A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alpha Legion Project

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

Alpha Legion Project Empty
PostSubject: Alpha Legion Project   Alpha Legion Project EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 1:28 am

As many of you know, Im doing a lot of miniature stuff right now. Im about to finish a large bunch of necrons and move on to whatever is next. I may possibly be painting some Tau soon as a commission, but unless that goes through, will be left to work on my own stuff. Im thinking about returning to my Alpha legion project.

Im not a CSM player, so why? Because Archimedes is a fucking beast.

I was able to get a prospero burns box from lgs, I picked up some 3d printed autocannons, and an extra squad of mk3. So what I have currently is:
20 mk 3 with bolters
4 mk 3 with plasma + sgt with combiplasma
3x 4 havok squads with autocannons + sgt with bolter/chainsword.
1 30k ahriman (to convert to a jump pack sorcerer)
5 lharnean terminators on way from poland or something

My goal here is to make an army that has NO mutation crap (which keeps me away from CSM as a whole), and is usable as a 30k and 40k army.

Some of my current ideas are to convert some contemptor dreadnaughts to have massive chainflail (as a scourge) and twin lascannons.
I also need to convert some sorcerers and chaos lords/praetors.

I plan on adding a land raider, gw kit, with some 3d print conversion parts to make it a proteus.

I would like to get some 40k centurions and use them as obliterators

I want lots of cultists, but dont want to use the cultist kits, any ideas?

So can anyone who has any inkling of how chaos works in 40k or 30k provide some ideas for list building or conversion ideas? I dont plan on buying stupid expensive FW stuff unless it presents itself for a decent price.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Legion Project   Alpha Legion Project EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 1:45 am

I can help a bit here. I've the 40K 8th ed books for CSMs, looked at build my own army and also played against them a number of times.

Are you aiming for 1000pts to start?

I'd recommend using some cultists. They are great at flooding the table which CSM and SM armies struggle with as they have a low model count. Cultists are a great 'tar pit' due to their numbers. They have a very interesting strategum that allows them to redeploy alongside going back to full unit strength.

Maulerfiends are real beasts, use with an undivided chaos sorcerer with warp time power.

Deamon Princes are mighty.

If in the main you want to stick with what you have you may struggle against quite a few different lists.

Out of all the above I say getting some cheap cultists is most important. 2 units of 20 or one big 30 man unit.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Legion Project   Alpha Legion Project EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 1:50 am

Also there are lots of new and interesting options in this book 'Imperium Nihilus: Vigilus Ablaze'
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Legion Project   Alpha Legion Project EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 1:53 am

It seems I didn't read all of you post.

Imperial guard make good cultists as do some necromunda minis. I've an idea to use some Goliaths for khorne cultists. Using suitable fantasy miniatures also can work, especially if you have some lasguns or whatever to stick onto their backs.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Legion Project   Alpha Legion Project EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 11:41 pm

I have considered using some cawdor minis in place of cultisit, I havent even considered fantasy minis. Awesome Idea.

Ive looked into the fiend unit with the ranged weapons, I think Im still leaning towards hellbrutes instead since they still benefit from the legions excellent TT trait.

Instead of chaos demon princes, I was thinking of AOS celestant prime, he's angelic looking, and big enough, but he's expensive and maybe even too big.

Local meta is 2k.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Legion Project   Alpha Legion Project Empty

Back to top Go down

Alpha Legion Project
Page 1 of 1