A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weapons from the Horus Heresy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
callume26

Weapons from the Horus Heresy Empty
PostSubject: Weapons from the Horus Heresy   Weapons from the Horus Heresy EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 4:12 pm

Weapons from the Horus Heresy Screen10

This is from a Deathwatch game of my own that I ran several years ago, where my players were Heresy-era Astartes that found themselves in the 41st Millennium. I had no idea how to balance then (still don't now), so any comments/suggestions would be appreciated!

Iron and Metal likes this post

Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

Weapons from the Horus Heresy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons from the Horus Heresy   Weapons from the Horus Heresy EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 4:34 pm

I guess there are two things to think about for balancing. What renown level are they for requisition and also is anything over powered and should be reviewed (which might not be the case if its given a high enough renown requirement).

I'd start by comparing the listed weapons against similar weapons in the existing armoury and then assign it an appropriate renown rating. For example the auto cannon, is it better than a h.bolter but not as good as an assault cannon might means it gets a respected renown rating sitting inbetween them.

The ranged weapons need rate of fire added as that seems missing and will affect their 'power level' by a fair amount.

Deflagurate (sp) looks to be very powerful!

Iron and Metal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Weapons from the Horus Heresy
Page 1 of 1