A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Solodice

Solodice

Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) Empty
PostSubject: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 10:29 pm

[Continued from Ghibelline.]

The 13th Station of Passage was the main artery of travel for those entering and exiting the Screaming Vortex. Many didn't care for the exact nature of how the passage worked or why it was here but one thing was for certain. Whatever caused it the Passage was connected to the Calixis Sector, Jericho Reach, and the Krononus Expanse. Some put the pieces together and understood that the 13th Station of Passage was the confluence of the Screaming Vortex and the Maw.

The name was misleading. The 13th Station of Passage was no void station or object. It was a vast region of empty void that only those touched by the warp could see and sense. Nowadays it's a well known location by Vortex denizens. Its immediate marker was that of the countless mass of dead bodies that formed around it like a halo. Sacrifices and tribute to the Passage for safe travel.

The Holy Curse crew have made this trip countless of times and the offered sacrifice was a large ceremony. Out of the oldest surviving crew members one of them volunteered. It was considered an honor to serve the ship and its captain one last time in a meaningful way instead of wasting away in old age. The ship would devolve into chaotic revelry and hedonistic displays. This was once a ship dedicated to Slaanesh and that culture never really died out even with Frederick and Levatine being removed.

Finally, the sacrifice was carried out. A large smile spread across a drugged to the gills crewman as they slowly died in the void. The 13th Station of Passage was then transited and the Holy Curse entered Imperium Space.

++++

The Holy Curse deposited the Storm-Eagle above Sepheris Secundus and kept its course bypassing the planet. Landing a heretic frigate on the planet was going to raise too many alarms. Starting small and building up for its return was the most optimal plan. Red Beard said he'd keep busy raiding the trade lanes but would be within "reach" if the resources of the Holy Curse was needed.

Orozco, Wyk, Sarge, Cashmere, and Logan with his Talax bodyguard were strapped in next to Archimedes.

[Time to flex them Alpha Legionnaire muscles! How Archimedes wants to go at Sepheris Secundus is totally up to him. I do have some pointers to get things started if needed though:

- Legwork to establish factions, groups, leaders, and especially those Archimedes needs to target or can possibly use.
- Establish a base or at least a network of locations so he can bring in the Holy Curse's resources without raising alarms across the planet.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 11:47 pm

Archimedes watches the blurred terrain of Sepheris Secundus slip by the viewport.

He then turns to the other accompanying him to the surface.
"Ok, remember that while we set up our network that this is ultimatly a raid. We will be setting up dissidence within and without. Once that discontent reaches a fever pitch, we will strike at the heart of the enemy while they are so distracted. We will take the treasures we want, and leave the planet in chaos and confusion. We first need to establish how to go about doing this. Cashmere, Sarge, I want you to scout out the local terrain. Find out how the citizens fare, if there is any fracture between the nobility and the common folk. What can we use to drive a knife into the gap and divide it further. Orozco, I know your body is still tin and iron, but I want that nind of your to feel out for untested psykers. Does this planet hold a tight leash on its psychic population or are there those that have gone to ground in fear? Logan, I suppose you will be able to gain superficial access to any technical facilities with just your look. Maybe you can find out how adherent the adeptus mechanicus are here. Will they be willing to shift their leaning to a more deviant form of worship? Wyk...."

He paused. Wyk and he were astartes, and the least likely to be able to walk around freely. He could circumvent that with his enhanced stealth and subversion training. But Wyk was a wild card. He had though of sending him with Cashmere and Sarge as a bodyguard. But his presence might raise some eyebrows.

He opens a vox link, for a private chat.
"Out of everyone here, I know the least about you Wyk. I care little about your goals so long as they do not complicate the mission. But I need to know where your strengths and weaknesses lie. Where can you best be utilized?"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 3:21 pm

[Perfect start.]

Archimedes quickly remembered that Wyk was a mute as he started to sign at him. Sarge had taught him the language so he was able to understand what he was saying.

I'm a killer. Not a subtle one either. I can wage a one man war against who ever you send me against. I can seed terror among the lowest to the highest ranks of society. If you want a message delivered in the most gruesome method I'd be more than happy to deliver it. My weaknesses would be using me for anything less than killing or intimidating whatever is in your way.

[Need an Intelligence +0% from Archimedes before I do the rolls for his party's legwork.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 7:41 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 10:44 pm

[Archimedes INT success will give a +20% to everyone's legwork rolls.]

Cashmere and Sarge:

Orozco:

Logan Goldhand:
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 10:03 pm

Archimedes takes in the reports as they come in. Only Cashmere and Sarge had afavorable result. Orozco's had potentia to urn up something later and Logan's had nothing.

After seeing the state of society, Logan result was not surprising.

"Ok, here is my plan primaris:
Sarge and Cashmere will begin to foment rebellion. They will stir up the people towards their painmasters. Logan, is there a way we can manufacture better weapons for a rebellion? Once Sarge and Cashmere have people ready to trust us to liberate them, we will have a base of operations in which to begin. While that is taking place, we will also attack convoys of ore, pillage any guards of their weapons. This will drive a further divide between the nobles and the populace as they tighten their grip. More guards means more weapons with which to steal to supply the growing rebellion. We will need a way to disable or stall arbites deployment until things are out of control. Logan, what ways have we to disable any transports they may have? Setting activation bombs is tried and true, but I would hate to deprive you of you talents."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 9:48 pm

Logan:

"Manufacture any weapons of value at this planet's tech level? No. We'll need to bring in outside support for that. Might I simply suggest we just take what we need. The Royal Scourges or the Adeptus Arbites should have an extensive arsenal. Enough to kick start a rebellion at the very least. As for inhibiting the arbites we could do that ourselves. In one swell swoop we could take the weapons we need and disrupt the arbites ability to respond to future unrest."

Orozco:

"I'd like to continue to look for possible psykers. Even untrained and unwieldy users of the warp would be a massive boon for us. A few incidents or possibly even demon incursions could heavily distract the government and the arbites from us and our budding rebellion. I might even be able to mold some of the psykers we find into something better. Ones that could help keep the rebellion alive and well even after we're long gone."

Cashmere:

"I see our starting move by eliminating some of the barons that hold sway over the local populace. There's only so much resentment we can stir up with these overlords still in power. If we show they're vulnerable and are not as powerful as they appear to be we'll easily become the liberators that the people want."

[Archimedes is free to voice his opinion on these suggestions and for which ones to go forward. He will need to choice one course of action that he'll directly help with.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 8:00 pm

The thinks hard on what Logan is purposing.
"Its a tall order to remove the arbites threat by ourselves. Even if we are able to gain access to their precinct fortress. Even removing their riot vehicles and heavy weapons from the picture, they will outnumber and outgun us inside. Does the precinct fortress follow STC designs? If so then maybe we can set explosives in key places and trap them inside their own tomb."

To Orozco:
"Keep the search for psykers if you wish. If you find something then let me know."

Cashmere had the most sensible opinion, barring Orozco's success.
"I like that idea. Ill need you to find out any routines they take away from their residences. Complacency is key to making that happen."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 10:58 pm

Logan:

"It follows the basic fortress precinct layout. I can get my guard to scrounge up some explosives from the Disassemblers Guild or at least the materials to make some."

Orozco:

"Will do."

++++

Archimedes patiently waited for Cashmere to return with the info he desired. She was back within two days.

"We have the perfect opportunity." She said climbing aboard the parked Storm Eagle which served as Archimedes temporary command center for the moment. "Barons will take excursions from their pitiful castles and keeps to survey the commons and the serfs under their rule. They travel with heavy protection but nothing that can stop us."

Sarge sat up from a makeshift hammock she had constructed within the Storm Eagle. "Would be quite a sight if we do a public assassination. Can get up closer and personal or do something at range." A thought came to her. "Hell, we even do something more elaborate. Take out a few barons at once. Get one outside of their fortress and hit the others in there's at once. Show they're not safe anywhere. Show the serfs they are just as vulnerable as they are."

Wyk said nothing. He kept his attention on adjusting the teeth and motor of his chain greatsword.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 6:47 pm

Archimedes was surprised at the boldness of Sarge's idea. It had merit.

He nods, "Yes. A strike like that would send a clear message to the people. Now to decide which target will be first. If we strike the arbites first, then the nobles will lack protection but be on edge, they will expect something. On the other hand, if we attack the nobles first, it will bring alert the arbites to our presence. Opinions?
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 10:24 pm

Cashmere folded her arms under her cloak. "Why not draw the arbites out? If they're focused down near the Gorgonid Mine they'll have depleted numbers at their precinct. Might be the perfect time to catch them and cut their legs out from underneath them."

Logan Goldhand came walking up the ramp of the Strike Eagle having heard the whole conversation from before. "Would be quite the escalation. Hitting the barons and arbites is going to cause chaos but I'm sure it'd attract other eyes to this planet. I'd welcome more poor souls to add to our body count though."

"If it works it could cause a domino effect. First the barons, then the arbites, then the royal scourges. Finally anyone else who comes to fix the problem. A lasting cycle of chaos." Sarge said sliding out of her hammock. "But we'll be long gone at that point."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 6:56 pm

He nods, "So first we kill the barons, then draw the arbites out and crush them while the nest has a cheap garrison?"

They had all contributed, and done well in the process. Now they just had to carry out the plan.

"Cashmere, how will you draw the arbites out to the Gorganid mine?

Now, with the skeleton of a plan in place, he had to set the pieces for a checkmate.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 10:17 pm

"I was hoping that our actions against the barons would draw them out." Cashmere answered.

Logan shook his head. "Arbites might see themselves as the ultimate force of law and order but they only get involved in major incidents. They might see attacks on the barons and an internal issue and leave it up to the Queen and her royal scourges to fix. They'll step in if that doesn't work but I doubt they do it sooner."

"What could get the arbites to respond?" Sarge asked Logan.

"Something that involves a chaos cult or just a cult in general. They live to stomp those out. That's outside my area of expertise though. I imagine our psyker in a jar would be a better expert." Logan quipped.

Orozco wasn't around. He was off looking for psykers for their cause. Could wait and see what he returned with or they could kick off their operation in the hopes that the arbites would respond.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 8:40 pm

Logan brought up a good point, albeit unknowingly. Whether or not Orozco had any sympathies for the dark gods was not known; what mattered the most was that his quest for vengeance served Archimedes purpose. Him going off mission to do some chaos ritual would not happen when the vaults still existed.

"We should move now. Our plan is to kill the barons en masse at their rich man's convention."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:32 pm

Move they did. Everyone knew what they had to do. Logan and his men had one baron. Sarge and Wyk there's. Cashmere had hers and Archimedes had his. In the ensuing chaos they'd hit other barons if the opportunity presented itself.

++++

Gorgonid Mine was a large shanty city surrounding an open air mine. It was repugnant, dirty, and deathly quiet. The only sounds coming from the howling winds and the sounds of work down in the mine itself. Crowds of serfs marched to a from the lip of the mine as they came and went to their shifts of hard labor.

The baron castles weren't much to look at either. Most were poor attempts at trying to look regal and instead just looked imposing and brutish. Colorful banners and flags that tried desperately to distract you from the rusty metal and plain plasteel finishes.

One interesting and unfortunate fact for Archimedes was that no serf buildings could be taller than a certain height. Sniper spots weren't a thing here unless one made it to the top spires of one of the castles.

Tracking his target would be easy though. The procession leaving from the castle would be large and vibrant. The trick was getting close enough for the kill.

[How does Archimedes want to do this? His plan will influence rolls and their difficulty.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 9:15 pm

Archimedes knew that sniping was not an option here. It was no matter.

It even played into his hands. These barons were complacent, and complacency bred inefficiency. He would use that inefficiency to foster seed of rebellion.

First, he had to find a good ambush point from which he could hide. He trusted his ability to hide better than the guards' ability to find him. So he would hide and wait until the exposed caravan passed by, then he would make his move.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 10:03 pm

[Another -20% because of the crowds of workers. Archimedes still passes the test.]

Archimedes found the perfect spot. Somewhere away from the workers. It was an open sewage slit. He filtered between the shadows of worker shacks and blended himself into the rocks when needed until he could roll into the slit.

His sealed armor kept out the sewage, his helmet filtering out the smell, and his camo cloak blending him in perfectly. He'd need to deep clean everything later but right now it gave him an excellent ambush position. The guards wouldn't suspect a thing (who hides in a sewage slit?)

He could see the procession making its way around. One could miss the vibrant but slightly ragged banners being swayed about and the smoke being billowed about to mask the smell of the workers and surrounding environment. Nor could one miss the chair holding the baron in all his narcissistic regal glory.

The procession entered into optimal range. If there was a time to strike it was now.

[Archimedes has the surprise round. The baron is 40 meters away.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 11:34 pm

Archimedes takes aim. At 40 m away the shot would not be too difficult.
This example, along with his comrade's, would incite the fires of rebellion and the Arbites would be hard pressed with no leadership caste to take orders from.

The baron was under his sights now. All it would take was the right time.
Wait.....wait.....wait.....

Spoiler:

The sudden boom of the bolter sent the scene into a state of shock.

That was his moment. He emerged from his hiding place, and increased his helmets external vox to max.
"Citizen of Sepheris Secundus. Listen! Too long have you toiled under the whip of fat barons. They feast on the gravy of your labor while you oil the jaws of their ambition with the blood of your children. Rise! Take for yourselves what these Barons deny you - Your dignity!"

As soon as he made the speech he started firing relentlessly towards the baron's entourage. If he was lucky his would get some important aides, or maybe even an heir.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 11:46 pm

[Roll for initiative!]

Initiative:
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 8:09 pm

Spoiler:

Archimedes fires bolt after bolt of fury on the crowded attendants of the late baron.

He rarely used the precious ammo so haphazardly, but the terror and brutality of it was something he had to take advantage of.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 10:15 pm

What was supposed to be an assassination turned into an event. An event of chaos. Archimedes didn't just turn the baron into a red mist. The baron's whole retinue joined him in the cloud of gore and blood.

Most the workers scattered but there were those that heard Archimedes words. They stood and watched. Some he could see were even laughing.

Chaos had come to Sepheris Secundus.

Baron Assassinations:

++++

The plan was always to hit and run. A rendezvous point was picked out away from the storm bird just in case anyone was followed. Archimedes was the first to arrive.

Everyone else returned with successful missions under their belts. Sarge and Wyk had dispatched their target. Cashmere hers. Then Logan and his men returned drenched in blood from head to toe.

Logan had a large grin gracing his face and Archimedes could see why. Five heads were draped across his chest on an improvised chain bandoleer.

"Blood for the Blood God!" Him and his men shouted. "This will be a day Sepheris Secundus will never forget. Did you all see the fires around the mine? Looks like the serfs are finishing what we started."

"Hopefully it gets the attention of either the royal scourges or the arbites." Cashmere said.

"If they do come what then? We can't take them on by ourselves. It might be time to establish contact with those that can help the serfs. They're the ones that'll need it as history has shown when the royal scourges come the serfs are just mowed down." Sarge said.

Heads turned towards Archimedes looking for an answer.

[800 XP. +5 Infamy.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 9:03 pm

Archimdes beamed with pride, though from behind his helm they couldn't see, which suited him just fine.

"Excellent work. We have pulled the rug out from under them. Now we proceed to start an uprising. Cashmere is the most suited for this task I think. See if you can set up a meeting with some ringleaders. If there are no ringleaders, gather a mob and we will find some. Sarge can provide security. Keep in contact with me and keep me posted. Sarge, I think you and your men can incite some chaos in lower levels? You and Wyk should be able to keep any overburdened law from bearing down on the meeting. More blood."

Of course he wouldn't be idle while they were doing this. He planned on keeping an eye on Cashmere and Sarge to provide support or direction if needed.

Before any of this happened he needed to make a visit to Orozco.

Later:

Archimedes approaches Orozco in his Automaton prison. "Good news from the outside. That's good for us as I wish to conclude the crew's bloodlust and pillage fever so we can continue to hunt down the vaults. Is there anything you require that I might find on this ball of rock?"
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptySun Oct 31, 2021 9:27 pm

Archimedes found Orozco back at the storm eagle camp. He had returned from his trip and empty handed. It was hard to tell his mood as a brain didn't express facial features nor did his automaton body relay body language.

"Bringing in some reluctant psykers would be of a great help." He voiced through the jars speakers. "I found a few that have escaped the baleful eye of the Imperium but reasoning with them is a chore in my current condition. They have taken a liking to Nurgle and have a relationship with the mutants that call themselves the Granite Crown. A relationship that seems to be inhibiting their ability to see a greater calling."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 7:27 pm

"What do you know of this 'Granite crown'? My current training on various cults and teachings is not as knowledgeable as it had once been."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 10:12 pm

"The Granite Crown is a mutant cult. It is very old and has been on this planet since before the Imperium was born after the Great Crusade. They rule the underground caverns but not with an iron fist. They're very hands off but when needed they remind the mutant shatterchiefs that they are the ones they pay fealty to. The cult itself is made up of six lords with about equal power. As far as I know the lords are almost impossible to find. One, from being so deep underground in unexplored caverns or abandoned mines. Two, the deeper you go the more mutants you'll run across and they don't like outsiders." Bubbles rose within the jar. "The psykers don't have direct contact with the Granite Crown. A representative has been their go between. The cult has been using the psykers to research mutations and diseases. Something the nurglings enjoy to much and have become enthralled with the Granite Crown because of it."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 11:13 pm

He nods enthusiastically, or at least, seemingly enthusiastically.

"I think Ill find this go-between for you. If we can get something going there, all the better. If not, It will be hard for the authorities to figure out who is the heretic and who is the loyal citizen. Everyone looks alike when rendered to paste."

With that, he moves back to make preparations to go back into the wilds.

He follows Cashmere and Sarge at a distance, making sure to keep himself hidden from view. He either didn't want to be seen at all, or only when necessary.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 10:30 pm

He followed behind Sarge and Cashmere as they made there way back into Gorgonid. They never noticed Archimedes following them. He split off from them though and he slithered his way through the, now war torn, sections of the commons. Baronial forces were out trying to put out a fire that wasn't going to be stopped. The sight of the barons being nothing more than mortal men gave the serfs a morale support that wasn't going to break. The barons didn't know it yet but they had already lost. The only thing that could save them was either the Arbites or the Royal Scourges. Both those forces were nowhere to be seen. Archimedes was no fool though and he knew those in power were watching what was happening. They wouldn't move until they needed to. That gave him and his cohorts time.

Archimedes slipped into one of the exposed mine faces and descended into the black depths.

[Give me a Navigate (Surface) -20% and Survival +10%.]
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 11:03 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 4:42 pm

Archimedes was lost. He tried to follow signage and markings but they were inconstant or even contradictory in their meanings. Even his attempts to track anything only lead him further down into the maze of mine shafts and corridors with no progress of finding his intended target.

One thing Archimedes was sure of down here was that his every move was being watched. He caught glimpses of things in the shadows scurrying about trying to avoid his gaze. Then there were ones that were bigger... almost the size of him that lurked nearby. They never approached of revealed themselves. Whether this was instinctual or someone was telling them to not approach was up for debate.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 1:40 am

Finally, without other options, Archimedes stopped in a crossroads, a position from which he could minimize the advantages of whoever was tracking him. He turns his vox amplification to its loudest.

"Show yourselves and we can discuss the matter like reasonable beings. I will not be cowed or lured into a trap on your whims."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 10:19 pm

The tunnels carried Archimedes voice an unknown distance but he could hear it echoing for some time. There was no response. His autosenses did pick up on something hitting a rock with a metal object. It beat out something in a pattern. Then he heard more carrying that message further down the tunnels. Then a new message came back.

"Ye big man fem light?" Someone asked in broken low gothic.

Archimedes couldn't pinpoint the source due to the echo.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyTue Feb 22, 2022 12:59 am

"Very much so. And you are?"

As he pans the darkness, he enhances his autosenses, hoping to filter out the echo off of the walls.
He already surmised that there was more than one person tracking him based on the multiple objects striking rock. Perhaps he could detect a pattern in the code?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 10:32 pm

[-20% even with the autosenses but Archimedes still passes.]

Quote :
"Very much so. And you are?"

"From dark." Was the only response Archimedes received.

The echo was horrendous but his suit's machine spirit did its best with what it had. The sound in Archimedes helmet modulated and everything sounded like it was said in a tin can. However, the echo was gone. Whoever was speaking to him was close. Within 15 to 20 feet.

Then a message was relayed and brought back. Archimedes had all he needed to understand it.

Linguistics:
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 7:58 pm

He turns to face the 'big man' who thought he could hide.

"Dark?" he chuckles, "The ether gods have declared me 'Darksoul' You cannot hide from me. Come out now, without threat and I will let you, and your friend, live."

He readied a frag grenade. He knew the direction and distance, but did not know the specific location. He would use the frag if need be as a shotgun blast to wound the target while he dealt with the other.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 10:28 pm

Archimedes threat was met with a laugh.

"Jut me an ony me, big man." The voice shot back at Archimedes.

The echo must of been playing tricks on the Alpha Legionnaire. There was and has only been one person talking to him.

Another message was sent down the corridors of this underground maze.

Response - Deadly? Yes. Valuables? Many.

This time a response took much longer. Seems someone was making a decision.

Sent - Approach.

Approach they did. A mutant that was only a few inches shorter than Archimedes. A frame that was thick and covered in fused plates with tattered clothing. Dark had beady like eyes that winced at any light. In Dark's hands was a repurposed pick ax. One side retained its usual blade but the other had a jury rigged explosive on it. A shape charge that when armed would go off on contact with its target.

Dark just stood there looking at Archimedes. No obvious threat... yet.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 3:30 pm

"My valuable are not for sale, mutant. Nor would you find taking them much to your liking." he warned. He tired of this game and now was only interested in if whether they could be used as an asset or terminated as a liability, hence he did not mind letting them know he understood their code.

Hobbling their communication would be efficient as well in any case.

"However, there are those who claim to run this planet. They sit in gilded halls and drink the fruit of your labors. I am interested in their deaths if you are interested in their valuables? Ive already eliminated the most powerful one of them if you have noticed the increased commotion.

Maybe, one more attempt at the carrot before the stick......
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 9:56 pm

No flinch, no real emotional clue, or even a blink from the beady eyes that Archimedes had broken the code of the mutants.

"Me no care bout ose in the light. Crown might." Dark responded.

The mutant tapped out a message right in front of Archimedes.

Sent - Big man. Meeting?

Dark just stared at Archimedes with his beady and unblinking eyes waiting for a response.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 1:40 am

"Crown?" he says

he then taps his own response - Big man, no fight.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 10:56 pm

"Boss mans." Dark responded.

A response returned.

Response - Bring forth.

Dark turned and started down one of the tunnels. No invite or motion to join but Dark wasn't trying to slip away. He plodded along making him easy to follow.

++++

The human made tunnels started to morph into caves and eventually Archimedes couldn't see any signs of human activity beyond a few markings. These markings were not the ones he saw back in the tunnels. These were something new. Then he saw the mark depicting a crown sitting atop a pile of rocks. The Granite Crown.

Where Dark had lead him to was not the Granite Crown though. It was basically a village fitted into a large cavern. Archimedes could make out figures moving in the dark and among some of the little light that came from some kind of bioluminescent creatures or fungus.

Massive figures approached. 3 the same size as Dark and one that stood over them (which meant it stood over Archimedes).

The massive mutant was very much a leader. Scrap armor that the others did not posses and lots of trinkets that must of came from the surface. Archimedes then remembered who he was dealing with. This must be one of the mutant shatterchiefs Orozco spoke off. Not one of the lords of the Granite Crown but very much someone who paid fealty to them.

"Big un, huh?" The shatterchief said in a deep bone rattling voice. "You no lighter me seent before. Armo, big gun, knowns rattle, good listeners, and no fight clanners. Wha want?"

Last edited by Solodice on Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyFri Apr 01, 2022 1:40 am

Archimedes hoists his bolter over his shoulder single handed in a relaxed position, more for these wretches than himself.
He looks up at the....mutant? Ogryn? whatever this thing was.
"I am in the process of shattering the hierarchy on this world. Its that bunch of worthless nobles and their thugs that keep you in the dark here. The first blows have been struck and they are scared. I need no help to complete this task, but your assistance would hasten their end and bring freedom to your people. Freedom to walk among society without fear of chains."

He awaited the response with amusement. This whole situation was not what he expected to be doing this day.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 10:13 pm

Archimedes knew a little about mutants. This was definitely not an Ogryn.

"We already free." The shatterchief pointed an armored finger towards the ceiling. "Lighter problems are lighter problems, not clanners." His finger lowered and was now pointing at Archimedes. "If no help need why come? You look for somethin else?"

The shatterchief's finger curled in and formed a massive fist. One he held out for Archimedes to see.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 12:16 am

"Now that you mention it. I have a friend who wants to meet with people he calls 'Shatterchiefs' I think he specifically seeks out shamans and those with unnatural powers. My friend is not able to seek them himself so Ive been tasked with finding them. Sound familiar?"
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 10:24 pm

"Ya talkin to a shatterchief, nub." Dark interrupted.

The shatterchief raised a fist towards Dark but quickly returned his attention to Archimedes. "Shamans? You mean the magic lighters? They work for crown." He spat on the ground. "Crown doesn't meet. They find when interested." He shifts his weight. "They might have interest for you."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 1:53 am

"I certainly hope so." he replies.

"It seems until we are at that point, there is little left to discuss. UNless you have something to add I suppose Ill let you clanners do whatever it is you do and I will go remove the problems from the lighters. I do hope we meet again on such friendly terms."

He hoped they would make an attempt to bargain, but didnt feel like fighting a whole settlement to force the issue.
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 10:42 pm

"So you not want to meet crown?" The mutant said disappointed. "Just need to get attention. No words. Something actual. Something good." He mumbled something before continuing. "The lords collect. Collection is soon. Something of yours could get interest."

Dark pointed to Archimedes bolt pistol and combat knife. "Those work."

The shatterchief agreed. "Unless you want me to offer you up? Then you really would be of interest." His laugh rumbled throughout the cavern and Archimedes swore a few rocks were jostled loose.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyThu May 19, 2022 12:53 pm

Now he smelled an ambush. He motioned to his gear while actually prepping them for combat.
"I'm afraid these are not up for bargaining. I've Carrie them through many battlefields over the last 10,000 years."

He reiterates, making his stand clear,

"Ten.Thousand. years in which no loyalist, mutant, fanatic, xenos, or small brained peon has been able to kill me nor take me captive. I've walked through fires hot enough to burn lungs to ash without sweating. I've withstood gunfire that rips men into gristle. I've laid down foes who commanded words. And, I've done all this while carrying death across the stars for bo other reason than to assume myself."
Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 10:37 pm

The mutants stared at Archimedes with their little beady eyes. They didn't care about what he was talking about or simply didn't understand.

"No bargain. No crown. Not ask much. Might even get you goods back." The shatterchief responded.

Dark tossed his pickaxe at Archimedes feet. He motioned to the other three mutants with the same weapons. They also tossed them down. The shatterchief looked at his men and removed his gauntlets that had embedded explosive charges in the knuckles and tossed them on top of the pickaxes.

Seemed to be a gesture of faith or at least trust. Archimedes was still outnumbered but they had disarmed themselves without provoking them to do so.
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 1:15 am

Archimedes didnt understand their simple language. But he understood the gesture, he responds similarly but not exactly. He relaxes his posture and lets his bolter slacken on its sling.
He then gave the big man a nod, awaiting something more.

Back to top Go down
Solodice

Solodice

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 10:43 pm

The shatterchief motioned to Dark. Dark approached and pointed to the bolt pistol and his combat knife again. Then he held out his hands.

"Give or me can take?" It was framed as a question instead of an order. "For crown. Get attention."
Back to top Go down
Sylphilis
Admin
Sylphilis

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 11:36 pm

He did not like this at all, but he was at a loss and decided to take a risk.

He laid his bolter and bolt pistol on the ground, then sat the shock whip along with it.
As he moved, he shifted his various pouches so as to hide his power knife, he would keep that as a hold out.

Spoiler:

He then stands back to his full height and motions for the brute to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)   Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sepheris Secundus (Calixis Sector)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next