A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Solodice

Solodice

Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 3:28 pm

Archimedes pops open the hatch of the Baneblade and squeezes his armored frame in.

Inside he finds the main gunners seat. Archimedes tries everything to boot the systems up but nothing is responding.

The machine-spirit of this great war machine might be in a deep slumber or it's actively trying to keep Archimedes from using it. Looking around the Alpha Legionnaire can see the tank is still packing a battle load. Multiple shells, bolts rounds, you name it.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Without any other way, he would have to manually load the shells into the breach and set them off with whatever he had available - most likely his demo kit.

He gets to work, knowing that this task might be physically intensive, and possibly even dangerous.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 7:14 pm

[No rolls. He just needs time to do it right and there's no one here to rush him. Also, it's a good reminder that Archimedes goal is to destroy all the vault's content. This orb book might be the most pressing but the other books around could hold some serious power to them as well. If he rigs up the whole Baneblade the detonation and secondary explosions would have a high chance of destroying the vault. Doing all that would just require using all of the demo kit.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 7:32 pm

As Archimedes lifts the shells into place, he decides to leave a trail of shells with the blasting caps open for maximum effect. With the right kind of luck, he would trigger a chain reaction down to the ammo stocks and destroy the entire place in the process.

This would take time, and luckily, he had plenty of that.

ONce he had hoisted all the baneblade shells into place and removed all the protective covers off the blasting caps, he was ready.

He set his demo kit in the breach between the first round loaded in the breech, and the second round which would set off the chain reaction.

He sets the timer for 10 minutes, more than enough time to get out, and exits the tank. In a full-tilt run to the portal he had entered through.

He had seen what kind of mess the super heavy class tanks would make when the ammo stores went. He didnt want to be in the same dimension when that happened.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Archimedes bolts through the portal and comes running out the other end back into the room with the ground party.

Karl looks at him surprised as does Sarge.

"What, nothing good over there?" Karl asks.

"From his hurried exit I think the other side might not of been the vault." Sarge says looking at the Psyker brain.

"I can insure you that was the vault. Ry'Kleth has not trapped it from my knowledge." The brain says.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 10:53 pm

"The vault is dangerous. Some power just isnt worth the price, is it?" he says, eyeing the jar.

He turns his attention to everyone else, "I have set off ammunition stores on the other side. There will be nothing left, and the area will be amicable to life"

He looks around, making sure everyone he left was present and accounted for.

Next, he cradles the psyker brain under his arm, and kicks the pedestal underneath, destroying the only gateway there.

"Whatever shall we do now?" he asks the rest.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 6:39 pm

Karl seems disappointed at the lack of loot but he's not one to argue with an Astartes. Sarge nods her head in agreement with Archimedes. Wyk is as quiet as ever.

"Power can unlock many doors. It can also unlock your death." The psyker brain says to no one in particular.

[1700 XP and +15 Corruption for completing the Vault Hunter goal. Knowing there are other vaults you can keep the goal or replace it with another if you want.]

"Returning to the Holy Curse sounds like a good idea." Sarge says as she starts to leave the room.

Everyone else seemed to be in agreement.

++++

Back at Moment's Rest Archimedes is left with a choose. His new partner in crime, Cashmere, can get them off this rock and back to Ghibilline without the need of the Holy Curse. That or he rejoins with the Holy Curse and sees what he can further get out of that crew.

As he thinks on his options the psyker brain talks to him, "Astartes, you have given me my freedom. You are not required to carry me around for all eternity nor would I demand it. I will happily take my chances with the crew of the Holy Curse. Just don't leave me with Khorne worshiping Talax."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 11:03 pm

So you worship the god of change do you? Maybe it was by his designs that I arrived to pluck you from this place. Unless you want me to abandon your pickled brain in a jungle I will keep you with me. I hope we can both find this agreement mutually beneficial for the time being?

Archimedes returns to the Holy Curse, but he stops in the settlement along the way.

Cashemere had been awaiting anxiously for his return, her perplexed look at the jellied brain brought a grin to Archimedes, though it was concealed well under his helmet.

"I plan to run with the Holy Curse, Ryborn's last known assassin has been eliminated. I would, however, feel better if we cause a full scale revolt and killed him in the process. The governing body of Ghibilline have drawn my ire. I would feel better if we left another band in charge?"
He knew she would follow him. He had "saved her life instead of killing her"
She was loyal and would follow him anywhere.....

Back on the Holy Curse:

He enters the bridge, with the jar and Cashmere behind him. Drawing both glances of puzzlement and acknowledgement.

He approaches the spymaster, the one who tasked him with Levatine's effect on the captain.
"Your problem has been solved." he says lowly.
"I do regret that the captain's loyalties were with your sorcerer and not his crew. So who will captain the ship now? What is our heading and our mission?"
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 4:15 pm

"Khorne has no love for any psyker no matter their following." The brain says before pausing and thinking over its predicament, "It can be mutually beneficial if you find me a body of some kind. An Astartes with one hand behind his back is still strong but his hand is still bound. Also, you may call me Orozco."

"Large scale on revolt on Ghibilline will require vast resources and time. The ruling elite have successfully insulated themselves where war would be more viable than a revolt. If we scale down our scope though to just eliminating Ryborn it can be done. I suggest we tap a third party though to keep the ire of the Libertine Council from us." Cashmere says in guidance to Archimedes as they begin their journey back to the Holy Curse.

++++

Upon entering the bridge Archimedes meets a new cast he wasn't privy to when he was aboard for the trip.

A heretical navigator known as Abel, the master of the ship Redbeard, and the heretek Keltec. They stand with Iontine the spymaster.

Iontine looks to Sarge who made her way with Archimedes to the bridge, "Is what the Astartes says true?"

"It is. Frederick couldn't see the light and thought us to be traitors when Levantine was dispatched." Sarge responds.

"Unfortunate." Abel says.

"Good riddance is what I say. He already turned his back on this council for Levantine. That Astartes was poison." Redbeard says.

"It's of no matter now. We are captain-less as the Alpha Legionnaire points out. We are drifting through the void rudderless." Keltec says in turn.

Iontine holds his hands out for silence, "The death has of Frederick has left us in a predicament. Those that have laid him low haven't stepped forth to wrestle claim of the Holy Curse. It up to those  on this ship to come and forth and issue a challenge of captaining it."

Redbeard steps forth as does Keltec. A lowly midshipman is about to step forth until Redbeard stares him down and he retreats back to his station. However, the rumors are now starting to move through the Holy Curse that Frederick is dead and now a fight for control of the Holy Curse was about to begin.

"If I've ever seen an easier chance to take a voidship it would be at this moment, Astartes." Orozco says psychically to Archimedes.

Last edited by Solodice on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 12:03 am

Archimedes saw an opportunity and stepped fourth.

"I have no experience in ship-based tactics. But I am well knowledged, ancient by your standards. I walked the stars when your ancestors lived in huts. If you would have me not as a captain, but as a member of this council for now, I will lead if you ask me. Keltec, Redbeard, I do not know you or your methods, but to avoid the ship-men from rioting I think an astartes would be a potent symbol of power?"

He was delicately tactful, as much as he could be, and he looked to Sarge and Iontine for their support

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 10:48 pm

With Archimedes stepping forth Keltec decides this is not a worthwhile endeavor anymore. Redbeard stand his ground and eyes the Alpha Legionnaire.

"You do not know this ship or its men like I do, Astartes. As you say you lack in the knowledge of ship based tactics. I've known those tactics for years. First in my time with the Imperium and now my time as a renegade. You are right though about your presence as well as your vast knowledge."

He looks around the command deck, "For what do you all have to say? Me or this newcomer?"

The junior officers don't make a peep but Sarge breaks the silence, "I agree with you, Redbeard. Legion's place here isn't as captain. His presence in the council though will go a long ways. I've seen him fight and lead. He can be an instrument of destruction."

"And one of espionage," Iontine says, 'For his kind are well versed in its ways. He can make us friends in high places or cause chaos among our enemies."

Keltec shakes his head, "Fools the lot of you. This Astartes... Legion is an unknown. We do not know his allegiances or his ambitions. He's just some traveler from Ghibilline. One that went down with Frederick to Ni'iktu... and Frederick never returned."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 1:07 am

"Remember that." Archimedes says, threateningly.

Things were not going as smoothly as planned, but he was not too concerned.

"I did not want to fight your captain. But Levantine had twisted his mind. And so he died. Mind you what happens to those I do want to kill...."

He calculatingly returned his tone to a less intense demeanour, "It doesn't matter who leads the ship. But our course is clear. The dangers of the vault could not be tamed. This ship would not be here had it been unleashed. Even Nikt'u might not have survived such warp corruption. Ryborn knows what was there, and he coveted it. Now that its out of his reach, he will turn his wrath to us. We must strike first and kill him before he is wise. If we go back to Ghibiline, he will think we are returning with his prize. He will let down his guard and then we can end our pursuers before the pursuit begins. After Ryborn is ended, the ship's freedom will be restored."

He waited to see what they would say to that.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 10:04 pm

[Oh, fear will work on some on the bridge.]

Keltec knows he messed up. Enough to know his best chance of not meeting a swift end meant getting off the bridge. He do so in a quick fashion. It brings a chuckle from Sarge.

Cashmere filled in the details about who and what he was talking about concerning Ryborn and the vault.

Iontine eyes Cashmere, "You are one of the council agents are you not? I've dealt with your kind before."

Cashmere smirks, "I once was... or maybe I still am." She glances at Archimedes and returns her gaze to Iontine, "A double agent. One of Ryborn's trusted agents... and one of Legion's trusted agents."

"So we're caught up in a game of espionage and back stabbing. Wonderful." Redbeard comments.

"We don't have to play the game as Legion says. We can end it even before it begins. We just need to kill Ryborn. Easier said then done though. He is a well respected and known member of the Libertine Council." Cashmere adds.

"Chop the head off the snake and we'll never have to worry about him again." Sarge says.

"I'm in agreement with Sarge and Legion." Iontine says.

"You just point to where you want to go and I'll get us there." Is all Abel has to say.

Redbeard mules over his options... which are slim, "Doesn't seem we have much say in this it seems. Either it's do away with you or Ryborn and I think I'll take my chances more with Ryborn then I would with you." He looks to Abel, "Get us to back to Ghibilline."

"I'll make the preparations." Abel says as he moved towards his upcoming tasks.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2018 8:37 pm

He nods his head to the others and speaks to Cashmere,
"If I am to retain any rapport with Ryborn, Ill need him to think that you are dead and that his pet sorcerer is still alive or met with an accident prematurely. What assistance can you provide?"

He speaks to Iontine, "Keltec is in line with the decision, but Redbeard is reluctant. Is he going to cause us any problems? I also ask if I can have permission to rummage through the late captains collection to find anything that may aid. He had a plasma pistol, but it was too small for me. I left its care with sarge."

Later on, in a more private setting, he speaks to the jar, "What do you think of Redbeard as a new body? If you are residing inside, can you keep the illusion that you are him, at least for a while?"
Before he replies, he has another thought,
"What about Ryborn himself? What exactly will it take to get you to possess a body? I suspect I can get close if Ryborn thinks I have accomplished my task and have his reward. That will be the best oppritunity to kill him."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 10:35 pm

Archimedes wrote:
He nods his head to the others and speaks to Cashmere,
"If I am to retain any rapport with Ryborn, Ill need him to think that you are dead and that his pet sorcerer is still alive or met with an accident prematurely. What assistance can you provide?"

"Take him this." Cashmere says handing Archimedes a coin, "All his agents have one. You bringing it back will signal that I have died. As for further assistance I can do some legwork on Ryborn if you need me to. The man keeps an irregular schedule and is deeply paranoid."

Archimedes wrote:
He speaks to Iontine, "Keltec is in line with the decision, but Redbeard is reluctant. Is he going to cause us any problems? I also ask if I can have permission to rummage through the late captains collection to find anything that may aid. He had a plasma pistol, but it was too small for me. I left its care with sarge."

"Redbeard is reluctant on principal being the master of the ship. For him you are an outsider in his home. If you don't overstay your welcome or show you are a worthy addition to the ship he will not have a problem with you." Iontine says.

Archimedes wrote:
Later on, in a more private setting, he speaks to the jar, "What do you think of Redbeard as a new body? If you are residing inside, can you keep the illusion that you are him, at least for a while?"
Before he replies, he has another thought,
"What about Ryborn himself? What exactly will it take to get you to possess a body? I suspect I can get close if Ryborn thinks I have accomplished my task and have his reward. That will be the best oppritunity to kill him."

The brain jar bubbles a bit, "Your understanding of psyker physiology is lacking, Astartes. This brain is my most powerful weapon. I can not simply jump to a new body and use it like it was my own. I am no demon where possession is achievable. I believe my best chances for a new body will be something artificial." Orozco says psychically to Archimedes.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 2:08 am

Archimedes takes the coin and places his hand on Cashmere's shoulder.
"Ill need your help once we make it. I'd prefer to kill off the entire council and let the world reset itself. Iontine recommends we remove Ryborn only. I can see his wisdom here. The council will catch on too quick and make things too difficult without a full scale uprising. Once Ryborn is dead, we may need to justify our actions. Dig up any dirt or evidence of subversive actions on Ryborn's part. Its important he not get wind of what your doing. If he realizes you're still alive. He will know I didn't kill you and that I have not returned for his benefit."

He nods to Iontine, "A good trait in any officer. He has a penchant for self preservation. It will benefit the ship in the days ahead."
He turns to him and speaks more seriously, "I'm going to need a few items to complete the ruse to get near to Iontine. I'll need a large, old, and unmarked tome. The subject can be whatever, but it must me old and unmarked. I also need an artificer to make a glass orb, and a case to set it in."

He frowns to the jar, "An artificial body? So not even a servitor would suffice?"
He did not understand the psyker's abilities. But if he couldnt possess a body, how could he possess a machine?
"I think something artificial may be hard to come by. But I am willing to find something that works. Is there any chance one of the other vaults will contain something that will help?"
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 10:21 pm

Archimedes wrote:
"Ill need your help once we make it. I'd prefer to kill off the entire council and let the world reset itself. Iontine recommends we remove Ryborn only. I can see his wisdom here. The council will catch on too quick and make things too difficult without a full scale uprising. Once Ryborn is dead, we may need to justify our actions. Dig up any dirt or evidence of subversive actions on Ryborn's part. Its important he not get wind of what your doing. If he realizes you're still alive. He will know I didn't kill you and that I have not returned for his benefit."

"I understand and consider it done." Cashmere says.

Before she departs, "I agree with Iontine. Taking on the entire council is whole other beast compared to Ryborn. I know the Alpha Legion are skilled at making worlds buckle with subterfuge but Ghibilline is a place where I believe a full scale war would be more likely than an uprising."

Archimedes wrote:
"I'm going to need a few items to complete the ruse to get near to Ryborn. I'll need a large, old, and unmarked tome. The subject can be whatever, but it must me old and unmarked. I also need an artificer to make a glass orb, and a case to set it in."

"Hmmm, a rather specific request but I'll see what I have access to." Iontine says.

Archimedes wrote:
"An artificial body? So not even a servitor would suffice?"
He did not understand the psyker's abilities. But if he couldnt possess a body, how could he possess a machine?
"I think something artificial may be hard to come by. But I am willing to find something that works. Is there any chance one of the other vaults will contain something that will help?"

"A servitor? Rather rudimentary. Another vault might contain what I seek but for ease and time something right now would be better. Let me talk to that heretek... Keltec. I think I can work something out with him."

[Can mess around on the ship a little longer or we can jump straight to Ghibilline if you're ready.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 1:15 am

"You would expose yourself to Keltec? I must make sure he is compliant with your wishes."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 9:43 pm

" I don't need a babysitter." Orozco says in protest as Archimedes marches off to find Keltec.

Archimedes finds him near the engine room. A small workshop/quarters he has for himself. It's well kept and maintained. The heretek is going over some schematics when Archimedes arrives.

He does a double take at the Astartes standing in his door way. He gets up from his seat.

"Come for retribution for what I said? I can assure you I will not go quietly, Astartes." Keltec says with some shakiness in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 11:41 pm

Archimedes was silent for a moment, but he was by no means still.

He removes the Jar and places the gelid brain on the counter.
"No retribution is necessary. You only spoke your view, and it wasn't entirely wrong.

He pauses and gives Keltec a second to 'admire' the pickled brain.
"My friend here has a few questions he wants to ask you."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Keltec gets up and close with the jar, "Impressive. A fully sealed environment with life sustaining capabilities." He then pauses looking at Archimedes, "You said friend?"

Orozco clears a throat he doesn't have, "Yes. My question is simple. Can you build me a body? Something to my specifications and needs."

Keltec eyes go wide, "And the brain is still functional. Oh, I would really like to meet the creator of this device."

"Oh, he's very much dead. Ry'Kleth dispatched him after he was done with me on Ni'iktu. Now about this body." Orozco says slightly irritated.

"Right. Something fully custom will take time. I'll need a chassis to start with. Rumors have it some type of robot stalks the scum decks of this ship. Some long forgotten thing. It would be a great starting point."

"Sounds like a great job for Legion." Orozco says.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 11:55 pm

"Indeed. Point me to this denizen in the depths and I'll take him down."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 9:30 pm

Keltec points Archimedes in the right direction and the Alpha Legionnaire descends through the void ship. He presses down deck after deck. The change is subtle at first. Fungus, spores, black goo, and other nasty biological matter covered parts of the halls. The deeper he went the worse it got until he knew he was fully on the scum decks. It was like a world by itself that was festered and rotten.

[Give me a Perception -20 roll or a +0 Survival roll.]

Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 am

Spoiler:

Archimedes hated to see the effects of such rampant chaos corruption. He would like nothing better than to have these decks scoured with flame, cleansed of this filth.

Still, as much as the corruption weakened the crew, it was a sign of the dark gods favor. The legion as a whole disliked the signs of corruption, but already Archimedes could feel the dark gods gaze upon him. He pledged himself to no one god, as many in the legion did. Such single mindedness would cause a tunnel vision syndrome. Archimedes liked to keep his options open and his focus on the bigger picture.
Since his return to the ship, he had noticed the aura he exuded on the others. Many cowered away from him. It was nothing new as astartes were used to this treatment, but the fear on their faces had intensified in the days since his return. It was something he would need to be mindful of in the future. Maybe he could use that fear to accomplish his goals?
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 10:04 pm

Archimedes was having a hard time acquiring any kind of tracks in the filth. He sees why when he lifts his boot up. The filth fills in the imprint like it was never there.

So the next best course of action was picking a direction and going that way. That's what he does.

He knew he wouldn't be the only "living" thing down here. He catches the sound and shadow of a figure slowly plodding its way directly in front of him. It wasn't the robot but something else... and now it has stopped. A head like appendage starts to scan its surroundings.

[Can give a +0 Stealth roll or initiate combat and if so roll for initiative.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 11:16 pm

Spoiler:

Archimedes stepped into a darkened spot behind a bulkhead strut. The much might have hinderedhis efforts to track the wandering robot, but it also kept his boots from clanging against the typical iron grating that the ships were built with.

He peers around the edge of the strut, using his camoline cloak to keep him hidden in the shadows.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 9:42 pm

The thing was once upon a time in it's life was a human or at least had a human lineage. At least Archimedes thought so. However, through years of exposure to this deck it was a grotesque mutant. It's head, sitting atop of a detached like neck/spin appendage, spins in a 360 looking around the hall.

Even with his massive size Archimedes finds a space he could squeeze into and us his camoline cloak to break apart his silhouette. It worked as the thing lumbered off.

When it was clear Archimedes stepped back out into the hall. It was at that time he could hear the unmistakable sound of an autocannon being spun up. He braced for impact but the sound of it must of have been echoing through the halls as rounds penetrate something softer then adamantium plate.

Something roared in protest and the autocannon opened up again.

[Awareness -20 roll to pinpoint the combat.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 10:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2019 10:01 pm

Even with the intense reverb Archimedes was able to pinpoint the area of combat. He carefully sneaks his way through the halls tracking roars and gunfire. As he arrives to the area the autocannon rages once more and then falls silent.

Something large and heavy stomps across the deck plate and Archimedes gets a glimpse of it:

Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 01

The robots quarry seemed to be the thing Archimedes saw earlier. It was now just black chunks covering the hall.

Then came the roars from all directions. The robot took up a central position in a t-junction ready to take on the approaching scum. Archimedes was now stuck between the robot and whatever was coming after it.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 12:13 am

Spoiler:

Archimedes wracked his brain but he could find no knowledge of this thing. It was vaguely familiar, but how so? Perhaps he had killed on back during the crusades?

Noise from down the opposite direction drew his attention. Apparently there were other things hunting this robot as well. He had 3 choices, he could a) Help the quarry and kill the scum, possibly registering as friendly on the quarry's scope, or b) help the scum and pick of what remains, or c) stay hidden and see how things progress......

None of those options sounded particularly nice.

With time and options in short supply, he figured helping the clanker was at least worth the risk, he could always withdraw and come back later if need be.

When the scum was in sight, he retreats into the shadows and waits for them to close in.
Spoiler:
As soon as they are close enough for him to attack, he leaps from his alcove and into thier midst. Using the armor to increase the pitch to a roaring boom, he threats:
"Whoever dares to kill my servant will have to deal with me! Stand or flee!"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 8:57 pm

The severe modulation from the vox unit and his mere presence give Archimedes the age old image of an avenging angel or for those that knew better an enraged demon. The scum come to skidding halt. They then scatter like bugs.

[Wasn't a success but Archimedes Fear 1 with his entrance did the trick.]

Behind Archimedes he hears the win of the autocannon spinning up.

"Identify yourself." A coarse and electronic voice says from the robot.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 11:06 pm

He turns to face the automaton, ignoring the scattering of the insects.

"I am Legion, Praetor of the XX legionnaires astartes, Alpha Legion. And you are?"
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 10:44 pm

The autocannon winds down but then it winds back up.

"Scan indicates no Praetor markings or insignia. Armor markings match that of the 20th Legion, Alpha Legion. Occupant is Legionnaires Astartes. Will ask once more. Identify yourself."

Seems the robot was from the time of the Horus Heresy if its data banks could ID and see that Archimedes was of Alpha Legion but wasn't a Praetor.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 12:21 am

Archimedes had to think on his feet and find a way out of this quick.
"Praetor Legion of the xx legion astartes. Markings of insignia have been discouraged, but not banned, for several centuries. How long have you been down here?"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 11:04 pm

The autocannon winds down once again. Seems it has been convinced.

"Unit M14569000B's chronos has stopped functioning. Last recorded date was 37th Millennium. Unit has been operating on this ship for seven millenniums." The robot says to Archimedes.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 1:08 pm

"Its then 41st millennium, or at least on the cusp of it." Archimedes informs the automaton.
"in operation for 7 millennia? Tell me is your historical archives limited to this ship, or do you have an understanding of the galactic turmoil as a whole?"
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 10:16 pm

"Unit has been this ship for seven millennia. Unit has been in operation since the thirtieth millennium. 1 millennia serving the Solar Auxilia before reassignment to the Imperial Navy at the end of the Imperium's Intergalactic Civil War. Historical archives contain information about the Great Crusade, Imperium's Intergalactic Civil War, and thirty second, thirty third, and thirty fourth millenia's before any records cease when the ship entered into a warp storm."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 am

Archimedes saw his chance to twist the truth to suit his needs, though in reality is was but another version of the truth.
"The imperium is crumbling. The forces of the despoiler have returned to take control of the squabbling bureaucrats who have destroyed all the gains of the crusades so long ago. Misguided brethren still serve the fractured power and resist. It is only a matter of time until Abbadon retakes his seat of power and brings order back to the imperium. This vessel itself has long since joined the despoiler's own crusades."

Now all he had to do was see what the machine would do. If it still held to the sentimentality it would fight him and, depending on who won, would resume its endless trek through the bowels of the ship.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 9:05 pm

"Abaddon The Despoiler has been labeled as a traitor. He fled with the rest of them after their failed assault on Terra. You speak as a traitor. Prepare to die."

[Role for initiative!]

Automaton:
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 11:02 pm

Spoiler:

The automaton's weapons spooled up, letting Archimedes know he meant business. He had gambled on his silver tongue and failed. Now he had no choice but to fight.

He knew he was at a disadvantage, he didnt have any heavy weaponry with which to bring this thing down.
No options left, Archimedes raises the ancient bolter and fires, citing a battlecry:
"For the Emperor!"

Spoiler:

He squeezes the trigger, and the gun locks up.

He was in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2019 9:18 pm

The autocannon spins up and sprays a deadly torrent down the hall at Archimedes.

Automaton:

The torrent of rounds hits everything but Archimedes. He has some god to thank today.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 10:46 pm

Archimedes was cursed and blessed in equal measures it seems. He knew better than to press his luck.

He turns and runs into the deep halls of the ship at full pace. He would need to find a place to safely fix his weapon before deciding what to do next.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 9:41 pm

Archimedes, even with his vast knowledge, did not know everything. The one thing he didn't know off the top of his head was the layout of this particular class of ship. So, unfortunately for him he does end up at a dead end. The automaton was on his tale and the thundering of its feet was growing louder.

When one has their back to the wall its best to fight but for an Alpha Legionnaire, even with no where to go, they could hide. Archimedes finds a gap in the hall that is covered in black goo. He apologizes to his power armor and then squeezes into the festering wound. He waits and listens as the automaton closes in and is finally at the dead end. Then it moves on. Archimedes is out of trouble... for now.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 6:56 am

Archimedes crawls from the rupture in the ship's skin. He was covered in a festering goo.

He was at an impass, the automaton was too heavily armored for him to take it down without permanently disabling it. He would leave for now, and let the automaton do as it has been for millennia now.

He would return, and in greater numbers.

For now, he was content to survival, he makes his way towards the higher decks.

Back to breathing company, he informs his psyker friend, "I have located the automaton. He is beyond my capacity to incapacitate for now. But he is trapped in the lower decks. We have time to formulate a better method of aproach. perhaps I could find an EMP weapon of some sort on this vessel?"
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 10:16 pm

Archimedes returns to Keltec's quarters where he left Orozco.

Even though the psyker was just a brain in jar Archimedes he could sense that a frown was appearing on the psyker's unseen face.

"That's rather unfortunate. Maybe if you asked the Heretek about EMP weaponry nicely he might have something or is willing to assist." The picked brain says psychically to Archimedes.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 11:01 pm

He nods.
"Such rare weaponry.....Its worth a look. I did not expect the ship to have anything more powerful than a power sword or a plasma weapon. I know I let Sarge take the captain's personal weapons, but those are not built for astartes. Its likely I'd break the such weapons just by a firm grip."

With that said, he makes his way to find the heretek.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 10:03 pm

Finding Keltec was a littler harder this time. Archimedes checked all the spots he would expect the Heretek to be: the bridge, engine room, workshops, hanger. Nothing. Instead the Heretek was at the prow of the ship looking over sensor readings from some contraption located there.

He spots Archimedes, "Any luck with that automaton down in the lower decks?"
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 12:42 am

"I located it. It was....hesitant to accompany me. Its delusions cause it to believe the carrion king still crusades the starts, having smashed the cause of the despoiler. It couldn't reconcile and neither could I. Its weaponry, however, exceeds my own currently. I need something stronger to disable it. Do you have anything I could use? Any EMP weaponry perhaps?"

Archimedes tinkers with the loose bits of tech as he spoke.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 9:08 pm

A utility mechadendrite smacks Archimedes glove away before he could touch any loose tech pieces, "Please, this is ancient equipment. Meaning it's delicate and temperamental beyond belief."

Keltec continues working as he speaks, "EMP weaponry is out of the question. I don't have any in my possession or the means to manufacturer one. As far a weaponry is concerned you would need to speak to Redbeard or whoever is the new quartermaster."

The Heretek pauses. He's thinking about something. Then a mechadendrite with a connector on it slithers up towards Archimedes' helmet.

"If I could look at your pict recording of the automaton maybe I can identify it. From there formulate some device or method to bring it down." He gestures to the great machine in front of him, "If it's an ancient piece of the ship it is going to have it's own quarks. Ones you could exploit."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 12:08 am

He replies to the Heretek.
"I am also ancient. While not delicate I am temperamental as well."
As always, it was unclear if he spoke out of anger or jest.

"The pict recorder caught everything." he says, pulling a thin data wafer from its slot in the helmet. He hands it to the Heretek, it looked very much comical such a small thing in his massive hands. He approved the still functioning tactile responsiveness of his suit.
He had deleted the parts where he had to disgracefully hide in the muck of the corrupted ship. The Heretek didnt need to see that. He did his best to make it look like the feed had been switched off at the time, but he doubted his skills would fool the Heretek. In truth, he didn't care whether the Heretek figured that out or not. It was not for him to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)   Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ni'iktu (War Moons of Talax)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next