A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator  Empty
PostSubject: Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator    Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator  EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 1:40 pm

Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator  3aadb26d2f8bbd5ea577a98d140ab1c2

Name: Sakana Pescado
Race/Class/Level: Locathah Druid 1.
Ship Job: Navigator
Druidic Domain: Lightning (Air Sub-domain)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity: Gozreh
Language(s): Common, Druidic, Elven, & Locathah.

XP: ???
Notes: Take Goodberry as soon as you're able; focus on summoning boost feats (spell focus --> aug. summoning); eventually build into Storm Kindler @ level 10.

Str 10 (+0)
Dex* 16 (+3)
Con 12 (+1)
Int 12 (+1)
Wis* 18 (+4)
Cha 8 (-1)
*Racial bonus

Initiative: +3 (+3 Dex)/+7 once per day
Speed: 20 ft. on land/40 ft. in water
HP: 9 (1d8+1)
BAB: +0
Armor Class: 19 (+3 Armor, +1 Shield, +2 Scales, +3 Dex)
- Touch: 13
- Flat-Footed: 16
Saving Throws:
- Fort +3
- Ref +4
- Will +6

Skills:
Heal +8 (1 rank, +3 class, +4 Wis)
Knowledge
- Geography +5 (1 rank, +3 class, +1 Int)
- Nature +7 (1 rank, +3 class, +1 Int, +2 Druid)
Perception +8 (1 rank, +3 class, +4 Wis)
Profession
- Sailor +8 (1 rank, +3 class, +4 Wis)
Sense Motive +5 (+1 trait, +4 Wis)
Survival +10 (1 rank, +3 class, +4 Wis, +2 Druid)
Swim +8 (racial)
Feats:
- Spell Focus (Conjuration)

Spells:
Spell Save DC: 15
Domain:
- Lightning Arc
- Shocking Grasp (1st)
Orisons:
- Create Water
- Know Direction
- Spark
Level 1:
- Entangle
- Summon Nature's Ally I

Traits & Special:
- Amphibious (Can breathe air & water without penalty)
- Lowlight Vision
- Natural Armor (Scales +2)
- Nature Sense (+2 Survival/Knowl. Nature)
- Armor & Shield Proficiency (Light & Medium)
- Strong Limbs (Land speed 20 ft./Swim speed 40 ft.)
- Weapon Proficiency (club, dagger, dart, quarterstaff, scimitar, scythe, sickle, shortspear, sling, and spear.)
- Wild Empathy (1d20 +druid level +Cha to improve animal's disposition)
- Ilizmagorti Native (Campaign trait; +1 Sense Motive (class skill), untrained Knowledge Local for info on pirates/region of Shackles)
- Heedful Readiness (Faith trait; +wis mod. to initiative once/day)
- Deft Dodger (Combat trait; +1 Ref save)

Equipment:
Armor (AC Penalty: -2):
- Hide Shirt (+3 AB, +5 Max Dex; 20 GP, 18 lbs.)
- Light Shield, Coral (+1 AB, 8 GP)
Weapons:
- Macuahuitl (+0; 1d8 S, 19-20x2; Fragile, 5 GP, 2 lbs.)
- Dagger x3 (+0/+3; 1d4 P or S, 19-20x2, 10 ft; 6 GP, 3 lbs.)
- Shortspear (+0/+3; 1d6x2 P, 20 ft; 1 GP, 3 lbs.)
Gear:
Druid's Kit (no animal feed, 14 GP, 44 lbs)
- Backpack, Belt Pouch, Blanket, Flint & Steel, Holly, Mistletoe, Iron Pot, Mess Kit, Soap, Spell Component Pouch, Torches (x10), Trail Rations (5 days), & Waterskin.

Total Weight: 26 lbs (Light Load; no Druid's kit)/70 lbs (Heavy Load w/entire Druid's kit)
Money: 36 GP, 2 SP, 0 CP (Starting Wealth )

+++++++
STILL NEEDS WORK

Description:
Height & Weight: 5' 4" (162.5 cm); 160 lbs (72.5 kg)
Fins: Orange with hints of red.
Eyes: All black
Scales: Orange with hints of red and white - lighter around the stomach area and darker on the back.
-

Personality:
Personality Traits: I have a crude sense of humor; I try to find a lesson for every situation, drawn from observing nature; Once won a swim race against a shark, but also lost a wrestling match with a squid.
Ideal:  Free Thinking - Inquiry and curiosity are the pillars of progress (Chaotic)//People - I'm committed to my crewmates, not to ideals (Chaotic).
Flaw(s): Near addiction: Will go to great lengths to acquire tubers (yams, potatoes, sweet potatoes, cassavas, etc).

Background:
Sakana is young by Locathah standards. He has just come of age and as an adult is finally ready to set out on his own. He was born into the Peskado-family of the larger Nami-clan, settlers of the warmer waters of Insert relevant place name here]. Since childhood, Sakana had been at one with the oceans and the rolling torrents of waves, thunder, and lightning above the depths. Strange but not unheard of for a shallow current dweller to develop such skills and connection, his innate powers were fed by the clan and given all the chances necessary to grow. Sakana's love for the creatures of the sea is only overshadowed by his love for the natural power of the storm. The elders know that if given the right growth and nourishment, there could be no limit to his powers.

Unlike most Locathah clans, the Nami had been free of indentured servitude and slavery for a number of generations. They were well settled, secure, and dedicated to keeping their territory and peoples safe and free from any form of servitude. Naturally, this safety and security seemed to the young males as the very confinement and servitude they had heard the elders warn of so regularly.

Could the Kuo-Toa and Ixitxachitl enslavement really have been as bad as the elders made it sound? Sakana had to wonder. It was this natural curiosity and sense of wonder that eventually led to his desire to leave the clan, explore the world, and return all the richer both physically, economically, and mentally. At least, that was the plan...

Post Avail: Daily over Summer

Last edited by Iron and Metal on Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:05 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator    Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator  EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 3:10 pm

Still very tentative. Items in Lime Green I am either completely lost on or would like people's input and opinions.

Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator    Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator  EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 3:17 pm

If you go summoning, there are a bunch of cool druid-only summoning feats.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator    Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator  EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 3:35 pm

I want to be this storm calling BAMF. Any feats that will aid in that?

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator    Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator  EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 4:01 pm

Considering dropping Cure Light Wounds in order to rely on the Heal skill and give myself another spell slot. I am thinking a focus on summoning and weather powers rather than wild shape.

EDIT: It is dropped. Heal skill + Goodberry farm here I come.

Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator    Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator  EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 5:33 am

I'm going to have to check this more thoroughly. Will send a post tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator    Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator  EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 8:15 am

No problem. I am sure there are mistakes as this is the first PF PC I have made in like... ten years. Also, I posed a question in the OOC about an updated weight/gold amount for a Druid's Kit that doesn't have 5 days worth of animal feed.

Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator    Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 6:43 pm

Firstly, you can have 2sp back for not having the feed.

Spell focus is for a specific school of magic (necromancy, illusion, conjuration etc, not arcane or divine).
Summon nature's ally can always be cast by a druid, burning other spells to cast it, like a cleric does for cure spells.
Spell save DC is wis modifier+spell level+potential feat.
The re is no spell attack modifier, from memory that's a 5th edition.
Also average gold for a druid is 70gp, not 90gp.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator    Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 8:35 pm

Willvr wrote:
Firstly, you can have 2sp back for not having the feed.

Spell focus is for a specific school of magic (necromancy, illusion, conjuration etc, not arcane or divine).
Summon nature's ally can always be cast by a druid, burning other spells to cast it, like a cleric does for cure spells.
Spell save DC is wis modifier+spell level+potential feat.
The re is no spell attack modifier, from memory that's a 5th edition.
Also average gold for a druid is 70gp, not 90gp.

1) How does the no animal feed affect weight? The numbers from the PFSRD says it's ten lbs.

2) I'll fix Spell Focus.

3) Summon Nature's Ally spontaneous cast is replaced by taking Storm Druid.

4) Sweet, thank you! Right now then it should be 15. And thanks for the 5th ed shit. This template was a holdover from an old 5e character I created but never played.

5) As you can see with the link, I didn't take average gold; I took my chances with the dark gods and rolled for it. Could have gone either way, really. Was that not allowed?

Back to top Go down
Willvr

PostSubject: Re: Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator    Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 9:24 pm

I'll give you a thorough breakdown later, but mainly due to armor, torches and rations you're carrying about 65 pounds. Putting you well into heavy load territory.

Taking the chance is fine, just didn't see it!

As all you have to do now is fix up Spell Focus, this character is pretty much good to go.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator    Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 10:20 pm

The Druid's kit would largely stay in his quarters until it was time to go ashore, and then he definitely would not be taking ten torches with him. I may change up the armor. 25lbs seems excessive for non-metal armor.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator    Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator  Empty

Back to top Go down

Sakana Pescado - Locathah Storm Druid & Navigator
Page 1 of 1