A Community for Gamers, by Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community for Gamers, by Gamers

A forum dedicated to play by post gaming of all types, homebrew creations, rules discussion for various systems, and everything in between.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Senner Ducros

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Caligula

Senner Ducros Empty
PostSubject: Senner Ducros   Senner Ducros EmptyWed May 27, 2020 3:38 pm

Name: Senner "Senn" Ducros
Class: Expert
Background: Physician

Stats:
Str: 11
Dex: 3(-2)
Con:  8
Int: 11            [10 + 1(growth https://orokos.com/roll/810110 )]
Wis: 14(+1)   [3 -> 14]
Cha: 11
[ https://orokos.com/roll/810103 ]

AC: 8
Hit Points: 4/4 [ https://orokos.com/roll/810112 ]
XP: 0

Skills:
Heal-1         (Free Skill; Hobby)
Connect-0   (Learning [ https://orokos.com/roll/810111 ])
Talk-1          (Learning [ https://orokos.com/roll/810111 ], Focus: Diplomat)
Lead-0        (Focus: Authority)

Foci:
*Diplomat 1: Gain Talk as a bonus skill. You speak all the languages common to the sector and can learn new ones to a workable level in a week, becoming fluent in a month. Reroll 1s on any skill check dice related to negotiation or diplomacy.
*Authority 1: Once per day, you can make a request from an NPC who is not openly hostile to you, rolling a Cha/Lead skill check at a difficulty of the NPC’s Morale score. If you succeed, they will comply with the request, provided it is not harmful or extremely uncharacteristic.

Class: Expert
* You gain a free level in a non-combat focus related to your background.
• Once per scene, you can reroll a failed skill check taking the new roll if it’s better.
• When you advance an experience level, you gain a bonus skill point that can be spent on any non-combat, non-psychic skill. You can save this point to spend later if you wish.

Saves:
Physical: 15
Mental:    14
Evasion:  15

Equipment: [ https://orokos.com/roll/810117 ]
* (r) Compad
* (r) Lift (x2)
* (r) Tailored antiallergens (x6)
* (r) Grenades (x2)

Credits: 20

* guy with dark, curly, shoulder long hair
* skilled and knowledgeable with meds, drugs, toxins, ..
* his formerly dominant hand is missing thumb and index finger
* vigilant

Background:

Senner grew up in unstable times. He was born into a wealthy family and enjoyed a rather luxurious urban life as a young teenager. However, a shift in political powers caused violent riots and a gradual decay of society. From one day to the next, he lost his parents and his home – his life changed dramatically. Quickly he joined a self-organized groups or communes, for surviving in an increasingly corrupt and violent society. During his later teen years he developed extraordinary skills with guns, which however abruptly ended when members of a rivaling group caught him and shattered his dominant hand. Two fingers were lost, but he escaped and survived. To be of use for his group, he took care of the wounded and sick and quickly became skilled in the use of meds and drugs – usually improvising using the vast variety of illegal substances that were available thanks to a flourishing drug market and back-alley chemlabs.
Eventually he was lucky enough to get to know the right people and ultimately managed to get himself on a spaceship, away from the chaos he used to call home. The ship was part of a mining and trading company for which Senner ended up working as a physician for a few years. Having a more secure life first was liberating, however after some years it did not satisfy him. Growing up in wealth let him have a desired living standard far higher than what he could ever reach staying in this job. He ended up leaving the crew during a landing on a technologically more advanced and politically stable planet to find a better life.
While Senner has the designated goal of achieving a prosperous lifestyle, his past also left him being disgusted by corruption and unnecessary violence. After loosing his ability to make decent use of guns and most weapons, he learned how the word could often get him further than a gun ever could.

Last edited by Caligula on Sat May 30, 2020 10:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

Senner Ducros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senner Ducros   Senner Ducros EmptyThu May 28, 2020 12:08 am

Nice!

I have two remarks, first the character stats are being rolled in order, unlike in the Dark Eye which we used to play back in the day.
So technically your stats would be
Str: 3
Dex: 8
Con: 3
Int: 11
Wis: 11
Cha: 10
But since that doesn't change too much with these stats, I would allow the stats like this, if you don't want to change them.

Second I don't understand why you would pick Alert as a focus. It's a typical combat focus and, don't take this the wrong way, Senn is a bit of a wus :-D
Foci are very valuable, maybe a different focus will help you and the concept better?

Either way I'll post the first post, we can still fix this as we start.
Back to top Go down
Caligula

Senner Ducros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senner Ducros   Senner Ducros EmptySat May 30, 2020 8:13 am

Thanks for the remarks! Then I prefer to keep the stats as they are, I already weaved it into a rough backstory Wink. Good point though about the focus Alert, I will switch to Diplomat. This fits better and still serves my original idea, that the character developed his ways of getting around fights.
Back to top Go down
Thelonius

Thelonius

Senner Ducros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senner Ducros   Senner Ducros EmptySat May 30, 2020 8:48 am

Go ahead. That sounds good and makes for a consistent character. Looking forward to the back story and where those fingers went ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Senner Ducros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senner Ducros   Senner Ducros Empty

Back to top Go down

Senner Ducros
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Community for Gamers, by Gamers :: Play-by-Post Gaming :: Silent Sun - Stars Without Number (Game Thread) :: Silent Sun - Stars Without Number (PCs)-
Jump to: