A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Princeofhavoc

Princeofhavoc

Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) Empty
PostSubject: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 10:29 am

No one remembers the world before, nor how it fell. Myths and legends are told of a great war of the gods, a great plague upon the land, and great beasts set loose upon man. For generations your community has struggled to survive in the shadow of great monsters and dangerous lands. In this generation, as with every generation before, struggles are rampant and those that survive must be ever vigilant lest their weak light of civilization may be snuffed out once and for all.

Powered by the apocalypse. Legacy: Life Among the Ruins. A post apocalyptic community building game with a long view. Characters and families are very easy to build.
You will create fluff to fit a collaboratively built world. Free form: I am going to work with every player to build their family and character playbooks from the ground up, though you may take already created playbooks if they fit the themes and you do not wish to take, or do not have, the time to do an in depth build. Hidden moves: Each player will have a private channel for all rolls and other players will only be able to see obvious changes and hear rumors unless they spend resources or actions to gain more information. At the start you will all build very mundane families, but each family will evolve based upon choices made and actions taken. You may cooperate, war among yourself, jockey for position, or ignore each other as you wish.

This is going to be a very long campaign requiring players to put thought into their actions. Time till jumps forward will be hidden from the group until they happen. Drop ins and drop outs will be handled in game and are easily adjusted for.

Last edited by Princeofhavoc on Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 12:52 pm

Very interested in this. Are we using Legacy 2E or 1E?
Back to top Go down
Princeofhavoc

Princeofhavoc

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 4:41 pm

We would be using 2E for this.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 7:50 pm

Princeofhavoc wrote:
We would be using 2E for this.

Cool, I see 2E takes everything from 1E and puts it together and then some. That's nice.

Barebones concept I was kicking around at the moment is a mercantile family. However, instead of just being a straight up Gilded Company of Merchants I'm throwing some more mercenary flavor to them as well (violence and manpower can be bought and traded).
Back to top Go down
Princeofhavoc

Princeofhavoc

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 2:23 am

To all things a price and all prices a collector aye.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 5:27 pm

Definitely interested but wary of committing to another game ATM. Will for sure chime in if I decide to join though and eager to watch the game in any event.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Princeofhavoc

Princeofhavoc

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 12:32 pm

Not many bites it seems...
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 6:11 pm

Princeofhavoc wrote:
Not many bites it seems...

Nope. New game system, lots of current players tied up in other games, and maybe just too different or uninteresting to some. It sucks but it happens.
Back to top Go down
Lynata

Lynata

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 6:31 pm

Personally I am very intrigued by the concept, but a little anxious about the "very long campaign" bit. Can you specify the timeframe a little more? I'm already engaged in a DH2 PbP that's been going on for several years, which makes me cautious when it comes to any more commitments like that.
Back to top Go down
Princeofhavoc

Princeofhavoc

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 7:07 am

I plan to at least get a couple generations out of this... possibly more. The game is designed so you see the effect your family has on the area as they try to rebuild civilization or tear it down over the course of many life times.
Back to top Go down
Lynata

Lynata

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 3:00 pm

Oh yeah, that is exactly what would interest me. But, having never played this game before, I'm left wondering just how this would convert into actual playtime. Like, what sort of timeframe commitment would you be looking for among players? Several months, half a year, more than a year?
Back to top Go down
Princeofhavoc

Princeofhavoc

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 3:13 pm

Depends on posting rates and however long you want to play. Game is designed to allow for drop-ins and drop-outs as things go. Allows for people taking breaks and avoiding burnout as the world evolves slowly. I plan on keeping the campaign running as long as people want to play, and am more than willing to facilitate people phasing in or out as their schedules and enjoyment wax and wane.
Back to top Go down
Lynata

Lynata

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 6:49 am

Well, I remain interested. The elements of grand strategy are just too attractive, and it's been more than a decade since I last played something similar.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:16 am

I am interested but very hesitant as this seems like a really big time investment. This would seem like a game I might be able to walk into at the end of this semester.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 1:20 pm

Princeofhavoc wrote:
I plan to at least get a couple generations out of this... possibly more. The game is designed so you see the effect your family has on the area as they try to rebuild civilization or tear it down over the course of many life times.

How fast or slow do you want us to get to the time jumps (for RL play it says between 2 to 5 sessions before an Age turn)? For PbP that could be anything from a 2 months to a year. The drop in and drop out quality of the game is nice but I understand the apprehensiveness of dedicating long swathes of play time for little progression in a game that revolves around time changes.
Back to top Go down
Princeofhavoc

Princeofhavoc

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 10:55 pm

Actually, it looks like I have to shelve this idea for a bit. The missus just let me know we are expecting again, a blessing to be sure, but my extra free time is about to be eaten up by baby things.
Back to top Go down
Lynata

Lynata

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 8:06 pm

Congratulations and good luck!
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 6:36 am

Princeofhavoc wrote:
Actually, it looks like I have to shelve this idea for a bit. The missus just let me know we are expecting again, a blessing to be sure, but my extra free time is about to be eaten up by baby things.

Congratulations man!!

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)   Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now) Empty

Back to top Go down

Legacy: Life Among the Ruins (Close for now)
Page 1 of 1