A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solodice

Solodice

Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED]   Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED] EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 10:37 pm

So I have another PbP going on at another site but that will be ending in the next month or two (unforeseen circumstances non-withstanding). In the mean time I thought I would see if anyone was interested in trying this out...

Always thought this was a cool game. Unfortunately no one else did (didn't help the PSVR was expensive). The failure of the game caused a game studio branch to be shuttered and left the game unsupported. So here I am turning it into a role playing game.

So what the hell is RIGS: MCL (Mechanized Combat League)? I think the best way to explain it as a combo of F1, football (American or otherwise), and wrap it all with mechs with machine guns, missiles, and other cool weaponry. Now how does that translate over to an RPG?

Easy. Players will obviously be playing the pilots of these mechs and competing in the arena for glory, fame, and a paycheck. Now this just sounds like combat all the time. Where's the roleplay? Beyond competing in the arena a players pilot also needs to navigate life outside of it. This includes winning over or keeping sponsors, dealing with the team manager and owner, the sports press, life as a high profile celebrity, and dealing with your teammates of course, can also put in some family drama if you so choose.

The combat it is heavily focused on tactics and will be played on a grid. You'll have to balance attacks and defensive efforts. It's also not just a shoot 'em up all the time. There are three game types that are played. End Zone which is like American Football/Rubgy where the team tries to move a ball to the other teams endzone to score points. Power Slam is where you kill mechs until you get into boost mode and need to jump into a central goal to score. Team Takedown which is team deathmatch. You score by killing mechs.

I'm working on the rules right now which is just a bastardization of a percentile system (Delta Green if you're curious). They're will be archtypes, backgrounds, mech abilities, different weapons to play with, a contract to live up to or work towards, bonuses to try and hit, a championship to compete for, and some good ol' futuristic mech fun!

Disclaimer: Since this isn't a tested game (even though I wonder sometimes with some released games...) think of this more as like an alpha test. See if this thing works out or not. Adjust as we go along to get the combat and the roleplaying side to be even-ish.

Last edited by Solodice on Fri May 17, 2019 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED]   Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED] EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 4:20 pm

Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED] Anyone-anyone

I guess sports aren't all that interesting around here...
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED]   Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED] EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 8:52 pm

I’m stretched pretty thin right now. If anything, I could probably take on a new game that I was already somewhat familiar with; however, starting from scratch - I’m talking even lore wise - is a tall order for me currently.

Having said that, When my job gets comfortable, I may be up for it.

Sent from Topic'it App

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED]   Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED] EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 8:57 pm

Iron and Metal wrote:
I’m stretched pretty thin right now. If anything, I could probably take on a new game that I was already somewhat familiar with; however, starting from scratch - I’m talking even lore wise - is a tall order for me currently.

Having said that, When my job gets comfortable, I may be up for it.

Wasn't expecting anyone that has their fingers in almost every game here to join in.

We have new people around though. I wonder where they all are?
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED]   Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED] EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 9:24 pm

NEW PEOPLE - STEP UP AND GET YOUR PBP ON.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED]   Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED] EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 9:33 pm

For those that want some more info on this I'll have the lore document out sometime later this month.

The game itself doesn't have one so it's all coming from me. You can safely assume it will be sci-fi heavy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED]   Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Interest Check - RIGS: MCL [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1