A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OOC game discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

OOC game discussion Empty
PostSubject: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 8:37 am

What it says on the tin, feel free to discuss the game here. Rules questions may be better suited in the rules thread though, so that others can read through Q&As about the game along with my rules summary.

"Seating Order" (for rotating roles)

1. Jeff
  2. Heath?
  3. Alex
  4. Theo
  5. Ian

he/him

Last edited by bobarctor1977 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 11:24 pm

If you dont mind, Im going to keep an eye on this and maybe if something opens up and I like the way its going ill jump in.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 4:06 am

Sylphilis wrote:
If you dont mind, Im going to keep an eye on this and maybe if something opens up and I like the way its going ill jump in.

Sure thing man!

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 6:06 pm

I intend on reading up on what is expected of me tomorrow. Can you give me an extremely to the point "Explain Like I'm 5" here?

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
I intend on reading up on what is expected of me tomorrow. Can you give me an extremely to the point "Explain Like I'm 5" here?

For this scene your role is to RP the witness so really just focus on that. You can learn the other roles later. All you need to do now is role play our main protagonist. Since there's only one PC, try to fill us in lots on your inner monologue, your thoughts and feelings about what you're seeing. The background of Willy Fraser is skeletal on purpose as well; feel free to fill in details or allude his backstory when appropriate (this event reminds him of x event of his past, or bring it up in conversation). Just try to leave some backstory for other players to fill in too.

The word witness is carefully chosen - what you're doing is investigating this cosmic horrors and gathering clues about the nature of it, but ultimately we all know your character won't really be able to destroy it or do much about it. You're not a hero. You're not gonna save the day. You're just witnessing something dark and terrible....RP like one of lovecrafts stereotypical protagonists.

he/him
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 8:37 am

As a heads up, once this scene is over, Jeff will be our next narrator and Zeke will be our next witness.

I will include a bracket when the scene is over to make that loud n clear.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 11:09 pm

So do we need a setup for scene 3 or does it start here and now?
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 4:12 am

Starts here and now. If Theo needs any set up though he's welcome to do so....Theo you can start the action in the crater or "fast forward" to a moment in time a little bit in the future (still during the battle of course). Whatever feels most natural and best fits the story.

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 12:05 am

Im the witness currently yes?

Wanted to clarify before I get back to posting.
Back to top Go down
Theoretical

Theoretical

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 3:47 am

You're a watcher at the moment. Write things that add to the mood. You're a descriptor, but not really adding or moving the story forward.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 11:59 am

We still playing here?
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 12:05 pm

Sylphilis wrote:
We still playing here?

According to his old check in/out post, Theo should be back in town in 2 days time, so hopefully we will get the game moving again shortly

he/him
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 12:32 pm

Thinking of shuttering this game. If we're not gonna get it back up and running, then I'd like to call it quits so I can focus my efforts on another game.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 11:08 pm

Ive lost interest in the game. The creeping horror aspect intrigued me, but the role switching just kept throwing me off.

Im ok with shutting it down.
Back to top Go down
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 5:11 am

Sylphilis wrote:
Ive lost interest in the game. The creeping horror aspect intrigued me, but the role switching just kept throwing me off.

Im ok with shutting it down.

No worries bro. It's a unique system and obviously not for everyone. I don't have strong feelings about it myself, just was curious to try it out. Think it's a little more effective in person too. Thanks for giving it a shot Smile

Sent from Topic'it App

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 12:02 am

Some games are more effective in person. We all had great hopes when I ran shadowrun, but the system seems a bit cumbersome for PbP format. This situation could be similar.
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 5:26 pm

Is it official - does this need to be moved to "The Graveyard?"

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 5:55 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
Is it official - does this need to be moved to "The Graveyard?"

Yeah, you can move it to the graveyard.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC game discussion   OOC game discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC game discussion
Page 1 of 1