A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
callume26

Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer Empty
PostSubject: Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer   Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer EmptyWed May 11, 2022 12:12 pm

Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer 8a508b79174d6650ed5e7cf16b734d5b9ba8d1af

Name: Caervan
Sex: Male
Homeworld: Craftworld Radaigea
Paths of Ages Past: Path of the Warrior (one combat test reroll per session), Path of the Seer (one reroll of test pertaining to psychic abilities or the Warp)
Lure of the Void: Freedom
Trials and Travails: Greenskin Assault
Motivation: Chasing Phantoms
Career: Eldar Outcast
Goals:
- Return to my roots as an Aspect Warrior (short term)
- Discover the lost Aspect Shrine (mid/long term)
- Aid any Eldar that may be encountered, especially if they hail from Radaigea (mid term?)

Base Characteristics:
Weapon Skill: 48
Ballistic Skill: 54
Strength: 27
Toughness: 32
Agility: 49
Intelligence: 33
Perception: 46
Willpower: 46
Fellowship: 32

Wounds: 10/10
Fate: 1/2

Skills (known skills in bold):
Acrobatics (Ag)
Athletics (S)
Awareness (Per) (+20)
Charm (Fel)
Command (Fel)
Commerce (Int)
Common Lore (Int)
- Eldar (+10)
Deceive (Fel)
Dodge (Ag) (+10)
Forbidden Lore (Int)
- Xenos
Inquiry (Fel)
Interrogation (WP)
Intimidate (S)
Invocation (WP) +10
Linguistics (Int)
- Eldar
- Low Gothic
Logic (Int)
Medicae (Int)
Navigate (Int)
Operate (Ag)
- Pilot (Personal)
Parry (WS)
Psyniscience (Per)
Scholastic Lore (Int)
Scrutiny (Per)
Security (Int)
Sleight of Hand (Ag)
Stealth (Ag)
Survival (Per)
Tech-Use (Int)
Trade (Int)

Talents:
Catfall
Dark Soul
Deadeye Shot
Eldar Talents
- Travelling the Paths
- Traversing the Paths
Exotic Weapon Training
- Avenger Shuriken Catapult
- Eldar Powersword
Heightened Senses (Sight, Sound)
Jaded
Leap Up
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Melee Weapon Training (Universal)
Mighty Shot
Nerves of Steel
Outcast Weapon Training
Quick Draw
Rapid Reaction
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Fear)
Resistance (Psychic Techniques)
Sprint
Sure Strike

Traits:
Non-Imperial
Speak Not Unto the Alien
Unnatural Agility (x2)
Gaze of Slaanesh: Eldar gain Insanity and Corruption as other PCs do, but may also draw the eyes of the Chaos Gods themselves if sufficiently insane/corrupted.

Gear:
Shuriken Pistol (30m; S/3/5; 1d10+2 R, Pen 4; Clip: 40; Rld: 2 Full; Reliable)
Shuriken Catapult (60m; S/3/10; 1d10+4 R, Pen 6; Clip: 100; Rld: 2 Full; Reliable)
Best Craftsmanship Mono-Sword (Melee; 1d10+4 R, Pen 2; Balanced, +10 WS)
Eldar Void Armor (AP 4, Weight 12, counts as sealed environment w/ long-range vox and auspex, grants Dark Sight, Flyer (12) in zero-G w/ +10 to Pilot (Personal) tests to use it)
Empty Spirit Stone (see relevant document for rules on losing it)

XP (Spent/Earned): 9550/10000

Backstory:
A perceptive yet somewhat disillusioned Eldar from the martial Craftworld of Radaigea, Caervan grew up following in his footsteps of his forebears, walking the Path of the Warrior at a young age (relatively speaking, given how long an Eldar can live). Spending time as both a stalwart Dire Avenger and a mysterious Tempest Walker, Caervan came to believe that his destiny--or at least a part of it--lay offworld. When he started receiving visions pertaining to a secluded Aspect Shrine in uncharted space, Caervan took up the mantle of Outcast and left the relative safety of his home, betting everything on chasing what was, at best, a premonition. Two hundred years in, and he has not come much closer to finding that which he seeks, however rumours from assorted spacers and other individuals have given credence to his vision, granting him the resolve to carry on searching.
However, there is a great risk that comes with being an Outcast. Being alone for so long, and without the aid of the Paths of the Eldar to guide one's life, one is at greater risk of succumbing to the Great Enemy than they would be if they were walking a Path on their Craftworld. Although Caervan has observed no signs of deterioration as of yet, he privately fears that the time may come when his descent into madness begins. Thus, he must make haste to find his mysterious shrine as soon as possible.

Answers to RP Questions:

Last edited by callume26 on Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:47 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer   Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer EmptySat May 14, 2022 3:52 pm

Things seem to be OK. I'll need to come up with some aptitudes appropriate for you (aptitudes are for off-table advancements).

I propose the following:
Homeworld (Warrior focused craftworld): Weapon Skill
Birthright (Ex-aspect warrior): Offense
Motivation (CHasing phantoms): Knowledge
Carreer: Agility, Perception, Finesse, Fieldcraft
Back to top Go down
callume26

PostSubject: Re: Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer   Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer EmptySun May 15, 2022 11:00 am

Off-table advancements as in I can purchase them for set costs down the line, or I gain advances in them right now? Apologies for my confusion, I have never delved into Rogue Trader before this campaign.
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer   Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer EmptySun May 15, 2022 3:29 pm

callume26 wrote:
Off-table advancements as in I can purchase them for set costs down the line, or I gain advances in them right now? Apologies for my confusion, I have never delved into Rogue Trader before this campaign.

This is a houserule. To be able to gain skills/talents that are "Off-table" (IE, not on your normal advancement tables), you can determine their cost using the only war "aptitude" system.
Back to top Go down
callume26

PostSubject: Re: Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer   Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer EmptyMon May 16, 2022 1:04 pm

Ah okay. In that case, I accept your proposition for Caervan's aptitudes!
Back to top Go down
callume26

PostSubject: Re: Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer   Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 12:52 am

Advancements:

Weapon Skill Advancement (x2): 350
Ballistic Skill Advancement (x2): 350
Agility Advancement (x2): 350
Perception Advancement: 250
Willpower Advancement: 250
Pilot (Personal): 200
Quick Draw: 200
Resistance (Fear): 200
Resistance (Psychic Techniques): 200
Awareness +10: 100
Common Lore (Eldar) +10: 200
Deadeye Shot: 200
Rapid Reaction: 200
Sure Strike: 200
Exotic Weapon Training (Any Eldar): 300 (Avenger Shuriken Catapult)
Awareness +20: 200
Dodge +10: 200
Rapid Reload: 200
Exotic Weapon Training (Any Eldar): 300 (Eldar Powersword)
Eldar Talent (x2): 500 (Travelling the Paths and Traversing the Paths)
Mighty Shot: 500
Back to top Go down
Wendigo Bob

Wendigo Bob

PostSubject: Re: Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer   Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 2:11 pm

Only thing I'm missing is the additional path chosen with "Traversing the Paths". I'm assuming Travelling the Paths is for warrior.

(Otherwise, the buys seem good)
Back to top Go down
callume26

PostSubject: Re: Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer   Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 2:15 pm

I must've read wrong, and poorly assumed that Travelling the Paths works for any and all Paths you choose. Yes, it is for the Path of the Warrior. If I'm filling the hole left by the arch-militant, I've got to be at least semi-decent at combat, eh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer   Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer Empty

Back to top Go down

Caervan, the Eldar Wanderer
Page 1 of 1