A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shattered Moons (Kurse)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Solodice

Solodice

Shattered Moons (Kurse) Empty
PostSubject: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 9:58 pm

Carnelian wrote:
In his frenzied state Zar instinctively tries to evade to the right as the flames engulf him but it was to little to late. The blue fire easily finds the gaps in his armour and licks at his flesh with its demonic heat, burning and searing. Zar felt virtually nothing of the attack, but it did make him more angry as he'd been attacked with magical fire and not a piece of steel...

"Rraaaagghhhh"

The Crimson blade snakes forward eager to drink the blood of the cowardly warlord.

+++++++++++++++++

Dodge https://orokos.com/roll/560149 = 71 vs 18 (fail)
Standard Att https://orokos.com/roll/560150 = 28 vs 73 (+10 frenzy, +10 standard att) = 6 DoS (+1 adroit)
Damage https://orokos.com/roll/560151 = 21 dam, Pen 9 (Power Field, Warp Weapon, Felling (2))

Zar comes in with a quick strike that Korick tries to side step.

Korick Dodge: 50 (2 DoF)

Korick Force Field: 93 (4 DoF)

The side step is slow and the force field doesn't deflect this time as the strike lands true. The mutated flamer arm is cleanly severed and it goes flying as blood sprays around. Korick reels back in pain but he isn't out of the fight yet.

Korick WP Roll: 59 (1 DoS)

A bolt of bright light comes screaming at Zar.

[If not dodged... well you'll see.]

Korick WP Roll: 91 (3 DoF)

After the bolt leaves Korick's hand he tries to summon another power. A burst of flames erupts around him but it quickly dissipates.

Last edited by Solodice on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 12:15 pm

The raging Zar doesn't react to severed arm as it falls to the floor, his enemy was still on his feet so Zar is driven forward eager for the kill and straight into the bolt of light...

+++++++++++++++

dodge http://orokos.com/roll/563242 = 37 vs 18 (-20 untrained) = 2 DoF
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 9:15 pm

As the bolt comes racing into Zar the Crimson Blade compels Zar to but itself between himself and the bolt of energy. The blade and the bolt collide and a massive rippling warp wave engulfs Zar. Everything bends and turns at angles that aren't possible in reality. The blade melts in his hands as the arena around Zar disappears into the ripples and Zar finds himself on...

[Continued in the Furia thread.]
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 9:21 pm

[Continued from Hunting Grounds (Islands of The Ragged Helix).]

The pieces of glass come spitting out of the shard and reassemble themselves into Zar. He finds himself in an abandoned quarter of the Shattered Moons. It's old, dusty, with a few pieces of furniture and weapons scattered about.

There's a skeleton on the ground. Most of its bones smashed to powder or shattered from a great force. It's head is missing.

[Need a -10 Willpower roll.]
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 2:09 am

Willpower Test:

Zar took a moment as his stomach settled, the experience of portal not something he wanted to go through again. As he did so he took in the surroundings and considered what to do next. He needed to find Korick. He considered his previous patron here but he supposed he was considered to have lost his match so would he even be wanted now. How long had he been away? Much might have happened since the arena.

He needed to find out the lay of the land.

Once reality had reasserted its self Zar spends a moment more closely examining the skeleton wondering what may have killed it before heading out to explore. He would find someone to talk to or kill depending on their worth.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 9:10 pm

Zar examines the skeleton more closely. The missing head says who ever did this was a follower of Khorne at least. The powered and shattered bones pointed to something heavily concussive that did the damage. Something like a thunder hammer or a sonic weapon.

With his curiosity sated he finds the exit. The door needs some help being loosened up but it gives way to Zar's strength and his comes spitting out into the interior of one of the Shattered Moons pieces.

Zar finds himself in the middle of heavy crowds that weren't present the last time he was here. He then notes banners decking the halls and ceilings. The markings on them are of the Chaos Gods. All four of them.

Grabbing someone nearby Zar leans that the Game of the Gods is to happen soon. The best human fighters were to compete for their god and claim one of the Shattered Moons most prized titles beyond being the pit champion. The prized servant.

[Follow up questions or new ones can be asked. The guy Zar has pulled from the crowd seems to be some lowly pit fighter.]
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 11:29 am

Glory awaited. Perhaps Korick would fight.

"Come. Lets drink and I will question you further. Take me to a suitable drink hole."

It did not take long to find one, there were likely many in the area. The drinks were of course on Zar so he ensures his new friend gets whatever he likes. Within reason. Once they are settled at a table Zar will take a long draft from his Wych skull cup.

Before turning his funeral eyes upon the pit fighter.

"How do I get into this Game of the Gods?"

Zar will listen to answers as patiently as he can, but he was keen to ask of Korick, the Warlord better still be alive.

"Have you heard anything of Warlord Korick, do you know where his domain is?"
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 10:35 pm

The fighter happily takes the offer of drinks. The two sit down in a literal hole in the wall bar.

"Game of the Gods is by invitation only. Rumor has it though that patrons can pay to get their fighters in or fighters themselves can do the same. A hefty price I'm sure."

The fighter chokes on some of his drink at the mention of Korick, "Ah, yeah. After his fight with that... Var he scurried off to lick his wounds. No one's seen him since but there's talk that he's going to be in the Game of the Gods. I still wonder where that Var ended up. Some say he's dead but I swear with that last attack something weird happened. Did you catch that fight?"
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 12:59 pm

Perfect, Zar had to get into the Game of the Gods. It would be all the sweeter wi th Korick in the competition. Zar snarls at the fighter at the mispronounced name “The fighters name is Zar. My name is Zar and I will see Koricks skull adorning my armour.”

Ever impetuous and not one to overly think things through Zar stands. He had little money although the power armour might be worth a bit, but would it be enough for a buy in? He should try and meet with the white clothed lord, that seemed like his best bet.

“Spread the word. Zar is back”

With that Zar leaves to seek out his previous patron. If that didn’t work he would seek out over combatants and start killing them until someone did invite him.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 10:24 pm

The fighter is dumb struck as Zar tells him who he is and as Zar is leaving the bar he can hear the man yelling, "I knew I was right! Zar's back, baby!"

++++

Zar let his instincts and his own recollection guide him back to the quarters of White, his previous patron.

Inside was exactly like Zar remembered. A spartan room, a single chair, and in it was White and over his shoulder was that Incubi and over the other was the power armored Ork Nob Goldy.

White was busy talking to a group but Goldy spots him, "Zar? Hey, boz, Zar ain't dead! I totally didn't bet against you, bud. Thought you werez going to tear Korick a new one!"

White stands up and motions for the group in front of him to part, "Well isn't this a pleasant surprise." White approaches Zar with his Incubi close behind, "Everyone thought you were dead. There was no trace of you. You have changed though." White says motioning to his face and arms.

"What happened to the blade?" The Incubi asks and it was the first time Zar can think of it talking.

"Oh, I'm still here." Crimson internally says.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptySat Feb 02, 2019 1:45 pm

"I still plan to" Zar replies to the big orc.

Zar had indeed changed a lot, from the blessings of Khorne to the blades merging. He holds up his clawed hands, metal infused with his flesh "I am still the servant." he simply replies.

"I know not how, but Koricks sorcery sent me to Furia. I bested what was put before me and found a way to return as we still hunger for Koricks head. I have heard there is a grand competition..."

It was obvious what Zar wanted.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptySat Feb 02, 2019 10:29 pm

"I got bets on you this time." Goldy says with a toothy grin.

"Yes, the Game of the Gods. You want to enter to fight Korick? Since everyone thought you to be dead an invitation was out of the question. So I'll have to spend a pretty penny to get you in." White says, "Ink, is he worth that sort of investment?" White asks his Incubus.

"If he can take me then he's worth it." Ink grumbles.

White looks at Zar, "A fight to first blood? You draw from Ink then I'll get you in. If he draws from you... well, we'll figure something out."
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 1:54 am

Zars eyes narrow, a fight to first blood did not suit him at all, not that he'd back down from a fight. A fight until one of them took the others head would be much better. First blood would often go to whichever was the quicker and as Zar sized up the Incubus he guessed it wouldn't be himself.

He was skilled on defence though. "That is not my preferred victory condition as you can imagine, but I accept."

If he failed he wondered if he could sell the location of the vault. We'd see.
Combat:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 9:21 pm

"Mine either Khornite but the boss has other ideas for you." Ink says he grabs his klaive.

Ink:

Zar was right. Speed was the deciding factor when it came to first blood. The servant's speed was blinding, almost Dark Eldar like, and it catches Ink off guard. The claws get a good gash in the Incubus' armor and draws blood.

Ink touches his wound and looks at his own blood then at Zar, "He's worth it."

"We've always been worth it." Crimson says with chuckle.

"Give me some time to collect what I need to get you in." White says, "That power armor you are totting around. Are you going to use it in the competition. If not it will be a great help in paying for your way in."
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Zar looks at the blood on his claw; a victory was a victory and it opened up an opportunities to spill Koricks blood. It did feel a little hollow though, the brief fight didn't feel like a really challenge and he wondered how interesting a proper fight with Ink would be.

"I've acquired some Khorne blessed armour so I've been looking for a place to put this."
Zar replies to White gesturing at the power armour. "It is well worth Koricks head. It is yours to do with as you wish."

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 11:17 pm

It took a few days and some waiting but eventually White came back with good news. Zar was in. The time for revenge was now.

However, this wasn't a standard fight in the pits. This was the Game of the Gods. A lot more showmanship and festivities went into it. That meant the fighting had to wait for now.

For Zar and the other fighters it meant they was to be a big showing. An introduction to the competition and its competitors.

At the biggest arena in all of the Shattered Moons Zar was stuck in a holding area. In it were the other fighters and their bodyguards. Well, the bodyguards were there to protect their charges but also to make sure fights weren't to break out.

For Zar that meant Goldy and Ink were with him.

Across the area Zar can see him. Korick, with his Rubric Marine guards and suited up in his power armor. His arm that Zar cut off has been replaced with a finely made mechanical one. The Blue Devil stares at Zar from behind his death mask.

"The man is such a coward. He won't even show his face here. No matter, we'll see that face hanging off our belt when it's all said and done." Crimson says with acid in his voice.

Korick says something to one of his Rubric Marines. One of them produces an icon of Khorne. It shows it to Zar before it crushes it into dust and dumps the remains on the floor.

Korick snaps his fingers and the remains burst into flames and melt away into nothingness.

"You were already ash! Nothing of worth or want! I will burn you away until there is nothing left! Tzeetch will see to it!" Korick yells through his vox speaks at Zar.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 12:56 am

Zar turns to Korick. His clawed hands remove his spiked helm revealing his bull-like visage; smoke billows from his nostrils and his eyes burn yellow.

The crimson servant has changed much since Korick last saw him, metal has merged with the flesh of his arms and he is now wears a deep crimson armour covered in spikes.

"You have tried that already and failed for I have returned." Zar shouts for all to hear "Your magicks are nothing to me. I shall take your head and strip it of its flesh. I shall cover every inch of it in runes of Khorne. This spike is where I shall place your skull so you can watch me fight and kill for all the days that I have to come." Zar gestures at the largest spike on his right shoulder.

"Hear me!" Zar shouts to all around "I shall bath my claws in this wizards blood. I swear it for I am the Crimson servant!"
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 11:00 pm

A man in blood red full plate laughs at Zar's remarks, "Not before I crush you with my hammer. Then I'll crush the wizard with it."

Korick takes his helmet off. One thing has changed about him. His once human eyes are now that of a birds.

"We're here with the most blood thirsty and talented killers of the Shattered Moons. If you want to see and fight me, servant. You will have to get to the top because that's where I'm going to be." Korick says.

Before Zar can get a word in there's an announcement that all fighters are to report to the arena. No guards and no funny business unless you want to end up in the warp fiend cages as a snack.

The fighters find themselves aligned along the center of the arena. The whole place was packed even though this wasn't a fight. Everyone wanted to see the competitors before they started to kill one another.

Each was fighter was introduced and Zar now knew who needed to die by his claws.

Lorron 'The Hammer': The man that laughed at Zar earlier. He wears old plate armor that is blood red. His helm bares the crest of Khorne and in he's resting his hands on his trusty thunder hammer.

Blood Moon Prince: A lithe man with minimal armor, a red colored power shield, and a sabre. On the shield the mark of Slaanesh is present for all to see.

Korick 'The Blue Devil': Zar needs no introduction to his nemesis.

Weevil: A Death Priest hailing for some planet called Mire. He smells of death and looks the part. However, by the blessings of Nurgle he stays upright and hungers for the innards of the slain. The rusted spear of his has gutted many in the arenas.

Myrmidon: The most normal looking man of the bunch except for the two khopesh sword he carries with him and the symbol of chaos undivided on his jet black armor..

Finally there was Zar 'The Crimson Servant'.

Ground rules were then laid out for the competition.

1. No warp power. This was a match of physical and martial prowess.
2. No force fields. Localized shields like on power shields are fine.

That was it. The first round pairings would begin shortly.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 12:24 pm

Zar mostly ignored the other combatants while he waited although he often found his gaze unintentionally drawn to Korick. He was surprised that there would be no warp powers allowed but that pleased him greatly. It would handicap Korick. Zar was not stupid enough to believe that he would be a walk over though.

Of the others Zar hoped he would also fight the Moon Prince so he could take the head of one of hated Slaanesh's servants. Failing that he hoped The Hammer did it instead. All for the glory of Khorne.

He was ready, encased in his spiked crimson plate with his power shield strapped to his back.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 10:35 pm

With the presentation and showmanship over the first drawing began.

The first fight was to be between Zar and Lorron 'The Hammer'. The second: Blood Moon Prince and Myrmidon. The third: Korick and Weevil.

To Zar's slight dismay the fights wouldn't begin till tomorrow. He could feel Crimson joining his disappointment and anger.

"Gather us here like show pieces but can't ruin the pretty faces till we're told so." Crimson grumbles.

Like that the fighters were herded out and told to report bright and early.

++++

Zar would have to stew for the rest of the day or he could go elsewhere in the Shattered Moons to relieve his anger.

[We can time skip to the fights or Zar could explore the Shattered Moons if wanted.]
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 1:51 pm

The roar of the crowd was deafening even behind the arena doors. The thuds of fists and feet could be felt down to the bone. The want and need for spilled blood was inescapable.

"One fight at a time. Let's not get distracted by trying to reach Korick. We'll get to him in do time." Crimson says offering some rare advice.

The doors in front of Zar slowly open in front of him and he steps forth. He's greeted by a wall of sound created by the multi-storied stands of the arena. The amount of people was uncountable.

Cutting through the crowd noise was the announcer. He must of been using warp powers to do so as his voice was clear as if he was standing right next to Zar in a quiet room.

"Presenting Zar 'The Crimson Servant'! Once thought to have died in a bout with Korick but he has returned and seeks the title for Khorne."

The doors across from Zar open up and out steps Lorron.

"On the other side we have Lorron 'The Hammer'. One of the most decorated fighters in all of the Shattered Moons. He also seeks the title in the name of Khorne. So, today, you violent bastards and blood thirsty goons will be treated to some Khornite on Khornite crime. Two have entered but one will only leave the arena! Let the fight begin!"

[Roll for initiative!]

Lorron 'The Hammer':

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 12:55 am

Zar steps out on to the sands, he could feel the roar of the crowd in his bones. He looks around the arena for a moment, taking it in. It appeared to just be an open space, he would be wary for unseen hazards at least until he lost himself in the melee.

"I reach Korick through him." Zar points at Lorron as he replies to Crimson "I am focused, this is a worthy head to take" With that be bangs his fist into his chest plate a few times in salute to his opponent before starting to stalk towards him, claws are flexed and Zar tosses his head like a bull as he starts to pick up speed.

Initiative/action :
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 9:22 pm

Lorron returns the salute as he bangs his thunder hammer across his armored chest.

Zar takes the initiative and is the first to move. Lorron doesn't seem to mind as he sits back letting Zar inch his way closer and closer.

As he closes the distance thick black smoke billows out from the Lorron's plated helm. Through the smoke red glowing eyes spring open as a primordial roar shakes the ground. Lorron takes off with the speed of a train, slow and steady picking up speed with every step.

Lorron 'The Hammer':
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 12:58 am

Action:

Zar snorted and billowed out smoke in reply, he to started to charge but Lorron now had the momentum. Just before the two juggernaughts clashed Zar lost himself to his rage, the roar of the crowd was replaced by the hammering of his heart, each beat seeemed to scream “BLOOD, BLOOD, BLOOD…”

Khorne did not care which of the two fell, only that one of his champions would emerge stronger and that blood would be spilt and a skull would be taken. Be it The Crimson Servants or The Hammer.

Zar bashes aside the storm hammer, if he’d not been lost to his rage he would have noted the power behind it and that he really didn’t want to take more than a glancing blow. In reply Zar tries to rip into Lorron, his claws come from all angles seeking out gaps in his opponents plate armour.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyTue Mar 19, 2019 9:43 pm

Lorron 'The Hammer':

Lorron's skill with his hammer is evident as he uses it to deflect Zar's claws away. That and this thunder hammer was much easier to move around than a normal one.

Lorron 'The Hammer':

Lorron takes another swing but he stops short. It was a feint. He reverses the action bring the back end of the shaft up with his armored fist.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 1:52 am

Actions:

Zar fell for the feint and was then pummeled by the subsequent blows. It was heavy damage but Zar didn't register any pain, his heart continued to hammer loudly in his ears drowning out the crowd... Blood... Blood... Blood... with each beat.

The Crimson Servant launches a flurry of blows, his razor sharp claws coming in from all angles.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 9:34 pm

Lorron 'The Hammer':

Lorron matches Zar's flurry of attacks, almost. He was able to knock down all the strikes except the one that hurt the most. Zar's claws rip through Lorron's armor and gouge in deep. Much like Zar Lorron's bloodlust blocks out the pain and he goes on the attack. This is what Khronites lived for.

Lorron 'The Hammer':
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 12:25 am

Actions:

Zar matches His opponents ferocity, savagely knocking aside the hammering blows. Despite loosing himself to the red rage Zar defended with skill, there was an opening in the attacks which he exploited by lashing out but the counter fell short. The fight was on a knife edge one that would soon tip one way or the other. Zar continued to attack from all angles, his rending claws seeking Lorron’s lifes-blood.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 9:59 pm

Lorron 'The Hammer':

Even with coming at Lorron for all kind of angles 'The Hammer' meets them all, batting aside swings and stabs.

Lorron 'The Hammer':

Lorron doesn't take the come at him from all angles approach of Zar. He comes at him head on and just tries to crush him into the ground.

[Starting next round I'm going to start doing toughness tests with penalties increasing each round for each character. On a fail the character gains a level of fatigue.]
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 12:28 am

Actions:

By instinct Zar crosses his arms in front of him to block a group of savage blows from Lorron, were it not for Crimsons blessings both limbs would have been torn from their sockets. The desperate parry saved his life.

Despite not taking damage the momentum of the hit throws Zar backwards where he lands heavily on his back. The set back was barely noticed by Zar who scrambles to his feet and throws himself back into the fray.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 9:52 pm

Lorron 'The Hammer':

In Zar's rage all his catches is air or partial glances on Lorron.

Surprisingly, Lorron doesn't press his advantage. Instead, he steps back with his arms spread out and laughs. A course and chocked laugh that causes black smoke to puff from his helm.

He seem to be beckoning for Zar to come after him.

"I expected more from the Crimson Servant. All I got was this pup that is hardly worth the praise of Khorne. What did the Lord of Skulls ever see in you? Whatever it was I'm not seeing it." Lorron bellows out.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 12:00 am

Lorron’s words only enraged Zar further, since meeting Crimson he had met no foes who were his equal. It was about time he’d get to prove himself. His opponent was a fool for thinking he could get some respite with weak words. Zar talked with weapons alone.

BLOOD… BLOOD… BLOOD
hammered in his head with each heartbeat.

Zar charges into Lorron once again, savage but skilled attacks rain down once more on the champion of khorne.

Rolls:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 10:50 pm

Lorron 'The Hammer':

The intensity of the fight seems to be getting to Lorron now as bats away almost all of Zar's attacks but again one get through and it digs in deep... but not deep enough.  

Lorron follows up not with an attack but a grapple.

Lorron 'The Hammer':
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 1:08 am

Rolls/Actions:

They lock together for a moment as Lorron tries a grapple, but Zar is able to throw him off. Barely a heart beat goes by before Zar flexes his deadly claws and renews his attacks, claws rake against armour but fail to penetrate the plate armour of his opponent.

“BLOOD… BLOOD… BLOOD” his heart hammers in his head, focusing his rage into his arms. His weapons. Soon one of them would fall.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 9:35 pm

Lorron 'The Hammer':

Again Lorron moves in for the grapple instead of beating his opponent down with his hammer.

Lorron 'The Hammer':
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 1:10 am

Rolls:

Zar felt like he could fight for days and at this rate he might have to as close as they were to skill level. Lorron wrestles with Zar while the Crimson servant claws at his opponent, neither of them finding purchase or an opening for now.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 10:24 pm

Lorron 'The Hammer':

Seems Lorron was just buying himself some time as he shoves Zar away. His hammer comes screaming around but at the last second he changes it direction. Another feint.

Lorron 'The Hammer':
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyWed May 01, 2019 1:09 am

Actions:

Zar reads Lorron’s skilled feint catching the hammer and deflecting it wide, the sheer power of the attack made it hard for Zar to immediately counter. Lorrons heavy attacks had left him open though and Zar takes every advantage, he ducked under the wide swing of the hammer and slashed, gouged and stabbed with his deadly claws.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyThu May 09, 2019 9:19 pm

Lorron 'The Hammer':

Lorron quickly reacts to Zar reading his feint and going on the attack. Every swipe and stab of Zar's claws is meet by a defensive swing of Lorron's hammer.

Even though the fight has only been progressing for a few minutes the crowd is starting to become restless. The back and forth between the two was fun for a time but now they want someone to land that killing blow or for something interesting to happen.

As if someone was reading the minds of the crowd the ground of the arena shakes. From beneath the sand stone structures spring forth.

It was just as Lorron swung his hammer that a wall splits the two fighters from one another. The impact of the hammer causes a bulge to appear on Zar's side but it doesn't penetrate (meaning the material is much stronger from the stone that it appears to be).

Three more walls arise around Zar and platforms start to swing out and connect to one another above him. A ramp comes slamming down on his right that leads up to the first platform above him. If things couldn't get anymore interesting water starts to seep through the sand around Zar's feet and it was flooding in quickly.

Crimson chimes in for the first time since the start of the fight, "Get to higher ground before Lorron does! If he gets there he'll have the advantage over us!"

[The arena floor isn't just a flat sand arena floor anymore. Zar is stuck in a tower of sorts with one way out... that being going upwards. Oh, and there's water starting to flood in.]
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyFri May 10, 2019 3:03 am

Zar had forgotten they were also performing for a crowd. He didn't particularly care for it so the change in circumstances annoyed him, but it didn't let that keep him back. He wanted to win. He wanted to take Koricks head so bad.

He throws himself at the nearest wall and starts to climb, using his claws to gain purchase he hauls himself up the surface.

Climb:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:19 pm

[Been forgetting about give a penalty to those fatigue rolls... all fatigue rolls are at -30 for this round.]
[Don't forget about regeneration for Zar.]

Lorron "The Hammer':

Why take the ramp when you had razor sharp bronze claws. Zar's claws dug into the material just enough where he got a good grip and scaled the interior of the tower like some beast. It certainly pleased the crowd as they erupted in cheers. Zar perches himself at the top of the tower and looks for Lorron. The hulking armored man was below still making his way up a series of ramps.

[Zar has the high ground. Zar can make a leaping +30 standard attack that can not be dodged or parried. Holding the high ground grants Zar one extra reaction or attack per turn.]
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyFri May 17, 2019 12:46 am

Actions:

Zar turned and looked down at Lorron, he doubted his opponent could defend himself if he attacked now but could he finish it in one go. The 'Hammer' had proven himself resilient. With a snarl Zar restrains himself, he started to pace his patience thin. It was wise to wait, Zar would take the advantage when his opponent reached him.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyThu May 23, 2019 9:41 pm

Lorron 'The Hammer':

Lorron continues to climb his way up to Zar but he eventually stops going up the ramps. He shouldn't stop as the water was slowly rising under him but he does so anyways and approaches the wall of the tower Zar is standing on. Zar can see the shoulder pads of the main jump up and down... he was laughing.

Lorron hefts his hammer up and swings it into the wall with reckless abandon. The concussive shocks and the strength of the man behind it start to cause it buckle and fissures start to spider web out from the impact points. Zar can feel the wall shift and then the whole tower starts to groan.

[The tower Zar has climbed is starting to become structurally unsound. A trip down would be into the water and with heavy armor on that's a quick way to drown. Zar can now make a leaping +0 standard attack that can't be dodged or parried, stay on the tower, or get down with a -20 Athletics test.]
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyFri May 31, 2019 1:28 am

Zar gives his opponent a grudging nod of his head in respect as Lorron started to try and topple the column. It would be a shame to kill him, well it wouldn’t but Khorne would have one less capable warrior to serve. All khorne would care about was another skull and the blood split, not who it came from. Zar snarled down, smoke billowed from his nostrils in anger at Lorron who was going to lay his vantage point low. There was only one thing for it. Zar throws himself into the air and down at Lorron. “Blood for the blood god.” He bellows as he plummets down at the champion of Khorne.

Action:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 10:31 pm

Zar lets gravity do its work as it propels him downward. His speed is to quick for Lorron to sit step or parry. Zar drove his two arms down into Lorron's body as if they were bronze lances and pinned his armored hulk to the ground.

The crowd was stunned silent.

Lorron's reaction is nothing more then a grunt of black smoke from his helm, "Blood for the blood god." He said as black smoke belched from his helm for the last time.

[End of combat. Lorron is dead.]

Then a cheer is collectively released from the massive crowd. Its shock wave is like that of an explosion. The arena starts to reset itself.

"Zar 'The Crimson Servant' is our winner! Only the first of three that will continue onto the next round of this great tournament. Who will face the true representative of Khorne now? Will it be the mysterious Myrmidon? His arch-nemesis Korick? The putrid Weevil? Or the Blood Moon Prince? Stick around and find out in the up coming matches!" The announcer bellows out.

"Well done, Zar. Well done." Crimson grumbled from behind his eyes.

[Rewards: 700 XP. Infamy: +5.]

[Once Zar is done in the arena...]

Zar is back in White's fighter quarters but the Khornite has been gifted with his own private section of the communal space. A physician of sorts stands outside them with Goldy at their side. Probably for the physician's own protection more than anything else.

"Zar, I'm here at the behest of White." The physician said from behind a cloaked face. "I'm here to tend to your wounds if that is okay with you?"
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 1:39 pm

"Skulls for the skull throne" Zar finishes Khorne's prayer for Lorron. Pulling his claws from Lorron's body Zar looks down on the warriors lifeless form. He was surprised the fight was over, he felt like they could have fought for a day and a night. He would honour Lorron by wrapping his skull in bronze and placing it upon his largest shoulder spike.

With a sudden motion Zar slashes and rips at Lorrons neck and then pulls the head free from the body. He then holds it upwards in an offering to the Skull Throne. A worthy foe indeed.

Did he sense some dissatisfaction from Crimson as the deamon spoke? It felt like it to Zar, although the Crimson Servant was not the brightest or perceptive of men. "Did the fight not satisfy you?" he asks back.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Back in the fighters quarter Zar looks down at his armoured form at the physician's question. He flexed his arms and made fists of his claws and then stamped his feet, he felt mostly whole. Through the red haze of the fight he recalled taking significant damage but his new armour had restored him. A few minor bruises and scraps remained. He was about to dismiss the medic when he paused, he should take every advantage on offer.

"I think you'll find few injuries, but yes, tend to me."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 10:48 pm

"I'll only be truly satisfied when we have Korick's head. This victory was satisfying to a point. It will sate my hunger for vengeance at the least." Crimson responded.

++++

The physician comes and starts to tend to Zar's remaining wounds. Goldy leaves seeing Zar doesn't mean them harm.

"Impressive bout against Lorron that was." The physician says as he jabs an autoinjector into Zar's arm. "Your name now rings out in the halls like some forgotten but reborn champion."

The physician applies some cream like agent on Zar's bruises, "If these games ever start to bore you I know many interested parties that would pay handsomely for your services here in the Vortex."
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyThu Jun 13, 2019 3:06 pm

Zar grunts, smoke bellowing at Crimsons reply. He could feel the demons emotions. His hate for Korick. It felt good. "Soon" was all he replied as he stomped out of the arena.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Zar grunts at the weakling physician talk. He couldn't help himself, Zar could crush him like an ant. Nevertheless, he waited patiently as his wounds were treated before replying "Combat will bore me if it is no longer a challenge. Once I am champion, there will be few worthy fighters." he bellows with confidence. "I will not sit idle for weeks or months waiting for such a foe. We may be interested." Zar finishes.

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 9:02 pm

"Yes, there is being champion of the Shattered Moons but what about champion of the Screaming Vortex? Fighting the best fighters this warp blessed place has to offer and possibly beyond. I know Khorne doesn't care about who the skulls come from but there are skulls more worthy for the throne then those here."

The physician stared packing his tools away, "If you change your mind I'm not hard to find. Just ask for Melrone."
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) EmptyTue Jun 25, 2019 4:00 pm

Zar pauses at the thought of such ambition, champion of the Screaming Vortex?

"Yes" he grumbles which is accompanied by a snort of smoke from his flared and bull like nostrils. "I would kill any before me." he flexes his claws and looks upon the Melrone. His blood boils slightly at the thought. Zar restrains himself, or Melrone would find himself without a head. Could such a weakling be a means to such an end? "We will speak once I have Koricks head. Now leave me for I must make preparations."

Once the physician is gone Zars mind turns to Korick, his master Crimson stoking the flames. Zar snorts in anger as he starts to stomp around the room, smashing whatever furniture is about. Slamming his fists repeatedly into the walls in his rage and hatred. Crimson works on Zar's emotions. "Curse the witch." Crimson whispers "Hate the witch" he demands "Kill the witch" he says in finality "Khorne protect us against such trickery." Crimson and Zar demand in unison.

So it continues for at least an hour, his host fortifying Zar's mind and body against the warp powers of those to cowardly to fight like a proper warrior.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ritual:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Moons (Kurse)   Shattered Moons (Kurse) Empty

Back to top Go down

Shattered Moons (Kurse)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next