A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder) Empty
PostSubject: Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder)   Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder) EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 1:49 pm

Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder) 250?cb=20131110011659

Name: Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var
Career Path: Fire Warrior (Pathfinder)
Classified Competence: Finder of Ways
Demeanor: Alien
Homeworld: +++classified+++

WS 28
BS 47**
S 31
T 36
Ag 54*
Int 58**
Per 59**^
Wp 44*
Fel 38
*denotes purchased advances
^competence

FP: 2/2
Wounds (Critical): 12/12
Movement: 5m/10m/15m/30m
Fatigue: 0
Insanity: 0/100
Corruption: 0/100

Skills
Acrobatics (Ag)
Athletics (S)
Awareness (Per) +10
Charm (Fel)
Command (Fel)
Common Lore (Int)
- Tau Empire
- war

Commerce (Int)
Deceive (Fel)
Demolitions (Int) +10
Disguise (Fel)
Dodge (Ag) +10
Evaluate (Int)
Gamble (Int)
Inquiry (Fel)
Intimidate (S)
Linguistics (Int)
- Tau
- Kroot
- Low Gothic

Literacy (Int)
Logic (Int)

Medicae (Int)
Navigate
- Surface +10

Operate (Ag)
Parry (WS)
Scholastic Lore (Int)
Scrutiny (Per)
Security
Stealth (Ag) +30* [*Recon Armour]
Survival (Per) +10
Tech Use (Int)

Talents
Fire Caste Weapon Training
Hard Target
Marksman
Nerves of Steel
Rapid Reload
Supporting Fire
Unshakeable Faith

Traits
- For the Greater Good! (Once/encounter gain +10 to any test while following an order from another Tau character; if the order places PC in substantial danger to benefit the group as a whole the benefit becomes +30 at GM's discretion)
- Non-Imperial (-10 Common, Forbidden and Scholastic Lore relating to the Imperium of Man)
- Speak Not Unto the Alien (-20 Fel w/humans - allies excluded; -2 Ship Morale)
- Finder of Ways (If passes a Stealth test grants +10 stealth to allies within 20m on their next roll)

Armour
Tau Recon Armour, 4 AP all locations [+10 Stealth, inbuilt micro-bead, translator unit, and blacksun filter]

Weapons

Pulse Carbine (GQ) - [Range: 60m; RoF: S/-/3: Dam: 2d10+2; Pen: 4; Clip: 24; Reload: Full; Gyro-Stabilised]
- Under-slung grenade launcher - [Range: 80m: Rof: S/-/-; Clip: 1; Reload: Half]
Pulse Pistol (BQ) - [Range: 40m; RoF: S/2/-: Dam: 2d10+2; Pen: 4; Clip: 16; Half: Full; Gyro-Stabilised]
Tau Photon Grenades x3

Gear
Markerlight

Appearance
Height - 5'6"
Weight - 110lbs
Skin - Navy Blue
Eyes - Yellow to orange around the edges
Tash or Tash'vir (which roughly translates to Snake) as she likes to be called is a compact female Tau, muscled but slight. She keeps her recon armour and weapons dirty (camouflaged) when in the field but always functional. Her dark red armour is much lighter than the standard fire caste warriors, allowing her a high degree of stealth. When not 'getting dirty' as she likes to call it and in more relaxed settings she will often be found in a black body glove with just her pistol at her side. She wears her heart on her sleeve and is always honest and straight talking, often with an amused expression on her dark blue face as she regards the tomfoolery of the Imperials.  

Background

XP: 50/9950

XP spend, dice rolls etc...:

Last edited by Carnelian on Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:29 pm; edited 54 times in total
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder)   Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder) EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 2:05 pm

A few questions

A bunch of questions for the GM.
- For my backstory and an excellent way for me to get an 'in' to the group, can I be the Rogue Traders cook? I plan to spend more xp in cook to warrant this.
- Advancing Trade Cook is not in my available skills to buy so how much xp is it to advance? At the very least I'd like +10, but ideally +20 so the costs for both would be great (I already have Trade - Cook cos I'm a 'ling)
- As we're advanced a bit what additional equipment can I get/roll for? I'm cool with giving you a list and you approving or vetoing as judged.

One for the group.
- As part of being a Void Master I get to choose one of; Mastery of Space, Mastery of Gunnery, Mastery of Augurs or Mastery of Small Ships. Which would be most useful to the team?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder)   Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder) EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 3:39 pm

I believe last time Olivia or Sammus handled gunnery - Sammus is very good at shooting things, so that might not be as important. Mastery of Space sounds like something the Navigator will be doing, but before I just shoot off into the dark, what are the benefits of each?

Also, just a quick look over and XP expenditure should be in the format of [remaining XP]/[Spent XP] and the total should be 10,000.
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder)   Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder) EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 3:51 pm

It allows me to reroll a failed test on...
Mastery of Space = maneuver actions
Mastery of Gunnery = shooting acitons
Mastery of Augurs = detection rolls for starship
Mastery of Small Ships = pilot rolls for ships that fall within 'small'
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder)   Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder) EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 9:36 am

Your Ratling has become a Tau and I love it.

Security is its own skill. I believe we were playing the game with Demolitions as its own skill as well. Since having Tech Use handle everything makes it OP AF.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

PostSubject: Re: Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder)   Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder) EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 4:44 pm

I've dropped 'New Allies' talent as its something I might get later on once 'I've got to know you gue’la Wink

Instead I've taken more perception and intelligence.

Can I have a set of best quality recon armour, it will give me a AP of 5 which ain't all that)? Not much more I want... perhaps some different grenades for my under-slung launchers; the Tau equivalent of Krak, Smoke & plasma (2 of each) ok?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder)   Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder) Empty

Back to top Go down

Shas'La Mira'hai Tash'var (Tau Pathfinder)
Page 1 of 1