A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sebastion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

Sebastion Empty
PostSubject: Sebastion   Sebastion EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 12:11 pm

D&D Beyond link

Appearance
Sebastion 500px-Tiefling2

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 160 lbs
Build: Rangy
Skin: Pale Red
Hair: Ruddy Brown
Eyes: Crimson
Speech Colour

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personality:

Background:
A moment of passion between his mother a scullery maid and a Tiefling lord who she'd caught the eye of produced Sebastion. Born into slavery to a powerful warlock of the Venomous Demesne, his life was harsh and he was treated poorly. He knew no different though, there were some who served and others who ruled. He worked as a cook and a stable hand.

The only ray of light in his existence was Sabrina, his love. She worked the kitchens and their initial shy glances at each other soon turned into loving tenderness and passion sought in brief moments of respite.

He and his love knew a quiet spot where they met to let their passions run wild. During such a trist they were discovered by some cowled figures who had gathered in their secret place, before discovery they whipsered about dark deeds and while not many specifics were mentioned they did speak of the Dust Motes, Khyber and the mournland. Anymore than that was a jumble. At their discovery the cowled figures were incensed that their meeting had been discovered. He and his love were tortured in front of each other and she was eventually slain, her body left in front of him as he hung from chains within a dungeon cell.
He was left for days just hanging there until her corpse began to stink. He'd neither been fed or watered. He eventually broke, he would do anything to gain the power to strike back.
He was heard by the Raven Queen, she was attracted to Sebastions plea by the strength of his emotions, his loss and the tragedy of the situation. To that end, she dispatched shadar-kai who broke Sebastion free.

I'd like my familiar to be a raven who returns the trinkets and mementos I gather to the Raven Queen.

Here's what you overheard from the shadowy figures before they tortured you. And what's more disturbing, the figure that tortured you looked exactly like your lover. And she said her torturer looked exactly like you.

Through a short conversation, you overheard only bits and pieces of incomplete sentences. You've garnered the words "none worthy here" "The Dust Motes" and the phrase "The rage of war turns near White Arch." After that moment, both figures looked directly where the two of you were hiding.

You would later find that the White Arch is the name of a bridge which was burned down that used to connect Thaliost and Rekkenmark in Karrnath.

Goals:
Find out more about the Dust Motes
Find out more about Mournland
Who were the cowled figures who sentenced him and his love to death
Serve the Raven Queen, collect mementos, such as trinkets, memories from the living and sometimes the souls of the dead. Particularly of those associated to loss and tragedy.

Last edited by Carnelian on Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:00 pm; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

Sebastion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sebastion   Sebastion EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 7:26 am

https://orokos.com/roll/876622 = 18, 13, 13, 13, 17, 13
Patron - The Raven Queen http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/warlock:hexblade
Raven Queen - https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Raven_Queen

Worth noting that Rakshasa like Kkressd may not be slain, when their mortal form perishes they are immediately reborn in Khyber and make the trek back to the surface of Eberron. Also, you're not required to pick the Raven Queen as your hexblade patron, and thought you're more than welcome to, I'll be making some changes to her lore to better fit the Eberron setting. That said, here's a nice big set of questions. Also note, I'll be awarding magic items and other goodies depending on how completely and interestingly you answer these:

- I've changed this to some unknown figures we hid from and were discovered by in the Venomous Demesne. I'd still like to retain the links to the Dust Motes its just that I know nothing about them apart from the name that the knowledge off sentenced me to death
- I like the themes of the Raven Queen and how we made a connection (emotion / loss / tragedy), perhaps I'll make a few tweaks based on what you alter.

1. These next couple are to help you finish off your backstory. First off is your birth. We're you born a tiefling, or transformed by someone/thing?

1a. If you were born a tiefling, it is likely that you were born into the Venomous Demesne as we originally spoke about. But to be placed under the ownership of fiends requires more wrongdoing than simple worship. What happened to you here that made your family/state relinquish your freedom?

- I was given up into slavery as a young boy. My family owed a powerful warlock of the Venomous Demesne, it was a small thing but the Warlock was callous and cruel and demanded they give up their first born or they'd all be slain.

1b. Alternatively, you may have been captured by the Dust Motes (or a similarly evil group and traded) and corrupted by their influence. By whom, when, and how were you taken under the influence of the Dust Motes? Who were you before you were corrupted?

Note that you may well have been born a tiefling and captured by the Dust Motes, or however you want to put it. These are more to get you thinking about your backstory and less meant to be set-in-stone options to choose from.

2. Your lover, give me the deets. Who was she? How long had you known her? How did she end up a slave? What wrongdoing brought the Dust Motes' judgment upon her?

- Larna was an average looking human in most eyes, apart from when she smiled. It was rich, heart warming and made you smile back. To Sebastion she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. For a year until that fateful day they snatched whatever happiness they could, all forbidden by the houses master. Larna was captured by Sebastions master in a raid. She couldn't say why her farm was attacked but it was. Her family slain. Ultimately she was discovered along with Sebastion, they had heard to much. Her torture was long, her death delayed as long as possible.

3. How long ago were you freed from the Dust Motes? They are a VERY VERY secret organization, and they wouldn't let you live given the option. You would need to keep very close watch on yourself, as a race of shape-shifting, politically entrenched, immortal demons are quite difficult to get off your trail.

- not relevant with changed background.

4. What did you do for them as their slave? For you to know their true identities would require a higher role than grunt work. You would need to be some manner of direct agent of the Dust Motes, aware of their ability and some inkling (not a true idea) of their plans for the region.

For my master I worked in the kitchens and looked after the animals (horses I guess). I took cooking utensils as a tool and animal handling to cover this side.

5. How did the war effect you, your lover, and your masters? Was it something they wanted? Incited? Or something they worked around? All were effected by the war, and many had direct contact, but unless directly sent to a battlefield, you likely avoided most conflict.

- I need to look into what involvement Venomous Demesne had or you can fill me in on some snippets?

6. What have you done following your relief from the Dust Motes? How have your duties changed from the Dust Motes to the Raven Queen?

- The Last War has left its tragic impact on all nations; Sebastion seeks out trinkets, mementos and memories of those impacted for the Raven Queen. He also seeks out knowledge of the Dust Motes; why did simple knowledge off them sentence him and his love to death?

7. Finally, what brought you to Askelios? At this point, the party is about to join a resistance force to free Thaliost (the old capital of Aundair) from the neighboring nation of Thrane. You're welcome to be a preexisting member of this group, or to simply be in the area, but you will need a reason to travel with them. Feel free to read the IC to get a little help with this.

For me queen certainly... some trinket from some (un)dead might interest her? Rumours of survivors of mournland if a possibility? I can expand on this if feasable for Askelios / Thaliost ?

Last edited by Carnelian on Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:57 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Murcurie
Admin
Murcurie

Sebastion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sebastion   Sebastion EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 8:31 pm

By my math, that second 13 ought to be a 12. The rest of it looks good, check discord for some Q's to answer for the rest of your equipment. Welcome to the party Sebastion.
Back to top Go down
Carnelian
Senpai
Carnelian

Sebastion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sebastion   Sebastion EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 5:19 am

Murcurie wrote:
By my math, that second 13 ought to be a 12. The rest of it looks good, check discord for some Q's to answer for the rest of your equipment. Welcome to the party Sebastion.

You're correct, I've amended my stats. I've changed up my high level background a bit based on some of your feedback. I've also started to answer a few of the questions which I've posted above.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sebastion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sebastion   Sebastion Empty

Back to top Go down

Sebastion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: The Khyber War - D&D 5e Eberron (Game Thread) :: The Khyber War - D&D 5e Eberron (PCs)-
Jump to: