A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ray Carswell - Ice Cream Truck Driver

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

Ray Carswell - Ice Cream Truck Driver Empty
PostSubject: Ray Carswell - Ice Cream Truck Driver   Ray Carswell - Ice Cream Truck Driver EmptySun Jun 24, 2018 2:11 pm

Name: Raymond "Ray" Carswell
Languages: English
Bennies: 3/3

Agility: d6
Smarts: d6
Spirit:  d8
Strength: d6
Vigour: d6
*0 left to spend from PC creation

Pace: Crouch: 3" (6m), Walk: 6" (12m), Run: 6" +1d6.
Parry: 2
Toughness: 5
Charisma: -2 (0 among "my own people" per stubborn hindrance)

Skills:
Driving - agility (d8)
Notice - smarts (d6 +2)
Shooting - agility (d10)
Repair - smarts (d6)
Knowledge - smarts (history) (d6)
Survival (smarts) (d4)

Hindrances:
Delusional (major): Ray has spent several years believing in every conspiracy theory in the book. His view of the world is now rather warped and disconnected from reality.
Stubborn (minor): Ray does not like to admit when he's wrong and tends to piss off everyone around him as a result. He also rarely ever backs down in a fight.
Outsider (minor): In addition to the roleplaying effects above, your hero’s Charisma suffers a –2 modifier among all but his own people.

Spoiler:

Edges:
Alertness: He’s very observant and perceptive, and adds +2 to his Notice rolls to hear, see, or otherwise sense the world around him.

Gear:
Backpack
Bedroll
Canteen
Flashlight
Flint + Steel
Camo fatigues
Hiking Boots
Glock
Billy Club

67 left over to buy bullets but I don't understand how much bullets cost.

Item request from GM: garbage bag with holes cut in it to serve as a pancho, as well as a few other garbage bags tucked in my backpack.

Description:

Ray is an oddball, to say the least. He's an ice cream truck driver, and owns the business of this sole ice cream truck. It's a run-down beater of a truck that he's been driving for the last twenty years, doing all maintenance and repairs on it himself. He's a slightly overweight, shabby guy in his early 50s. However, he is reasonably strong.

He was married, but his wife divorced him for reasons that he's still trying to figure out. Ultimately, she was fed up with him being a little too distant and not doing enough to help out around the house. He also worked a little too hard and wasn't around to spend time with their daughter Emilie at all, something he deeply regrets. He hasn't talked to his daughter in several years now as she cut off contact with him. He is now hoping to find her now that the world has gone to shit to make amends and double check to see if she's still alive, but he knows deep down that he will probably never find her, and that if he does, she is probably dead.

Ray's blue collar employment belies the fact that is fairly knowledgeable history buff. He has also read a fair amount about ancient greece, ancient rome, Medieval Europe, and more recently, American history. His reading on modern American history led him to start looking into conspiracy theories. Already being an ostracized, isolated figure, he took to these conspiracies rather quickly, believing that the government was run by reptilians, that they were probably the ones behind the zombie apocalypse, and that somewhere out there some bureaucratic big wigs are living the high life. He believes aliens most likely lived among us, or at least were studied in top secret government research facilities. Of course, all of these conspiracies provided convenient excuses for why everything in the world was so fucked. Everything fit neatly and tightly together, and overall, he felt like he had a good read on how the world worked. Now he's not so sure.

Feeling as if the world was going to shit more and more, he began preparing for the apocalypse. After being abandoned by his wife and daughter, he descended even further into doomsday prepping, using it as something of an escape. People only started to give him weirder and weirder looks, and he found it harder to connect with people who were so unconcerned with the coming apocalypse.

However, the disintegration of society has not exactly met his expectations - he spent far more time at the shooting range and stockpiling ammunition than he did studying agriculture or first aid, for example. The grim smugness he felt at correctly anticipating the apocalypse is slowly being replaced with a sad longing for the world that's been left behind...it was a lot easier to sit around the tube with a can of Miller High Life and contemplate the prospect of FEMA camps than it is to navigate the realities of societal collapse.

Ray Carswell - Ice Cream Truck Driver KHm45TuP_400x400

he/him

Last edited by bobarctor1977 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:48 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ray Carswell - Ice Cream Truck Driver   Ray Carswell - Ice Cream Truck Driver EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 11:01 am

1) Attributes look good. Thanks for confirming you spent two from Hindrances on an upgrade.

2) Parry should be 2.

3) Toughness is 2 +1/2 vigor (3), so 5 for Ray.

4) Add in descriptors of what your edges/hindrances do. If hindrances don't come with a description, just make something quick up. I want these to be RPd.

5) Skills. Math is off here and I believe the confusion comes from where you have placed your "starting die." You start from, and have to pay for, d4 in any skill you want regardless of what your linked attribute is. For example, you don't start with driving a d6 because your agility is d6. You still must start at d4, pay for that (1 pt) and then an additional point up until you match your linked attribute score. Anything after that is 2 pts.

So driving d4 (1 pt), d6 (1 pt), d8 (2 pts) = 4 pts total.

Your current total is 21 pts spent.

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
Iron and Metal
Admin
Iron and Metal

PostSubject: Re: Ray Carswell - Ice Cream Truck Driver   Ray Carswell - Ice Cream Truck Driver EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 11:40 am

While the total spent looks good now, the count is still off.

Driving - agility (d6) 3 pt Should be 2 pts spent total. d4 (1 pt), d6 (1 pt)

Notice - smarts (d6) 3 pt Same.

Shooting - agility (d10) 7 pt 6 pts spent. d4 (1), d6 (1), d8 (2), d10 (2).

Repair - smarts (d6) 3 pt 2 spent.

Knowledge - smarts (history) (d4) 1 pt This look good.

Having said all that, you can take away the points spent now that we have it sorted.

If you want to just add the +2 to notice from your edge, do so. This will never change.
Ex: Notice (Smarts): d6+2

Post Avail: Daily over Summer
Back to top Go down
https://playbypostgaming.forumotion.com
bobarctor1977

bobarctor1977

PostSubject: Re: Ray Carswell - Ice Cream Truck Driver   Ray Carswell - Ice Cream Truck Driver EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 7:37 pm

By your math then I still have 4 points left to spend so I bumped my knowledge up to a d6 and my driving up to d8. That check out?

EDIT: and bought survival, though it was tempting to use it to spend another $500 and get myself an m16.

he/him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ray Carswell - Ice Cream Truck Driver   Ray Carswell - Ice Cream Truck Driver Empty

Back to top Go down

Ray Carswell - Ice Cream Truck Driver
Page 1 of 1