously, and had a short list that I was going to consider. I'm glad to see that most of them you suggested as useful! Also, I had forgotten how absolutely awful leadership is.

Would you be able to quick read the reload rules, see if they make sense?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

House Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Rules   House Rules EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:11 pm

Looks awesome. I think for clarity, this bit could be amended: "Losing a reload when you have 0 Reloads will prevent the weapon from function until fixed."

Instead of reading as though the weapon is broken, really what's happened after losing all reloads is that the player is "out of ammo." So, perhaps read as "when you roll 90-00 when you have 0 reloads remaining, your character has used up the last of their ammo."

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

House Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Rules   House Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

House Rules
Page 1 of 1