A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
blackadder

blackadder

Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal Empty
PostSubject: Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal   Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal EmptyThu May 09, 2019 9:22 am

Name: Gerold Filianatis

Career: Seneschal

Homeworld: Imperial World

Birthright: Child of the Creed

Lure of the Void: Hunter - Xenos Hunter

Trails and Trivials: Dark Voyage

Motivation: Pride

Wounds: 11
Fatigue: 0
Fate Points: 3
Movement:
Insanity: 4/100
Corruption: 0/100
Mutations: none.

WS 42.
BS 37.
S  42
T  39
Ag 38            
Int  44*
Per 31
Wp  40.
Fel  43*

*-Simple advance
.- Ws(-3;Child of creed); Wp(+3;Child of creed); Bs(+3;Hunter)

Goals:
Short term -
Long term -

Skills:

Barter(Fel)
Charm(Fel)*
Commerce(Fel)
Common Lore(Underworld)(Int)
Decive(Fel)
Dodge(Ag)*
Evaluate(Int)
Forbidden Lore(Archeotech)(Int)
Inquiry(Fel)
Literacy(Int)
Scholastic Lore(Beasts)(Int)
Silent Move(Ag)*
Speak Language(Low Gothic, Traders Cant)(Int)
Count as Basic Untrained:Common Lore (Imperial Creed, Imperium, War) (Int) and Speak Language (High Gothic) (Int)

*-100xp

Talents:
Basic Weapon Training (Universal)
Pistol Weapon Training (Universal)
Resistance (Fear)
Sprint
Unshakeable Faith

Traits:

Blessed Ignorance: -5 on Forbidden Lore tests (Homeworld)

XP(Spent/Available): 5000/0
-Intelligence(Simple, 100xp)
-Fellowship(Simple, 100xp)
-Dodge(100xp)
-Charm(100xp)
-Silent Move(100xp)

Gear:

Xenomesh armour
Autoquill
Dataslate
Micro-bead
Multikey
Two sets of robes
Synskin
Chrono
Cameloline cloak

Weapons:

Best-Craftsmanship hellpistol, Best-Craftsmanship hellgun
Exitium Lux, Relic pistol->
Relic:

Max Carry Weight:
Max Lifting Weight:
Max Pushing Weight:

Description
Height: 185 cm
Weight: 90 kg
Eyes: Brown-green
Hair: Dark brown
Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal PORTRET2

Characteristics Roll: https://orokos.com/roll/725957
Reroll weakest characteristic:
RollWounds:
RollFatePoints:
RollInsanity:

Last edited by blackadder on Sun May 19, 2019 3:17 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal   Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal EmptyThu May 09, 2019 9:24 am

+Questions+

1. The blood or the precedence: The patriarch Parvus Filianatis has been consumed by two things: finding those of Filianatis blood who are not cursed, and finding those allies with the skills to help them. Are you one of the last of the Blood, from branched family, bastard couplings or rare occurrence who have the innate power that comes with it? Or are you one of Precedence, those individuals of rare and exotic skill that no-one can deny?

My mother is a distant Filianatis realtive. So, you could say I am from branched family.

2. The path: All men walk a path to bring glory to humanity; all men walk a path to find the light of the emperor. What path do you tread? (In-game “character class”)

Seneschal. I was ordained to join the Ecclesiarchy, but as the circumstances of my distant family changed from bad to worse, I was, hm... redirected into a more suitable role.

3. The cradle: What type of world where you raised on? How does it mold its people? (As homeworld; please include a description of the world and choose the subsector the world is found)

4. The birthright: From birth to death, most Imperial citizens follow an immovable path towards their fate. However, some rare few are able to rise beyond their beginnings, however humble. What state have you risen from? What wretched or vaunted places did you tread as a child?

I am a child of thr creed. I have witnessed many times in my youth and in my adult life, a greatness and glory of the Imperial cult.

5. The lure of the void: It is a continuing, strange miracle of human nature that from the downtrodden, planet-bound masses arise adventurous, ambitious, and  sometimes  twisted or  rebellious  souls  who seek more, or have it thrust upon them by uncaring fate. It is these men and women who through endeavor, fortune, or the turning of great events strike off from their home world and set foot on a greater stage. What brought you to this stage?

As a 4th child of my father, I was supposed to join the rank of Ecclesiarchy. My half-brothers where sent to serve in Guard, Navy and Administratum.

6. Trials and travails: Individuals such as yourself are not simply the product of their background and training, but also of those experiences they have endured, experiences that have forged them into what they are where others around them were broken and destroyed. What tried to break you that you overcame? What has truly challenged you?

During one of many void voyages that I took, we looked into the warp for a path, and the warp stared back. Madness and inconceivable things stalked the deck of the ship. If once I regarded the tales of the warp as only tales, now I know better. But I came out stronger from that experience.

7. Motivation: Whether motivated by burning ambition, greed, or vengeance, there is always a compelling reason that someone leaves his home world behind and ventures forth into the unknown. What drives you? What pushes you forward through every day?

Some say that pride is a flaw, but only small minds think like that. I will not let anyone besmirch my honor or that of my family.

8. How you came to walk: What led to the path you now walk? What compelled you to the skillset that now brings you glory?

A family necessity. I had no say in the decision, but I grew into my role.

9. The even more specific path: For each career, there are a number of paths they may cross. What organisations or groups have you worked for in the past? (A few examples in the table; though if you think of any I havent mentionned, do not hesitate to put it in your sheet)

In my youth I have been tutored to become a missionary. With familiy priorities changed, I worked mostly for myself and family. I have close ties with local Arbitres, Administratum and Ecclesiarchy.

10. Religious leanings: The imperium is a place of strict religious order. Most are raised from birth to worship the emperor; though some such as the astartes honor him as a great man. How religious are you? Are you part of any specific cults? Are you more puritanical in your worship, or do you hold more peculiar beliefs? Do you see the emperor as a deity of a person of great honor?

I am a pious man. It is partially because of my upbringing, but many times in my career I have witnessed horrors and miracles that would make no sense if not for my faith. God-Emperor is our God, our shield and protector.

11. What is your greatest strength and weakness? Strengths are what others see as respectable or admirable in your, while weaknesses are what you would struggle to hide from others, lest they look down upon your failures. What do you regard as his strengths and weaknesses, and how does this differ from your actual abilities?

12. How would others describe your appearance?

13. Who is the person your character trusts the most in the world? We all have friends and allies. How did you meet them? What position do they have in society?

My younger sister. Like myself, she is noble of Imperium. With my involvement in things concerning larger Filianatis family, she is left in charge of everything we have built to improve political and financial standing of my fathers house.

14. What do you think of the political games that infest imperial noble families?

Political games are necessity through which we achive our goals. Like everything in life, they are sweet when they go your way, but bitter when they go the way of your rivals.

15. Are you married? Do you have any children, and if so, how many? If from a high class, are you betrothed?

I was shortly married in my youth, but my wife died in unusual circumstances. I suspected for a long time that her death was not a accident. I couldn't prove it.
Since then, I didn't give marriage more then a passing thought. There is still time, Imperial technology can do wonders. It is not a priority for me at this time.

16. Are you more loyal to yourself, your allies, or to the imperium? Many people are quite selfish, putting their own needs and desires before everyone elses. Some have strong loyalty to their allies, and those who are part of the same organisations as them, or even to the gods they follow. Many are loyal to the “ideal” of the imperium as a beacon of civilization that must be kept lit . Only the loyal are trusted, so who have you given this loyalty?

I am loyal first to my family and myself. In theory, I value ideals of Imperium first, but a cruel truth is that sometimes those ideals have to be bended for Imperium to continue prospering. I respect my allies, but I would put my hand in fire for them.

17. How would your parents and family describe you? Do you have a proper relationship with your parents or are you estranged? Was your upbringing a source of joy or dismay for your parents? Are they still alive, or were they taken from you at a younger age?

My adolescent years where quite turbulent. My father wished I continue my ecclesiarchy education, but my mother wouldn't hear it when she sensed there is a possibility for us to strengthen our ties to the Filianatis bloodline. She knew priests are of little value to intrepid rouge traders. Father never forgave her that, and I think he never looked me the same afterwards either. Emperor guards his soul now, and it is not proper to speak ill of the dead, but I suspect that he poured poison in ears of my half-brothers in his last years. My relations with my two remaining half-brothers are strained to say at best. I have used my connections to keep them from returing to our estate for years, but with my departure to serve the Patriarch Parvus, I fear they could return to claim their heritage.
My mother is gravely ill and bedridden, on brink of death. Only my timely donations to the Mechanicus has kept her alive this long.

18. How do interact with your social/hierarchical superiors? How about your inferiors? Cultural expections vary wildly. Most in the imperium tend to be deferential to their superiors. Those of power can vary wildly however, with many respecting only the competent and treating the others with disdain. Treatment of inferiors (who can do little to oppose you) varies quite a lot depending on your personality. How do you treat your inferiors & superiors?

Man crave for structure. To break the order of things would invite disaster. There are a few that I consider my superiors, and I mostly defer to them. My inferiors I treat according to their value to me and my family. There are certainly some that do not deserve my attention. Others
should and are rewarded (or punished) according to their work.

19. Who opposes you most? Who is your greatest foe? As power comes to you, so come those who wish you harm.

Local noble and mechant families on my homeworld (havent yet worked out the homeworld) where my primary adversaries, as well as merchants familes of the sub-sector. I fear that my half-brothers could ally with my enemies and try to make their move. Me not being on homeworld will hardly help in preventing them, and I doubt my absence will make them forget about me.

20. What does your character think of the power of the warp? Despite the critical need of Navigators & Astropaths to keep the imperium running, most react to these powers with fear and disdain. Some of the more educated (and possibly heretical) sees it as the only way to keep the imperium safe. Most simply avoid them, unsure about their ability to properly cope.

There is only one being that can be use the warp. God-Emperor. Sanctioned psykers I respect, but keep a distance. Rouge psykers and xeno sorcerers should be exterminated. I have seen first hand what warp can do in real space, and I still have nightmares about it.

21. What does your character think of xenos? As one who goes beyond the borders of the imperium, you will be faced with xenos. A great many believe that death is the only just fate for the alien. Others wish to steal their secrets & power, practicing the cold trade. Some believe an equilibrium can be reached, avoiding conflict with those willing to do so, and crushing those who are a clear and present danger.

Ah the xenos. God-Emperor proclaimed that this galaxy and everything in it is for Humanities taking. I belive so are the xenos. There are for us no different then a grox or a iron ore. A resource to be exploited. But, a most dangerous one. Sometimes it is prudent to shoot first and try to profit later.

22. What does your character think of heretics? Heretics have haunted the imperium since the fall of Horus. Some say they may yet be redeemed; but most believe that cleansing fire is too good for them.

There is hardly anything more worthy of contempt then heretic. Imperium and Mankind have endured for more then 10000 year inspite of those excuses for a human. They can only be redeemed in death.

23. How does your character react to archeotech? In the halo zone, far from the chaos of the eye of terror, many of humanity’s greatest technological works lie. Some of those are so far beyond mortal knowledge that they seem like magic. When faced with such wonders, what guides you: fear, fascination… or something darker?

I am fascinated by archeotech. It is a direct link to our flawed ancestors. While they had pethora of faults, I must admit that in a some areas of technological advancement we still are behind them. So, archeotech should be examined and put to a use.

24. Do you believe the patriarch and his belief in a curse? While Parvus is convinced that the family is cursed, it is easy to understand how some may believe him mad. Yet doom has consistently followed the Filianatis dynasty for the last two centuries. Do you believe it mere coincidence? Conspiracy? Or is something greater haunting the bloodline?

I belive that Filianatis dynasty has had a rough couple of centuries. It certainly isn't solely product of some curse, for if I have learned anything in my life, is that other people will gather like vultures when they sense weakness. I can only hope there is something darker that haunts the bloodline. I consider myself lucky because it gave me opportunity I probably wouldn't have otherwise.

25. A train races down a track, with a fork coming up. On one side, a Xenos; on the other, a Heretic. In front of you lies a lever that will direct the train to one or the other, and you are too distant to alter the situation to kill both. Which do you kill?

Without thinking I kill the Heretic. I will hunt down alien later for sport.

20 more questions that can expand your character. These are optional, but they can help in expanding your character.

26. The light of civilization: what does your character think of the imperium’s policies? The imperium has a long history of civilizing primitive tribes, and seeing it as their responsibility to bring law to all humanity. Do you think this is good? Are you a person who supports this goal? Opposes it? Are you a zealot supporting the emperor’s power?

Not only is it good, for Gerold it is a duty as human, to bring all of his wayward brother humans in Emperors embrace.

27. Do you have any prejudices? Everyone has some prejudices. Scholars look down on the ignorant, the rich look down on the poor, the righteous looks down on the heretic, and the hardworking humble folk look down on the lazy wealthy. What prejudices have you inherited from your background? What prejudices have come from your life experience?

28. Do you have any recurring mannerisms? Many have odd tics, strange habits and preferences. Some only eat plants, some wear almost no clothing, some run everywhere. What are your habits?

29. Who has taught you or tutored you? Do you have a mentor or teacher?

30. How does your character consider the power of the warp? Despite the critical need of Navigators & Astropaths to keep the imperium running, most react to these powers with fear and disdain. Some of the more educated (and possibly heretical) sees it as the only way to keep the imperium safe.

Gerold knows warp is critical to Imperium, but still fears it. He trie to avoid any meddling with it, and keep the contact on minimum.

31. How educated are you? Few people are highly educated in the imperium. But due to your power, you may have had the chance. Have you sought to learn? Is your learning more intuitive and experience-based, or have you learned from the past experience of others?

32. What is your character’s secret, and what will happen if it is discovered?

33. What does your character do to relax?

34. If you were given a single throne, how would they spend it?

35. What are the names of your parents and siblings, and what do they do?

36. What is your most sacred possession?

37. Who is your characters closest friend?

38. What does your character love, fear, hate?

39. Who is your character’s ideal mate?

40. What advice would you give your character?

41. Who would be your ultimate enemy?

42. How do you feel about plants & nature?

43. What is your most treasured possession?

44. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

45. What would you do to kill time?

Last edited by blackadder on Sun May 12, 2019 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal   Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal EmptySat May 11, 2019 7:12 am

Ok, still missing some questions & mechanical details. They have been updated on the character creation thread.
Back to top Go down
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal   Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal EmptySat May 11, 2019 12:07 pm

I know, and I am sorry. I am kind of short of time, but I hope to update it tommorrow.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal   Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal EmptyMon May 13, 2019 4:53 pm

Ok, so all that's left is:
-SPending XP
-Selecting your +0 acquisition modifier item
-Appearance description (or portrait)
Back to top Go down
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal   Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal EmptyMon May 13, 2019 10:52 pm

I'll do it later today. (in the evening)
Back to top Go down
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal   Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal EmptyMon May 13, 2019 11:49 pm

Free items:

Good Targeting Monocle (telescopic sight linked to hellgun) - Into the storm pg. 133
Common Swordstick Cane - Usable only as walking stick, dont have the talent to wield the sword
Back to top Go down
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal   Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal EmptyFri May 17, 2019 11:44 pm

Ill answer other questions in time
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal   Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal EmptySat May 18, 2019 12:48 pm

Ok, so something is wrong with your stats. You rolled a 45 and none of your stats are equal or above that. Please add the stat mods, talent & skills associated with your origin path

Dont forget to include your special pistol on your item list.
Back to top Go down
blackadder

blackadder

PostSubject: Re: Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal   Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal EmptySat May 18, 2019 1:40 pm

I had the modifications but I took them down so that they dont clutter my chgaracter sheet. I'll write them back tommorow. (WS is -3 because of child of the creed, so 45 - 3 = 42)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal   Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal Empty

Back to top Go down

Gerold Filianatis - Seneschal
Page 1 of 1