A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

+++ Helping Out During COVID-19 - Post From Bobarctor (Please Read) +++

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

+++ Helping Out During COVID-19 - Post From Bobarctor (Please Read) +++ Empty
PostSubject: +++ Helping Out During COVID-19 - Post From Bobarctor (Please Read) +++   +++ Helping Out During COVID-19 - Post From Bobarctor (Please Read) +++ EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 8:44 pm

Hi all,

I was dropping off some food for some folks in need this weekend and it made me wonder if there was anything our community could do to help others right now.

As I'm sure you are all aware, beyond the disease itself, a lot of people are really hurting here in the United States because they've recently lost their job, can't afford rent or food, etc. etc...and I can imagine the same thing is going on in a lot of other countries.

Meanwhile, we've got people stranded inside, especially elderly and immunocompromised folks who may be too afraid to go to the pharmacy or grocery store.

If you're like me and young, healthy, and/or gainfully employed, I'd urge you to consider lending a hand.

As an extra added incentive, I've actually started offering bonus XP to the players in my game for anything they do for others amid the crisis.

If you're a GM on the site, I'd highly encourage you to do the same. I know it's silly, but in my eyes, anything we can do to get people to pitch in is a good thing.

Some ways you can help others in your community:

- Check in on neighbors to see if they need anything
- Offer to run errands, get groceries, pick up prescriptions, etc. for older folks and immunocompromised people
- Donate food to a local food bank
- Donate blood (hospitals are having a big shortage)
- Write letters to people stuck in isolation (being isolated for weeks on end while fearing for your life is no joke for mental health...letters can make a big difference)
- Volunteer to help out at a food bank or similar community organization
- Send money to people in need (I personally am not a fan of most non-profits and prefer to give money directly to people in need, but if you'd like to donate to a non-profit I support that)

At risk of being too political, we can't really count on our government to save anyone. It's on us to care for our neighbors and the people who are hurting in our community. We will get through this together!

P.S. If you have other ideas on how to help out, I would love to hear them in the comments. All ears for any other comments or questions as well.

+++++++

The only thing I added to this list was community cleanup. If not interacting with others right now is more your speed for whatever reason, surely you can help clean up your immediate environment. I always find myself cleaning up on my daily walks around the neighborhood; this could also be being sure to recycle, start composting organic waste, or if you're hella extra you could plant a tree. Regardless, there is something we can be doing to better ourselves and our community. That should be rewarded.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com

+++ Helping Out During COVID-19 - Post From Bobarctor (Please Read) +++
Page 1 of 1