A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

8th and 9th edition stuff for Deathwatch?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gurkhal
Senpai

8th and 9th edition stuff for Deathwatch? Empty
PostSubject: 8th and 9th edition stuff for Deathwatch?   8th and 9th edition stuff for Deathwatch? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 7:30 pm

I'm not sure where to post this but here goes.

Given that there's been alot of new stuff like Primaris Marines, new armour, squad types, weapons and so on in the latest editions of the table top, has anyone done some work to translate this stuff into new gear, specialities, talents etc. for the Deathwatch RPG?

It seems like a great waste if the oppertunity to expand on Deathwatch would be missed.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: 8th and 9th edition stuff for Deathwatch?   8th and 9th edition stuff for Deathwatch? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 11:51 am

I think I internally hate the idea that Astartes keep getting so many new updates that the idea of doing any conversions just fills me with bitterness. Maybe one day I won't feel like this. Maybe. Haha

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: 8th and 9th edition stuff for Deathwatch?   8th and 9th edition stuff for Deathwatch? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 4:31 pm

The opening of the Great Rift and all that hasn't happened in the Deathwatch game Heath is running as far as I'm aware. I'm also not a big fan of the whole primaris thing as far as lore goes.

But perhaps you could start the ball rolling... what would the starting stats of a primaris marine be compared to a 'mini' marine?
Back to top Go down
Gurkhal
Senpai

PostSubject: Re: 8th and 9th edition stuff for Deathwatch?   8th and 9th edition stuff for Deathwatch? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 8:14 pm

I would think that Primaris Marines might get, without double checking with the codex or something, 2d10+40 in all Characteristics and +1 to their Unnatural Strength and Toughness for bonuses (meaning that Unnatural Strength (x2) with SB 5 would give them 11 in Unnatural Strength)?

But in exchange I wouldn't let them start with modes beyond the codex ones. Chapter modes, squad and solo, will be unavailable while at the same time they get x2 ammount of Insanity Points from various experiences?

But in all honestly I am more interested in the new gear, armour types and specialities than in the Primaris Marines. So I wouldn't mind making a fanon out of this and say that Roboute reforms the Astartes with new gear and stuff but without any Primaris Marines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8th and 9th edition stuff for Deathwatch?   8th and 9th edition stuff for Deathwatch? Empty

Back to top Go down

8th and 9th edition stuff for Deathwatch?
Page 1 of 1