A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Emperor's Bastards - Recruitment [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

The Emperor's Bastards - Recruitment [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: The Emperor's Bastards - Recruitment [CLOSED]   The Emperor's Bastards - Recruitment [CLOSED] EmptySat May 05, 2018 1:09 pm

As of right now, the longest running game on the site (I think?) could use another player. Currently, I am GM NPCing two characters because real-life has prevented their really awesome players from continuing. They are both on an indefinite hiatus. At our absolute maximum, I would only allow for 10 PCs. Right now, we are running 7.

Now, the game has switched from an Only War setting, to a Rogue Trader setting. As such, I have given incentive to my players not to make comrades when building new PCs simply because it is getting to the point of having too many characters at play at any given time. On that same vein, I would allow newcomers to make PCs using the Dark Heresy 2 template instead of creating another Bastard using the OW rules. Granted, that would only be after careful screening and approval by me.

Right now, the team is lacking a dedicated leader/face and healer. They are quite a combat heavy bunch, and I think that is going to start kicking them in the ass more than anticipated from here on out.

Cheers.

EDIT: In addition to Face/Social Interaction Person and Dedicated Healer, the group is also lacking a Dedicated Security/Interrogative type.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer

Last edited by Iron and Metal on Tue May 29, 2018 1:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: The Emperor's Bastards - Recruitment [CLOSED]   The Emperor's Bastards - Recruitment [CLOSED] EmptySat May 05, 2018 1:40 pm

Pick me!
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: The Emperor's Bastards - Recruitment [CLOSED]   The Emperor's Bastards - Recruitment [CLOSED] EmptySat May 05, 2018 1:45 pm

I should add if some of our newer players want in I'll step aside.

Jeff, are you after more than 1 player?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: The Emperor's Bastards - Recruitment [CLOSED]   The Emperor's Bastards - Recruitment [CLOSED] EmptySat May 05, 2018 2:07 pm

Ideally, no, but in the event one of our newcomers wants to join as well, and since it is you and you are a stellar RPer and consistent poster, that wouldn't bother me.

Right now is an opportune time to add in a PC build from DH2 since the players are on a space station - Port Wander.

I should also add that having a new "face/leader" of the group will be particularly difficult as well if they aren't from the same unit. Azza's PC "Artur" is the corporal currently in charge of the squad. So, if anyone was going for a "Face" type PC, then it would need to be one made more for social interaction and much less for calling the shots in a group that's mostly tight-knit soldiers.

What kind of PC did you have in mind, Dave?

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Emperor's Bastards - Recruitment [CLOSED]   The Emperor's Bastards - Recruitment [CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Emperor's Bastards - Recruitment [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1