A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Litschi

Litschi

Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No Empty
PostSubject: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 11:36 am

Name Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No
Career Path T'au Fio Engineer, specialized in Tech
Demeanor Inconspicuous
Flaw Weak
Home-sept Sa'Cea, Home of Stealth-Tech

WS 30
BS 31*
S 26
T 34+
AG 35*
INT 46+*
PER 38+
WP 31
FEL 32
IFL 27
*Denotes purchased upgrade
+ Caste/CC bonus

FP 2/2
Wounds 7/9
Critical Damage 0
Fatigue 0
+++
Insanity 0/100
Corruption 0/100
Movement 3m/6m/9m/18m
Carrying Abillity (carry/lift/push): 27 kg; 54 kg; 108 kg

Skills
Acrobatics (Ag)
Athletics (S)
Awareness (Per)
Charm (Fel)
Command (Fel)
Commerce (Int)
Common Lore (Int)
- Tech
- Tau Empire
Deceive (Fel)
Demolitions (Int)
Dodge (Ag)
Inquiry (Fel)
Interrogation (Wp)
Intimidate (S)
Linguistics (Int)
- Tau

Logic (Int)
Medicae (Int)
Navigate (Int)
Operate (Ag)
- Surface (ground vehicles including walkers, skimmers, etc)
Parry (WS)
Scrutiny (Per)
Security (Int)
Sleight of Hand (Ag)
Stealth (Ag) +10
Survival (Per)
Tactics (Int)
Tech Use (Int) (+5 Caste) +10
Trade (Int)
-  Armourer
-  Prospector

Talents
Clues from the Crowd
Fire Caste Weapon Training
Keen Intuition (Re-test Awareness at -10)
Peer (Earth Caste, Character has good reputation amongst chosen group)
Technical Knock (Un-jam gun as Half Action)
Unremarkable
Unshakable Faith
Resistance (Heat)

Traits
Blunt (All Tests made to detect Tau by daemons or through the use of psychic abilities suffer a -30 penalty)
For the Greater Good (a Tau Explorer may gain a +10 bonus to a Test made while directly following an order from another Tau / up to +30)
Heightened Senses (Smell)
Lessened Senses (Sight) (-10 penalty on all perception-based tests, including ballistic skill)
Non-Imperial (–10 penalty on all Common Lore, Forbidden Lore, and Scholastic Lore Tests relating to the Imperium of Man)
Classified Competence: + Finder of Ways, +3 PER
"Expert" (spend a Fate point to automatically succeed instead with the degrees of success equal to their Intelligence bonus)
"Accustomed to Population Density"

Gear
- Turkey Leg (Looks absolutely delicious!)
Nano-tool (functions as Combi-tool, +10 to Tech-Use)
Engineer fatigues (AP 1 body, arms, legs)
Earth Caste Field Research Fatigues (AP: 3 body/limbs; +10 resistance (heat) and (cold))]
Labor Drone (Machine (3); Assists with Tech-Use)

Weapons
Pulse Pistol (pistol; 40m; S/2/-; 2d10+5 E, pen 4; Gyro-Stabilized)
- Reloads x3

Aptitudes
Agility
Defense
Finesse
General
Intelligence
Perception
Tech

XP: 150+50/3,000  (available/spent, for reference)

XP Expenditure
Characteristics
- BS (simple, 250xp)
- INT (simple 250xp)
- AG (simple 100xp)

Skills
- Acrobatics (known, 100xp)
- Athletics (known 200xp)
- Awareness (known 200xp)
- Common Lore - Tech (known 200xp)
- Dodge (known 100xp)
- Scrutinity (known 100xp)
- Stealth (trained 600xp )
- Tech-Use (trained 200xp)
- Trade - Armourer (known 100xp)
- Trade - Prospector (known 100xp)

Talents
- Keen Intuition (300xp)
- Weapon-tech (200xp)

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No Img_0110

Description
Height 1,52m
Weight 40 kilos
Age 18 (they are adults very young, right? xD)
Skin very pale with dark blue freckles
Eyes light grey
Hair orange, red

Background (to be detailed)

- Background in her Tech-Career : (specializing in Stealth-Tech)

Character
Na'No has been rather reserved and shy. She has always kept out of difficult situations and observed situations. However, she was often at a disadvantage when it came to taking on tasks, she was usually better on paper, but did not have to convince through her charisma or personality. To overcome this misery, she is constantly working to be more open to the new and not to shy away from unknown things. Nonetheless, new situations can have an overwhelmingly affect on her. When things going tricky, she imagines she's a tough warrior, like her idol commander Shadowsun. From this, she draws strength to do things she would not otherwise dare to do. She is kind and hardworking. She draws strength from this when she withdraws and reads books or old writings. She prefers to work alone rather than in a team because she is an intorverted character. She works very conscientiously and properly. In doubt, she prefers to research longer to make sure that the best outcome can be guaranteed.

Character goals
Long-term
Na'No strives to have a stable character that knows how to assert itself. Her greatest desire is to develop stealth technology that is useful on the battlefield for those of the Fire Caste.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

'Tell me again how O'Shassera defeated the stupid Be'Gel!' Na'No looked hopefully through her tired little eyes in the direction of Ar'Tol 17. The drone whirred toward her and unrolled a hologram: Palying a record of the fight of the second sphere, in which Shas'O earned her Name Shadowsun. The drone talked about it exaggerating and glorifying how Shas'O outsmarted the orcs thanks to her tactics. The drone had played these and many more records for Na'No plenty of times. 'Someday I'll see Commander Shadowsun in person!' Na'No stammered softly as she hugged her Shadowsun rag doll tightly and fell asleep.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Na'No has always been unusually small and undersized for a member of the Fio. Too weak to honor the Earth Caste through hard work, she has focused on observing things and curiously absorbed all the data. Her unusually small and narrow stature has allowed her to find herself in the midst of the city's never-ending hustle and bustle. Finding the tiniest niches where she hid and simply watched the situation. It happens often that she remained partially at a time in one place for many Deks, only to look and learn. She always carried her portable holodeck with her, making notes and sketches whenever discover anything worth remembering. Even keeping data that others would find worthless information.

The constant hide-and-seek has led Na'No to escape in difficult situations and staying in a place where she could observe everything, but rarly intervene. She usually don't have to defend herself in combat, let alone be a true central hero on the battlefield. Although she has a basic training in handling weapons, she always prefers to retire, survey the situation, and then use her mind to find a solution.

- Wants to overcome her anxiety and
- Working together with other Earth Caste Members to gain experience
- thirsty for more information about tech and mechanics
- want to see more than the ever same crowded heated home planet
- is somehow talented; was suggested for more advanced operations

Her drone Ar'tol 17 was always by her side. Na'No obtained Ar'Tol when she was very young. The drone was quite broken, only able to play back audio and memories. Yet the drone had a very capable AI chip. Na'No tinkered around on her drone ever since, giving it the number as she made updates and progress on the drones capabilities. As a slightly socially awkward T'au she and her drone became something like best friens. [Ar'Tol is a T'au word for Computer/Artifical Intelligence]

always very tiny and small, have thing for stealth tech, likes to hide, shy, agile, charming when talking (which happens not all the time), naive, curious, more into thinking than 'hard-working'

Last edited by Litschi on Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:49 am; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 11:54 am

GM COMMENTS!

1) Characteristics: They look good. You can also replace the 26 for toughness with 29. Correct me if I am wrong, but these are the base numbers, right? You have not added on any of the bonuses that Caste and Classified competence gives you. Please do that when you have a chance.

It should be +3 to either Intelligence or Perception depending on the classified competence you take. Earth Caste will also grant +5 to Toughness and Intelligence/-5 to Agility.

2) Fate Points: You start with 2/2, but you have a small chance to boost this number. This is called the "Fate Threshold." That means: "- At PC Creation roll 1d10. On a result of 10, you begin with an additional (1) Fate Point which reflects your PC being particularly blessed by fate." So if you roll a natural 10, you start with 3/3 FPs.

3) Wounds: Tau starting wounds should be the same as Gue'vesa (forum rules). So, it is 1d5+8. You will start with 9/9 wounds.

4) Movement: Movement is based on your Agility Bonus. So if your Agility score was 30, your Agility Bonus would be the first digit: 3. There are four types of movement measured in meters: half move/full move/charge/run. With an agility bonus of 3, your movement is: 3m/6m/9m/18m

I'll stop there for now. Great work so far.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Litschi

Litschi

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Thanks for the hints - just done! Smile
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 1:20 pm

Perfect. OK, I made some changes to the formatting. I want you to take a look at them and if you absolutely hate it, you can change it:

I changed the characteristic scores from the left to the right because some things may affect them - such as when you purchase upgrades. We mark that with * marks and PC creation bonuses with +.

Next, I added all of the skills available to a PC in your skills section. The ones you are trained in I put in bold. If it is too hard to see, you can make it a different color. That lets me know you take no penalty for attempting those skill tests. As you upgrade, you will put a +10/20/30 next to the skill. How skills work is explained on page 94-95, DH2 Rulebook.

Also, with Operate you get to choose what type of vehicles you are good at operating: Surface (ground vehicles including walkers, skimmers, etc), Aeronautica (flying vehicles), Voidships (probably not this lol)

1) Carrying Capacity: This is explained on page 248 of the DH2 rulebook. You just take the sum of your Strength Bonus (2) and Toughness bonus (3) which is 5 and consult the chart. In your case it looks like this (carry/lift/push): 27 kg; 54 kg; 108 kg.

2) Description: This is a style thing. I usually prefer description/background all at the bottom. That way I can quickly access all of your crunch information first when checking the sheet. I prefer players put a lot of time into the details of description - make your character unique. I think this allows players to be more connected to them.

3) Talents: Resistance (Heat) is a talent, so you can list it under talents and get rid of "Benefits." I find it helpful to put a quick description of what each talent does. This will help you get more familiar with what your character is capable of. Just something quick and easy to remember.

For example, you could do something like this: Ambidextrous (PC can use off-hand without penalty).

Same for Traits. It is important to remember what the in-game effects of every trait is. Your bonus trait can be listed under the main Traits section.

4) Gear: Same as traits and talents, make a small section to show what these do. Tools can be found on page 175, DH2 Rulebook. So it should look like this: Nano-Tool (+10 to Tech-Use) and Labor Drone (Machine (3); Assists with Tech-Use).

5) Weapons: Add the following to Pulse Pistol (pistol; 40m; S/2/-; 2d10+5 E, pen 4; Gyro-Stabilized)

And I have done away with ammunition. We will use the new Wrath & Glory (new RPG) rules for ammunition/reloading. It is much more simple and straight forward. No more tracking ammo!!! YES!!!

6) APTITUDES: So, all Tau should have 7 aptitudes. I am only seeing 5 on your list. You should have 1 from Earth Caste (Either intelligence or knowledge - choose 1) and then 6 from Engineer. If you have two that are the same, then you can choose a different characteristic aptitude.

This section should look like this:

Aptitudes: General, Intelligence or Knowledge, Finesse, Intelligence, Knowledge, Perception, Tech.
XP: 3,000/0  (available/spent, for reference)
XP Expenditure:

So, it looks like whether or not you choose Intelligence OR Knowledge for Earth Caste, you will have a double. That's good news! It means you can choose another aptitude to replace the double. This can be any of the corresponding Characteristic aptitudes. So, you could choose the Toughness aptitude (because it is characteristic), but you could not choose Offense, for example.

Back to top Go down
Litschi

Litschi

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 3:45 pm

Alrighty, thanks for your detailed explanation. I hope I understood everything correct and added a few things. Still a lot background to add, especially for what she actually does right now. But except for the XP I think we made a great progress in writing down numbers Smile

thaaaanks!
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 12:53 pm

OK, the next step is to spend your 3,000 experience points. I believe there is a section in the book entitled "spending experience." I don't have my books with me, but I know it is there!

Experience allows you to learn and upgrade skills, upgrade your characteristic scores (which are the base for how good you are at the skills you know), as well as buy talents and increase your wounds.

How much something costs is based on aptitudes. Skills, Characteristics, and Talents all have two aptitudes attached to them. If you have both aptitudes, then the cost is very low. If you have only one matching aptitude, then the cost is medium. If you have no matching aptitudes, then the cost is very high.

Please look at page 81 in DH2 rulebook (I think) to learn more about the aptitudes for different characteristics and skills.

Please post any questions or any decisions on buying upgrades here. Good luck!

Back to top Go down
Litschi

Litschi

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Okay, let's see, if this will work. If there is nothing to add, I will post this to Na'Nos PC Sheet. Any feedback welcome anyhow ^^
Was not sure if it's smart to only update her skill in Tech-Use but this is required for Weapon-Tech and I really want her to know that as I imagine it was part of her schooling/training.

Characteristics
- BS +5 / 250xp
- Intelligence +5 /100xp
- Agility +5 /100xp

---- 450xp

Skills
- Acrobatics / 100xp
- Athletics / 200xp
- Awareness / 100xp
- Common Lore / 100xp
- Dodge / 200xp
- Operate / 200xp
- Scrutinity / 100xp
- Stealth 200xp
- Tech-Use +10 /200xp
- Trade - Armourer / 100xp
- Trade - Prospector / 100xp

---- 1.600xp

Talents
- Keen Intuition / 300xp
- Technical Knock / 200xp
- weapon-tech / 200xp
- Weapon-Training - Pulse (is this okay? was not in the rules) / 200xp

---- 900xp

3.000/2.950 xp
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Couple things:

You purchased Operate and Common Lore, but you did not specify which new Operate (aeronautica or voidcraft) or Common Lore (x) skill they are.

For talents, you start the game with Technical Knock as an Engineer. So, you don't need to buy it again. You also don't need Weapon Training (pulse) because Fire Caste Weapon Training covers that.

So that is 400 more XP to play with!

Back to top Go down
Litschi

Litschi

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 2:15 pm

Ah thats perfect. this way I dont need operate again. ^^ Thought I had to buy it for surface as well. Spending my 600xp this way:

Characteristics
- BS +5 / 250xp
- INT +5 /100xp
- AG +5 /100xp
- PER + 5 / 250xp

---- 700xp

Skills
- Acrobatics / 100xp
- Athletics / 200xp
- Awareness / 100xp
- Common Lore / 100xp
- Dodge / 200xp
- Scrutinity / 100xp
- Stealth / 200xp + 10 / 400xp <- think this will fit her background well
- Tech-Use +10 /200xp
- Trade - Armourer / 100xp

---- 1.800xp

Talents
- Keen Intuition / 300xp
- weapon-tech / 200xp

---- 500xp

3.000/3.000 xp spend everything now ^-^
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 1:34 pm

1) You may need to re-work some experience. Awareness is Perception/Fieldcraft, and you only have one of those aptitudes making the cost 200xp rather than 100.

2) Common Lore - You need to specify which common lore you are taking. Common Lore (war/chemistry/technology/etc.)

Back to top Go down
Litschi

Litschi

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 2:07 pm

Ah yeah, thanks for checking it again!

So it is
- AG + 5 / 200xp -> meant awareness skill

- Common Lore - Tech / 100 xp

- Trade - Armourerb / 100xp <- this will be cancelled

—— when this is clear i can finally add more background Very Happy

Last edited by Litschi on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 9:19 pm

Agility was fine because the two aptitudes are Agility/Finesse. And you have both of those.

You should know that I made a change to the Engineer role in my rules. Taking another player's advice, I changed the Engineer's "Knowledge" Aptitude to "Defense" instead, playing on their stout/toughness.

To keep things simple, I won't ask you to change any of your purchases, unless you want to. But moving forward, you will have Defense rather than the Knowledge aptitude. Any future purchases will need to bear that in mind.

Other than that, these purchases look good. I will put a few on your character sheet to see how they look; remember to apply them to your PC sheet after you write them down (characteristic scores go up by 5 and get an asterisk (*), skills become bolded, talents and descriptions added, and as you write them down the left XP amount will decrease and the right XP amount will increase. This way you can always keep track of how much you have left to spend and how much you have spent.

The rest you can do yourself! Cheers!

Back to top Go down
Litschi

Litschi

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 2:36 am

Okay. based on the changes in aptitudes i checked all xp again. there will be some changes (bye bye knowledge):

Characteristics
- BS +5 / 250xp
- INT +5 /250xp, costs higher
- AG +5 /100xp
- PER + 5 / 250xp, remove this

---- 600xp

Skills
- Acrobatics / 100xp
- Athletics / 200xp
- Awareness / 200xp
- Common Lore - Tech / 200xp, costs higher
- Dodge / 100xp, costs lower
- Scrutinity / 100xp
- Stealth / 200xp + 10 / 400xp
- Tech-Use +10 /200xp
- Trade - Armourer / 100xp, add this

---- 1.900xp

Talents
- Keen Intuition / 300xp
- weapon-tech / 200xp

---- 500xp

0/3,000 xp
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 8:52 am

You're a trooper. That looks great! Add all of it when you are ready.

Some general comments: I think this is a very good build. It touches on your sneakiness and natural agility. You are also a giant nerd - with labor drone assist/nano-tool you are testing tech use at a +30 base. That's pretty good.

Moving forward, think about acquiring some more skills/gear/wounds to help keep you alive during combat. A high dodge is great, but it is also good to be able to soak damage when you fail a dodge. That means boosting toughness (toughness acts as a damage soak), buying the sound constitution talent (which boosts wounds), trying to acquire maybe some light body armor, etc etc.

Anytime you think a situation calls for a skill, or want to use a particular skill, just ask in the game OOC and we can work it out.

Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 4:45 pm

150 XP added to your sheet for your awesome artistic contributions!

Back to top Go down
Litschi

Litschi

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 9:01 am

yeaassss Very Happy i should do this more often and Na'No will be terrific someday ⊂(◉‿◉)つ
Back to top Go down
Litschi

Litschi

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 1:21 pm

update

I messed up my PC sheet somehow. My latest update was from Jul, 23, was no bonus for PER but +5 for AG. I will change this now for my PC now. Sorry guys u.u
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 6:38 pm

Christmas Gift:

Apply XP now and you will find your item sometime during gameplay. Merry Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Litschi

Litschi

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 8:26 am

Aww woowza. Need to check that XP stuff at my home PC but domo arigato and happy new year :3
Back to top Go down
Litschi

Litschi

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 1:48 pm

600xp available

200xp - Medicae (Intelligence, Fieldcraft) lvl known
400xp - Medicae (Intelligence, Fieldcraft) lvl trained

--- 0 xp available

Background:
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 9:54 pm

This looks good. Go ahead and update your PC sheet whenever you are ready.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No   Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No Empty

Back to top Go down

Fio'La Sa'Cea Na'No
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: The Graveyard :: The Edge of Expansion (PCs)-
Jump to: